Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panic fuel buying 13:02 - Sep 24 with 13092 viewsSadoldgit

So it’s started already. Queues at forecourts and some garages closing. If there is one way to guarantee panic buying it is to appeal for calm!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 13:47]
Panic fuel buying on 22:48 - Sep 30 with 1260 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 14:47 - Sep 30 by saints__fan__73

No queues at all today at our local petrol station which must mean one of two things:

1. The idiots have stopped panic buying as all of their vehicles and fuel receptacles are now full

or

2. Mean old nasty Brexit isn't being as mean and nasty as it was last week.

In my corner of Kent nothing has changed since last Friday - still long queues and many garages closed.
Panic fuel buying on 06:53 - Oct 1 with 1168 viewssolent_toffee

Panic fuel buying on 21:50 - Sep 30 by Sadoldgit

No one was forced to do anything. They chose to. Every media report I read or heard said there was plenty of fuel and there was no need to panic buy. A large section of the Great British public chose to panic buy. Probably the same idiots who still have dozens of rolls of loo roll from last year.

This all day long. You can bet your life on it if it was mentioned on the radio or on Twitter that there’s going to be a shortage of cranberry sauce at Christmas, by 12 o clock every supermarket in the country would be sold out of it.

There are some right thick, selfish, hysterical odd balls in this country.
Panic fuel buying on 08:55 - Oct 1 with 1118 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 06:53 - Oct 1 by solent_toffee

This all day long. You can bet your life on it if it was mentioned on the radio or on Twitter that there’s going to be a shortage of cranberry sauce at Christmas, by 12 o clock every supermarket in the country would be sold out of it.

There are some right thick, selfish, hysterical odd balls in this country.

It isn’t just the moronic and selfish panic buying when there is no need, some of these idiots think it is perfectly ok to abuse garage staff who are only doing their jobs. And these people get to vote.
Panic fuel buying on 09:24 - Oct 1 with 1114 viewssaints__fan__73

Panic fuel buying on 16:19 - Sep 30 by grumpy

Don’t worry Brexit has only just started.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-58743364

Bloody Brexit!!!!!

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Panic fuel buying on 13:44 - Oct 1 with 1059 viewsSadoldgit

Tried 5 garages this morning and not a drop of petrol to be found anywhere. In the process the fuel gauge is now in the red. Happy days!
Panic fuel buying on 15:37 - Oct 1 with 1046 viewsDorsetIan

This has been going on for a week now.

It might have been 'panic buying' on days 1 or 2, but now it's just buying - people wanting to drive their cars and not being able to do so. You only 'panic buy' in advance of an anticipated shortage.

The fact that this started with BP and Tesco reporting that some of their stations were running short, and it is now still going on, suggested to me that the shortages are real and not simply in the imaginations of an irresponsible media or morons behind the wheel.

Wife got some petrol yesterday after a long queue but there was no diesel at my local garage at lunchtime today.

Anyone know the recipe for turning chip fat into biodiesel?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Panic fuel buying on 17:13 - Oct 1 with 1001 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 15:37 - Oct 1 by DorsetIan

This has been going on for a week now.

It might have been 'panic buying' on days 1 or 2, but now it's just buying - people wanting to drive their cars and not being able to do so. You only 'panic buy' in advance of an anticipated shortage.

The fact that this started with BP and Tesco reporting that some of their stations were running short, and it is now still going on, suggested to me that the shortages are real and not simply in the imaginations of an irresponsible media or morons behind the wheel.

Wife got some petrol yesterday after a long queue but there was no diesel at my local garage at lunchtime today.

Anyone know the recipe for turning chip fat into biodiesel?

Yes, I’m sure nobody is topping up a tank that they wouldn’t normally top up.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Panic fuel buying on 19:08 - Oct 1 with 956 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 17:13 - Oct 1 by Bicester_North

Yes, I’m sure nobody is topping up a tank that they wouldn’t normally top up.

If you find somewhere with fuel, you're at the pump and you've got the funds, only a moron would not fill up while you can.

As for people going to top up who haven't got somewhere to go, I doubt that very much. What would be the point? An awful lot of unnecessary hassle when there's no sense that things are going to be any worse tomorrow - just the same as they are today.

I may go out looking for fuel later, but that's because I was very lucky last Saturday and I may not be as lucky tomorrow. Hardly panic buying.

Login to get fewer ads

Panic fuel buying on 19:13 - Oct 1 with 947 viewsDellHero_Would

“I may go out looking for fuel later, but that's because I was very lucky last Saturday and I may not be as lucky tomorrow. Hardly panic buying.”

That’s the spirit Ian

Poll: Wearing a mask

Panic fuel buying on 20:09 - Oct 1 with 928 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 19:08 - Oct 1 by DorsetIan

If you find somewhere with fuel, you're at the pump and you've got the funds, only a moron would not fill up while you can.

As for people going to top up who haven't got somewhere to go, I doubt that very much. What would be the point? An awful lot of unnecessary hassle when there's no sense that things are going to be any worse tomorrow - just the same as they are today.

I may go out looking for fuel later, but that's because I was very lucky last Saturday and I may not be as lucky tomorrow. Hardly panic buying.

Do you normally just find yourself at a pump filling up while you can then?

Most people I know go to the petrol station when they need petrol.

Panic fuel buying on 22:07 - Oct 1 with 882 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 20:09 - Oct 1 by Bicester_North

Do you normally just find yourself at a pump filling up while you can then?

Most people I know go to the petrol station when they need petrol.

What I meant (obviously) was that if you are getting petrol, you are going to fill up to the top. Or perhaps you just go for half full and give yourself another fun-filled search and queue in a day or so?

Funny that, the people going to the petrol stations now are the people who need petrol.

It's not panic buying any more, it's not enough fuel being delivered. 1 in 6 local stations had diesel this evening.

Panic fuel buying on 22:25 - Oct 1 with 869 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 22:07 - Oct 1 by DorsetIan

What I meant (obviously) was that if you are getting petrol, you are going to fill up to the top. Or perhaps you just go for half full and give yourself another fun-filled search and queue in a day or so?

Funny that, the people going to the petrol stations now are the people who need petrol.

It's not panic buying any more, it's not enough fuel being delivered. 1 in 6 local stations had diesel this evening.

Everyone’s got “somewhere to go”. Selfish c*ntflaps who have half a tank which can probably last them another week or more will be filling up whenever they get the opportunity, which means all this takes much longer to sort out.
If not, get the bus or the train. A vast number of the UK population are selfish spunk stains.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 22:25]

Panic fuel buying on 23:03 - Oct 1 with 851 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 22:25 - Oct 1 by Bicester_North

Everyone’s got “somewhere to go”. Selfish c*ntflaps who have half a tank which can probably last them another week or more will be filling up whenever they get the opportunity, which means all this takes much longer to sort out.
If not, get the bus or the train. A vast number of the UK population are selfish spunk stains.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 22:25]

This will be 'sorted out' when there are enough lorry drivers to delivery enough petrol.

Your capacity for misanthropy knows no bounds. Even if there are a handful of individuals who fill up their cars when they don't need to, how come there are still shortages? Surely when those individuals have filled up (which they would have done in the first couple of days, given how stupid and selfish they are) they won't need to go to the petrol station again for two weeks. What are they doing, syphoning all the petrol into milk bottles when they get home, so they can go out and get even more unneeded petrol at inflated prices.

Panic fuel buying on 23:09 - Oct 1 with 849 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 23:03 - Oct 1 by DorsetIan

This will be 'sorted out' when there are enough lorry drivers to delivery enough petrol.

Your capacity for misanthropy knows no bounds. Even if there are a handful of individuals who fill up their cars when they don't need to, how come there are still shortages? Surely when those individuals have filled up (which they would have done in the first couple of days, given how stupid and selfish they are) they won't need to go to the petrol station again for two weeks. What are they doing, syphoning all the petrol into milk bottles when they get home, so they can go out and get even more unneeded petrol at inflated prices.

Surely even you, a Dorset RE teacher, isn’t naive enough to believe people aren’t selfish and have changed their buying habits?

Keep it up Ian, you’re on the verge of one of those meltdowns again, when you know you’re talking bollox but you just can’t bring yourself to admit it.

Panic fuel buying on 23:50 - Oct 1 with 817 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 23:09 - Oct 1 by Bicester_North

Surely even you, a Dorset RE teacher, isn’t naive enough to believe people aren’t selfish and have changed their buying habits?

Keep it up Ian, you’re on the verge of one of those meltdowns again, when you know you’re talking bollox but you just can’t bring yourself to admit it.

Of course they've changed their buying habits. They can no longer buy petrol when they need it.

You are an absolute gift to incompetent and corrupt governments. They're never to blame. It's always the fault of stupid, feckless or selfish citizens.

Let's see how long they can keep filling up those milk bottles eh?

Panic fuel buying on 00:04 - Oct 2 with 813 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 23:50 - Oct 1 by DorsetIan

Of course they've changed their buying habits. They can no longer buy petrol when they need it.

You are an absolute gift to incompetent and corrupt governments. They're never to blame. It's always the fault of stupid, feckless or selfish citizens.

Let's see how long they can keep filling up those milk bottles eh?

Ah, so this crackpot denial that the British public contains many many self centred wronguns and scumbags is just so you can have yet another tedious moan about the government on this forum. What a shock.

Panic fuel buying on 00:16 - Oct 2 with 805 viewsSadoldgit

Just found out that our local Tescos are only selling fuel between 10pm and 7am. This is to prevent the queues stopping people shopping in the supermarket during the day. What is the world coming to?
Panic fuel buying on 00:33 - Oct 2 with 801 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 00:16 - Oct 2 by Sadoldgit

Just found out that our local Tescos are only selling fuel between 10pm and 7am. This is to prevent the queues stopping people shopping in the supermarket during the day. What is the world coming to?

Sadly it’ll probably get even crazier in the run up to Christmas. Expect to see videos of loons fighting each other in shops for the latest Xbox or loading 14 Christmas trees in the back of a Citroen Xsara
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 0:35]

Panic fuel buying on 02:15 - Oct 2 with 782 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 00:33 - Oct 2 by Bicester_North

Sadly it’ll probably get even crazier in the run up to Christmas. Expect to see videos of loons fighting each other in shops for the latest Xbox or loading 14 Christmas trees in the back of a Citroen Xsara
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 0:35]

You really don’t like people, do you.

Panic fuel buying on 07:06 - Oct 2 with 750 viewssaint68

Fuel sales are running at around 250/300% higher than usual per day..so that is simply panic buying...there were 10 BP garages across the nation that failed to get their twice weekly delivery's in time....so the media jumped all over it and created a tidal wave of idiots to jump in to their cars and hoover up every last drop across the country...yep definitely the government's fault... if you are fukin demented.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Panic fuel buying on 07:09 - Oct 2 with 747 viewssaint68

Panic fuel buying on 19:08 - Oct 1 by DorsetIan

This is pure gold🤣😄😂

Panic fuel buying on 13:31 - Oct 2 with 681 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 07:06 - Oct 2 by saint68

Fuel sales are running at around 250/300% higher than usual per day..so that is simply panic buying...there were 10 BP garages across the nation that failed to get their twice weekly delivery's in time....so the media jumped all over it and created a tidal wave of idiots to jump in to their cars and hoover up every last drop across the country...yep definitely the government's fault... if you are fukin demented.

Yet again you blame the media when all they did was report what was actually happening. Not one report that I heard said anything about shortages and the need to panic. I know you like a good conspiracy but this is all down to the stupidity of a large proportion of the population here.
Panic fuel buying on 14:22 - Oct 2 with 661 viewssaint68

Panic fuel buying on 13:31 - Oct 2 by Sadoldgit

Yet again you blame the media when all they did was report what was actually happening. Not one report that I heard said anything about shortages and the need to panic. I know you like a good conspiracy but this is all down to the stupidity of a large proportion of the population here.

They created the whole situation..to argue not is ridiculous..

No coverage =no panic.. simple as that.

Panic fuel buying on 15:40 - Oct 2 with 636 viewsButty101

Panic fuel buying on 14:22 - Oct 2 by saint68

They created the whole situation..to argue not is ridiculous..

No coverage =no panic.. simple as that.

There’s no point trying to argue either that dense old git. He will never admit he’s wrong even when you hit him with hard facts.

Plenty of fuel where I am

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Panic fuel buying on 16:13 - Oct 2 with 626 viewsbarry_sanchez

The North has been ok pretty much for the last few days, the South East is still short, could have put money on it turning out that way.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024