Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protests On Sunday 22:43 - May 23 with 1318 viewsSaintNick

If Everton go down then they will be putting the CEO in headlocks and chucking metal barriers through plate glass windows and abusing the players driving home.

Anything planned by those who are demanding the sacking of Sport Republic

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Protests On Sunday on 22:51 - May 23 with 1281 viewsarfurdent

do people actually care anymore?

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Protests On Sunday on 22:53 - May 23 with 1278 viewsMytchettSaint

I’m having a hard enough time deciding whether to come down Sunday, let alone worry about protesting. As I’ve said before, the best form of protest is to vote with your feet…

Thanks to engineering works (again) between Farnborough and Winchester, SWR may have made my mind up for me.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Protests On Sunday on 09:59 - May 24 with 996 viewsRon11

I'm just glad they've got rid of the likes the seemingly very incompetent and arrogant Semmens and of course the almost equally arrogant Selles who achieved almost nothing but comes out with a statement literally demanding that if he stays he will only take the manager's job.
Everton are another of those clubs with supporters who think they have a divine right to always be in the Premier League, but if they go down the nonsensical vandalism and abuse will not change anything.
Normally come late March I also follow the British Superbike series which involves some ultra competitive (entertaining) close racing, competed in by well paid (but not overpaid) riders who put in 110%, never give up and if they happen to go down will normally get straight up and not roll around as if they've been shot. It provides a good 4-5 hours of entertainment and tickets are cheaper than going to Saints (I've booked for Thruxton in August).
It's a great day out and a pleasure to watch real sportsmen for a change instead of a bunch of overpaid footballers, where at Saints more than half of them haven't even been arsed to try very hard this season.
Protests On Sunday on 10:26 - May 24 with 981 viewssaints__fan__73

What an odd thread. Are you advocating fans breaking the law?

The only things that PL owners are concerned about are money and ego so by far the best way of protesting against them is by not going to games. This hurts them financially and makes them look bad as there are thousands of empty seats at games.

But for some reason you are strangely against fans protesting in this way.
[Post edited 24 May 2023 10:26]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Protests On Sunday on 10:47 - May 24 with 937 viewsarfurdent

Stay away protests will not upset the players who have shown this season they could not care less.

Unlikely the owners will care a stuff about empty seats, probably see it as an opportunity to get ready for the next few seasons.

Only once the parachute payments run out will the owners get interested in customer revenue income

So basically the best thing to do is go and direct dark thoughts at the pitch, at least while what you privately think does not get you locked up by the Establishment

Protests On Sunday on 11:43 - May 24 with 899 viewsSonicBoom

I wouldn't protest against the owners anyway. To be fair they've spent a lot more than any of our previous owners and I include Marcus in that. Even he was soon making noises that we need to be self sufficient.
We just spent the money extremely poorly. We just need to re-organise, put the right people in the right jobs and let football people make football decisions.
I'm not even arsed that we will be in the championship. Let's face it unless you have many many billions to spend you are just there making up the numbers anyway.
Protests On Sunday on 12:04 - May 24 with 875 viewsPatfromPoole

Can people both grieve and protest at the same time?

That would be quite the range of emotions.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Protests On Sunday on 13:20 - May 24 with 828 viewssolent_toffee

If Everton go down they will only have themselves to blame. Will there be kick offs, I sincerely hope not, but probably. But it will be pointless because the board that have got them in this mess won’t be there.

As for the headlock, that remark from the CEO, completely unfounded is just a snapshot of the divide between the board and the fans. At the end of the day, the club is about the fans, regardless of what division they play in. The owners are just custodians for a limited period of time, especially in this day and age, but our lot have done themselves no favours.
Login to get fewer ads

Protests On Sunday on 13:51 - May 24 with 780 viewskingslandstand1

Protests On Sunday on 13:20 - May 24 by solent_toffee

If Everton go down they will only have themselves to blame. Will there be kick offs, I sincerely hope not, but probably. But it will be pointless because the board that have got them in this mess won’t be there.

As for the headlock, that remark from the CEO, completely unfounded is just a snapshot of the divide between the board and the fans. At the end of the day, the club is about the fans, regardless of what division they play in. The owners are just custodians for a limited period of time, especially in this day and age, but our lot have done themselves no favours.

Hey ST, at least we've experienced lower divisions in our lifetimes. Afraid you haven't and it is extremely hard (at first), but I think you'll scrape by and can go through it all again next season with the same hierarchy (?)
Protests On Sunday on 13:54 - May 24 with 761 viewsChesham_Saint

Erm, isn't that just a typical Sunday in the scouseville paradise?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Protests On Sunday on 14:04 - May 24 with 747 viewssolent_toffee

Protests On Sunday on 13:51 - May 24 by kingslandstand1

Hey ST, at least we've experienced lower divisions in our lifetimes. Afraid you haven't and it is extremely hard (at first), but I think you'll scrape by and can go through it all again next season with the same hierarchy (?)

Whatever happens on Sunday, a change is needed at board level. Apparently an American company MSP are lined up to take over whatever happens and will commit to seeing the completion of the ground. Moshiri will lose a load of money if they go down as they will get it much cheaper, but no one’s arsed about that.

It’s a sad state of affairs to be honest. I remember as a kid Everton getting battered by Liverpool 5-0 at Goodison and refusing to go to school because the Kopites would give me loads of stick. My arl fella sat me down and started telling me about these players coming through Trevor Steven, Gary Stevens, what a great player Graeme Sharp was going to be etc.Two years later, they’d won the league and the FA Cup with these players.

Fast forward to now, and that will never happen. You only have to read this board, along with the Everton’s board and I hate to admit, I’ve been peeking in on the Leeds/Leicester boards. It’s not about football, all the talk is about finance. There’s no hope other the next billionaire on the rank being better than the previous James Bond villain.

I am bored to tears with it to be honest.
Protests On Sunday on 15:40 - May 24 with 696 viewsarfurdent

Protests On Sunday on 14:04 - May 24 by solent_toffee

Whatever happens on Sunday, a change is needed at board level. Apparently an American company MSP are lined up to take over whatever happens and will commit to seeing the completion of the ground. Moshiri will lose a load of money if they go down as they will get it much cheaper, but no one’s arsed about that.

It’s a sad state of affairs to be honest. I remember as a kid Everton getting battered by Liverpool 5-0 at Goodison and refusing to go to school because the Kopites would give me loads of stick. My arl fella sat me down and started telling me about these players coming through Trevor Steven, Gary Stevens, what a great player Graeme Sharp was going to be etc.Two years later, they’d won the league and the FA Cup with these players.

Fast forward to now, and that will never happen. You only have to read this board, along with the Everton’s board and I hate to admit, I’ve been peeking in on the Leeds/Leicester boards. It’s not about football, all the talk is about finance. There’s no hope other the next billionaire on the rank being better than the previous James Bond villain.

I am bored to tears with it to be honest.

at least Blofeld had a nice pussy to stroke

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024