Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier league approve saints takeover 23:26 - Dec 23 with 32892 viewsfranniesTache

You heard it here first, should be done by 29th/30th of this month, the club has been sold for £125m
Premier league approve saints takeover on 11:32 - Dec 24 with 4207 viewsChesham_Saint

Premier league approve saints takeover on 10:40 - Dec 24 by SalisburySaint

Fully agree Nick, feel she gets a lot of unfair criticism on here and other social media

I've heard nothing but praise from staff regarding her attitude, in the past she ate in same canteen as rest of staff, and was always interested in all the staff always asking how they and their families were, right down to the women doing the laundry at Staplewood, where after talking to them she instigated the ordering of new improved equipment to aid them with there work.

she has from what I've heard always had clubs best interests at heart, hence keeping a shareholding and not the money grabber many would suggest.

I tend to agree with you, SS. Or to put it another way, compare our position to the vast majority of other clubs.

Just think of what the likes of Coventry or Blackpool have been through - both Premier League clubs in the not too distant past. OK, we could have been lucky and had an immensely rich backer like City, but the reality is that is a complete long shot.

I’d say we’ve done ok overall but with the potential to do better…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Premier league approve saints takeover on 15:35 - Dec 24 with 3864 viewsPaleRider

A quick and serious question: how many Saints' games has Gao actually been to?
Premier league approve saints takeover on 16:09 - Dec 24 with 3806 viewssaints__fan__73

Premier league approve saints takeover on 09:25 - Dec 24 by SaintNick

If people think that Kat hasn't safeguarded her father legacy then they are truly misguided, we have enjoyed a good period in the club's history since she has taken the reigns, she could have bailed on the club in 2014, but she took back control and gave us some good years, like Gao she could have sold the club to the first chancer that came along.

Kat has preserved her Fathers legacy and run the club as he wanted it run, Gao doesn't need the money, if he did then he would have dripped out cash from all the transfer payments over the last three years, so show me the evidence where he has done us any wrong and i will agree with you.

Hopefully these people will be the right people, Gao could have taken £120 million a year ago but didn't because they were not the right people, ask Burnley about their owners or for that matter the old school Manchester united fans about the Glaziers

She did sell to the first chancer who came along…

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Premier league approve saints takeover on 16:17 - Dec 24 with 3786 viewsSadoldgit

Premier league approve saints takeover on 10:40 - Dec 24 by SalisburySaint

Fully agree Nick, feel she gets a lot of unfair criticism on here and other social media

I've heard nothing but praise from staff regarding her attitude, in the past she ate in same canteen as rest of staff, and was always interested in all the staff always asking how they and their families were, right down to the women doing the laundry at Staplewood, where after talking to them she instigated the ordering of new improved equipment to aid them with there work.

she has from what I've heard always had clubs best interests at heart, hence keeping a shareholding and not the money grabber many would suggest.

Totally agree. Marcus would be appalled at some of the names his daughter has been called by supporters of the club they have both served well. Let’s not forgot she was in charge of the club when we had four top ten finishes in a row.
Premier league approve saints takeover on 16:28 - Dec 24 with 3766 viewsdirk_doone

Premier league approve saints takeover on 16:09 - Dec 24 by saints__fan__73

She did sell to the first chancer who came along…

And if Markus Liebherr hadn't made financial provisions for the club's future in his will, she'd probably have cashed in even earlier. It took several years of legal wrangling before she managed to get control of the club.

"The increased running costs incurred by investment in the playing squad in line with Liebherr's ambitions are understood to have been met through equity investment 12 months ago."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/11/markus-liebherr-southampton-fut
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 16:46]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Premier league approve saints ta r on 16:41 - Dec 24 with 3715 viewsSaintsforeverj

Premier league approve saints takeover on 16:28 - Dec 24 by dirk_doone

And if Markus Liebherr hadn't made financial provisions for the club's future in his will, she'd probably have cashed in even earlier. It took several years of legal wrangling before she managed to get control of the club.

"The increased running costs incurred by investment in the playing squad in line with Liebherr's ambitions are understood to have been met through equity investment 12 months ago."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/11/markus-liebherr-southampton-fut
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 16:46]

She sold us out Dirk to a fraud. There is no need for anyone to call her personal names or anything like that, but she cashed in, made £200 000 profit and didn't mind who she sold to. She was certainly more interested in getting her money back, rather than helping the club achieve greater things.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 16:42]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Premier league approve saints ta r on 16:54 - Dec 24 with 3680 viewsSadoldgit

Premier league approve saints ta r on 16:41 - Dec 24 by Saintsforeverj

She sold us out Dirk to a fraud. There is no need for anyone to call her personal names or anything like that, but she cashed in, made £200 000 profit and didn't mind who she sold to. She was certainly more interested in getting her money back, rather than helping the club achieve greater things.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 16:42]

How do you know that she knew that he was a “fraud”.
Premier league approve saints takeover on 17:19 - Dec 24 with 3633 viewssaint68

Premier league approve saints takeover on 16:17 - Dec 24 by Sadoldgit

Totally agree. Marcus would be appalled at some of the names his daughter has been called by supporters of the club they have both served well. Let’s not forgot she was in charge of the club when we had four top ten finishes in a row.

Get a grip honestly.. if my old man left me a perfectly functioning self sustainable asset and I sold 80% and oversaw half a decades worth of declining performance and a £140 million plus debt incurred in that period..he'd resurrect himself and shoot me in the skull..absute crap on here being posted that Kat has done good ..literally bullshit and denial by plums who think a billion heiress's comments to staff is valid when the primary objective is on pitch performances is tragically pathetic .its a football club solely dependant on points to maintain its support..not a good will exercise in staff fulfilment.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Login to get fewer ads

Premier league approve saints takeover on 17:28 - Dec 24 with 3623 viewsSaintsforeverj

Premier league approve saints takeover on 17:19 - Dec 24 by saint68

Get a grip honestly.. if my old man left me a perfectly functioning self sustainable asset and I sold 80% and oversaw half a decades worth of declining performance and a £140 million plus debt incurred in that period..he'd resurrect himself and shoot me in the skull..absute crap on here being posted that Kat has done good ..literally bullshit and denial by plums who think a billion heiress's comments to staff is valid when the primary objective is on pitch performances is tragically pathetic .its a football club solely dependant on points to maintain its support..not a good will exercise in staff fulfilment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3422978/premier-lea

I agree. Do people really think that Gao was the best person to sell to? A man with huge rumours about criminal activity surrounding him? May only be rumours, but most sensible people would look elsewhere, if they wanted the best for the club. The first attempted purchase was blocked! was that not a sign to Kat that all wasn't right? Unless of course 200 million pounds was right in front of you. So with that in mind, Kat gets some stick for cashing in to a possible crook, who turned out to be skint as expected. She sold to someone who is now trying to sell the club himself, after years of struggle. She could have found someone better. It's not difficult to.understand why people might question Kat.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 17:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Premier league approve saints takeover on 17:37 - Dec 24 with 3592 viewsPoirot

Someone to financially stabilise the club is urgently needed due to the debt and the borrowed money. I think the current club valuation would be similar to the figure mentioned, when considering the debt. What we dont want to see is anything via leveraged money. I still cant see why the PL havent banned that.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 20:45]
Premier league approve saints takeover on 18:05 - Dec 24 with 3551 viewssaint68

Premier league approve saints takeover on 17:28 - Dec 24 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3422978/premier-lea

I agree. Do people really think that Gao was the best person to sell to? A man with huge rumours about criminal activity surrounding him? May only be rumours, but most sensible people would look elsewhere, if they wanted the best for the club. The first attempted purchase was blocked! was that not a sign to Kat that all wasn't right? Unless of course 200 million pounds was right in front of you. So with that in mind, Kat gets some stick for cashing in to a possible crook, who turned out to be skint as expected. She sold to someone who is now trying to sell the club himself, after years of struggle. She could have found someone better. It's not difficult to.understand why people might question Kat.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 17:36]

How on any scale Southampton supporters can even feel that a woman who sold the club out to a highly dubious character that then resulted in the changing of the strict rules prior to his purchase was a great deal is absolutely bonkers..she speaks to the cleaners!! And asks about backroom staffs families is farcical..whilst she cleared a quarter of a billion pounds ..and now has 20% of a club £ 150 million in debt and rising..yep she was so great for our club.

Premier league approve saints takeover on 18:49 - Dec 24 with 3494 viewsSonicBoom

Never mind slagging Gao off. Frannies Tache has posted that we're being bought!!
He always strikes me as a top poster not prone to bigging himself up or being full of sh 1 t.
Looking forward i doubt it's another Newcastle or Man City. I shouldn't think its Paul Allen either ha ha.
I hope its not some consortium who have borrowed all the money to buy us.
Ideally I'd take someone like the owners of Leicester in a heartbeat.
Premier league approve saints takeover on 19:34 - Dec 24 with 3397 viewsPoirot

Premier league approve saints takeover on 09:23 - Dec 24 by saint68

Joseph Da Grosa offered somewhere around the figure FT has mentioned earlier in the post...maybe that's our man.

I hope not hes a total clown.
Premier league approve saints takeover on 19:45 - Dec 24 with 3372 viewsBazza

Strikes me that not many on here have any understanding of p&ls and balance sheets let alone equity financing but are know it alls. Think it best to see wait and see what happens, could be the most interesting event this season.
Premier league approve saints takeover on 20:31 - Dec 24 with 3284 viewscocklebreath

Premier league approve saints takeover on 16:17 - Dec 24 by Sadoldgit

Oh shut it you wet blanket, she’s made a fortune selling us to a loser with no money.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Premier league approve saints takeover on 20:45 - Dec 24 with 3268 viewsSadoldgit

Premier league approve saints takeover on 20:31 - Dec 24 by cocklebreath

Oh shut it you wet blanket, she’s made a fortune selling us to a loser with no money.

He clearly had enough money to buy the club. Why do you just assume that she deliberately sold us out to someone she knew was bad news for us? She is a businesswomen and is quite entitled to make money out of selling a business. People who know her (do you?) say that she is a decent person who cares about the club. It is entirely feasible that she sold to Gao in the belief that he had the will and the finances to take the club forward. As we know, things changed with the Chinese government and suddenly the plug was pulled on the plans to invest. Is that Kat’s fault? If she didn’t care about the club, why not sell up the minute her father passed away? I expect she is just as disappointed in the way that things turned out with Gao as we are, after all, she has to live with that decision and the stain on her father’s legacy. You make you assumptions, I make mine which are completely different but we both have the same information. The difference is that you seem hell bent on the need to find blame and point a finger.
Premier league approve saints takeover on 21:00 - Dec 24 with 3246 viewsSadoldgit

Yet despite her lack of interest in the club we did better under her than her father? Just luck I suppose. She could have bailed as soon as the ink was dry on the paperwork after her father passed away but stayed on and steadied the ship. It isn’t her fault that the Chinese government pulled the plug on the investment in Prem football. You seem to know a great deal about conspiracy theories but even you didn’t see that coming. You just like to point fingers and look for someone to blame when things don’t go well and create your own narratives to suit your agendas.
Premier league approve saints takeover on 21:09 - Dec 24 with 3230 viewsdirk_doone

But she once ate in a staff restaurant and even spoke to ordinary people. Surely that makes her the XL version of Mother Theresa? Next, they'll be telling us that she hasn't really pocketed the hundreds of millions she made out of our football club but gives all of her money to the poor.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Premier league approve saints takeover on 22:04 - Dec 24 with 3129 viewsButty101

Premier league approve saints takeover on 21:00 - Dec 24 by Sadoldgit

Yet despite her lack of interest in the club we did better under her than her father? Just luck I suppose. She could have bailed as soon as the ink was dry on the paperwork after her father passed away but stayed on and steadied the ship. It isn’t her fault that the Chinese government pulled the plug on the investment in Prem football. You seem to know a great deal about conspiracy theories but even you didn’t see that coming. You just like to point fingers and look for someone to blame when things don’t go well and create your own narratives to suit your agendas.

what an old ball you are.

We did "better" under Kat due to her dad dying sicko

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Premier league approve saints takeover on 08:57 - Dec 25 with 2858 viewsSalisburySaint

Premier league approve saints takeover on 09:23 - Dec 24 by saint68

Joseph Da Grosa offered somewhere around the figure FT has mentioned earlier in the post...maybe that's our man.

Hope not his track record at Bordeaux was not good, he is still hated by their supporters, who blame him for them going into Administration.
Premier league approve saints takeover on 09:29 - Dec 25 with 2817 viewsSaintNick

Premier league approve saints takeover on 22:04 - Dec 24 by Butty101

what an old ball you are.

We did "better" under Kat due to her dad dying sicko

What part of that post said that we did better under her "due" to her dad dying.

When people call Gao a chancer they should remember that we had a chancer as CEO back in 2014 who was spending the clubs money and not generating any through advertising and sponsorship etc.

Back in 2014 she took back the club, invested money in it to cover debts etc, at that stage she could have washed her hands of the club, raked in the money from the Lallana, Shaw, etc transfers and let us slide back towards administration.

But she didn't, lots of people throw insults at Gao and Kat, but offer no solutions, fact is we are well run, the problem is Gao can't get the money out of China, if you want to support a club where they have an owner who throws money at it then there are plenty of clubs out there to support, Saints at this moment are not one of them, perhaps a chunk of our supporter base stopped harking back to the past all the time and concentrated on the present and the future, we would actually be able to progress, but we are always weighed down with the past

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Premier league approve saints takeover on 09:36 - Dec 25 with 2809 viewssaint68

Premier league approve saints takeover on 09:29 - Dec 25 by SaintNick

What part of that post said that we did better under her "due" to her dad dying.

When people call Gao a chancer they should remember that we had a chancer as CEO back in 2014 who was spending the clubs money and not generating any through advertising and sponsorship etc.

Back in 2014 she took back the club, invested money in it to cover debts etc, at that stage she could have washed her hands of the club, raked in the money from the Lallana, Shaw, etc transfers and let us slide back towards administration.

But she didn't, lots of people throw insults at Gao and Kat, but offer no solutions, fact is we are well run, the problem is Gao can't get the money out of China, if you want to support a club where they have an owner who throws money at it then there are plenty of clubs out there to support, Saints at this moment are not one of them, perhaps a chunk of our supporter base stopped harking back to the past all the time and concentrated on the present and the future, we would actually be able to progress, but we are always weighed down with the past

Good morning Nick and merry Christmas
" and let us slide back towards Administraton"..thats exactly our trajectory now..millions in debt no real quality and the real possibility of relegation..which would bring around another Administraton and another relegation.

Premier league approve saints takeover on 11:23 - Dec 25 with 2697 viewsBazza

Premier league approve saints takeover on 09:36 - Dec 25 by saint68

" and let us slide back towards Administraton"..thats exactly our trajectory now..millions in debt no real quality and the real possibility of relegation..which would bring around another Administraton and another relegation.

That’s a very negative view and hopefully a ‘worst case’ possibility. A positive view is a takeover and better than mid table finish. The SFC accounts are due to be signed off this month so there will be a bs check on the doomsters.
Premier league approve saints takeover on 12:44 - Dec 25 with 2608 viewsdwayne_dibley

Premier league approve saints takeover on 09:36 - Dec 25 by saint68

I think the management team in place now would be able to manage any change in status and adjust accordingly. Norwich manage it

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Premier league approve saints takeover on 15:00 - Dec 25 with 2510 viewskingslandstand1

Premier league approve saints takeover on 18:49 - Dec 24 by SonicBoom

Never mind slagging Gao off. Frannies Tache has posted that we're being bought!!
He always strikes me as a top poster not prone to bigging himself up or being full of sh 1 t.
Looking forward i doubt it's another Newcastle or Man City. I shouldn't think its Paul Allen either ha ha.
I hope its not some consortium who have borrowed all the money to buy us.
Ideally I'd take someone like the owners of Leicester in a heartbeat.

That's a def, but very wishful I think
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024