Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panic fuel buying 13:02 - Sep 24 with 13155 viewsSadoldgit

So it’s started already. Queues at forecourts and some garages closing. If there is one way to guarantee panic buying it is to appeal for calm!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 13:47]
Panic fuel buying on 18:57 - Sep 26 with 1220 viewsSouthamptonfan

The issue as usual, is the panicking, hysterical British public. There is fuel in the petrol stations. That is until people panic, fill up their cans and get double the amount they usually do. Then ofcourse, they run out. Bit like the loo rolls. Plenty available but people bought 500 of them. The petrol stations that arn't being frequented by the panickers, have petrol as normal. Blame the public.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 18:58]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Panic fuel buying on 20:06 - Sep 26 with 1164 viewsdirk_doone

No panic at my local petrol station: they've run out of petrol and closed down.

Because of its location it's not possible to queue there. They simply haven't had any petrol delivered

They are obviously not alone as "The Petrol Retailers Association warns that up to two-thirds of its members are out of fuel".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 6:36]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Panic fuel buying on 09:44 - Sep 27 with 1015 viewssaints__fan__73

Panic fuel buying on 20:06 - Sep 26 by dirk_doone

No panic at my local petrol station: they've run out of petrol and closed down.

Because of its location it's not possible to queue there. They simply haven't had any petrol delivered

They are obviously not alone as "The Petrol Retailers Association warns that up to two-thirds of its members are out of fuel".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 6:36]

Of course. Demand has gone up 500% in the last week. No way it could ever cope.

All due to idiots panic buying all off of the back of a story in the press saying about half a dozen BP stations were having supply issues....

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Panic fuel buying on 09:52 - Sep 27 with 1005 viewsdirk_doone

Like most car owners, apart from a few students who can only afford £10 worth of petrol, I fill my tank when I go to a petrol station. I can't overfill it and unless I drive more than usual I can't use more petrol than usual. There may be a handful of people who have filled jerry cans if they were allowed to but they wouldn't have made much difference. But, most people will be driving less than usual to avoid running out of petrol so demand will be down.

People who voted for Brexit can try to deny there is a problem or make all the excuses they like for the country's current supply problems and keep repeating it's not Brexit's fault but the truth is there are supply problems and Brexit is one of the major causes.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 10:07]

Panic fuel buying on 10:00 - Sep 27 with 985 viewssaints__fan__73

Panic fuel buying on 09:52 - Sep 27 by dirk_doone

Like most car owners, apart from a few students who can only afford £10 worth of petrol, I fill my tank when I go to a petrol station. I can't overfill it and unless I drive more than usual I can't use more petrol than usual. There may be a handful of people who have filled jerry cans if they were allowed to but they wouldn't have made much difference. But, most people will be driving less than usual to avoid running out of petrol so demand will be down.

People who voted for Brexit can try to deny there is a problem or make all the excuses they like for the country's current supply problems and keep repeating it's not Brexit's fault but the truth is there are supply problems and Brexit is one of the major causes.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 10:07]

Eh? That's utter bollux. Are you saying the petrol stations are lying when they say demand has increased by 500%

Your first statement is utterly incorrect. With full tanks of petrol costing between £50 and well over £100 not many people fill their tanks right up.

A handful of people with jerry cans? Are you serious? I was on fumes this w/e and behind a queue of people including 2 in 1970s MGs which no way are used as main every day cars and a 1960s ambulance that I assume wouldn't do more than 200 miles in a year. People are filling up every vehicle they have to the brim all in the name of panic.

Panic fuel buying on 10:06 - Sep 27 with 974 views1885_SFC

Utter bellends. I can see the tossers who are queuing for petrol and causing a petrol shortage from my bathroom.

Old School is Cool

Panic fuel buying on 10:08 - Sep 27 with 971 viewsDorsetIan

It's the governments job both to make sure that the petrol stations have enough fuel but also to ensure that people have confidence that there is enough fuel.

Everyone knows that the empty supermarket shelves are not down to panic buying.
As soon as word got out that the same thing might be happening with fuel, people were bound to act.

And it's finely balanced. It's never going to take much for a domino effect to start.

The government's job now is to ensure the flow of fuel to the petrol stations and to restore the lost confidence. This is going to be harder than keeping a lid on it in the first place. Let's see how they get on this week.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Panic fuel buying on 10:11 - Sep 27 with 968 viewsdirk_doone

Panic fuel buying on 10:06 - Sep 27 by 1885_SFC

Utter bellends. I can see the tossers who are queuing for petrol and causing a petrol shortage from my bathroom.

It's Monday morning and you can see people who need petrol to drive to work. Most petrol stations are closed because they have run out so there will inevitably be queues at the few that are still open. Fortunately, I don't need to queue because I am retired and can choose to limit my driving until the supply crisis is over. Most people don't have that luxury. Do you think they like being stuck in queues?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 10:14]

Login to get fewer ads

Panic fuel buying on 10:19 - Sep 27 with 959 viewsdirk_doone

Panic fuel buying on 10:00 - Sep 27 by saints__fan__73

Eh? That's utter bollux. Are you saying the petrol stations are lying when they say demand has increased by 500%

Your first statement is utterly incorrect. With full tanks of petrol costing between £50 and well over £100 not many people fill their tanks right up.

A handful of people with jerry cans? Are you serious? I was on fumes this w/e and behind a queue of people including 2 in 1970s MGs which no way are used as main every day cars and a 1960s ambulance that I assume wouldn't do more than 200 miles in a year. People are filling up every vehicle they have to the brim all in the name of panic.

I'm sorry to hear you're that poor. I hope your situation improves. Good luck.

Panic fuel buying on 10:34 - Sep 27 with 942 viewssaints__fan__73

Panic fuel buying on 10:19 - Sep 27 by dirk_doone

I'm sorry to hear you're that poor. I hope your situation improves. Good luck.

Take a look around you the next time you fill up when things return to normal. I think you will be truly shocked just how many people are still putting in a tenner's worth of petrol.

I usually only half fill as there's no reason in normal times to need to drive around with a full tanks worth of petrol! :)

Panic fuel buying on 10:41 - Sep 27 with 935 viewssaints__fan__73

It's amazing how people are controlled by media (inc social media).

The reality of the situation is that, last week, a small number (around 10) BP petrol stations were having supply issues. This may have been due to Brexit or it may have been down to Covid (almost certainly a mixture of the both). This was leaked to the media who made it headline news and kicked off panic buying which meant every person who usually just puts in ten or twenty quid's worth of petrol hot-footed it to the petrol station to fill to the brim every vehicle they have registered to them. This has caused the 500% increase in demand for petrol over the weekend.

It never ceases to amuse me just the degree of fanatical obsession some have to the EU. Forget their own country, it's more than they even have to their football team.

It's amazing how everything has to be 100% down to Brexit. It's the same with supermarkets, I've noticed no change whatsoever in terms of empty shelves and have continued to get an on-line delivery every week and never have more than 1 or 2 substitutions.

But there are some crack-pots who seem to be spending their days trawling endlessly through supermarkets in order to find an empty shelf so they can take a picture to post on Twitter and exclaim BLOODY BREXIT!!!

Panic fuel buying on 10:58 - Sep 27 with 912 viewsdirk_doone

Panic fuel buying on 10:34 - Sep 27 by saints__fan__73

Take a look around you the next time you fill up when things return to normal. I think you will be truly shocked just how many people are still putting in a tenner's worth of petrol.

I usually only half fill as there's no reason in normal times to need to drive around with a full tanks worth of petrol! :)

To be honest, I hadn't noticed that. I've just been filling my tank right up for as long as I can remember and assumed that other people were doing the same. Maybe I'm getting too complacent in my old age.

Panic fuel buying on 11:11 - Sep 27 with 886 viewsgrumpy

It’s no good saying don’t worry there’s plenty of fuel when there is a problem getting it There’s been a problem with HGV Drivers for a long time on many fronts which has not been addressed.Brexit hasn’t helped either.
Panic fuel buying on 11:18 - Sep 27 with 873 viewsNumber_58

I think all this queuing for fuel is good practice for when we're all driving electric cars and the queue at Fleet services starts at Winchester services.
Panic fuel buying on 11:23 - Sep 27 with 865 views1885_SFC

Panic fuel buying on 11:18 - Sep 27 by Number_58

I think all this queuing for fuel is good practice for when we're all driving electric cars and the queue at Fleet services starts at Winchester services.

lol. Exactly this. More drivers than not have to park on a street overnight than have a driveway - so no chance of charging a car at home. Fathom in the sheer number of charge points that this country had better get on installing... and these current petrol queues will look tiny in comparison to what's ahead for the British motorist.

Old School is Cool

Panic fuel buying on 11:24 - Sep 27 with 863 viewssaints__fan__73

Panic fuel buying on 10:58 - Sep 27 by dirk_doone

To be honest, I hadn't noticed that. I've just been filling my tank right up for as long as I can remember and assumed that other people were doing the same. Maybe I'm getting too complacent in my old age.

When you see how much some are howling about losing £20 per week off of their Universal Credit I guess it's no surprise that a lot can't afford £60-80 to fill up a standard family car to the brim every time.

I quite often see people putting in a fiver which seems bizarre.

Panic fuel buying on 12:28 - Sep 27 with 815 viewsSadoldgit

You try and survive on Universal Credit. People are reliant on transport more than ever before these days. £20 will make a huge difference to some people’s lives.
Panic fuel buying on 12:29 - Sep 27 with 812 viewssaintwizzler

Panic fuel buying on 11:24 - Sep 27 by saints__fan__73

When you see how much some are howling about losing £20 per week off of their Universal Credit I guess it's no surprise that a lot can't afford £60-80 to fill up a standard family car to the brim every time.

I quite often see people putting in a fiver which seems bizarre.

‘Howling’ are you for real?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Panic fuel buying on 12:35 - Sep 27 with 805 viewssaints__fan__73

Panic fuel buying on 12:29 - Sep 27 by saintwizzler

‘Howling’ are you for real?

Is whining through a cloud of cigarette smoke more to your liking?

Panic fuel buying on 12:51 - Sep 27 with 793 viewssaintwizzler

Panic fuel buying on 12:35 - Sep 27 by saints__fan__73

Is whining through a cloud of cigarette smoke more to your liking?

Not everyone is in that bracket.
£80 a month is a lot to lose.
People who cannot work through disability for example.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Panic fuel buying on 16:22 - Sep 27 with 707 viewsHeisenberg

Had to nip out today and went past 5 petrol stations. All were closed. The Govt says there is plenty of fuel if people don’t panic buy. You can’t buy any fuel if they are closed ffs. Why aren’t they leading on sorting this out. Get the army to deliver fuel or ration the amount you can buy if that is what it takes and sort out the wider issues later. Where is Johnson ? As ever the clown is nowhere to be seen. We are a couple of days away from a real crisis and this inept Govt don’t seem to be doing anything to sort it.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Panic fuel buying on 16:28 - Sep 27 with 705 viewsBazza

Panic fuel buying on 16:22 - Sep 27 by Heisenberg

Had to nip out today and went past 5 petrol stations. All were closed. The Govt says there is plenty of fuel if people don’t panic buy. You can’t buy any fuel if they are closed ffs. Why aren’t they leading on sorting this out. Get the army to deliver fuel or ration the amount you can buy if that is what it takes and sort out the wider issues later. Where is Johnson ? As ever the clown is nowhere to be seen. We are a couple of days away from a real crisis and this inept Govt don’t seem to be doing anything to sort it.

Deliveries are being made all the time. Some garages are closed but some are open. Maybe you need to try again. Or are you happier just moaning about the government.
Panic fuel buying on 16:47 - Sep 27 with 698 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 16:28 - Sep 27 by Bazza

Deliveries are being made all the time. Some garages are closed but some are open. Maybe you need to try again. Or are you happier just moaning about the government.

If you are low on fuel it isn’t helpful having to drive for miles trying to find a petrol station with fuel. 4 days in and it is still a mess.
Panic fuel buying on 17:05 - Sep 27 with 678 viewsSadoldgit

Just spoke to a neighbour who is a bus driver. He said his colleagues are leaving in droves to get jobs as HGV drivers as the money has gone up so much. The problem is that his depot is now very short on drivers causing delays on bus routes.
Panic fuel buying on 17:10 - Sep 27 with 668 viewssaints__fan__73

Panic fuel buying on 17:05 - Sep 27 by Sadoldgit

Just spoke to a neighbour who is a bus driver. He said his colleagues are leaving in droves to get jobs as HGV drivers as the money has gone up so much. The problem is that his depot is now very short on drivers causing delays on bus routes.

Sounds the perfect solution. More petrol deliveries for cars and less busses on the road.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024