Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eastleigh FC 15:46 - May 29 with 4315 viewsBison

Part of the fun watching Saints was the meeting in the pub with mates going for pint and generally a day out with kids. Also the away games were a great laugh and exciting day out.

Lately Saints have not been great to watch with Dinlos complaining when you celebrated to wildly , the price is extortionate as well and it became even harder to get an away ticket.

So with that in mind we are thinking of supporting The Spifires next season so any advice on where to have a pint beforehand ( kid friendly ) , what's the rough cost of a ticket and what is the away following like ? Also for away games I presume the conference is nationwide so should be some cracking places to visit that normally you would never think of going , so anyone been to see them away and what to expect from typical home fans ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Eastleigh FC on 16:01 - May 29 with 3512 viewsBoris_

I've been several times over the last few years and likely that I'll go even more next season and maybe even get a season ticket ( worth it if you're going to go to more than a few games as it's about £15 a game or £150 for a season ticket )

There's a couple of bars in the ground so no need to drink at Cricketers and walk up etc if you've got kids with you, then the kids can just hang around inside the ground.

Have been to a few away games over the last couple of seasons as well, 100-200 generally for a London game and a good day on the beers.

Quite a few of the old school Saints lads go there now.

Poll: Claude Puel

Eastleigh FC on 16:15 - May 29 with 3505 views1teeminants

I’ve been quite a few times over the years they have decent bars in the ground Now they’ve spent a bit of money on the place . The cricketers is generally where away fans drink but there is a mixture of home and away in there. I know some that drink in the Fleming Arms, Swaythling and walk to the ground then have a few in the bar .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Eastleigh FC on 17:15 - May 29 with 3455 viewsBison

Thanks I have had a Google and the Hangar bar looks spot on for what we want , like the fact at games you can move around as well. I think this might relight my passion for football again , gonna check the conference to see what teams / places we might get to visit.

Saints still my team but a telly team , prob do the cups with Saints and league with EFC.

Ones that jump out are Notts County , oldest league club ? Chesterfield as my mate in Sheffield supports them and TOrquay , may see Hells Bells . All be good Saturday nights out.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 17:20]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Eastleigh FC on 22:45 - May 29 with 3304 viewsBicester_North

Eastleigh FC on 17:15 - May 29 by Bison

Thanks I have had a Google and the Hangar bar looks spot on for what we want , like the fact at games you can move around as well. I think this might relight my passion for football again , gonna check the conference to see what teams / places we might get to visit.

Saints still my team but a telly team , prob do the cups with Saints and league with EFC.

Ones that jump out are Notts County , oldest league club ? Chesterfield as my mate in Sheffield supports them and TOrquay , may see Hells Bells . All be good Saturday nights out.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 17:20]

From my experiences it’s a much better day than St Mary’s for the reasons mostly mentioned above, only drawback is after the home games there aren’t many places to go after the match compared to town but if you’re happy with the 2 or 3 options then home or a cab ride somewhere else that’s good enough.
Just the fact it’s vast majority Saturday pm kick offs is a real winner.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Eastleigh FC on 23:12 - May 29 with 3292 viewsWints76

When I've been, it has been ok but I am just not bothered by what happens on the pitch. With Saints, I am. I still love going to SMS and meeting up with mates before and after. Eastleigh (or Winch or Aldershot) are ok, but nothing like the real thing for me
Eastleigh FC on 23:21 - May 29 with 3285 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Eastleigh FC on 23:12 - May 29 by Wints76

When I've been, it has been ok but I am just not bothered by what happens on the pitch. With Saints, I am. I still love going to SMS and meeting up with mates before and after. Eastleigh (or Winch or Aldershot) are ok, but nothing like the real thing for me

Agree with this - I've tried the non-league stuff now, it doesn't do it for me. I only really like watching Saints. I honestly think I'm just not THAT into football. I don't watch European football, I don't really watch other premier league or any other teams on TV.

I'm a Saints fan, not a massive football fan now. England I'll warm up to in a tournament - happy to admit I'm a massive plastic England "fan".

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Eastleigh FC on 23:51 - May 29 with 3276 viewsSaintsforeverj

Putting aside all the gripes I might have about Saints, cost, PL, ownership etc that we all recognise, the club is in my blood. I have been to Eastleigh and it is ok. It's something to do if Saints aren't playing. But I'm not bothered if Eastleigh lose.

When Saints beat Spurs last year at St Mary's and Chelsea away, it was incredible and wouldn't want to miss it because I was watching Eastleigh instead. Likewise, when Saints lose, it affects me: they're my team - nothing I can do about it.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Eastleigh FC on 23:54 - May 29 with 3271 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Eastleigh FC on 23:51 - May 29 by Saintsforeverj

Putting aside all the gripes I might have about Saints, cost, PL, ownership etc that we all recognise, the club is in my blood. I have been to Eastleigh and it is ok. It's something to do if Saints aren't playing. But I'm not bothered if Eastleigh lose.

When Saints beat Spurs last year at St Mary's and Chelsea away, it was incredible and wouldn't want to miss it because I was watching Eastleigh instead. Likewise, when Saints lose, it affects me: they're my team - nothing I can do about it.

Absolutely this! I still go into work with a skip on a Monday if Saints have won and still get p*ssed off if they haven't. Even the wife notices and I get the "just because Saints lost don't ruin our evening" thing.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Eastleigh FC on 00:02 - May 30 with 3268 viewsSaintsforeverj

Eastleigh FC on 23:54 - May 29 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Absolutely this! I still go into work with a skip on a Monday if Saints have won and still get p*ssed off if they haven't. Even the wife notices and I get the "just because Saints lost don't ruin our evening" thing.

Yep, recognise this! Saturday nights can be very
emotional. "You know what Saints are, just accept it". That's what I usually get! But we get some big games, the local derby, a few cup finals, those shock wins against the top clubs. I wouldn't miss them for the world.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Eastleigh FC on 07:26 - May 30 with 3187 viewskernow

Recognize that "just because Saints lose don't let it ruin our evening" thing.
Just an overreaction to me heaving the telly out the window whilst shouting "ffs you lying bstard!!"
Eastleigh FC on 08:11 - May 30 with 3167 viewsSaintNick

This is the same for me , I have to have a real affinity to watch football these days, Eastleigh is a great club and it looks like Totton are going to try and emulate them in the next few years, but the truth is I like to see them win, but it doesn't bother me if they lose.

There is a trend in football these days that clubs like Eastleigh get some of the disenfranchised fans from nearby big clubs, but they ultimately can only go so far and supporters drift away if their first club pick up.

FC United of Manchester are an example they were formed by Man Utd fans who were fed up with the way they were going, they had a lot of money and initially a lot of support, now they have plateaued out and although their attendances are good for the league they are in they are not even half what they uded to get.

Salford are a bit like Eastleigh in the way they have risen and built a new ground where the old one stood,but despite their high profile owners and money pumped in that has taken them into League Two, they struggle to get over 3,000 unless there is a big away support, undoubtably they have taken some support from FC United, ultimately though fans stay loyal to their first love aside a few who find that non league football is really for them

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Eastleigh FC on 12:12 - May 30 with 3071 viewskingslandstand1

Eastleigh FC on 07:26 - May 30 by kernow

Recognize that "just because Saints lose don't let it ruin our evening" thing.
Just an overreaction to me heaving the telly out the window whilst shouting "ffs you lying bstard!!"

Apparently "it's only a game" so I've been told more than ince
Eastleigh FC on 12:36 - May 30 with 3054 viewsTripleNiemi

I don't know why, but for some strange reason the second result i have been looking at over the last few years has been Wimbledon (the proper Dons). I really do look forward to them getting into their new stadium and trying to continue to creep back up the pyramid.

These days (well not sure now if things will remain this way), massive stadiums are not a prerequisite for getting into, and surviving in the top flight. Bournemouth have done ok and if we were still at the Dell the capacity is no longer such a big issue as it was back when we had to move to survive in the PL.

Not sure what Plough Lanes new capacity will be, but i hope Wimbledon one day get back to the top table.

Saints are, and always will be my first team, bizarrely non of the other local sides do it for me, but i do like the Dons probably due to everything they have been through as a club.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Eastleigh FC on 14:50 - May 30 with 3001 viewsChesham_Saint

Well I live in Essex and I'm sure as shit not going to do a 260 mile round trip to watch Eastleigh (not that I've got anything against them). I just don't 'feel it' for any team other than SFC. Whether it's days out like the semi final v Palace or Inter Milan away, or even a midweek game versus Rochdale in the league cup, it's Saints or nothing. Just too many memories (good and bad); old friends, new friends and sadly those who've passed away.

I've been to a fair few games as a neutral and it was a nice distraction, but unless I have an emotional stake, for example when I saw Watford play the Skates or Man U v Middlesbrough (where naturally I was pro-'Boro!) I don't really care.

I still feel for England of course, but the rest I'm not interested in, other than the fact that we need them to exist so Saints have someone to play...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Eastleigh FC on 22:39 - May 30 with 2902 viewsBlue

I can understand this feeling.

Let's face it, unless you're a supporter of a reasonably successful club (and often even if you are), football is pretty shite these days, the whole 'customer' not supporter thing, the 'matchday experience' guff, wtf happened to just having a day on the piss with your mates, and the football was just a (albeit significant) part of that?

Nowadays you always get the fkers that want to leave on 80mins+ to 'beat the traffic' etc. It p1sses me right off.

I'll always support City, and I'm seeing some of the best football ever witnessed in England, yet for the last couple of years, I've felt more and more disaffected with the modern game. I'm currently 50-50 whether I will renew for next season, whenever that will be.

If I don't renew, I'll spend my weekends visiting new grounds, home and abroad, including trips more often to see my friends in Verona, while watching Hellas play.

Still stood in the Kippax

Eastleigh FC on 22:52 - May 30 with 2897 viewshedgeend61

Eastleigh FC on 23:51 - May 29 by Saintsforeverj

Agree with all of that, I've brought a S/T (as well as Saints) and parking pass at Eastleigh the last 3 seasons as very cheap £100 then £150 but only bothered going to around 15 games in total, so around £26 a game for me, but that's my choice and helped them in a small way.

Got a Saints tattoo on my leg, them and England have been my teams for 50 years, going to Eastleigh the result doesn't matter, it's just a few beers and a burger, whatever happens won't change my mood, if Saints lose I'm more miserable than normal.

https://tssc-eastleighfc.proboards.com/thread/5375/refund-season-tickets-parking
Can't believe this isn't a wind up, the refund would barely pay for a meal and drink at a Beefeater (when open )
Eastleigh FC on 23:02 - May 30 with 2892 viewshedgeend61

Another worry for all clubs (especially lower leagues) is how the hell can they sell Season Tickets for next season?, with uncertainty about a return to playing in front of a crowd.

It won't be viable without fans there, except maybe the PL.
Eastleigh FC on 15:24 - May 31 with 2761 viewscocklebreath

Yep it’s like going to a friendly I just don’t care about the game, Saints is my one and only team.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Eastleigh FC on 22:16 - May 31 with 2715 viewsBoris_

Eastleigh FC on 22:39 - May 30 by Blue

I can understand this feeling.

Let's face it, unless you're a supporter of a reasonably successful club (and often even if you are), football is pretty shite these days, the whole 'customer' not supporter thing, the 'matchday experience' guff, wtf happened to just having a day on the piss with your mates, and the football was just a (albeit significant) part of that?

Nowadays you always get the fkers that want to leave on 80mins+ to 'beat the traffic' etc. It p1sses me right off.

I'll always support City, and I'm seeing some of the best football ever witnessed in England, yet for the last couple of years, I've felt more and more disaffected with the modern game. I'm currently 50-50 whether I will renew for next season, whenever that will be.

If I don't renew, I'll spend my weekends visiting new grounds, home and abroad, including trips more often to see my friends in Verona, while watching Hellas play.

I work quite closely with Man City and generally I'm up there a day a month filming with the players at the training campus. Normally media days are on a recovery day so I get invited to the game the day before by City.

I find the atmosphere really strange there. I've sat in most 'home' areas of the stadium and the atmosphere reminds me of Arsenals. Whilst you're seeing brilliant football, surely you'd prefer to still be at Maine Road?
[Post edited 31 May 2020 22:16]

Eastleigh FC on 14:30 - Jun 1 with 2596 viewsTimSaint

A mate from North Hampshire has been doing the non league thing since not renewing his Saints ST last year. His son wasn't fussed about going to Saints any more (poor results at home / older / other interests etc) so he had to stop too.
As a compromise (to his missus I guess !!) he goes to watch Hartley Wintney (who?) most home games. He says it is more of a social thing and not the commitment that supporting Saints involves. HW are 5 mins away, he can leave at 2.45, get in, get a beer and stand watching the game, knowing that he will know at least a dozen people there.
He isn't bothered if they win, lose or draw and doesn't celebrate or cheer a goal or win in the way he would at Saints. I guess to him, it is a way to get some live football in (his son doesn't go) and escape for a few hours.

TimSaint

Eastleigh FC on 14:57 - Jun 1 with 2588 viewsTimSaint

I've been to a few non league games but it is not the same as supporting Saints in any way, shape or form.

Even when I have watched a game where I have known a player, it is still the same - I hope they win and he does well, but that's all.

I don't really take much interest in England these days either. I have been to see them at Wembley more than 10 times and St Marys twice, but it is usually a given that we will qualify for major tournaments, under perform and be home early. Best England moment was definitely Ricky scoring against Scotland, obviously because he was with us at the time !!

I also go to watch games when I am in Slovakia - usually about 5 times per season, with Slovak friends and colleagues. I have been watching a team there regularly for about 16 years and have seen them in 3 different home stadiums, in Europa League qualifiers, the Europa League itself and in 2 away venues. When I go, I really enjoy it. The locals I go with really like that there is an English guy with them. I liken in to going back in the late 80's or early 90's. Loads of beer, large groups of guys, so much more singing (even though I understand very little of it) and a great atmosphere.
They are definitely my second team, but despite this, it is not the same as supporting Saints and celebrating that special goal or famous win !!

TimSaint

Eastleigh FC on 17:10 - Jun 1 with 2564 views1teeminants

Eastleigh FC on 14:30 - Jun 1 by TimSaint

A mate from North Hampshire has been doing the non league thing since not renewing his Saints ST last year. His son wasn't fussed about going to Saints any more (poor results at home / older / other interests etc) so he had to stop too.
As a compromise (to his missus I guess !!) he goes to watch Hartley Wintney (who?) most home games. He says it is more of a social thing and not the commitment that supporting Saints involves. HW are 5 mins away, he can leave at 2.45, get in, get a beer and stand watching the game, knowing that he will know at least a dozen people there.
He isn't bothered if they win, lose or draw and doesn't celebrate or cheer a goal or win in the way he would at Saints. I guess to him, it is a way to get some live football in (his son doesn't go) and escape for a few hours.

When I was a young chap I used to work in an office and there was a bloke who used to follow Eastleigh all over the country . This was when Eastleigh were not very good , playing at a low level and they used to get about 200 watching them. Total nutter he was but he loved it . He would often leave the office about mid day in the week if they were playing up north somewhere and get a train then taxi to some far out location . His enthusiasm and passion for Eastleigh rubbed off on me and I always look out for their results now and I do pop along when I can be arsed but I agree with others it’s not the same as watching saints . Saints will always be my team. You can change your wife , job car, girlfriend whatever but you can’t change your football team.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Eastleigh FC on 17:16 - Jun 1 with 2553 viewsBoris_

I am not overly bothered if Eastleigh lose. Saints is my team.

It's a much better day out socially with your mates though, than going to St Mary's.

Eastleigh FC on 08:46 - Jun 3 with 2411 viewsSaintNick

Eastleigh FC on 17:10 - Jun 1 by 1teeminants

When I was a young chap I used to work in an office and there was a bloke who used to follow Eastleigh all over the country . This was when Eastleigh were not very good , playing at a low level and they used to get about 200 watching them. Total nutter he was but he loved it . He would often leave the office about mid day in the week if they were playing up north somewhere and get a train then taxi to some far out location . His enthusiasm and passion for Eastleigh rubbed off on me and I always look out for their results now and I do pop along when I can be arsed but I agree with others it’s not the same as watching saints . Saints will always be my team. You can change your wife , job car, girlfriend whatever but you can’t change your football team.

Not that I am a pedant, or casting aspersions on your age, but up till the last 15 years or so Eastleigh were in the Wessex league which was fairly localised, the furthest north they went was Banbury

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Eastleigh FC on 09:04 - Jun 3 with 2398 viewssaintwizzler

Eastleigh FC on 08:46 - Jun 3 by SaintNick

Not that I am a pedant, or casting aspersions on your age, but up till the last 15 years or so Eastleigh were in the Wessex league which was fairly localised, the furthest north they went was Banbury

I don’t blame them.
Everything north of Banbury is desolate.
❄️

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024