Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have heard it all now 08:56 - Jun 11 with 4040 viewskingslandstand1

Lord Baden Powell statue in Poole Harbour to be taken down!
Fkn ridiculous
What is this country coming to. Is the idea to delete all history and start at year dot again
Have heard it all now on 09:13 - Jun 11 with 1816 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The irony being; "he was a Nazi sympathizer"

Yet the fascists are dictating what we can and can't watch and what statues can and can't be shown?

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Have heard it all now on 09:20 - Jun 11 with 1805 viewsVagina_Dentata

Have heard it all now on 09:13 - Jun 11 by Gennaro_Contaldo

The irony being; "he was a Nazi sympathizer"

Yet the fascists are dictating what we can and can't watch and what statues can and can't be shown?

You can still go to the scouts and you can still watch little Britain. HTH.

Nice to see all this concern about the defunding and closing of public libraries.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Have heard it all now on 09:40 - Jun 11 with 1788 viewsfranniesTache

My solution is simple, let them all stay but they all have to be done by the guy that did the first Ted Bates statue.

No one would complain about any statue if it had arms three times the length of it's body and hands that looked like they were wearing mickey mouse gloves
Have heard it all now on 09:41 - Jun 11 with 1783 viewskernow

Have heard it all now on 09:40 - Jun 11 by franniesTache

My solution is simple, let them all stay but they all have to be done by the guy that did the first Ted Bates statue.

No one would complain about any statue if it had arms three times the length of it's body and hands that looked like they were wearing mickey mouse gloves

That wasn't Ted that was Milan Mandaric!
Have heard it all now on 09:42 - Jun 11 with 1777 viewsfranniesTache

Have heard it all now on 09:41 - Jun 11 by kernow

That wasn't Ted that was Milan Mandaric!

that statue still makes me laugh every time i see it, absolutely f*cking brilliant statue.
Have heard it all now on 09:55 - Jun 11 with 1742 viewsgrumpy

What would Rome look like if they tore down their statues of emperors that persecuted Christians or enslaved other nations?
Have heard it all now on 09:56 - Jun 11 with 1740 viewsBoris_

Have heard it all now on 09:20 - Jun 11 by Vagina_Dentata

You can still go to the scouts and you can still watch little Britain. HTH.

Nice to see all this concern about the defunding and closing of public libraries.

Do you agree with deleting history? As a teacher? I find that surprising.

You know that Cubs and Scouts have taught many of your pupils vital skills which will help them through life?

Poll: Claude Puel

Have heard it all now on 10:07 - Jun 11 with 1723 viewsVagina_Dentata

Have heard it all now on 09:56 - Jun 11 by Boris_

You know that Cubs and Scouts have taught many of your pupils vital skills which will help them through life?

My post you quoted literally says that you can still go to scouts.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Login to get fewer ads

Have heard it all now on 10:11 - Jun 11 with 1707 viewsBison

Have heard it all now on 09:56 - Jun 11 by Boris_

I suppose they will have to re-name The Baden-Powell primary school in Poole as well.

A woman on the radio phoned in to say it should be removed as it deeply offended her , when asked why it offended her she said well its probably to do with slavery and his role in it. She didn't have a clue what he is actually being accused of but it didn't stop her demanding to be un-offended.

Someone said earlier that all this would divide people more than unite us and its proving to be true. I for one refuse to apologise for my countries past , I can acknowledge it but I refuse to feel guilty about being a cub , laughing at Fools and Horses or any other crime I'm being accused of for having the fortune to of been born white in what I consider to be the best country in the world.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Have heard it all now on 10:21 - Jun 11 with 1685 viewsBison

On a lighter note on Sky news they are at the statue and the locals are up in arms around the statue and quite vocal about it all.

There is a geezer in the crowd with a Saints top on ....

Poole is Red'n'White !!!!!!!

Have heard it all now on 10:28 - Jun 11 with 1663 viewsDorsetIan

Seriously, would anyone really care if every single statue in the country was taken down and put in a museum?

The only one I'd miss is the one of the Queen Mother in Poundbury that - if approached from Dorchester - looks like she's giving a black power clenched fist salute.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Have heard it all now on 10:37 - Jun 11 with 1660 viewsBison

Have heard it all now on 10:28 - Jun 11 by DorsetIan

Seriously, would anyone really care if every single statue in the country was taken down and put in a museum?

The only one I'd miss is the one of the Queen Mother in Poundbury that - if approached from Dorchester - looks like she's giving a black power clenched fist salute.

Yes I would.

Nelson
The unknown soldier (you can bet someone's offended at that as its a war mongerer)
Desert Orchid at Kempton
Best Mate at Cheltenham
Red Rum at Aintree
That little dog in Edinburgh ( prob offends someone)
Statue of Liberty

Have heard it all now on 10:42 - Jun 11 with 1648 viewskernow

Have heard it all now on 10:37 - Jun 11 by Bison

Yes I would.

Nelson
The unknown soldier (you can bet someone's offended at that as its a war mongerer)
Desert Orchid at Kempton
Best Mate at Cheltenham
Red Rum at Aintree
Statue of Liberty

Where's the Statue of Liberty?
Have heard it all now on 10:42 - Jun 11 with 1637 viewsDorsetIan

Have heard it all now on 10:37 - Jun 11 by Bison

Yes I would.

Nelson
Desert Orchid at Kempton
Best Mate at Cheltenham
Red Rum at Aintree
Statue of Liberty

Happy to make exceptions for animals - very few involved in historical acts of atrocity.

Nelson can stay on health and safety grounds - too dangerous to topple.

Unknown soldier more a monument for many rather than a statue of one person - can stay.

Statue of Liberty not in the UK - outside my jurisdiction.

Any others?

Have heard it all now on 10:45 - Jun 11 with 1642 viewskernow

Have heard it all now on 10:42 - Jun 11 by DorsetIan

Happy to make exceptions for animals - very few involved in historical acts of atrocity.

Unknown soldier more a monument for many rather than a statue of one person - can stay.

Any others?

"Nelson can stay on health and safety grounds - too dangerous to topple"

Wonder if they carried out a RAMS in Dublin back in the day.?

Not that I agree as I like Nelson.
Have heard it all now on 10:49 - Jun 11 with 1628 viewsBison

Have heard it all now on 10:42 - Jun 11 by DorsetIan

Any others?

Oh I see.

You only want to make the UK statue free. Didn't all this kick off due to something that happened in another country 4 thousand miles away ?

Have heard it all now on 10:54 - Jun 11 with 1614 viewsBoris_

Have heard it all now on 10:42 - Jun 11 by kernow

Where's the Statue of Liberty?

Hiding.

[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 10:55]

Have heard it all now on 10:55 - Jun 11 with 1601 viewsDorsetIan

Have heard it all now on 10:45 - Jun 11 by kernow

"Nelson can stay on health and safety grounds - too dangerous to topple"

Wonder if they carried out a RAMS in Dublin back in the day.?

Not that I agree as I like Nelson.

I'm guessing not but the whole point about the case for universal (with exception) statue toppling, is that we live in a different age now.

And unfortunately there won't be any exceptions on the grounds that we 'like' someone. Sometimes it'll be painful, but they've all got to go, I'm afraid.

Have heard it all now on 10:59 - Jun 11 with 1595 viewsSadoldgit

It’s no bad thing to have a review about the people we have honoured with a statue over the years. I agree with the black guy yesterday though who says leave them there but add plaques with the full details of what these people did so we have the full picture. You can eradicate their images but you can’t eradicate history and it is good to know the stories. This country was built on slavery (as were others). We need to acknowledge that.
Have heard it all now on 10:59 - Jun 11 with 1601 viewskernow

Have heard it all now on 10:55 - Jun 11 by DorsetIan

I'm guessing not but the whole point about the case for universal (with exception) statue toppling, is that we live in a different age now.

And unfortunately there won't be any exceptions on the grounds that we 'like' someone. Sometimes it'll be painful, but they've all got to go, I'm afraid.

Such a bulging cheek !
Have heard it all now on 10:59 - Jun 11 with 1597 viewsBoris_

Have heard it all now on 10:07 - Jun 11 by Vagina_Dentata

My post you quoted literally says that you can still go to scouts.

Your post is quite clearly wondering what the big deal is about. Eradicating history is a huge deal and as a teacher, I am amazed that you appear not to agree.

Have heard it all now on 11:01 - Jun 11 with 1591 viewsSadoldgit

Have you seen the picture of Thatcher’s statue with a rubber ring around it under the heading “off to the Thames with you”?
Have heard it all now on 11:01 - Jun 11 with 1588 viewsDorsetIan

Have heard it all now on 10:49 - Jun 11 by Bison

Oh I see.

You only want to make the UK statue free. Didn't all this kick off due to something that happened in another country 4 thousand miles away ?

It did, but that doesn't alter the jurisdictional point. The US would be sure to follow our lead but it has to be their decision.

And maybe the Statue of Liberty can be saved on the same grounds as the unknown soldier - i.e. not something celebrating a particular individual. More a symbolic thing.

Have heard it all now on 11:01 - Jun 11 with 1594 viewsBoris_

Have heard it all now on 10:49 - Jun 11 by Bison

Oh I see.

Indeed it did. Not only did it happen 4000 miles away but the George Flloyd they are celebrating was a career criminal who spent 5 years in jail for attacking and robbing an 8 month pregnant woman and holding a gun to her stomach threatening to kill her and her unborn child.

RIP George Flloyd eh! The "gentle giant"

Have heard it all now on 11:05 - Jun 11 with 1582 viewsDorsetIan

Have heard it all now on 11:01 - Jun 11 by Boris_

Indeed it did. Not only did it happen 4000 miles away but the George Flloyd they are celebrating was a career criminal who spent 5 years in jail for attacking and robbing an 8 month pregnant woman and holding a gun to her stomach threatening to kill her and her unborn child.

RIP George Flloyd eh! The "gentle giant"

What's your point? Is it that in addition to the sentences he received for his crimes, he also deserved to be strangled to death in the street by a policeman - is that it? Just checking.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 11:06]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024