Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Stay Alert” 09:32 - May 10 with 11304 viewsPatfromPoole

Well, there’s a “how long is a piece of string?” slogan if ever I heard one.......

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

“Stay Alert” on 16:36 - May 10 with 779 viewsRednWight

“Stay Alert” on 16:06 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

I’m loving it, I get more in a week than a benefits slob gets in a month.

You now are a benefits slob

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

“Stay Alert” on 16:37 - May 10 with 779 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 16:29 - May 10 by Saintsforeverj

What definite evidence is there that children can't pass it on? A 5 year old got it. What about other adults passing it on to each other? What about adults who have to physically restrain children in pairs and can't socially distance? Or children who need medical support etc.

Do we ask 5 year olds to socially distance or not?
[Post edited 10 May 2020 16:30]

The definitive evidence is that out of millions of cases in just about every country in the world, they have not been able to link a child passing on the virus to an adult.

So to answer tour question, no there is no reason why a 5 year old should need to social distance. Yes some of them will catch the virus but the vast vast majority won’t even know they have it and they have more chance of getting hit by lightening than being seriously ill with it.

Poll: Claude Puel

“Stay Alert” on 16:38 - May 10 with 777 views1885_SFC

“Stay Alert” on 16:34 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

There are going to be a lot of promotions and deals to kick start sales.

One positive aspect then in a sea of gloom and doom I guess.

Old School is Cool

“Stay Alert” on 16:43 - May 10 with 762 viewssaint22

“Stay Alert” on 15:44 - May 10 by Vagina_Dentata

Primary.

You seem to be conflating two issues: firstly, that children can’t transmit the virus. It’s not just about the children. Primary especially means close proximity with the parents of 300 children. Im sure this is workable to some degree but, like all reopening, will need time; secondly, that teachers aren’t working. This is demonstrably not true.

I know the teaching staff of several schools in our local - primary, secondary and SEND provision schools - very well. We are setting work. We are marking. We are ringing to check they’re ok. We are ringing to go over and edit a piece of work together. We are making online lessons. We’re doing SEND meetings over zoom.

There is no “going back” to work. We are still at work.

Your disdain and ire is misplaced.

Don’t waste your time and energy save it for the kids you brilliantly teach
He is like his name sake, clueless and full of contradictions
“Stay Alert” on 16:44 - May 10 with 761 viewsSaintsforeverj

“Stay Alert” on 16:37 - May 10 by Boris_

The definitive evidence is that out of millions of cases in just about every country in the world, they have not been able to link a child passing on the virus to an adult.

So to answer tour question, no there is no reason why a 5 year old should need to social distance. Yes some of them will catch the virus but the vast vast majority won’t even know they have it and they have more chance of getting hit by lightening than being seriously ill with it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/09/children-coro

Are we certain that children can't get it or a version of it?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

“Stay Alert” on 16:46 - May 10 with 756 viewsBicester_North

“Stay Alert” on 16:43 - May 10 by saint22

So anybody who disagrees with the views you copy from Facebook is clueless?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

“Stay Alert” on 16:51 - May 10 with 743 viewscocklebreath

“Stay Alert” on 16:44 - May 10 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/09/children-coro

Are we certain that children can't get it or a version of it?

Boris knows best, he’s a business man

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

“Stay Alert” on 16:54 - May 10 with 740 viewsVagina_Dentata

“Stay Alert” on 16:43 - May 10 by saint22

I don’t think he is, and it is probably not conducive to the discussion, and the website, to label him as such.
He is wrong about teachers, however.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Login to get fewer ads

“Stay Alert” on 17:08 - May 10 with 725 viewsSaintsforeverj

“Stay Alert” on 16:54 - May 10 by Vagina_Dentata

I don’t think he is, and it is probably not conducive to the discussion, and the website, to label him as such.
He is wrong about teachers, however.

I agree. The key thing with this virus is that we simply don't know. There are so many conflicting reports and different views about who gets the virus, who can get ill etc. It is the "not knowing" which makes people so cautious. The whole situation is a bit of a nightmare really.

“Stay Alert” on 17:17 - May 10 with 707 viewskentsouthampton

“Stay Alert” on 16:29 - May 10 by Saintsforeverj

What definite evidence is there that children can't pass it on? A 5 year old got it. What about other adults passing it on to each other? What about adults who have to physically restrain children in pairs and can't socially distance? Or children who need medical support etc.

Do we ask 5 year olds to socially distance or not?
[Post edited 10 May 2020 16:30]

A six week old died of it yesterday.
“Stay Alert” on 17:19 - May 10 with 704 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 16:51 - May 10 by cocklebreath

Or perhaps just looks at the facts?

How many children under the age of 10 anywhere in the world have been critically ill and/or died with Covid 19?

“Stay Alert” on 17:24 - May 10 with 697 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 17:17 - May 10 by kentsouthampton

A six week old died of it yesterday.

Which they haven’t confirmed underlying health conditions or not?

I am fully aware the number isn’t zero by the way, nothing in life is risk free. 12 children died from flu last year and it’s been as high as 70 in recent years. Is that a reason to never open schools again?
[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:25]

“Stay Alert” on 17:25 - May 10 with 689 viewsOccasional_Showers

“Stay Alert” on 16:51 - May 10 by cocklebreath

Is there any actual evidence children cannot pass on Covid-19?

If they can pass it on It’ll spread like wildfire in schools, then parents, and grandparents.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

“Stay Alert” on 17:29 - May 10 with 687 viewsSaintsforeverj

“Stay Alert” on 17:19 - May 10 by Boris_

Or perhaps just looks at the facts?

How many children under the age of 10 anywhere in the world have been critically ill and/or died with Covid 19?

This is true so far in the pandemic, but we don't know how easily they pass it on. Opening schools means a child could get it, come and home pass it on to their diabetic mum and asthmatic dad. They then pass it on to Grandma. Parents will be waiting at gates, will they socially distance? Children come to school by bus, taxi etc. Is it safe to pack on a bus? Child has a cough and fever in school - do we close the school? What will be the reaction of other parents when they find out that a child in the class has a cough?

The point is, this has nothing to do with workshy teachers. In fact the teachers I know want to get back into school. But there are legitimate questions. This is a virus that kills and that's why it is such a nightmare.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:30]

“Stay Alert” on 17:34 - May 10 with 673 viewsSadoldgit

“Stay Alert” on 16:14 - May 10 by Boris_

I am lucky that we have a great team of staff, most of which are proactively asking to come back and I don't expect any of them to complain when they are called back off furlough.

I can see real issues in many businesses though with staff refusing to come back off furlough as they have become used to free money for sitting at home and will invent 'dangers' to justify them not returning which HR departments will have to navigate through.

Look on the bright side. Over 30,000 people in this country will no longer be needing “free money”.
“Stay Alert” on 17:45 - May 10 with 661 viewsOccasional_Showers

“Stay Alert” on 17:29 - May 10 by Saintsforeverj

This is true so far in the pandemic, but we don't know how easily they pass it on. Opening schools means a child could get it, come and home pass it on to their diabetic mum and asthmatic dad. They then pass it on to Grandma. Parents will be waiting at gates, will they socially distance? Children come to school by bus, taxi etc. Is it safe to pack on a bus? Child has a cough and fever in school - do we close the school? What will be the reaction of other parents when they find out that a child in the class has a cough?

The point is, this has nothing to do with workshy teachers. In fact the teachers I know want to get back into school. But there are legitimate questions. This is a virus that kills and that's why it is such a nightmare.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:30]

Quite. The last place that should be opening is schools.

The solution is clear. Until we reach herd immunity or there’s a vaccine Mum's should be housewife’s like they used to be and stay at home and look after their kids, while their husbands go out to work.

It has nothing to do with teachers being lazy or taking the easy job choice (which is fair but totally irrelevant) it’s about preventing a second peak which would cripple our economy.

“Stay Alert” on 17:49 - May 10 with 660 viewsJaySaint

“Stay Alert” on 16:14 - May 10 by Boris_

I am lucky that we have a great team of staff, most of which are proactively asking to come back and I don't expect any of them to complain when they are called back off furlough.

I can see real issues in many businesses though with staff refusing to come back off furlough as they have become used to free money for sitting at home and will invent 'dangers' to justify them not returning which HR departments will have to navigate through.

I agree with you.

On our recent management meeting last week, a few members of staff are apparently refusing to come back unless they are provided with brand new computers, peripherals, desk, chair, all key pad entry systems are changed and permanent onsite councillors are available for at least 3 months.

Oh, some received assistance in allowances for travelling in 5 days a week, and another demand is for that to remain, even if said people only come in every other week or 3 days a week (given what the new normal will be)....

Clearly, that is not going to happen (cheeky feckers) and we all know it is a drive by them to be permanently working from home...

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

“Stay Alert” on 17:51 - May 10 with 648 viewskentsouthampton

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/finally-virus-got-me-scientist-who-fough

"you have a 30% chance of dying if you end up in a British hospital with COVID-19. That’s about the same overall mortality rate as for Ebola in 2014 in West Africa"

Nah, it's no worse than flu.
“Stay Alert” on 18:01 - May 10 with 631 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 17:51 - May 10 by kentsouthampton

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/finally-virus-got-me-scientist-who-fough

"you have a 30% chance of dying if you end up in a British hospital with COVID-19. That’s about the same overall mortality rate as for Ebola in 2014 in West Africa"

Nah, it's no worse than flu.

Who said it was no worse than flu?

“Stay Alert” on 18:04 - May 10 with 619 viewsOccasional_Showers

“Stay Alert” on 16:37 - May 10 by Boris_

What proof do you have a child cannot pass it on to an adult?

“Stay Alert” on 18:06 - May 10 with 615 viewssaint22

As I posted yesterday who on earth is running the communication team?? They are beyond useless
It doesn’t even make sense
“Stay Alert” on 18:12 - May 10 with 604 viewsJaySaint

“Stay Alert” on 18:06 - May 10 by saint22

As I posted yesterday who on earth is running the communication team?? They are beyond useless
It doesn’t even make sense

What doesn't make sense?

“Stay Alert” on 18:13 - May 10 with 601 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 18:04 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

What proof do you have a child cannot pass it on to an adult?

Not a single country in the world has managed to link a child passing the virus on to an adult. That's over 4 million confirmed cases.

I'd say that is pretty clear evidence that at the very least, it is very unlikely for a child to transmit the virus to an adult, so is certainly not as dangerous for Primary Schools to open as teachers and unions are making out.

That is why I question how much Primary School teachers really want to go back. We're at war, everyone has to take risks, whether it's Bin Men, Pharmacy Workers, Supermarkets, Shops, Distribution Warehouses... all of which seem to be scientifically seem far more at risk than teachers, yet they are stepping up and getting on with it.

“Stay Alert” on 18:17 - May 10 with 592 viewsJaySaint

269 people in all settings are registered to have died with C19 (even if the patient has not been tested) yesterday

And that is WITH not died FROM...and may not have been been tested.

Time to ease the screw a little
[Post edited 10 May 2020 18:17]

“Stay Alert” on 18:30 - May 10 with 571 viewsSadoldgit

Children with no underlying health conditions have died from the Coronavirus. According to a study in China they are just as likely to get it as adults, although the symptoms are likely to be less severe. If my children were of that age I would not want to chance it even if some on here think it is worth the risk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024