Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Ings 09:22 - Aug 21 with 12854 viewssolent_toffee

Close to signing for Everton for 40 million according to Twitter.

File under confirmation, if needed, that Twitter is wrong about everything.
Danny Ings on 09:25 - Aug 21 with 4018 viewsButty101

40mill would be a steal.

I think there would be effigy burning in the centre of soton if that where true.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Danny Ings on 09:30 - Aug 21 with 4003 viewssolent_toffee

Danny Ings on 09:25 - Aug 21 by Butty101

40mill would be a steal.

I think there would be effigy burning in the centre of soton if that where true.

There is 100% percent no truth in it, only confirmation that Twitter has the worst ITK merchants going.

From what I can see these days, has been footballer will say X could a job for Y and then it takes off.

Alex Bruce and Jamie O’Hara are the current ones. Bizarre.
Danny Ings on 09:30 - Aug 21 with 3994 viewsBoris_

There is absolutely no way that Ings would leave Southampton for Everton. Literally not a chance. Why leave your childhood club and home town to take a step sideways?

Poll: Claude Puel

Danny Ings on 09:33 - Aug 21 with 3984 viewssaintwizzler

Danny Ings on 09:25 - Aug 21 by Butty101

40mill would be a steal.

PatFromPoole would be joining Hat Kunt, ASDA Man, Peedo Clown, Selfie Kunt and The Groovy Gang in rioting from Oasis Bar all the way up to Bedford’s in horrific scenes only stopping at Sprinkles for a shake and a screwball ice cream should our heavily inked superstar forward be sold.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Danny Ings on 09:40 - Aug 21 with 3959 viewsSaintNick

Danny Ings on 09:30 - Aug 21 by solent_toffee

There is 100% percent no truth in it, only confirmation that Twitter has the worst ITK merchants going.

From what I can see these days, has been footballer will say X could a job for Y and then it takes off.

Alex Bruce and Jamie O’Hara are the current ones. Bizarre.

You are right, a trawl around football stories on the net will reveal a plethora of mainly squad players from the past trying to make their names as pundits by "suggesting" that Player A would be a good fit for one of their former clubs for whom they played 43 games a couple of decades ago.

This is soon taken up by twitter and we then have more stories from those websites that trade in the "These fans think" stories with random twitter posts being quoted along the lines of "Get it done" "amazing signing" etc etc

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Danny Ings on 09:41 - Aug 21 with 3955 viewsBuggalugs

Danny Ings on 09:33 - Aug 21 by saintwizzler

PatFromPoole would be joining Hat Kunt, ASDA Man, Peedo Clown, Selfie Kunt and The Groovy Gang in rioting from Oasis Bar all the way up to Bedford’s in horrific scenes only stopping at Sprinkles for a shake and a screwball ice cream should our heavily inked superstar forward be sold.

No Mr Octopus?

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Danny Ings on 09:41 - Aug 21 with 3956 viewsinthebox

Well there might be something in this, a friend of a friend sold Danny some toffees the other day and he gave her a wink, what a tees.
Danny Ings on 09:49 - Aug 21 with 3930 views1885_SFC

I won't believe anything I read unless it's from areasix.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Ings on 10:07 - Aug 21 with 3901 viewssolent_toffee

Danny Ings on 09:40 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

You are right, a trawl around football stories on the net will reveal a plethora of mainly squad players from the past trying to make their names as pundits by "suggesting" that Player A would be a good fit for one of their former clubs for whom they played 43 games a couple of decades ago.

This is soon taken up by twitter and we then have more stories from those websites that trade in the "These fans think" stories with random twitter posts being quoted along the lines of "Get it done" "amazing signing" etc etc

Talk Sport seems to be a breeding ground for these no marks to get some sort of profile, mainly by offering utter nonsense that is lapped up by idiots.

No offence to anyone who listens to Talk Sport, obviously.
Danny Ings on 10:21 - Aug 21 with 3866 viewsPatfromPoole

Danny Ings on 09:33 - Aug 21 by saintwizzler

Absolute bollocks Wiz.

I wouldn’t set foot in Sprinkles.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Danny Ings on 10:54 - Aug 21 with 3814 viewsWints76

I saw the original twitter post, and it was by a bloke who seems to enjoy a wind up and fair to say it has worked, with loads of Saints fans tweeting him saying no way would he move to Everton as we are a bigger club etc. Now the size of a club means nothing to me, and I don't see why people care so much about it (hi 130 years!), but Everton are huge. We aren't.

Also, I know it is often said about Ings being a Saints fan, but was he is the sense that we are? Or was just born in the area and in to football? I know there is a brick at The Chapel End in his name, but he never talks about growing up idolising Beattie and Ormerod etc
Danny Ings on 11:01 - Aug 21 with 3801 viewsPatfromPoole

Danny Ings on 10:54 - Aug 21 by Wints76

I saw the original twitter post, and it was by a bloke who seems to enjoy a wind up and fair to say it has worked, with loads of Saints fans tweeting him saying no way would he move to Everton as we are a bigger club etc. Now the size of a club means nothing to me, and I don't see why people care so much about it (hi 130 years!), but Everton are huge. We aren't.

Also, I know it is often said about Ings being a Saints fan, but was he is the sense that we are? Or was just born in the area and in to football? I know there is a brick at The Chapel End in his name, but he never talks about growing up idolising Beattie and Ormerod etc

He would have been more of a Stig Johansen fan, Rich.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Danny Ings on 11:05 - Aug 21 with 3798 viewsWints76

Danny Ings on 11:01 - Aug 21 by PatfromPoole

He would have been more of a Stig Johansen fan, Rich.

Like when talking about greatest bands ever and not mentioning The Beatles, it is implied that that is a given.
Danny Ings on 11:56 - Aug 21 with 3715 viewsSaintNick

I never talk about idolising Beattie & Ormerod either

Danny Ings on 12:08 - Aug 21 with 3687 viewsChesham_Saint

Toffs notwithstanding, I’m no fan of Everton (Highbury ‘84 and all that) but there is no way any serious football fan (Saints or not) can seriously argue that we are bigger than Everton.

Currently we may be on a par with them in terms of squad strength, but bigger? Fvck off. Have you seen their list of achievements FFS?

PS this isn’t a dig at you, Wints, just those gimps who are over-stating SFC’s status.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 12:11]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Danny Ings on 12:13 - Aug 21 with 3674 viewsSaintNick

Danny Ings on 12:08 - Aug 21 by Chesham_Saint

Toffs notwithstanding, I’m no fan of Everton (Highbury ‘84 and all that) but there is no way any serious football fan (Saints or not) can seriously argue that we are bigger than Everton.

Currently we may be on a par with them in terms of squad strength, but bigger? Fvck off. Have you seen their list of achievements FFS?

PS this isn’t a dig at you, Wints, just those gimps who are over-stating SFC’s status.

For me their biggest achievement has been the way they turned themselves from a bunch of stanley knife wielding lunatics at Highbury in 1984, to peace loving hippy types who handed out flowers to Austrian skinheads in Rotterdam only a year later, therefore enabling them to take the moral high ground and label their near neighbours murderers

Only teasing ST !

Danny Ings on 12:15 - Aug 21 with 3668 viewsChesham_Saint

Danny Ings on 12:13 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

For me their biggest achievement has been the way they turned themselves from a bunch of stanley knife wielding lunatics at Highbury in 1984, to peace loving hippy types who handed out flowers to Austrian skinheads in Rotterdam only a year later, therefore enabling them to take the moral high ground and label their near neighbours murderers

Only teasing ST !

No, but they are a bunch of cvnts (generally speaking)

Danny Ings on 12:16 - Aug 21 with 3665 viewsSaintNick

Danny Ings on 12:15 - Aug 21 by Chesham_Saint

No, but they are a bunch of cvnts (generally speaking)

Like any supporter base there is good and bad in there, generally found them to be ok unless you want trouble then they are happy to oblige

Danny Ings on 12:24 - Aug 21 with 3635 viewssolent_toffee

Danny Ings on 12:13 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

Only teasing ST !

I recently watched the coverage of Everton fans playing football against the Dutch police in Rotterdam ahead of the 85 Cup Winners Cup. It looked ace. I was only eleven at the time so wasn’t there, obviously.

Is it the high moral high ground, or a sense of injustice about getting banned from Europe, for something that absolutely nothing to do with your club? Saints would have the same right to feel a bit miffed at the time.
Danny Ings on 12:30 - Aug 21 with 3621 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Danny Ings on 12:08 - Aug 21 by Chesham_Saint

Just the modern generation of football fan who only know the last few years and have never kicked a ball before themselves.

We knew Everton of the 80s, they were very very good and they have a much longer, more proud history than Saints, no one sensible can deny that. Same with Leeds.

But now you have this social media group of troll kids and weirdos with the "WE are bigger than you", "WE should be signing Bale" etc etc etc. Tedious crap. It's why I prefer the relative normality of this forum, at least most of us are older and get it.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Danny Ings on 12:44 - Aug 21 with 3586 viewskingslandstand1

Danny Ings on 12:30 - Aug 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Just the modern generation of football fan who only know the last few years and have never kicked a ball before themselves.

We knew Everton of the 80s, they were very very good and they have a much longer, more proud history than Saints, no one sensible can deny that. Same with Leeds.

But now you have this social media group of troll kids and weirdos with the "WE are bigger than you", "WE should be signing Bale" etc etc etc. Tedious crap. It's why I prefer the relative normality of this forum, at least most of us are older and get it.

"relative normality of this forum,"

Relative to what!!!! Well ok, maybe to some realism having mostly been there and done that mentality which may stretch it a bit

But you are right re today's fans. We never were and never will be a "big" club. We may have our days in the sun with a few continuous periods of success, but we won't have "fans" from all over the country choosing us to be their team of choice rather that their local team
Danny Ings on 12:48 - Aug 21 with 3571 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Danny Ings on 12:44 - Aug 21 by kingslandstand1

"relative normality of this forum,"

Relative to what!!!! Well ok, maybe to some realism having mostly been there and done that mentality which may stretch it a bit

But you are right re today's fans. We never were and never will be a "big" club. We may have our days in the sun with a few continuous periods of success, but we won't have "fans" from all over the country choosing us to be their team of choice rather that their local team

Relative to Twitter and other social media helmet-fests haha!

I love Saints. I love seeing youth come through, I love occasionally giving the big boys a kicking. Would love to be in Europe more, but whatever, as it doesn't, the fanbase does at least take the chance to enjoy it :)

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Danny Ings on 14:31 - Aug 21 with 3427 viewsChesham_Saint

Danny Ings on 12:24 - Aug 21 by solent_toffee

I recently watched the coverage of Everton fans playing football against the Dutch police in Rotterdam ahead of the 85 Cup Winners Cup. It looked ace. I was only eleven at the time so wasn’t there, obviously.

Is it the high moral high ground, or a sense of injustice about getting banned from Europe, for something that absolutely nothing to do with your club? Saints would have the same right to feel a bit miffed at the time.

We WERE miffed. As far as I recall, we had to make do with a three way competition called I think, the Super Cup between us, the NLYs and Liverpiss. At least I got to see us win at white Hart lane (if memory serves).

As for Everton, you should feel pissed off Toffs, they had a superb team at the time and could easily have gone on to win the European Cup if only it hadn't been for the antics of your plastic scouse-righteous neighbours, and that must surely rankle?

Danny Ings on 14:46 - Aug 21 with 3410 viewsSaintNick

Danny Ings on 12:24 - Aug 21 by solent_toffee

We got banned, but I don't think we worried about it for long, those who were of a certain age realised that it could have been any English club there that day and the same would have happened, if it had been Leeds, West Ham or Millwall it would have been far worse.

So i don't remember any real moaning about getting banned it was just accepted as being one of those things that had been coming for a long time given the behaviour of fans both in domestic as well as European games

Danny Ings on 15:00 - Aug 21 with 3385 viewssolent_toffee

Danny Ings on 14:31 - Aug 21 by Chesham_Saint

We WERE miffed. As far as I recall, we had to make do with a three way competition called I think, the Super Cup between us, the NLYs and Liverpiss. At least I got to see us win at white Hart lane (if memory serves).

As for Everton, you should feel pissed off Toffs, they had a superb team at the time and could easily have gone on to win the European Cup if only it hadn't been for the antics of your plastic scouse-righteous neighbours, and that must surely rankle?

Was it called the Screen Sports Super Cup, or something like that? I’m sure Nick will know.

Then there was the Simod Cup, Full Members Cup (?), various Mickey Mouse one offs against Scottish champions. All a waste of time and no appetite from most fans.

Everton were miffed for years after, that side broke up not long after, although they did win the league again in 87. Kendall left, Steven and Stevens left.

Off the field Everton were their own worst enemy though, big pushers for the Premier League and all its trapping but with the management and oversight of a corner shop - totally unprepared and left behind before it all got going.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024