Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread 08:41 - Apr 18 with 7775 viewsSaintNick

Here we go lets be positive and have belief if only for a day

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Apr 18 with 1122 viewsdirk_doone

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:30 - Apr 18 by Kennington

We’re a pretty rubbish team who was playing a far better team. Felt as if we setup not to get a hiding on tv and maybe nick a set piece goal. In that respect what more could Ralph have done? So I’m not going to have w go at Ralph, it is what it is. If Gao and Kat don’t leave in next couple of months we’re surely nailed on to be relegated next season. Time to get stuck into the cricket.

I think you've summed it up well. Our gameplan was to try somehow to get to extra time and penalties by stopping Leicester scoring. I don't think the manager or players felt they could risk an attacking game. Not one shot on target is disappointing though.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:36 - Apr 18 with 1116 viewsgraveworm

Inept bullshit

Possibly barring Sheffield Utd we are the worst fcuking team in the premier league
Don’t mind losing, but not 1 shot on target is shocking
Misplaced passing, what do they actually do in training
So simple to play against
So easy to open up

Sorry RH. I like the guy
Time is over
Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:36 - Apr 18 with 1111 viewsBison

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:34 - Apr 18 by saint22

Remember when we used to be full of gusto attacking teams pressing them creating endless chances!?
That was totally half arsed today no desire no one other than Ings running things down, Redmond was appalling today, seems like half the team have one good game in them then 6 shite ones
We need a win ASAP so we can forget this year and start again next season
That’s if we don’t go down

Thank god the weather getting better so can play golf , looking at Italy for a 4 day sesh any advice mate ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Apr 18 with 1102 viewsSadoldgit

A very disappointing game. We were poor but so were Leicester. Apart from Vardy doing what Vardy does well, there wasn’t much between the teams which makes the loss even more disappointing. We look at different team to the one who played so well last year.
Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:38 - Apr 18 with 1095 viewsbattler

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:30 - Apr 18 by TripleNiemi

Couldn't give a flying fcuk for the league.

Went out with not so much as a whimper. Gutted.

100 % This !

Leicester were there for the taking and we just didn't turn up.

Ralph's poor tactics and motivational skills or Saints squad is just not good enough.

Take your pick.
Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:38 - Apr 18 with 1094 viewssaint22

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Apr 18 by dirk_doone

I think you've summed it up well. Our gameplan was to try somehow to get to extra time and penalties by stopping Leicester scoring. I don't think the manager or players felt they could risk an attacking game. Not one shot on target is disappointing though.

Bednarek jumping in on Vardy for their goal, basic defending, stand up ffs
Time for Salisu to replace him
Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:38 - Apr 18 with 1094 viewsMytchettSaint

I know what’s happened. Ralph passed away over Christmas and we’ve got Puel back and made him wear a Hasenhuttl costume ever since.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Apr 18 with 1073 viewspjt50

Just shows that Monday's game wasn't a blip. All the same failings were apparent. I can hardly remember winning a single long ball in the air yet we kept playing them until the 94th minute.

How many times have we seen Vardy do exactly the same thing but we seemed to have no idea how to stop it.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:41 - Apr 18 with 1047 viewsA1079

It just felt like we were going through the motions. No passion, no fight, even with the dying minutes. I cannot recall one single player excelling themselves. You get a chance to get to a final and you put in a performance like that. Yes, lose, but at least lose with passion and fight and effort and make the opposition work for the win. Even our so called "good" players offered nothing. There was not a single leader or motivator though the game itself should have been the motivator.

I am sick of us under-achieving but I am even more sick of having a team of players that just don't seem to care and a manager who clearly has lost his way and does not appear to have the respect of the players (whether or not he should go, I don't know. I am torn). May be the fact that they appear to not care is a reflection of a set of owners that do not seem to care. There needs to be a bl**dy good clear out of that team and club this summer.

I am angry because I just know they could have tried and worked harder and to me they did not.
Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:43 - Apr 18 with 1024 viewskernow

Very poor Saints.
Not brave enough.
Not good enough.
Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:47 - Apr 18 with 967 viewssaint22

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:43 - Apr 18 by kernow

Very poor Saints.
Not brave enough.
Not good enough.

Don’t worry tune in Weds for more of the same
Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:49 - Apr 18 with 941 viewsDorsetIan

As an attacking team, they looked completely clueless. Once again Armstrong the only one making a proper effort to attack.

Starting Djenepo worked out exactly as might have been expected - he created f*ck all.

Taking Redmond off so early was difficult to fathom. He wasn’t playing that badly, he has good form in the Cup this season, and he is a much better option for picking the ball up in midfield and attacking than Adams.

Ralph once again quite easily out-thought by the other manager and at no point during the game was he able to change anything to improve things.

A really really depressing FA Cup semi-final effort. Probably worse than the last one, and that is really saying something.

This season can’t end soon enough now.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 20:51]

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:50 - Apr 18 with 936 viewsdirk_doone

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:41 - Apr 18 by A1079

It just felt like we were going through the motions. No passion, no fight, even with the dying minutes. I cannot recall one single player excelling themselves. You get a chance to get to a final and you put in a performance like that. Yes, lose, but at least lose with passion and fight and effort and make the opposition work for the win. Even our so called "good" players offered nothing. There was not a single leader or motivator though the game itself should have been the motivator.

I am sick of us under-achieving but I am even more sick of having a team of players that just don't seem to care and a manager who clearly has lost his way and does not appear to have the respect of the players (whether or not he should go, I don't know. I am torn). May be the fact that they appear to not care is a reflection of a set of owners that do not seem to care. There needs to be a bl**dy good clear out of that team and club this summer.

I am angry because I just know they could have tried and worked harder and to me they did not.

The problem wih selling any of our first team players is that their replacements are likely to be worse. We have already been told we can't afford anyone who costs more than £10 milllion. That's simply not a Premier League transfer budget. Unless Kat and Gao find a buyer who is prepared to fund a Premier League team, we are in for further downgrading of our squad.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 20:51]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:50 - Apr 18 with 934 viewsBaltimore

A spineless bunch of shits!
Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:50 - Apr 18 with 924 viewsCenturion

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:38 - Apr 18 by MytchettSaint

I know what’s happened. Ralph passed away over Christmas and we’ve got Puel back and made him wear a Hasenhuttl costume ever since.

Post of the week!!!!
Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:56 - Apr 18 with 864 viewsDorsetIan

I guess the chances of this being Saints’ best season ever have slipped a bit after today’s result.

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:56 - Apr 18 with 867 viewsBuenosSaint

Our one Ray of hope was extinguishing with not even a whimper. Spineless.

Poll: The Long Future

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:56 - Apr 18 with 867 viewsTimSaint

Far too many didn't turn up, or were suffering from stage fright !!

We were good at passing it around in no man's land but created nothing and even helped Leicester with most of their chancres by giving them the ball.

You would have thought that they would have gone for it, especially in the second half and after conceding, but nobody took control of the game or was willing to take that man in, cross it or shoot. In fact we carried 4 players at least today - which I'm afraid is just a continuation from the WBA game.

We were all told to enjoy it, but you could tell from the early stages that it would be far from and enjoyable game. We went out at a wimper and that is our season over. The only saving grace was we didn't have to buy expensive tickets to watch that shitshow.

Spurs away next, so lets see what type of team we pick for that one !!

TimSaint

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:59 - Apr 18 with 849 viewsElijahK

Look most of us really do like Ralph, I mean his personality, his style, him getting us top etc but questions really need to be asked now as like 2 wins in like 17 games, no FA Cup glory along with another 9-0...
I mean today his sub use was basically exactly what most of us would’ve expected/wanted and I don’t really think his tactics were that off, but when you’ve won 2 I’m 17 and have an FA Cup semi-final with the opposing getting only one shot on target compared to your 0 questions need to be asked!
It seems like with Hasenhurtle we always have one great part to the season with the rest being shit! When he joined it was just our end to the season, last season it was the restart part (and maybe around Christmas as well) and this season it was the start of the season! I mean is this down to the quality of our squad, it’s depth or just him!?

Although is it just Ralph!? I mean when you look at our squad is it really that great, as our owner has done bugger all for us and has made us one of the very few clubs to have a profited net spend and ever since Koeman left it’s always been the same!
So what I can say for a fact is that SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE! Whether it’s our owner or manager or both I don’t know, but it’s getting to a point where something must!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 21:04 - Apr 18 with 802 viewsDorsetIan

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:59 - Apr 18 by ElijahK

Look most of us really do like Ralph, I mean his personality, his style, him getting us top etc but questions really need to be asked now as like 2 wins in like 17 games, no FA Cup glory along with another 9-0...
I mean today his sub use was basically exactly what most of us would’ve expected/wanted and I don’t really think his tactics were that off, but when you’ve won 2 I’m 17 and have an FA Cup semi-final with the opposing getting only one shot on target compared to your 0 questions need to be asked!
It seems like with Hasenhurtle we always have one great part to the season with the rest being shit! When he joined it was just our end to the season, last season it was the restart part (and maybe around Christmas as well) and this season it was the start of the season! I mean is this down to the quality of our squad, it’s depth or just him!?

Although is it just Ralph!? I mean when you look at our squad is it really that great, as our owner has done bugger all for us and has made us one of the very few clubs to have a profited net spend and ever since Koeman left it’s always been the same!
So what I can say for a fact is that SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE! Whether it’s our owner or manager or both I don’t know, but it’s getting to a point where something must!

Unfortunately, yes, this. And probably both.

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 21:14 - Apr 18 with 749 viewsMytchettSaint

I await Nicks article blaming the fans.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 21:15 - Apr 18 with 736 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:59 - Apr 18 by ElijahK

Football is imploding anyway I'm afraid.
- Pogba today upset because he can't live on 500 grand a week.
-European super leagues
- Players wanting to leave a team like us every year, to earn more money and win things, even those who support the club.
- The same top clubs who tried to furlough staff, now sign up to a super league, whilst lower league teams go bust.
Football is rotten to the core.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 21:20 - Apr 18 with 707 viewsgrumpy

All this pretty passing in no mans land is doing my head in.
Get the ball into 'their' area, that's where their goal is and if you are going to score its there.
We are so lightweight in midfield with no real leader.
To have just one shot on goal in a semi final is a disgrace.
Sorry I am going to look back in the past now, would Lawrie have sent a team out there that had only one shot on goal?
Spineless lot, if you lose the ball going forward so what you tried, all this fancy passing in your own area means nothing.
I couldn't believe what I saw with only a very few minutes to go when we got a throw in, the player with the ball didn't want to take it and threw it to another.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 21:25]
Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 21:21 - Apr 18 with 703 viewsElijahK

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 21:15 - Apr 18 by Saintsforeverj

Football is imploding anyway I'm afraid.
- Pogba today upset because he can't live on 500 grand a week.
-European super leagues
- Players wanting to leave a team like us every year, to earn more money and win things, even those who support the club.
- The same top clubs who tried to furlough staff, now sign up to a super league, whilst lower league teams go bust.
Football is rotten to the core.

Unfortunately mate I think your spot on there! I mean it does make you wonder of what’s going to change and how it’ll effect the sport. As nothing other than coverage of games, seems to be getting better in the footballing world!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 21:31 - Apr 18 with 651 viewskernow

Leicester FA Cup Semi Final Matchday Thread on 20:47 - Apr 18 by saint22

Don’t worry tune in Weds for more of the same

No I won't be tuning in.
Go ahead if thats what makes you happy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024