Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Stay Alert” 09:32 - May 10 with 11310 viewsPatfromPoole

Well, there’s a “how long is a piece of string?” slogan if ever I heard one.......

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

“Stay Alert” on 20:00 - May 10 with 657 viewsSadoldgit

“Stay Alert” on 18:53 - May 10 by Boris_

OK mush, there's one question I still can't find the answer to.

Supermarket workers know the dangers, they are willing to go to work and accept the risks.

Bin Men know the risks, they just get on with it.

Care Workers are under incredible stress and danger, in many cases for minimum wage - their duty of care comes before their own health.

Postmen/women are extremely at risk, however they know this country is at war and people need their mail more than ever so they carry on.

Question: Why is it that Teachers are the only ones who are unwilling to take a risk? ( even though scientific evidence suggests they are least at risk from the above groups )
[Post edited 10 May 2020 18:54]

Given how safe schools are, you would think that Johnson would be opening them up again from tomorrow. There is a reason why they probably aren’t going to be fully open until (possibly) September, it is because they are not considered to be that safe.
“Stay Alert” on 20:02 - May 10 with 661 viewsBicester_North

“Stay Alert” on 20:00 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

but they are deliberately being obtuse in the guidance.

What guidance do you want?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

“Stay Alert” on 20:04 - May 10 with 655 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 20:00 - May 10 by Sadoldgit

Given how safe schools are, you would think that Johnson would be opening them up again from tomorrow. There is a reason why they probably aren’t going to be fully open until (possibly) September, it is because they are not considered to be that safe.

I think he's highlighted the difference between Primary and Secondary schools in terms of danger, as Primary Schools will start to open in a few weeks but no real mention of secondary schools, just some Year 10's hopefully getting a few weeks in July.

Poll: Claude Puel

“Stay Alert” on 20:07 - May 10 with 641 viewscynicalsaint

“Stay Alert” on 20:02 - May 10 by Bicester_North

see previous. if it's all clear / unambiguous then i apologies, but seems like there is a world of grey in there.
“Stay Alert” on 20:10 - May 10 with 629 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 20:02 - May 10 by Bicester_North

Are families and other households allowed to meet in open spaces as long as social distancing is followed?

Based on the statement, the answer is yes.

“Stay Alert” on 20:14 - May 10 with 609 viewsHeisenberg

“Stay Alert” on 20:04 - May 10 by Boris_

I think he's highlighted the difference between Primary and Secondary schools in terms of danger, as Primary Schools will start to open in a few weeks but no real mention of secondary schools, just some Year 10's hopefully getting a few weeks in July.

Returning to work is going to be a complicated affair. All employers will need to carry out risk assessments that aim to maintain social distancing and protect not just employees but anyone on their premises. Even holding meetings, rooms will need to be assessed for numbers it can hold and all sorts of other factors. The Trade unions will be all over this and quite rightly so. And I wouldn't be surprised to see those TV adverts popping up in the future asking 'were you working in an unsafe environment, contracted COVID19 then call us now'.

Outside of work we just wanted to know if we can have grandchildren to stay to give a parent struggling a break. Still none the wiser on that one.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

“Stay Alert” on 20:14 - May 10 with 608 viewsdirk_doone

“Stay Alert” on 20:10 - May 10 by Boris_

Are families and other households allowed to meet in open spaces as long as social distancing is followed?

Based on the statement, the answer is yes.

"People should stay 2 metres apart IF POSSIBLE."

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

“Stay Alert” on 20:15 - May 10 with 603 viewsBicester_North

“Stay Alert” on 20:07 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

see previous. if it's all clear / unambiguous then i apologies, but seems like there is a world of grey in there.

Go out and exercise but Keep your distance
Maintain hygiene
Manufacturing and construction and food shops/ take aways can work if they are able to keep distance- this is a problem as certain jobs require people to be closer than 2M but what can you do?
Don’t get involved in any social gatherings inside or where you can’t keep your distance
If the R rate comes down then shops and schools etc can phase re opening
[Post edited 10 May 2020 20:24]

Login to get fewer ads

“Stay Alert” on 20:25 - May 10 with 575 viewsVagina_Dentata

1st of June for schools, as we’ve been planning for last week.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

“Stay Alert” on 20:26 - May 10 with 574 viewsBicester_North

“Stay Alert” on 20:14 - May 10 by dirk_doone

"People should stay 2 metres apart IF POSSIBLE."

So if it’s not possible don’t do it. For some jobs that require heavy lifting in places where machines can’t do it, this is a problem. But what answer is there? If people are showing symptoms they shouldn’t go to work, that’s about all you can do.

“Stay Alert” on 20:43 - May 10 with 549 viewsSadoldgit

I have just been reading comments from those working in the NHS on FB. They think his comments are too vague and expect they will lead to another wave. They would have preferred that the stay home message continue for a while yet.
“Stay Alert” on 20:44 - May 10 with 547 viewsgrumpy

How do the people that commute into London get to their place of work if they can't use public transport?
“Stay Alert” on 20:48 - May 10 with 534 viewscynicalsaint

“Stay Alert” on 20:15 - May 10 by Bicester_North

Go out and exercise but Keep your distance
Maintain hygiene
Manufacturing and construction and food shops/ take aways can work if they are able to keep distance- this is a problem as certain jobs require people to be closer than 2M but what can you do?
Don’t get involved in any social gatherings inside or where you can’t keep your distance
If the R rate comes down then shops and schools etc can phase re opening
[Post edited 10 May 2020 20:24]

can you seriously not see the blame shift that's happening here?
“Stay Alert” on 20:50 - May 10 with 525 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 20:43 - May 10 by Sadoldgit

I have just been reading comments from those working in the NHS on FB. They think his comments are too vague and expect they will lead to another wave. They would have preferred that the stay home message continue for a while yet.

On the contrary, I am good friends with a couple of ICU nurses ( one of which has caught Covid ) and they have commented on how quiet the hospitals are and how we should be looking to opening up elective surgery etc again soon as they don't need the support of every other department any more.

On the subject of when it is right and wrong, with respect, I think only Virologists and Epidemiologists can really answer with any knowledge when it comes to the likely spread of the virus.

“Stay Alert” on 20:52 - May 10 with 514 viewsBicester_North

“Stay Alert” on 20:44 - May 10 by grumpy

How do the people that commute into London get to their place of work if they can't use public transport?

Drive instead of get the train. People who do that to work in office can work remotely from home. People that don’t work in offices and it’s not practical to get there by bike, walking or driving shouldn’t go. If that can’t be done don’t do it until the infection rate comes down.
We all know people will still use public transport to get to work, but it’s that or family’s lives go down the drain in a lot of cases. What would you do?

“Stay Alert” on 20:56 - May 10 with 502 viewsOccasional_Showers

Right it’s time to stop moaning and get on with it.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

“Stay Alert” on 20:56 - May 10 with 504 viewscynicalsaint

“Stay Alert” on 20:52 - May 10 by Bicester_North

Drive instead of get the train. People who do that to work in office can work remotely from home. People that don’t work in offices and it’s not practical to get there by bike, walking or driving shouldn’t go. If that can’t be done don’t do it until the infection rate comes down.
We all know people will still use public transport to get to work, but it’s that or family’s lives go down the drain in a lot of cases. What would you do?

was that the furlough i heard creeping out the back door?
“Stay Alert” on 20:56 - May 10 with 503 viewsgrumpy

“Stay Alert” on 20:52 - May 10 by Bicester_North

Stay in Lock down.
These measures are too vague.
Good luck trying to park your car in London.
“Stay Alert” on 21:07 - May 10 with 480 viewsBicester_North

“Stay Alert” on 20:56 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

was that the furlough i heard creeping out the back door?

I don’t know, are you on furlough then?

“Stay Alert” on 21:11 - May 10 with 468 viewscynicalsaint

“Stay Alert” on 21:07 - May 10 by Bicester_North

I don’t know, are you on furlough then?

no, i'm working from home.
“Stay Alert” on 21:11 - May 10 with 467 viewsBicester_North

“Stay Alert” on 20:56 - May 10 by grumpy

Stay in Lock down.

So we stay in lockdown and manufacturing and construction and thousands of other small businesses could possibly collapse beyond repair, or could possibly not, but who knows? It’s trying to predict the future.
We all know people working on sites in London will use public transport, but what can you do?
Office staff can all work remotely so no excuse for them.

“Stay Alert” on 21:12 - May 10 with 463 viewsOccasional_Showers

“Stay Alert” on 20:56 - May 10 by grumpy

Stay in Lock down.

I am allowed to park my lorry anywhere in London. Including bus stops and red routes. If traffic wardens put a ticket on the company just pay them. I’ve had it before when a jumped up private traffic warden has told me to move and I’ve just said “ok mate, i’ll be done in an hour” blanked him and carried on.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

“Stay Alert” on 21:14 - May 10 with 458 viewsBicester_North

“Stay Alert” on 21:11 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

no, i'm working from home.

So what do you mean, you think furlough scheme is finishing? It’s in place til June 30th at the moment.

“Stay Alert” on 21:14 - May 10 with 458 viewscynicalsaint

“Stay Alert” on 21:11 - May 10 by Bicester_North

So we stay in lockdown and manufacturing and construction and thousands of other small businesses could possibly collapse beyond repair, or could possibly not, but who knows? It’s trying to predict the future.
We all know people working on sites in London will use public transport, but what can you do?
Office staff can all work remotely so no excuse for them.

yup - so remove the ambiguity. either unlock, or don't unlock.

the ambiguity / obfuscation is just creating uncertainty.
“Stay Alert” on 21:15 - May 10 with 454 viewsgrumpy

“Stay Alert” on 21:12 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

I am allowed to park my lorry anywhere in London. Including bus stops and red routes. If traffic wardens put a ticket on the company just pay them. I’ve had it before when a jumped up private traffic warden has told me to move and I’ve just said “ok mate, i’ll be done in an hour” blanked him and carried on.

There you go the voice of wisdom speaks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024