Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panic fuel buying 13:02 - Sep 24 with 13157 viewsSadoldgit

So it’s started already. Queues at forecourts and some garages closing. If there is one way to guarantee panic buying it is to appeal for calm!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 13:47]
Panic fuel buying on 09:41 - Oct 4 with 1656 viewsSalisburySaint

Apparently there was panic buying of Alcohol in Putney early Saturday evening

I spotted a group of middle aged men, many of whom frequent this board, with bags stacked with bottles for the trip back to Southampton
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 9:43]
Panic fuel buying on 09:48 - Oct 4 with 1643 viewsSadoldgit

Sainsbury’s had their 6 or more bottles of wine for 25% off last week which prompted some panic buying in the SOG household.
Panic fuel buying on 12:03 - Oct 4 with 1566 viewssaints__fan__73

Laughable that the EU fundamentalists keep mentioning a 'food shortage' in the UK. If going into a supermarket and, possibly finding there are only 8 varieties of lasagne instead of the usual 10 counts as a food shortage I suggest they visit some countries where there actually IS a food shortage.....

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Panic fuel buying on 12:51 - Oct 4 with 1542 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 12:03 - Oct 4 by saints__fan__73

Laughable that the EU fundamentalists keep mentioning a 'food shortage' in the UK. If going into a supermarket and, possibly finding there are only 8 varieties of lasagne instead of the usual 10 counts as a food shortage I suggest they visit some countries where there actually IS a food shortage.....

That's what they used to say in East Germany. I'm all for an ascetic lifestyle, but no sure that the Tory Party and their capitalist friends have that sort of society in mind.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Panic fuel buying on 13:14 - Oct 4 with 1523 viewsMessysaints

Panic fuel buying on 12:51 - Oct 4 by DorsetIan

That's what they used to say in East Germany. I'm all for an ascetic lifestyle, but no sure that the Tory Party and their capitalist friends have that sort of society in mind.

i am sure no body in east germany gave a dam about not being able to buy only 6 brands on lasagne instad of 10 brands lasagne, back then, people knew how to cook real food so would just buy the stuff needed to make a lasagne instead of an EU horse meat filled lasagne.
Panic fuel buying on 13:24 - Oct 4 with 1501 viewsMessysaints

no one has said any thing about italys problems either... food shortages, fuel, rubbish collections.. all this and they are in the EU LOL.
Panic fuel buying on 14:18 - Oct 4 with 1462 viewsSadoldgit

Very funny, but we aren’t talking about lack of choice, we are talking about empty shelves.
Panic fuel buying on 15:25 - Oct 4 with 1426 viewssaints__fan__73

Panic fuel buying on 14:18 - Oct 4 by Sadoldgit

Very funny, but we aren’t talking about lack of choice, we are talking about empty shelves.

But where? I've only seen them on Twitter. I go to a supermarket a couple of times a week and have seen only a few items out of stock as has always been the case.

Also have a weekly on-line grocery delivery and a couple of substitutions is about as bad as it gets.

Where are these empty supermarkets where there is no food to buy?

Login to get fewer ads

Panic fuel buying on 15:34 - Oct 4 with 1421 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 15:25 - Oct 4 by saints__fan__73

But where? I've only seen them on Twitter. I go to a supermarket a couple of times a week and have seen only a few items out of stock as has always been the case.

Also have a weekly on-line grocery delivery and a couple of substitutions is about as bad as it gets.

Where are these empty supermarkets where there is no food to buy?

Did anyone say that the supermarkets are empty and that there is no food to buy? There are gaps on the shelves in my local Tescos and there have been for weeks but there is food. You said people were complaining that there weren’t enough different types of pasta which is something completely different. A couple of weeks ago the frozen food section in Tescos was pretty much empty. There are usually big gaps in the fruit and veg section. Someone I know has a flooring company and for the last few months he has struggled to get supplies of underlay. Not food granted but it is a sign of general problems in the goods supply chains.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 17:10]
Panic fuel buying on 17:02 - Oct 4 with 1378 viewsdwayne_dibley

is nobody giving a thought to the impact of supermarket shortages on the shoplifting gangs. They make a special effort to come here from eastern europe and warmer climates via very expensive boat cruises across the channel.

Having to search for things to steal could seriously impact their interviews to claim benefits and housing.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Panic fuel buying on 17:23 - Oct 4 with 1368 viewsBicester_North

Every country is suffering from supply chain issues after Covid. Most trades are feeling it. Automobiles, technology, construction. The world is struggling to meet post covid demand and raw material shortages due to huge amounts of buying in the far east and extreme weather impacting manufacturing aren’t helping.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Panic fuel buying on 18:00 - Oct 4 with 1342 viewsWints76

Panic fuel buying on 09:41 - Oct 4 by SalisburySaint

Apparently there was panic buying of Alcohol in Putney early Saturday evening

I spotted a group of middle aged men, many of whom frequent this board, with bags stacked with bottles for the trip back to Southampton
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 9:43]

To be fair, I also bought two bananas and a Twix.
Panic fuel buying on 19:49 - Oct 4 with 1277 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 18:00 - Oct 4 by Wints76

Panic buy?
Panic fuel buying on 22:01 - Oct 4 with 1204 viewsSalisburySaint

Panic fuel buying on 18:00 - Oct 4 by Wints76

[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 22:01]
Panic fuel buying on 22:25 - Oct 4 with 1183 viewsDorsetIan

I now understand that the pain of short term fuel, labour, food and materials shortages are simply the price we pay on the road to the high tech/high wage economy of the future, in which we are all lorry drivers and fruit pickers.

In the meantime, wouldn't some form of rationing be the fairest? It would stop the country being held to ransom by panic buying idiots and help to re-kindle the blitz spirit necessary to get us through the dark days ahead.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Panic fuel buying on 11:20 - Oct 5 with 1074 viewsSalisburySaint

getting in drivers from abroad going well, only 127 applied for Visas

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58800848
Panic fuel buying on 12:02 - Oct 5 with 1050 viewsgrumpy

Panic fuel buying on 11:20 - Oct 5 by SalisburySaint

Short term visas are not the answer.
Panic fuel buying on 12:17 - Oct 5 with 1041 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 11:20 - Oct 5 by SalisburySaint

They interviewed some HGV drivers from the EU the other night and they were saying why would they give up a steady job to come and work here for 3 months and then get kicked out again.
Panic fuel buying on 13:50 - Oct 21 with 836 viewssaints__fan__73

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58991951

Panic (buying) over.

It's almost as if this wasn't caused by us no longer being a member of the EU.

Panic fuel buying on 14:50 - Oct 21 with 794 viewssaint68

Panic fuel buying on 13:50 - Oct 21 by saints__fan__73

Panic (buying) over.

Completely created by ridiculous media coverage and as is the norm. Scaremongering.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Panic fuel buying on 19:41 - Oct 21 with 728 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 14:50 - Oct 21 by saint68

Completely created by ridiculous media coverage and as is the norm. Scaremongering.

There was no scaremongering. The media reports all said that there was no need to panic buy. It was caused by stupid, selfish idiots who don’t engage their brains when given simple information.
Panic fuel buying on 20:08 - Oct 21 with 709 viewssaint68

Panic fuel buying on 19:41 - Oct 21 by Sadoldgit

There was no scaremongering. The media reports all said that there was no need to panic buy. It was caused by stupid, selfish idiots who don’t engage their brains when given simple information.

Media created situation..nothing else..FACT

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Panic fuel buying on 22:08 - Oct 21 with 666 viewsdarthvader

Panic fuel buying on 13:14 - Oct 4 by Messysaints

i am sure no body in east germany gave a dam about not being able to buy only 6 brands on lasagne instad of 10 brands lasagne, back then, people knew how to cook real food so would just buy the stuff needed to make a lasagne instead of an EU horse meat filled lasagne.

Niegh

keep the faith coyr

Panic fuel buying on 06:43 - Oct 22 with 604 viewsSalisburySaint

Panic fuel buying on 13:50 - Oct 21 by saints__fan__73

Panic (buying) over.

I’m not sure if this was all fuelled by the petrol companies (pun intended)

Notice how much prices shot up during the crisis, but have stayed up, and rising more yesterday in Salisbury despite supplies being ok now
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 10:47]
Panic fuel buying on 10:31 - Oct 22 with 525 viewsdwayne_dibley

Panic fuel buying on 06:43 - Oct 22 by SalisburySaint

I’m not sure if this was all fuelled by the petrol companies (pun intended)

Notice how much prices shot up during the crisis, but have stayed up, and rising more yesterday in Salisbury despite supplies being ok now
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 10:47]

law of supply and demand.

The price goes up until punters stop buying

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024