Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs 09:12 - May 12 with 2290 viewsthissceptredsaint

Key workers who have magically become 'low skilled' again all of a sudden.

Wuhan has started getting covid cases again

How long will it be before our second wave?

Should people wait until MPs feel it's safe enough to return to work before sending their children into dangerous environments like the government wants?
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:15 - May 12 with 1161 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Agreed. It feels as if they want some members of the public to be guinea pigs.

Cases going back up in Germany and two large regions in China, South Korea too I think. Either way, I predict that bell curve will see another hill coming in a week or two from now after the bank holiday bellends and people with no common sense get symptoms.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:16 - May 12 with 1158 viewssaint22

How do the expect 3-5 year olds to grasp the 2 meter rule and not run about hugging their long lost friends all day?
Ridiculous and clueless plan
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:17 - May 12 with 1156 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:16 - May 12 by saint22

How do the expect 3-5 year olds to grasp the 2 meter rule and not run about hugging their long lost friends all day?
Ridiculous and clueless plan

Additionally, "class sizes of 15" - where the hell are they going to magic up these classrooms? Schools here (Fleet) are so over-subscribed that a lot of kids need to sadly go to schools in Farnborough and Aldershot.

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:37 - May 12 with 1127 viewssolent_toffee

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:17 - May 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Additionally, "class sizes of 15" - where the hell are they going to magic up these classrooms? Schools here (Fleet) are so over-subscribed that a lot of kids need to sadly go to schools in Farnborough and Aldershot.

Priority should be given to year 6 kids to prepare them for the transition to secondary school. As others have said, Christ knows how they expect 4-5 year olds to understand social distancing.
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:43 - May 12 with 1117 viewssaint22

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:37 - May 12 by solent_toffee

Priority should be given to year 6 kids to prepare them for the transition to secondary school. As others have said, Christ knows how they expect 4-5 year olds to understand social distancing.

They expect them to use 'common sense'
its such a charade its almost funny
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:45 - May 12 with 1115 viewssolent_toffee

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:43 - May 12 by saint22

They expect them to use 'common sense'
its such a charade its almost funny

To be fair most 4-5 year olds show more common sense than some of the bell ends we’ve seen in parks up and down the country for the past few weeks.
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:57 - May 12 with 1103 viewssaint22

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:45 - May 12 by solent_toffee

To be fair most 4-5 year olds show more common sense than some of the bell ends we’ve seen in parks up and down the country for the past few weeks.

indeed that is true
maybe Boris knows something we dont......
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:59 - May 12 with 1099 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:45 - May 12 by solent_toffee

This is true ... but they're still grubby little creatures wiping snot everywhere and 'forgetting' to wash their hands!

Login to get fewer ads

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:04 - May 12 with 1095 viewsBison

My youngest has just turned 10 and I would have no issue sending him back to school. I have seen a change in him during the lockdown and it's definitely affecting him for the worse. More moody , he's become less friendly and he gets upset more often now. Kids need interaction with kids , this is not a summer holiday where they can still play with mates , looking at the evidence i would choose his mental health over the small risk he may pass it on to me or my family.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:06 - May 12 with 1076 viewsOccasional_Showers

We might not find a vaccine. We might not find a vaccine. We might not find a vaccine.

We have to learn to live and die with the virus, but we need to mitigate the risks. The longer we drag out infection the better treatments and survival rates will become.

Currently it’s estimated we are at 10% herd immunity. As we hit 20%, 30%, 40% infection rates will steadily fall until the virus has nowhere to go.

It will probably take 8 to 10 waves, each wave less severe than the one before, until we get there.

[Post edited 12 May 2020 10:11]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:11 - May 12 with 1080 viewsSadoldgit

The problem is that it isn’t just a question of you making a risk based decision of getting the virus or not, if your child does pick it up it could be spread elsewhere to individuals or families who don’t get that choice and are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:14 - May 12 with 1061 viewsOccasional_Showers

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:11 - May 12 by Sadoldgit

The problem is that it isn’t just a question of you making a risk based decision of getting the virus or not, if your child does pick it up it could be spread elsewhere to individuals or families who don’t get that choice and are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Children getting it actually desirable, but what isn’t desirable is them passing it on to grandparents.

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:15 - May 12 with 1074 viewsBison

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:11 - May 12 by Sadoldgit

As I said I looked at the evidence and the risk is extremely small in my opinion , life is a game of choices , who knows the mental effects may turn him into a Smack head by the time he's 16. Be interesting to here the opinions of other parents and those who work with kids. My wife is as we speak at work in a school and she is of the same opinion.

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:19 - May 12 with 1055 viewsOccasional_Showers

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:04 - May 12 by Bison

My youngest has just turned 10 and I would have no issue sending him back to school. I have seen a change in him during the lockdown and it's definitely affecting him for the worse. More moody , he's become less friendly and he gets upset more often now. Kids need interaction with kids , this is not a summer holiday where they can still play with mates , looking at the evidence i would choose his mental health over the small risk he may pass it on to me or my family.

Have you considered it might just be he’s turning into a teenager?

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:22 - May 12 with 1063 viewsBison

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:19 - May 12 by Occasional_Showers

Have you considered it might just be he’s turning into a teenager?

3 years too early ! I'd rather keep him as a happy go lucky kid for now. Also with the economy due to tank what chance will he have to get a job when he leaves school . I've heard it so many times on here how mental illness is just as important as a physical illness but that seems to have been forgotten for now.

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 11:35 - May 12 with 1028 viewsPatfromPoole

It is going to be bloody difficult when you think about the practicalities of having kids in schools.

I have heard talk of one-way corridors being used.

Difficult to see how they can have more than 10 in a class, where there would usually be 30.

Though I accept something has to be done, so as to free up parents to go to work.

Nightmare, really.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 11:35]

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 11:43 - May 12 with 1017 viewskentsouthampton

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 10:06 - May 12 by Occasional_Showers

We might not find a vaccine. We might not find a vaccine. We might not find a vaccine.

We have to learn to live and die with the virus, but we need to mitigate the risks. The longer we drag out infection the better treatments and survival rates will become.

Currently it’s estimated we are at 10% herd immunity. As we hit 20%, 30%, 40% infection rates will steadily fall until the virus has nowhere to go.

It will probably take 8 to 10 waves, each wave less severe than the one before, until we get there.

[Post edited 12 May 2020 10:11]

There are over 100 candidate vaccines in human trials, the worlds leading virologist says there will be dozens of working vaccines available within 18 months.
The biggest problem he sees is anti vaxxers and poor countries not getting immunised meaning the disease doesn't get wiped out.
We don't have to follow your preferred route of killing people.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 11:44]
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 11:57 - May 12 with 1005 viewsJaySaint

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 11:43 - May 12 by kentsouthampton

There are over 100 candidate vaccines in human trials, the worlds leading virologist says there will be dozens of working vaccines available within 18 months.
The biggest problem he sees is anti vaxxers and poor countries not getting immunised meaning the disease doesn't get wiped out.

what if the virus mutates?

round we go again. Trouble is, the masses will expect the govt to chuck £2500 a month at them for watching loose wimmin

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:01 - May 12 with 999 viewsBoris_

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 09:59 - May 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

This is true ... but they're still grubby little creatures wiping snot everywhere and 'forgetting' to wash their hands!

But there's also no scientific evidence to show that a 4-5 year old can pass the virus on. Science suggests they can catch it from adults and are mostly very very mile or asymptomatic when they do have it.

So perhaps they are going by that science that a 4 or 5 year old doesn't need to social distance from another child?

Poll: Claude Puel

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:19 - May 12 with 989 viewsSteveMoron

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 11:57 - May 12 by JaySaint

what if the virus mutates?

round we go again. Trouble is, the masses will expect the govt to chuck £2500 a month at them for watching loose wimmin

Viruses can often mutate in the opposite direction and become less dangerous.
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:40 - May 12 with 979 viewsSadoldgit

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:01 - May 12 by Boris_

But there's also no scientific evidence to show that a 4-5 year old can pass the virus on. Science suggests they can catch it from adults and are mostly very very mile or asymptomatic when they do have it.

So perhaps they are going by that science that a 4 or 5 year old doesn't need to social distance from another child?

Perhaps the pandemic is not as safe for children as you think Boris?

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/09/children-coronavirus-death-kawasak
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:43 - May 12 with 976 viewsSteveMoron

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:40 - May 12 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps the pandemic is not as safe for children as you think Boris?

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/09/children-coronavirus-death-kawasak

Many are dying with covid-19 not because of it.
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:47 - May 12 with 969 viewsSadoldgit

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:43 - May 12 by SteveMoron

Many are dying with covid-19 not because of it.

I expect there were people saying the same about the bubonic plague. That really doesn’t help the thousands upon thousands of people who have died because they had the virus does it?
Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:54 - May 12 with 967 viewsRednWight

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 11:35 - May 12 by PatfromPoole

It is going to be bloody difficult when you think about the practicalities of having kids in schools.

I have heard talk of one-way corridors being used.

Difficult to see how they can have more than 10 in a class, where there would usually be 30.

Though I accept something has to be done, so as to free up parents to go to work.

Nightmare, really.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 11:35]

I assume they’ll use the classrooms that are normally used by the age groups that are still at home
I can see many mothers keeping kids home though no matter what Boris says

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 12:55 - May 12 with 966 viewsBison

Using little children and key workers as guinea pigs on 11:43 - May 12 by kentsouthampton

The corona virus SARS outbreak occurred 14 years ago , there is still no vaccine for it so there is no guarantee one will be found for COVID19.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024