Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Thompson 23:19 - Aug 6 with 26166 viewschuckleberry

Signs six month contract, apparently. Anyone heard the same?
Joey Thompson on 23:23 - Aug 6 with 10366 viewsKnowlesy

Sincerely hope not
Joey Thompson on 23:40 - Aug 6 with 10325 viewsBingoballs

Please no, he wasn't good enough before.
Joey Thompson on 23:44 - Aug 6 with 10305 viewsJamest1994

I thought it was him! He was sat in one of the boxes in the main stand
Joey Thompson on 00:18 - Aug 7 with 10228 viewsKenBoon

This could be a good move. Perhaps it's more than just a playing contract. Joey was always a top pro and very popular amongst the youth players.
Joey Thompson on 01:48 - Aug 7 with 10134 viewsJimmyRustler

I hope this is a wind up
Joey Thompson on 05:48 - Aug 7 with 10064 viewsTalkingSutty

Joey Thompson on 01:48 - Aug 7 by JimmyRustler

I hope this is a wind up

Marcus Holness, RNL and now Joe Thompson? This is Hills way of snuffing out any expectation around the Club and it's working wonders with me.I thought the playing squad had progressed since those days or am I missing something??

Its dumbing down the squad and I feel really sorry for the players we already have.They need to see they are being supported by Hill recruiting players of the right quality and sorry to say Holness and Thompson are Conference standard at best and that's being kind,irrespective of what the manager says. We should know,we watched them long enough and since their departures both have regressed in their footballing careers to the point of not being able to attract interest from National League Clubs. Thompson was recently rejected by Barrow after a trial spell.

When you look around at players being recruited by Clubs in league two and the conference it makes you wonder what Hill is playing at and i don't believe for one minute they all have bigger budgets than we do. Poor recruiting by Hill, he seems to be struggling to attract players to the Club bearing in mind we finished just outside the play offs of league one last season.

Nothing against Joe but he clearly isn't good enough at league two level never mind league one and he isn't being recruited as a coach because he hasn't got his qualifications. The same as Marcus Holness, the whole thing is bloody bazaar and it makes you seriously wonder what Hill is trying to achieve.

He spoke in his interview this week about being annoyed with people within the Club having Championship ambitions, he was talking about the Chairman and Directors. Then he started talking about Wrexham and Stockport to justify why we shouldn't have expectations, all very negative at the start of the new season.

Yesterday it was the supporters who contributed to the defeat because they have expectations. If fans have no expectations then why would they bother traipsing up to the oil can and paying for the privilege??

Hills in charge of recruiting and from what we are witnessing with the likes of the 3 players mentioned it won't be a strengthening of the squad. Last season we had too many players sitting on their arses content to pick up a wage and not good enough to hold down a place in the starting eleven and it seems that will be the case this time around. Rathbone and Hooper are already better prospects than Thompson yet they can't even make the bench in place of BBM....it's bloody strange!!

He's obviously a bit frightened of his own success at Rochdale and seems hesitant to push the players on to greater things, he probably realises that a slight improvement and the recruitment of a couple of decent additions will result in us being in the Play Offs. It is a fear, you just need to listen to his interviews to detect it and I think it's a self protection mechanism kicking in. This is his Achilles Heel and will obviously hold him back if he manages at a higher level. Those teams won't put up with his OWN perceived fear of failure, which is what I think it is. This is as far as he wants to take the Club,he's made that pretty obvious with his comments and bringing Holness and Joe back to the Club just confirms that theory.

Burton had the ambition, they all wanted to see how far the journey would take them and they dared to achieve and succeed.As a Club we don't have that desire we like to take our place in the queue and be grateful, citing the likes of Stockport and Wrexham as a reason for not shooting for the stars. Born winners don't think like that, they drag everybody else along with them!!

[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 6:44]
Joey Thompson on 05:59 - Aug 7 with 10050 viewsnordenblue

Joey Thompson on 00:18 - Aug 7 by KenBoon

This could be a good move. Perhaps it's more than just a playing contract. Joey was always a top pro and very popular amongst the youth players.

Thats great then,lets bring him back, just to be popular again and as a reward for being a top pro years ago....unbelievable
Joey Thompson on 07:15 - Aug 7 with 9998 viewsD_Alien

Without repeating your post TS, hear hear. Talking of which, I've stopped seeking out or listening to anything he has to say. At my age, I'm not interested in mind games, if that's what it is, and if isn't, it's downright disrespectful to his employers and the fans.

I just turn up to watch, like I've done since I was a kid, although it won't be every game this season. The rest is just bollocks, and takes away from the enjoyment. I enjoyed the trip to Spotland yesterday, despite the result, and don't want to hear excuses or negativity, especially from someone who said summat about history once.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Thompson on 07:42 - Aug 7 with 9950 viewsTalkingSutty

Joey Thompson on 07:15 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

Without repeating your post TS, hear hear. Talking of which, I've stopped seeking out or listening to anything he has to say. At my age, I'm not interested in mind games, if that's what it is, and if isn't, it's downright disrespectful to his employers and the fans.

I just turn up to watch, like I've done since I was a kid, although it won't be every game this season. The rest is just bollocks, and takes away from the enjoyment. I enjoyed the trip to Spotland yesterday, despite the result, and don't want to hear excuses or negativity, especially from someone who said summat about history once.

I stopped listening to his interviews last season but started again,my mistake. Yesterday was a decent performance against a good; very mobile Posh team. We shot ourselves in the foot thats all otherwise we would have picked a point up.

Hilly seems to be just tying himself up in knots looking for problems at every turn, he seems a man who is waging war with himself for no reason.

5th from the bottom of league one is acceptable to the fans, everybody keeps saying it but Hill refuses to listen. It gives him a free hit at invading the Play Offs but still he slates the fans expectations.

Its why he isnt managing at a higher level, the pressure would crucify him resulting in a war with the fanbase,a war he could never win. He really struggles with a couple of thousand Dale fans.thats the reality of the situation.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 7:45]
Joey Thompson on 09:04 - Aug 7 with 9799 viewselectricblue

I always thought that as a manager you improve your season after season...
I know budget dictates etc but giving a wage no matter how little to the likes of holness and thomson reduces your budget....

What was wrong with making approach for Logan! After all he is now clubless so his wage demands would have been lowered..
Paying somebody of Logans ilk you pay for their services..
If it costs £2k a week so what its money well spent.....

I have a feeling that Hills targets all went elsewhere and now Hill is struggling to attract the improvement the squad requires......

Oh and i thinking of watching the tuesday game and sit in the main stand...
Now who was it was who wants to meet up........pm me please.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 9:06]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Joey Thompson on 09:09 - Aug 7 with 9767 views442Dale

Joey Thompson on 07:15 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

Instead of focusing on the perceived moaning and negativity from fans, which doesn't really exist, it's always been the case that those within the club should start policing themselves.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joey Thompson on 09:46 - Aug 7 with 9665 viewsTVOS1907

Joey Thompson on 09:04 - Aug 7 by electricblue

I know budget dictates etc but giving a wage no matter how little to the likes of holness and thomson reduces your budget....

What was wrong with making approach for Logan! After all he is now clubless so his wage demands would have been lowered..

I have a feeling that Hills targets all went elsewhere and now Hill is struggling to attract the improvement the squad requires......

Roccydaleian

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Joey Thompson on 09:52 - Aug 7 with 9623 viewsdalestats

I think Logan wanted a lot more than 2k a week

Poll: Remain in the eu

Joey Thompson on 09:53 - Aug 7 with 9616 viewsLuke8686

Post on twitter just now saying a familiar face is returning to Spotland...
Joey Thompson on 09:54 - Aug 7 with 9607 viewsdalestats

Tweet from the club incoming a familiar face returns

Joey Thompson on 10:00 - Aug 7 with 9572 viewsboromat

I didn't hear the GMR interview was it not just the tone of the question? He seems very positive and doesnt even mention the fans on DalePlayer.

Back to Joey T why not bring him back for 6 months he's got the club running through his veins can do a job and knows what Hilly asks of his team's. He's also now had experiences at other clubs and could be better for it. If we're struggling to get players of better quality than what we've already got its probably best to bring in proven players that will have a positive impact on the younger players like RNL, Rathbone and Hooper who all look like they need as much help as they can get to start pushing for first team places.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Joey Thompson on 10:03 - Aug 7 with 9554 views442Dale

Maybe it's Dave Thompson.

That would be better.

Joey Thompson on 10:04 - Aug 7 with 9555 viewsdalestats

Joey Thompson on 09:54 - Aug 7 by dalestats

Tweet from the club incoming a familiar face returns

Official signs a six month deal

Joey Thompson on 10:06 - Aug 7 with 9526 viewssince58

Joey Thompson on 10:03 - Aug 7 by 442Dale

Maybe it's Dave Thompson.

That would be better.

Or Daley .ffs.
Joey Thompson on 10:07 - Aug 7 with 9508 viewsDaleFan7

We really are struggling to sign players of any quality unfortunately. How this deal makes sense I will never know. He's a poor league two player at best. If they wanted him back at the club do it in some sort of coaching role. He offers 0 as a player.
Joey Thompson on 10:07 - Aug 7 with 9507 viewsTVOS1907

Joey Thompson on 10:04 - Aug 7 by dalestats

Official signs a six month deal

Rejected by Barrow two weeks ago, apparently.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Joey Thompson on 10:10 - Aug 7 with 9475 viewsdalestats

Seems to be a squad filler for me, both Thompson and rnl will be no more than bit part players.

Joey Thompson on 10:15 - Aug 7 with 9428 viewsmacro

I was in the minority I thought he was a valuable player in the squad in his first spell, he had trickery but a bit like others could float in and out of matches. I have to say though I'm surprised at the signing, we've a plethora of players who can play in that position, can't see too many appearances. Covering defenders are a priority.
Joey Thompson on 10:16 - Aug 7 with 9425 viewsroccydaleian

Don't need to pm you, if you're going on Tuesday post on here and we can arrange to meet up for a chat or pre match drink or summat.
Joey Thompson on 10:17 - Aug 7 with 9414 views442Dale

Joey Thompson on 10:10 - Aug 7 by dalestats

Seems to be a squad filler for me, both Thompson and rnl will be no more than bit part players.

Then why are they here?

Thompson makes no sense at all. If he's on the bench ahead of the likes of Hooper, Rathbone or Morley, then it's worth asking why they're at the club too.

It's an incredibly disappointing signing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024