Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panic fuel buying 13:02 - Sep 24 with 13093 viewsSadoldgit

So it’s started already. Queues at forecourts and some garages closing. If there is one way to guarantee panic buying it is to appeal for calm!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 13:47]
Panic fuel buying on 15:37 - Sep 25 with 1318 viewskentsouthampton

Panic fuel buying on 14:30 - Sep 25 by Bazza

Can’t be Germany they have a severe shortage of drivers. Maybe Lichtenstein or Monaco could help 😬

Yet they have no food or fuel shortages, funny that.
Every paper in Europe is taking the piss out of us right now.
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/brexit-eu-europe-newspapers-uk-shortages-
Panic fuel buying on 16:53 - Sep 25 with 1265 viewsTripleNiemi

Panic fuel buying on 15:37 - Sep 25 by kentsouthampton

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/brexit-eu-europe-newspapers-uk-shortages-

Forgive me, but so far as i know there is no fuel shortage......no????

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Panic fuel buying on 17:06 - Sep 25 with 1250 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 15:37 - Sep 25 by kentsouthampton

Skate bore, there’s only one Nigel Adkins

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Panic fuel buying on 17:17 - Sep 25 with 1232 viewsButty101

Panic fuel buying on 13:45 - Sep 25 by Bison

I work on IBM Mainframe computer systems and we have a similar problem , however I do not blame the government for that. Is every decision in your life 50/50 ie its the governments fault or its despite the government ? Heads I win tails you lose.

It’s the governments fault that he has no teeth.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Panic fuel buying on 18:09 - Sep 25 with 1201 viewsSadoldgit

When I worked in management we were told to constantly plan ahead and make sure that we nipped any possible forthcoming problems in the bud. We have been told that this driver shortage has been identified a while back and hasn’t just come as a surprise. That being the case you have to ask yourself why haven’t the people responsible taken earlier action to ensure that we didn’t end up having to fire fight. Those of us who call this government out for being incompetent get a lot of grief, but perhaps now detractors can see why? It simply isn’t good enough to claim that Labour would be worse. It’s actually hard to imagine how anyone can be worse than this lot.
Panic fuel buying on 18:17 - Sep 25 with 1191 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 18:09 - Sep 25 by Sadoldgit

When I worked in management we were told to constantly plan ahead and make sure that we nipped any possible forthcoming problems in the bud. We have been told that this driver shortage has been identified a while back and hasn’t just come as a surprise. That being the case you have to ask yourself why haven’t the people responsible taken earlier action to ensure that we didn’t end up having to fire fight. Those of us who call this government out for being incompetent get a lot of grief, but perhaps now detractors can see why? It simply isn’t good enough to claim that Labour would be worse. It’s actually hard to imagine how anyone can be worse than this lot.

To be fair to them on this one, it is hard for them to plan ahead to deal with problems when their entire political project is built on the lie that there are no problems, there will be no problems, and if any do appear, they are someone else’s fault.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Panic fuel buying on 18:56 - Sep 25 with 1173 viewskernow

Panic fuel buying on 18:17 - Sep 25 by DorsetIan

To be fair to them on this one, it is hard for them to plan ahead to deal with problems when their entire political project is built on the lie that there are no problems, there will be no problems, and if any do appear, they are someone else’s fault.

Bumps in the road, chap.
Panic fuel buying on 19:15 - Sep 25 with 1160 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 18:56 - Sep 25 by kernow

Bumps in the road, chap.

Exactly. Important to stay ‘on message’.

Login to get fewer ads

Panic fuel buying on 19:32 - Sep 25 with 1140 viewsNumber_58

There was nobody at all queuing at my local petrol station today. What is wrong with people?
Panic fuel buying on 21:51 - Sep 25 with 1078 viewsBazza

Panic fuel buying on 19:32 - Sep 25 by Number_58

There was nobody at all queuing at my local petrol station today. What is wrong with people?

Few days in Kent, every petrol station with queues all day literally, in several cases holding up normal flows. Could anyone have forecast this level of panic ?
Panic fuel buying on 23:40 - Sep 25 with 1037 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 21:51 - Sep 25 by Bazza

Few days in Kent, every petrol station with queues all day literally, in several cases holding up normal flows. Could anyone have forecast this level of panic ?

As soon as the govt said ‚don’t panic‘, it was pretty inevitable.

And people aren’t dumb. They’ve seen the empty supermarket shelves.

Panic fuel buying on 00:22 - Sep 26 with 1022 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 23:40 - Sep 25 by DorsetIan

People aren’t dumb?

Panic fuel buying on 00:44 - Sep 26 with 1012 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Don't be silly. People ARE dumb. The BBC report that 6 stations have shut with no delivery of fuel, then this turns into a "fuel shortage" and people start panic filling/buying.

It happens every time. Remember the very early 2000s when fuel prices went through the roof. BBC reported some crap around this and all the braindead flocked to petrol stations.

The media are prats but the public are bigger prats.

Today my wife said "I need to take our son swimming on Weds and I have no fuel". My response was "I have loads, use my car".

It's not difficult. F**k panic buying and f**k the BBC for propagating it.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Panic fuel buying on 01:05 - Sep 26 with 999 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 00:44 - Sep 26 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Don't be silly. People ARE dumb. The BBC report that 6 stations have shut with no delivery of fuel, then this turns into a "fuel shortage" and people start panic filling/buying.

It happens every time. Remember the very early 2000s when fuel prices went through the roof. BBC reported some crap around this and all the braindead flocked to petrol stations.

The media are prats but the public are bigger prats.

Today my wife said "I need to take our son swimming on Weds and I have no fuel". My response was "I have loads, use my car".

It's not difficult. F**k panic buying and f**k the BBC for propagating it.

The idea that there might be fuel shortages is not irrational. BP and Tesco both announced petrol station shortages due to driver shortages. People know from the evidence of their own eyes what the supermarket shelves look like. And then the govt shouts ‚don’t panic‘ so people know that others will now panic, and then they see the queues, so they get in the queue too.

I’ve got just over half a tank to get me to Saints and back tomorrow. I’m hoping to top up along the way but let’s see, maybe I’m the dumb one for not getting in the queue today.

Tony Blairs Chief of staff said the only time his first govt was in serious bother was over those petrol station queues in the early 2000s. They saw the damage being done and reversed the policy sharpish (fuel duty wasn’t it?). Solving this driver shortage issue is not going to be so easy for Johnson. The fact that he‘s already caved on the immigration side of things tells you how worried he is.

Panic fuel buying on 01:16 - Sep 26 with 995 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 01:05 - Sep 26 by DorsetIan

The idea that there might be fuel shortages is not irrational. BP and Tesco both announced petrol station shortages due to driver shortages. People know from the evidence of their own eyes what the supermarket shelves look like. And then the govt shouts ‚don’t panic‘ so people know that others will now panic, and then they see the queues, so they get in the queue too.

I’ve got just over half a tank to get me to Saints and back tomorrow. I’m hoping to top up along the way but let’s see, maybe I’m the dumb one for not getting in the queue today.

Tony Blairs Chief of staff said the only time his first govt was in serious bother was over those petrol station queues in the early 2000s. They saw the damage being done and reversed the policy sharpish (fuel duty wasn’t it?). Solving this driver shortage issue is not going to be so easy for Johnson. The fact that he‘s already caved on the immigration side of things tells you how worried he is.

So these clever people need to be told not to panic by the government and then decide to panic? What are you on about?
These are the same shit thick peckers who cleared the bogroll out last March, there are millions of them.
How about get the train to football if you’re concerned?
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 1:16]

Panic fuel buying on 01:24 - Sep 26 with 992 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 01:16 - Sep 26 by Bicester_North

So these clever people need to be told not to panic by the government and then decide to panic? What are you on about?
These are the same shit thick peckers who cleared the bogroll out last March, there are millions of them.
How about get the train to football if you’re concerned?
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 1:16]

Any govt saying ‚don’t panic‘ is stupid, but even more so for a govt that everyone knows lies about anything connected with bad news.

Train‘s an option, yes, but car is much quicker. Especially coming back, and particularly on a Sunday.

Panic fuel buying on 01:28 - Sep 26 with 990 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 01:24 - Sep 26 by DorsetIan

Any govt saying ‚don’t panic‘ is stupid, but even more so for a govt that everyone knows lies about anything connected with bad news.

Train‘s an option, yes, but car is much quicker. Especially coming back, and particularly on a Sunday.

If you’re in the government and you are approached for comment, would you advise against panicking, or advise everyone to panic as much as possible?

Panic fuel buying on 08:46 - Sep 26 with 909 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 01:28 - Sep 26 by Bicester_North

If you’re in the government and you are approached for comment, would you advise against panicking, or advise everyone to panic as much as possible?

I see, because it’s obligatory that politicians give a yes and no answer...

Panic fuel buying on 09:13 - Sep 26 with 889 viewskentsouthampton

Panic fuel buying on 07:35 - Sep 25 by SalisburySaint

Standard Tory supporting b*llox, the alternative would have been worse, without any proof

I think there are loads of voters in this country who currently regret voting the way they did in last election

Many of the things they were promised have not materialised, eg. Brexit has not stopped immigration, and governments lack of action on so many issues is a joke, seemingly hoping that problems will just go away

Issues with HGV drivers have been known for months, as has knowledge of gas price rises, but all ignored by the government

It's been known about since 2014. That's when the RHA first brought it to the governments' attention, they've done nothing.
Panic fuel buying on 09:14 - Sep 26 with 888 viewskentsouthampton

They knew they were lying, it's not rocket science they lie about everything.
Panic fuel buying on 09:38 - Sep 26 with 866 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 09:14 - Sep 26 by kentsouthampton

They knew they were lying, it's not rocket science they lie about everything.

Being so angry every day at your age is bad for your health. Nearly as bad as a filthy kitchen.

Panic fuel buying on 11:17 - Sep 26 with 816 viewsJellybaby

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/bbc-breakfast-presenter-phil-mcca

The BBC are scarcely trying to hide their utter contempt for the British people sending "Phil McCann" to cover the story!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Panic fuel buying on 16:31 - Sep 26 with 717 viewsBazza

Plenty of fuel at my local Tesco but then I don't live in Outer Mongolia as a lot of you must do. Sheep
Panic fuel buying on 18:36 - Sep 26 with 671 viewsUlsterBaz

The Swaythling Road was blocked in both directions early this morning with cars queuing to get into the Applegreen Service Station. It’s absolutely ridiculous. What is wrong with people?
Panic fuel buying on 18:48 - Sep 26 with 664 viewsDorsetIan

Readers will be pleased to hear that after finding the first two petrol stations completely petrol free this morning, I rolled into the third, straight onto a pump and filled up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024