Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panic fuel buying 13:02 - Sep 24 with 13162 viewsSadoldgit

So it’s started already. Queues at forecourts and some garages closing. If there is one way to guarantee panic buying it is to appeal for calm!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 13:47]
Panic fuel buying on 10:33 - Oct 22 with 512 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 20:08 - Oct 21 by saint68

Media created situation..nothing else..FACT

When people write FACT in capitals you can be pretty sure that it is anything but, especially when written by someone who believes the recent Covid pandemic is nothing but a conspiracy theory. Feel free to provide written evidence where the media said that we all had to go out and fill up our cars and Jerry cans immediately. Every single media report I heard and read said that there was plenty of fuel and no need to panic buy. It takes a massive leap of disbelief to turn that into something that says go and fill up your tanks immediately because there is a fuel shortage. Funny that since people have stopped panic buying that things have gone back to normal. Seems to indicate if they had heeded what was said in the media in first place there wouldn’t have been a problem. But you carry on believing that this is all some kind of game played by those seeking to control us.
Panic fuel buying on 10:35 - Oct 22 with 511 viewssaint68

Panic fuel buying on 10:33 - Oct 22 by Sadoldgit

When people write FACT in capitals you can be pretty sure that it is anything but, especially when written by someone who believes the recent Covid pandemic is nothing but a conspiracy theory. Feel free to provide written evidence where the media said that we all had to go out and fill up our cars and Jerry cans immediately. Every single media report I heard and read said that there was plenty of fuel and no need to panic buy. It takes a massive leap of disbelief to turn that into something that says go and fill up your tanks immediately because there is a fuel shortage. Funny that since people have stopped panic buying that things have gone back to normal. Seems to indicate if they had heeded what was said in the media in first place there wouldn’t have been a problem. But you carry on believing that this is all some kind of game played by those seeking to control us.

You aren't at all naive, just pedantic and looking for confrontation in every single thread....

It's quite simple really...no coverage..no issue....simple as that.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Panic fuel buying on 11:04 - Oct 22 with 483 viewssaints__fan__73

Panic fuel buying on 10:33 - Oct 22 by Sadoldgit

Eh? What are you on about?!

The media got hold of a story from an internal BP meeting where they discussed they might to have to close around 10 petrol stations across the UK for a short time to due supply issues.

This was reported by the media which drew the public into mass panic to such an extent that demand for petrol rose 500% in 24 hours which then meant there were supply issues at all petrol stations. The fact that it was then being reported that petrol companies were saying this was originally only affecting a small number of petrol stations made no difference, the damage had already been done. Panic had already set in.

This was 100% caused by public over-reaction.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Panic fuel buying on 11:32 - Oct 22 with 462 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 11:04 - Oct 22 by saints__fan__73

Eh? What are you on about?!

The media got hold of a story from an internal BP meeting where they discussed they might to have to close around 10 petrol stations across the UK for a short time to due supply issues.

This was reported by the media which drew the public into mass panic to such an extent that demand for petrol rose 500% in 24 hours which then meant there were supply issues at all petrol stations. The fact that it was then being reported that petrol companies were saying this was originally only affecting a small number of petrol stations made no difference, the damage had already been done. Panic had already set in.

This was 100% caused by public over-reaction.

Which is exactly what I am saying. The public over reacted. Why is that the fault of the media? They were only doing their job. Who in their right mind hears that a few garages have closed but there is no shortage and nothing to worry about and then immediately jumps into their car and goes in search of petrol?
Panic fuel buying on 11:39 - Oct 22 with 447 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 10:35 - Oct 22 by saint68

You aren't at all naive, just pedantic and looking for confrontation in every single thread....

It's quite simple really...no coverage..no issue....simple as that.

Pot, kettle, black.
So the media should stop covering news stories for fear of causing panic buying. Remind me again where they were responsible for the panic buying of toilet rolls? I seem to remember they only reported on that after it happened. I don’t know one single person who saw the same media reports that I did and felt the need to rush out and fill up with petrol on the Friday morning when it all kicked off. But you carry on blaming the media rather than selfish and stupid individuals.
Panic fuel buying on 11:41 - Oct 22 with 447 viewssaints__fan__73

Panic fuel buying on 11:32 - Oct 22 by Sadoldgit

Which is exactly what I am saying. The public over reacted. Why is that the fault of the media? They were only doing their job. Who in their right mind hears that a few garages have closed but there is no shortage and nothing to worry about and then immediately jumps into their car and goes in search of petrol?

Because the public ALWAYS over reacts. It's not a new thing. It was a ludicrous 'exclusive' which was pointless and they knew exactly what would happen.

"Who in their right mind hears that a few garages have closed but there is no shortage and nothing to worry about and then immediately jumps into their car and goes in search of petrol?"

Well demonstrably most of the population of the UK.

Panic fuel buying on 11:41 - Oct 22 with 444 viewsDellHero_Would

Panic fuel buying on 11:32 - Oct 22 by Sadoldgit

Your mate in Dorset did Sopps...Poor bloke spent a week shaking like a shîtting dog while driving around what is the Brexit wasteland of Dorset.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Panic fuel buying on 11:56 - Oct 22 with 428 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 11:41 - Oct 22 by saints__fan__73

Because the public ALWAYS over reacts. It's not a new thing. It was a ludicrous 'exclusive' which was pointless and they knew exactly what would happen.

"Who in their right mind hears that a few garages have closed but there is no shortage and nothing to worry about and then immediately jumps into their car and goes in search of petrol?"

Well demonstrably most of the population of the UK.

So news editors got together and decided that they would deliberately cause a fuel buying panic?
Login to get fewer ads

Panic fuel buying on 11:57 - Oct 22 with 424 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 11:41 - Oct 22 by DellHero_Would

Your mate in Dorset did Sopps...Poor bloke spent a week shaking like a shîtting dog while driving around what is the Brexit wasteland of Dorset.

It's almost as if none of the petrol stations were ever closed, and people didn't have work (or in my case a game) to get to.

It's utter tosh that this was all caused by panic and/or the media. I could have bought that if it had lasted a few days. It went on for weeks, even after the jerry can brigade had all filled up everything they had.

It was caused by there not being enough drivers to get sufficient fuel to the petrol stations. The fact that the army had to be called in was a bit of a clue.

All the labour shortages elsewhere are probably a myth too, I expect.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Panic fuel buying on 11:58 - Oct 22 with 422 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 11:41 - Oct 22 by DellHero_Would

We all ended up driving around looking for fuel after a number of selfish idiots cleared out the normal stocks.
Panic fuel buying on 12:07 - Oct 22 with 415 viewsdwayne_dibley

the Road Haulage Association had their finger in that pie. Pay rises for tanker drivers!

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Panic fuel buying on 12:15 - Oct 22 with 409 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 11:58 - Oct 22 by Sadoldgit

We all ended up driving around looking for fuel after a number of selfish idiots cleared out the normal stocks.

First couple of day, yes. Not beyond that - there are only so many idiots and they only have so many containers.

The driver shortages meant that the increased (panic) demand could not be managed and the problem nipped in the bud, so the thing just continued/escalated.

How many weeks later are we and we're only now being told that stocks are back to where they should be.

Panic fuel buying on 12:25 - Oct 22 with 406 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 12:07 - Oct 22 by dwayne_dibley

the Road Haulage Association had their finger in that pie. Pay rises for tanker drivers!

It certainly did the trick!
Panic fuel buying on 12:26 - Oct 22 with 406 viewssaint68

It wasn't ever an issue until the Media jumped all over it ..that is undeniable..unless of course you're a little bit dim.

Panic fuel buying on 12:37 - Oct 22 with 396 viewsdwayne_dibley

Panic fuel buying on 12:26 - Oct 22 by saint68

It wasn't ever an issue until the Media jumped all over it ..that is undeniable..unless of course you're a little bit dim.

but that is how they make money, and the public pays

we get the press and MPs we deserve

Panic fuel buying on 12:40 - Oct 22 with 393 viewssaints__fan__73

Panic fuel buying on 11:56 - Oct 22 by Sadoldgit

So news editors got together and decided that they would deliberately cause a fuel buying panic?

Where did I say that?

Panic fuel buying on 13:04 - Oct 22 with 378 viewsDorsetIan

If only Dune was still here. He could put us all right.

He's had a good couple of years - first with his tales of Furlough excess and now with his rates being upped. He'll be singled handedly keeping the economy of Rutland afloat (but not the Chinese takeaways).

Panic fuel buying on 13:10 - Oct 22 with 373 views1885_SFC

Panic fuel buying on 13:04 - Oct 22 by DorsetIan

If only Dune was still here. He could put us all right.

He's had a good couple of years - first with his tales of Furlough excess and now with his rates being upped. He'll be singled handedly keeping the economy of Rutland afloat (but not the Chinese takeaways).

My bet is that he's jumped ship from delivering brand new cars (which isn't happening at the moment with the semiconductor shortage) to delivering much-needed food supplies...or he's upped his game even further and is right now behind the wheel of a Esso tanker. He was always a smart cookie was Dune.

Old School is Cool

Panic fuel buying on 13:55 - Oct 22 with 344 viewskernow

Panic fuel buying on 13:10 - Oct 22 by 1885_SFC

My bet is that he's jumped ship from delivering brand new cars (which isn't happening at the moment with the semiconductor shortage) to delivering much-needed food supplies...or he's upped his game even further and is right now behind the wheel of a Esso tanker. He was always a smart cookie was Dune.

Funny that. I always thought of him as more of a donut.
Panic fuel buying on 15:53 - Oct 22 with 312 viewsdwayne_dibley

Panic fuel buying on 13:55 - Oct 22 by kernow

Funny that. I always thought of him as more of a donut.

what flavour? or does it have a black hole in the centre

Panic fuel buying on 15:54 - Oct 22 with 310 viewssaint68

Panic fuel buying on 15:53 - Oct 22 by dwayne_dibley

what flavour? or does it have a black hole in the centre

Dune was definitely Marmite..I like Marmite

Panic fuel buying on 16:18 - Oct 22 with 303 viewsBicester_North

Panic fuel buying on 12:15 - Oct 22 by DorsetIan

First couple of day, yes. Not beyond that - there are only so many idiots and they only have so many containers.

The driver shortages meant that the increased (panic) demand could not be managed and the problem nipped in the bud, so the thing just continued/escalated.

How many weeks later are we and we're only now being told that stocks are back to where they should be.

F*cking hell you were one of them that carried on panicking after about a week if I recall.

It only takes a few days of cretinous stampeding handjobs to drain the supplies, then suppliers will take weeks to catch up. That’s how panic buying works.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Panic fuel buying on 16:37 - Oct 22 with 295 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 16:18 - Oct 22 by Bicester_North

F*cking hell you were one of them that carried on panicking after about a week if I recall.

It only takes a few days of cretinous stampeding handjobs to drain the supplies, then suppliers will take weeks to catch up. That’s how panic buying works.

When you say 'panic buying' can I just check that you mean trying to fill up my car prior to a long journey and finding 80% of the garages empty - that sort of panicking?

If you mean that sort of panic buying then, yes, of course the whole thing was panic buying at every stage.

If there had been enough drivers, it wouldn't have taken weeks to catch up and the army wouldn't have needed to help.

Panic fuel buying on 16:49 - Oct 22 with 286 viewssaint68

Panic fuel buying on 16:37 - Oct 22 by DorsetIan

When you say 'panic buying' can I just check that you mean trying to fill up my car prior to a long journey and finding 80% of the garages empty - that sort of panicking?

If you mean that sort of panic buying then, yes, of course the whole thing was panic buying at every stage.

If there had been enough drivers, it wouldn't have taken weeks to catch up and the army wouldn't have needed to help.

Wow !!

Wipe them bubbles away babes.. starting to sound even more deluded than usual.

Panic fuel buying on 16:50 - Oct 22 with 286 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 12:40 - Oct 22 by saints__fan__73

Where did I say that?

You said it was pointless and that they knew what would happen which seems to suggest that they deliberately decided to cause a fuel buying panic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024