Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panic fuel buying 13:02 - Sep 24 with 13095 viewsSadoldgit

So it’s started already. Queues at forecourts and some garages closing. If there is one way to guarantee panic buying it is to appeal for calm!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 13:47]
Panic fuel buying on 17:21 - Sep 27 with 1464 viewsHeisenberg

Panic fuel buying on 16:28 - Sep 27 by Bazza

Deliveries are being made all the time. Some garages are closed but some are open. Maybe you need to try again. Or are you happier just moaning about the government.

Where did I say I was trying to get fuel ? Merely observed they were all closed. And yes I will moan about the Govt. Its there job to try and sort out this mess. Blaming panic buyers isn’t good enough. When there is a potentially serious crisis I expect to hear any Govt outline it’s approach to dealing with it. It’s there job.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Panic fuel buying on 17:42 - Sep 27 with 1437 viewsBazza

Panic fuel buying on 17:21 - Sep 27 by Heisenberg

Where did I say I was trying to get fuel ? Merely observed they were all closed. And yes I will moan about the Govt. Its there job to try and sort out this mess. Blaming panic buyers isn’t good enough. When there is a potentially serious crisis I expect to hear any Govt outline it’s approach to dealing with it. It’s there job.

So you want a Nanny state. Really? Or perhaps you'd prefer people to behave responsibly and avoid further tax increases.
Panic fuel buying on 17:45 - Sep 27 with 1435 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 17:21 - Sep 27 by Heisenberg

I agree. I would encourage anybody who doesn’t like the government to complain about any news story linked with said government on this football forum. It can only be a good thing if more people take this approach.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Panic fuel buying on 18:22 - Sep 27 with 1402 views1885_SFC

Panic fuel buying on 17:10 - Sep 27 by saints__fan__73

Sounds the perfect solution. More petrol deliveries for cars and less busses on the road.

This.

The car is king... or at least mine is. Antique fairs & auction houses across the South of England that I visit all the time aren't served by buses... very few anyway. Not only that, but how am I going to lug large (sometimes heavy) items home on a stinking bus?

Buses are for really old people, drivers that have been banned through drink-driving, spotty college students, and life's losers.

Old School is Cool

Panic fuel buying on 18:42 - Sep 27 with 1387 viewscocklebreath

What a splendid late afternoon/evening, only one petrol station in Basingstoke has fuel and the queue was a mile long so I took the gamble of driving to fleet services in my van which had just under 1/4 tank left, got to station and they had just run out, just got home with about 40 miles less in the tank, working in Alresford tomorrow so that will be my diesel gone. Bunch of thick f£cknuggets

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Panic fuel buying on 14:30 - Sep 28 with 1231 viewsSadoldgit

Filled up today in a motorway service station. Well organised queueing system so wasn’t too much of a wait but was amazed to see the price when I had only been using the pump for a short while, then focussed on the price per litre - £1.50. Bloody rip off!
Panic fuel buying on 14:37 - Sep 28 with 1230 viewsSalisburySaint

Panic fuel buying on 14:30 - Sep 28 by Sadoldgit

Filled up today in a motorway service station. Well organised queueing system so wasn’t too much of a wait but was amazed to see the price when I had only been using the pump for a short while, then focussed on the price per litre - £1.50. Bloody rip off!

1 think it was more than that when i drove past Rownhams services at the weekend more like £1.70

Still no need to worry Grant Shapps says situation is stabilising.

Not sure if that is referring to the static queues of traffic trying to get in some of the 1/3 of garages still open with fuel or that the situation isn't getting any worse ?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 14:42]
Panic fuel buying on 17:11 - Sep 28 with 1168 viewsdirk_doone

So far, only non-league matches postponed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58712719?at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Panic fuel buying on 17:33 - Sep 28 with 1146 viewssaints__fan__73

Panic fuel buying on 17:11 - Sep 28 by dirk_doone

So far, only non-league matches postponed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58712719?at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at

The power of panic buying. Could be a new thing. What next, maybe Quavers?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Panic fuel buying on 21:04 - Sep 28 with 1067 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 14:37 - Sep 28 by SalisburySaint

1 think it was more than that when i drove past Rownhams services at the weekend more like £1.70

Still no need to worry Grant Shapps says situation is stabilising.

Not sure if that is referring to the static queues of traffic trying to get in some of the 1/3 of garages still open with fuel or that the situation isn't getting any worse ?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 14:42]

So I got a bargain then! £1.70? Bloody disgraceful.
Panic fuel buying on 11:08 - Sep 30 with 951 viewsdirk_doone

Nigel wants people to feel sorry for him

Mr Farage raged: "The Government tell us that the fuel crisis is easing.

I went to 7 petrol stations this morning and there was no fuel at any of them.

Was then hit by a van whilst stationary at a roundabout. Great start to the day!"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/nigel-farage-hit-by-a-van-at-a-roundabout-
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 11:38]

Panic fuel buying on 11:31 - Sep 30 with 929 viewsdirk_doone

Panic fuel buying on 16:31 - Sep 26 by Bazza

Plenty of fuel at my local Tesco but then I don't live in Outer Mongolia as a lot of you must do. Sheep

Could you let us know the post code of your local Tesco?

Panic fuel buying on 13:16 - Sep 30 with 861 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 11:08 - Sep 30 by dirk_doone

Nigel wants people to feel sorry for him

Mr Farage raged: "The Government tell us that the fuel crisis is easing.

I went to 7 petrol stations this morning and there was no fuel at any of them.

Was then hit by a van whilst stationary at a roundabout. Great start to the day!"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/nigel-farage-hit-by-a-van-at-a-roundabout-
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 11:38]

Did someone mention to Nigel that there are no fuel shortages in the EU? This story would be even sweeter if the van driver had been an Eastern European.
Panic fuel buying on 13:24 - Sep 30 with 850 viewsdarthvader

Panic fuel buying on 18:22 - Sep 27 by 1885_SFC

This.

The car is king... or at least mine is. Antique fairs & auction houses across the South of England that I visit all the time aren't served by buses... very few anyway. Not only that, but how am I going to lug large (sometimes heavy) items home on a stinking bus?

Buses are for really old people, drivers that have been banned through drink-driving, spotty college students, and life's losers.

And bus W@nkers ...teehee

keep the faith coyr

Panic fuel buying (n/t) on 14:10 - Sep 30 with 836 viewsSalisburySaint

Panic fuel buying on 13:16 - Sep 30 by Sadoldgit

Did someone mention to Nigel that there are no fuel shortages in the EU? This story would be even sweeter if the van driver had been an Eastern European.

Panic fuel buying (n/t) on 14:10 - Sep 30 with 836 viewsSalisburySaint

Panic fuel buying on 13:16 - Sep 30 by Sadoldgit

[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 14:11]
Panic fuel buying on 14:47 - Sep 30 with 822 viewssaints__fan__73

No queues at all today at our local petrol station which must mean one of two things:

1. The idiots have stopped panic buying as all of their vehicles and fuel receptacles are now full

or

2. Mean old nasty Brexit isn't being as mean and nasty as it was last week.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Panic fuel buying on 16:19 - Sep 30 with 804 viewsgrumpy

Panic fuel buying on 14:47 - Sep 30 by saints__fan__73

No queues at all today at our local petrol station which must mean one of two things:

1. The idiots have stopped panic buying as all of their vehicles and fuel receptacles are now full

or

Don’t worry Brexit has only just started.
Panic fuel buying on 16:40 - Sep 30 with 793 viewsSalisburySaint

Panic fuel buying on 14:47 - Sep 30 by saints__fan__73

or

Or

3 they still haven’t got any fuel so closed, which is the case with most petrol stations in Salisbury
Panic fuel buying on 17:21 - Sep 30 with 777 viewsBazza

Panic fuel buying on 16:19 - Sep 30 by grumpy

Don’t worry Brexit has only just started.

Plenty of driver shortages in EU, go on blame Farage/Boris.

Driver shortages in UK are due to massive DVLA backlog, civil servants still 'working' from home.
Panic fuel buying on 18:21 - Sep 30 with 759 viewsgrumpy

Panic fuel buying on 17:21 - Sep 30 by Bazza

Plenty of driver shortages in EU, go on blame Farage/Boris.

Driver shortages in UK are due to massive DVLA backlog, civil servants still 'working' from home.

More to it than a DVLA backlog, there’s been a problem with pay and conditions for drivers for a long time. The loss of EU drivers hasn’t helped,hence the government trying to employ EU drivers.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 18:53]
Panic fuel buying on 20:57 - Sep 30 with 715 viewssaint68

Media hysterics forced brain dead knobheads in their hundreds of thousands out in their cars to create a wholly avoidable situation..nothing more nothing less.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Panic fuel buying on 21:27 - Sep 30 with 691 views1885_SFC

Are we clapping the petrol station workers at 8pm tonight?

Old School is Cool

Panic fuel buying on 21:33 - Sep 30 with 688 viewsgrumpy

Panic fuel buying on 21:27 - Sep 30 by 1885_SFC

Are we clapping the petrol station workers at 8pm tonight?

Panic fuel buying on 21:50 - Sep 30 with 673 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 20:57 - Sep 30 by saint68

Media hysterics forced brain dead knobheads in their hundreds of thousands out in their cars to create a wholly avoidable situation..nothing more nothing less.

No one was forced to do anything. They chose to. Every media report I read or heard said there was plenty of fuel and there was no need to panic buy. A large section of the Great British public chose to panic buy. Probably the same idiots who still have dozens of rolls of loo roll from last year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024