Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Omicron Varient 13:04 - Nov 28 with 6488 viewsSadoldgit

In the hope of a less conspiracy theory based discussion on this thread, although I was very critical about the government being slow to react to the initial outbreak, the sudden speed of activity seems very out of character and worrying. Whilst telling us that tests are ongoing, I do wonder why they are so concerned at this point. Do they know more than they are telling us?

(Oh no, I have just entered the conspiracy theory world myself!! 🤪😖😩)
The Omicron Varient on 21:56 - Dec 3 with 818 viewssaint68

The sadest result of all of this covid period is grown men willfully stating that unvaccinated people should be banned from NHS care....thats the sort of shit you'd expect from Nazi high command..the aloofness and prejudice is frightening....I expect you lot would have no issue with a family of unvaccinated being taken out by a fully vaccinated driver in an RTA, and the ambulance crew saying "sorry you're not at fault for the accident, but we must treat the vaccinated driver first...seriously!! Have a word with yourselves!!

Oh and drop your pathetic notions that you don't spread the virus...thats absolutely farcical..about time you woke up and got a grip of reality...fukin pompous self serving factually incorrect coonts.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

The Omicron Varient on 23:40 - Dec 3 with 775 viewsdarthvader

The Omicron Varient on 21:15 - Nov 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Christ. This thread.

Jesus . Its on the road to being a thirtypluserer

keep the faith coyr

The Omicron Varient on 00:55 - Dec 4 with 755 viewsDorsetIan

The Omicron Varient on 21:56 - Dec 3 by saint68

The sadest result of all of this covid period is grown men willfully stating that unvaccinated people should be banned from NHS care....thats the sort of shit you'd expect from Nazi high command..the aloofness and prejudice is frightening....I expect you lot would have no issue with a family of unvaccinated being taken out by a fully vaccinated driver in an RTA, and the ambulance crew saying "sorry you're not at fault for the accident, but we must treat the vaccinated driver first...seriously!! Have a word with yourselves!!

Oh and drop your pathetic notions that you don't spread the virus...thats absolutely farcical..about time you woke up and got a grip of reality...fukin pompous self serving factually incorrect coonts.

Oh dear, a Nazi reference. Schoolboy error.

That’s game over for you 68. You were doing so well, but rules are rules. TKO.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

The Omicron Varient on 07:29 - Dec 4 with 710 viewsBerber

The Omicron Varient on 17:52 - Dec 2 by GasGiant

That is not the same issue - I'd accept it in a different context but it is not relevant to this vaccination programme. There is little sense in taking one eminent viewpoint unless it represents the consensus of the virology and immunology sectors, which it doesn't. It is a minority view. There is little point either of us playing happy families with eminent physicians unknown to either of us and never referenced in the past so there is no benefit in rushing to google up yet other references unless they are germane to the specific conspiracy theories you have touted previously. Asthma is clearly outside of Covid and its vaccine programme.

Tossing in tangiential issues is a recurring theme of the antivaxers when they are sinking in an argument (which is a bit "playground"). They seem unable or unwilling to differentiate what is pertinent and what is not, and definitely unable or unwilling to keep up with evolving knowledge, unless it panders to their preconceptions. But that is a fault of zealots of all colours. It seems that winning the argument is all that matters, and if they cannot, then we are "coonts." or sheep.

Sad really.
The Omicron Varient on 09:47 - Dec 4 with 682 viewssaint68

The Omicron Varient on 07:29 - Dec 4 by Berber

Tossing in tangiential issues is a recurring theme of the antivaxers when they are sinking in an argument (which is a bit "playground"). They seem unable or unwilling to differentiate what is pertinent and what is not, and definitely unable or unwilling to keep up with evolving knowledge, unless it panders to their preconceptions. But that is a fault of zealots of all colours. It seems that winning the argument is all that matters, and if they cannot, then we are "coonts." or sheep.

Sad really.

Posting about statistics then not being able to produce them is pretty poor too isn't it, although its not quite a fortnight..so maybe you're still scrolling through different sites to back up your claims.

Emergency use is not fully approved in any language..its actually a live trial without the usual checks and balances..therefore it's experimental currently.. not too hard to digest really.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 9:54]

The Omicron Varient on 09:57 - Dec 4 with 680 viewsDorsetIan

The Omicron Varient on 07:29 - Dec 4 by Berber

Sad really.

This.

And referring to it as an ‘experimental’ vaccine is simply propaganda designed to suggest (a) that there has been no rigorous testing and approval process (which is not true) and (b) that we are being experimented upon (which is ridiculous).

Nothing 68 writes is objective. There is always a motive behind it.

The Omicron Varient on 10:11 - Dec 4 with 667 viewssaint68

The Omicron Varient on 09:57 - Dec 4 by DorsetIan

This.

And referring to it as an ‘experimental’ vaccine is simply propaganda designed to suggest (a) that there has been no rigorous testing and approval process (which is not true) and (b) that we are being experimented upon (which is ridiculous).

Nothing 68 writes is objective. There is always a motive behind it.

You're participating in a volunteer trial..there isn't any full licensing for these vaccines...the vaccine companies also have clauses that make them unliable for any harm or future issues from the jabs...so yes Ian..you're being experimented on..

The Omicron Varient on 12:58 - Dec 4 with 650 viewsDorsetIan

The Omicron Varient on 10:11 - Dec 4 by saint68

You're participating in a volunteer trial..there isn't any full licensing for these vaccines...the vaccine companies also have clauses that make them unliable for any harm or future issues from the jabs...so yes Ian..you're being experimented on..

As I was saying….

Login to get fewer ads

The Omicron Varient on 11:23 - Dec 6 with 557 viewsSadoldgit

So nothing to worry about then 🙄

https://digitaleditions.telegraph.co.uk/data/808/reader/reader.html?social#!pref
The Omicron Varient on 12:56 - Dec 6 with 536 viewsfranniesTache

The Omicron Varient on 11:23 - Dec 6 by Sadoldgit

So nothing to worry about then 🙄

https://digitaleditions.telegraph.co.uk/data/808/reader/reader.html?social#!pref

This really isn't a surprise as someone who's other half has been living with long covid for 18months now one of the things she was told by the drs who did a spate of medical trials - including bloods, MRI's etc. - on her it's that she's exceptionally lucky not to have any organ damage, since long term organ damage is hugely common in people who have had even "mild" cases of Covid.

And for those here who think "they're healthy so it's ok", well she didn't drink, didn't smoke, is a vegetarian and cycled close 18miles a day to get to work.

The truth is being unvaccinated leaves you susceptible to long covid, and whilst long covid might not kill you, or even put you in hospital, at the time of infection, it can dramatically damage your life, the quality of your health, and your ability to work.

But yeah i'm sure it doesn't exist and there's no reason to take a vaccine right...
The Omicron Varient on 14:03 - Dec 6 with 505 views1885_SFC

The Omicron Varient on 12:56 - Dec 6 by franniesTache

This really isn't a surprise as someone who's other half has been living with long covid for 18months now one of the things she was told by the drs who did a spate of medical trials - including bloods, MRI's etc. - on her it's that she's exceptionally lucky not to have any organ damage, since long term organ damage is hugely common in people who have had even "mild" cases of Covid.

And for those here who think "they're healthy so it's ok", well she didn't drink, didn't smoke, is a vegetarian and cycled close 18miles a day to get to work.

The truth is being unvaccinated leaves you susceptible to long covid, and whilst long covid might not kill you, or even put you in hospital, at the time of infection, it can dramatically damage your life, the quality of your health, and your ability to work.

But yeah i'm sure it doesn't exist and there's no reason to take a vaccine right...

Good post FT. Best wishes to your missus.

The truth is no one, not even the so-called medical experts, know about the long term effects because the virus has only been around for a very short while. Some will be okay & others will suffer for the rest of their lives. That's what viruses do. I had polio when I was 6-months old and when I see old footage of people on 'iron lungs', I realise how lucky I was to just get away with a gammy leg and hips.

I'm nowhere near as fit & healthy as your missus FT and I know getting Covid would (probably/possibly) finish me off - hence having had both jabs and the booster. Each to their own. Life is full of choices. I've made mine. Fingers crossed - like the majority - that the jabbed amongst us have done the right thing. Time will tell I guess.

Old School is Cool

The Omicron Varient on 14:31 - Dec 6 with 493 viewsSadoldgit

The Omicron Varient on 12:56 - Dec 6 by franniesTache

Sorry to hear that and hopefully she will get through it all ok. I still don’t understand why people feel the need to down play it or pretend that we are in the thrall of some kind conspiracy for world domination. It is a very nasty disease that manifests itself in different ways. Obviously if you get the mild form you are extremely fortunate. A scientist warned that worse pandemics could be on the horizon snd that we need to prepare for them now (no doubt this will also be construed by the MLT brigade as part of the wider conspiracy).
I had my booster this morning and am pleased to say the the place was busy with others doing the sensible thing. I had arranged an Xmas lunch for the locals this Saturday in the pub and each day more people drop out, scared that they will pick something up before Xmas. The rates are going through the roof in East Kent at the moment. With Lucy Onicron will turn out to be mild snd will help to provide some kind of wider immunity for those still refusing fo have a jab. From what they are saying in the media most people in hospital with Covid at the moment have not had the vaccine.
The Omicron Varient on 15:18 - Dec 6 with 472 viewsfranniesTache

The Omicron Varient on 14:03 - Dec 6 by 1885_SFC

Good post FT. Best wishes to your missus.

The truth is no one, not even the so-called medical experts, know about the long term effects because the virus has only been around for a very short while. Some will be okay & others will suffer for the rest of their lives. That's what viruses do. I had polio when I was 6-months old and when I see old footage of people on 'iron lungs', I realise how lucky I was to just get away with a gammy leg and hips.

I'm nowhere near as fit & healthy as your missus FT and I know getting Covid would (probably/possibly) finish me off - hence having had both jabs and the booster. Each to their own. Life is full of choices. I've made mine. Fingers crossed - like the majority - that the jabbed amongst us have done the right thing. Time will tell I guess.

Thanks mush, she is fortunately recovering. It's a damn slow recovery but it's noticeable.

This time last year she couldn't walk the dogs and anything more than a gentle incline would wipe her out for days.

Unfortunately there are still very real triggers for her, things like excess sugar intake for example can set off all sorts of symptoms, and she still crashes most evenings.

But the good news currently is it seems she's one of the luckier ones with long covid and everything points to her actually making a full recovery with no damage.

The biggest things she's had is actually depression, if you can imagine going from being active and healthy to effectively temporarily disabled then you can imagine the mental health issues which come with it.

It's one of the reasons i'm adamant about vaccines and mask wearing when you can. I got lucky, i was asymptomatic and may as well have not had it, but i'm not someone else, and i wouldn't wish what she has on anyone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024