Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panic fuel buying 13:02 - Sep 24 with 13163 viewsSadoldgit

So it’s started already. Queues at forecourts and some garages closing. If there is one way to guarantee panic buying it is to appeal for calm!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 13:47]
Panic fuel buying on 17:12 - Oct 2 with 974 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 14:22 - Oct 2 by saint68

They created the whole situation..to argue not is ridiculous..

No coverage =no panic.. simple as that.

So you advocate media censorship? How does that square with your conspiracy theories? No one needed to panic buy as the news reports said. They chose to.
Panic fuel buying on 17:19 - Oct 2 with 961 viewsbarry_sanchez

Panic fuel buying on 17:12 - Oct 2 by Sadoldgit

So you advocate media censorship? How does that square with your conspiracy theories? No one needed to panic buy as the news reports said. They chose to.

You could convey a balanced message and one that doesn't send panic to the citizens, they should know 99% in this Country are bellends.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Panic fuel buying on 17:21 - Oct 2 with 957 viewskentsouthampton

Panic fuel buying on 17:19 - Oct 2 by barry_sanchez

You could convey a balanced message and one that doesn't send panic to the citizens, they should know 99% in this Country are bellends.

And most of them voted for Brexit and the Tories. Anyone with even half a brain wouldn't have voted for either. But Corbyn..........................
Panic fuel buying on 17:24 - Oct 2 with 953 viewsbarry_sanchez

Panic fuel buying on 17:21 - Oct 2 by kentsouthampton

And most of them voted for Brexit and the Tories. Anyone with even half a brain wouldn't have voted for either. But Corbyn..........................

I voted Brexit but not the tories, if Corbyn actually came out and said he was for Brexit Labour wouldn't have got hammered in the last election, the woke lot forget that genuine Labour has always been against the common market and accession to the EU, Corbyn , Skinner and Benn to name a few.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Panic fuel buying on 17:36 - Oct 2 with 947 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 17:19 - Oct 2 by barry_sanchez

What more balanced message could you send that there is no shortages and no need to panic buy?
Panic fuel buying on 21:29 - Oct 2 with 901 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 17:36 - Oct 2 by Sadoldgit

What more balanced message could you send that there is no shortages and no need to panic buy?

Your mate Dorset Ian said that was the worst thing the government could’ve said, and it was their same message that caused the panic buying. I’m sure he’ll be along to argue with you soon.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Panic fuel buying on 22:14 - Oct 2 with 885 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 21:29 - Oct 2 by Bicester_North

Your mate Dorset Ian said that was the worst thing the government could’ve said, and it was their same message that caused the panic buying. I’m sure he’ll be along to argue with you soon.

My point was that people knew there was a shortage of fuel at the pumps, they’d seen the empty shelves, and they knew this lot lie about pretty much everything.

Blaming the media is such nonsense. It’s their job to report what’s going on - even more important when the govt doesn’t tell the truth.

But for the free-pass brigade who want to let the govt off the hook at every step, it’s perhaps good to have someone else to blame, other than the EU, the lazy, the stupid and feckless.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Panic fuel buying on 22:17 - Oct 2 with 884 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 22:14 - Oct 2 by DorsetIan

My point was that people knew there was a shortage of fuel at the pumps, they’d seen the empty shelves, and they knew this lot lie about pretty much everything.

Blaming the media is such nonsense. It’s their job to report what’s going on - even more important when the govt doesn’t tell the truth.

But for the free-pass brigade who want to let the govt off the hook at every step, it’s perhaps good to have someone else to blame, other than the EU, the lazy, the stupid and feckless.

Hang on, so the media only tell the truth but the government lie about everything yes?

Login to get fewer ads

Panic fuel buying on 22:41 - Oct 2 with 862 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 22:17 - Oct 2 by Bicester_North

Hang on, so the media only tell the truth but the government lie about everything yes?

This govt, yes. They lie with impunity. And they don’t believe in ethical standards.

Whereas catch a journalist lying and look what happens to them. Andrew Gilligan anyone?

Panic fuel buying on 22:43 - Oct 2 with 860 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 22:41 - Oct 2 by DorsetIan

This govt, yes. They lie with impunity. And they don’t believe in ethical standards.

Whereas catch a journalist lying and look what happens to them. Andrew Gilligan anyone?

Is that a yes then?

Panic fuel buying on 08:50 - Oct 3 with 763 viewssaint68

Panic fuel buying on 15:40 - Oct 2 by Butty101

There’s no point trying to argue either that dense old git. He will never admit he’s wrong even when you hit him with hard facts.

Plenty of fuel where I am

They're like the ugly Wac-a-Mole mob..still they are harmless and quite naive..bless them.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Panic fuel buying on 09:05 - Oct 3 with 750 viewssaint68

My God are you actually that insulated to think that this government are the first to lie and are corrupt🤣😂😆

Might want to check out the Blair years and have a gander at the mishaps and untruths that ended so many lives needlessly.

They say the standard of teaching has declined massively since the start of the millennium..I'm starting to see that's true.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Panic fuel buying on 10:04 - Oct 3 with 732 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 09:05 - Oct 3 by saint68

My God are you actually that insulated to think that this government are the first to lie and are corrupt🤣😂😆

Might want to check out the Blair years and have a gander at the mishaps and untruths that ended so many lives needlessly.

They say the standard of teaching has declined massively since the start of the millennium..I'm starting to see that's true.

Lovely whataboutery 68.

This govt, led by a clown and chancer, is rotten to its core. I believe uniquely so, due to it being in power only because of Brexit, which means that it can never tell the truth about what’s happening, and it’s been necessary to reward complete cretins like Williamson, Raab and Patel with jobs that are well beyond them. Patel can barely string a sentence together ffs. At least the other two have been rightly binned.

Panic fuel buying on 11:03 - Oct 3 with 712 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 08:50 - Oct 3 by saint68

They're like the ugly Wac-a-Mole mob..still they are harmless and quite naive..bless them.

That’s a bit rich coming from the sites biggest conspiracy theorist and anti vaxxer!
Panic fuel buying on 20:58 - Oct 3 with 654 viewsDorsetIan

No petrol at Southbound Winchester services, this evening. Other stations closed too but if they can't even keep the motorways full 10 days in, even 'blame the public for everything' die-hards are hopefully asking if anyone is in control of this.

Panic fuel buying on 21:06 - Oct 3 with 651 views1885_SFC

Due to the fuel shortage, Chris Rea has just started walking home for Christmas.

Old School is Cool

Panic fuel buying on 21:28 - Oct 3 with 630 viewsMessysaints

Panic fuel buying on 20:58 - Oct 3 by DorsetIan

No petrol at Southbound Winchester services, this evening. Other stations closed too but if they can't even keep the motorways full 10 days in, even 'blame the public for everything' die-hards are hopefully asking if anyone is in control of this.

head north.. further north you go, more chacnes you will find fuel, full stocked shelves full of food, and no one moaning about brexit. good luck
Panic fuel buying on 21:56 - Oct 3 with 609 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 21:28 - Oct 3 by Messysaints

head north.. further north you go, more chacnes you will find fuel, full stocked shelves full of food, and no one moaning about brexit. good luck

They're obviously keeping the 'red wall' sweet!! Sending them all the food and petrol so they don't notice any Brexit impact.

Panic fuel buying on 22:26 - Oct 3 with 583 viewsMessysaints

Panic fuel buying on 21:56 - Oct 3 by DorsetIan

They're obviously keeping the 'red wall' sweet!! Sending them all the food and petrol so they don't notice any Brexit impact.

to be honest, i would say its more that the south is more densly populated so less of every thing to go round, my local morrisons gets 1 delivery a fortnight and was worried they would run out, but we only had a few hours of panic buyers then it was over and no queues at garages....but i would guess in the middle of a big city in places like manchester, Birmingham and london its more like 2 a week or even 3 to one garage, so when every one that goes through out the week all pile in their local garage in a day or two to get a full tank + reserves when normally they might buy 10 - 20 pound every few days? they obviously wont have enough. but that is just my opinion, ive certainly had no issues on fuel or food since brexit. but i understand my area isnt the whole UK.
Panic fuel buying on 22:44 - Oct 3 with 565 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 22:26 - Oct 3 by Messysaints

to be honest, i would say its more that the south is more densly populated so less of every thing to go round, my local morrisons gets 1 delivery a fortnight and was worried they would run out, but we only had a few hours of panic buyers then it was over and no queues at garages....but i would guess in the middle of a big city in places like manchester, Birmingham and london its more like 2 a week or even 3 to one garage, so when every one that goes through out the week all pile in their local garage in a day or two to get a full tank + reserves when normally they might buy 10 - 20 pound every few days? they obviously wont have enough. but that is just my opinion, ive certainly had no issues on fuel or food since brexit. but i understand my area isnt the whole UK.

Where do you live? In west Dorset, which is also pretty sparsely populated, there have been plenty of shortages.

It's not that I don't think 'panic' buying contributes to shortages, of course it does (just like a run on a bank) it's just that I don't see how that could be the reason for this long. By definition 'panic' buying means unnecessarily purchasing petrol and people can't keep doing that forever. Their tanks don't get any bigger.

Panic fuel buying on 23:06 - Oct 3 with 549 viewsSadoldgit

I also live in an area that is sparsely populated but garages are still empty today.
Panic fuel buying on 23:15 - Oct 3 with 538 viewskernow

"Catch a journalist lying and look what happens to them."

Boris got outed for telling porkies at the Telegraph and he goes on to play at being PM.
I suppose that should be expected as he was only playing at being a journalist.
Panic fuel buying on 23:30 - Oct 3 with 525 viewsMessysaints

Panic fuel buying on 22:44 - Oct 3 by DorsetIan

Where do you live? In west Dorset, which is also pretty sparsely populated, there have been plenty of shortages.

It's not that I don't think 'panic' buying contributes to shortages, of course it does (just like a run on a bank) it's just that I don't see how that could be the reason for this long. By definition 'panic' buying means unnecessarily purchasing petrol and people can't keep doing that forever. Their tanks don't get any bigger.

Stoke, way up north, no shortages that i have seen, and only seen queues the day the news broke for a few hours at a few garages between 2 - 6 pm, afterwards its been back to normal and none ran out of fuel. i do know some places have issues though.
Panic fuel buying on 07:34 - Oct 4 with 459 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 23:30 - Oct 3 by Messysaints

Stoke, way up north, no shortages that i have seen, and only seen queues the day the news broke for a few hours at a few garages between 2 - 6 pm, afterwards its been back to normal and none ran out of fuel. i do know some places have issues though.

Yes, that’s what I’d expect if it were all down to panic buying - problems at the start which them disappeared quickly once the panic buyers had all filled up. From what you say though, it does sound like the supply problems are only/mainly in the south.

Or maybe southerners are a more panicky lot!

All the best. Interesting to hear your experiences up in the Arctic Circle!

Panic fuel buying on 09:40 - Oct 4 with 411 viewsSadoldgit

Toilet rolls, pasta, flour, fuel, what next? Turkeys I guess as the dreadful media have mentioned possible shortages. On the plus side each family only needs one Turkey each, unless the horders amongst us decide to stock up in advance for future Christmases.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 9:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024