Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' 2022 cricket season 11:22 - Apr 14 with 42942 viewsD_Alien

So Lancs finally start against Kent at Canterbury, a game behind most of their rivals (except Yorkshire)

We're back to a post-Covid more traditional two-division setup with more red ball cricket being played mid-summer

No Jimmy Anderson in the line-up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' 2022 cricket season on 19:37 - Sep 2 with 1869 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 09:54 - Sep 1 by AtThePeake

The new Stokes documentary (think it's on Amazon Prime) is well worth a watch. Like you say, truly inspirational.

Got a decision to make between Trent Bridge and Sixfields now on September 17th!

In a separate post I mentioned how many English sports stars had got injured in stupid accidents. Now Bairstow is out for the season and T-20 World Cup after falling and potentially breaking his leg walking to the tee on a golf course !!! FFS
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 19:38]
T' 2022 cricket season on 20:27 - Sep 2 with 1833 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 19:37 - Sep 2 by Nigeriamark

In a separate post I mentioned how many English sports stars had got injured in stupid accidents. Now Bairstow is out for the season and T-20 World Cup after falling and potentially breaking his leg walking to the tee on a golf course !!! FFS
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 19:38]

This is beyond ridiculous

Still, what can you do apart from wrapping players in cotton wool between games. Will present an opportunity, most likely for his Tykes team-mate Brooks

T' 2022 cricket season on 21:34 - Sep 2 with 1756 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 20:27 - Sep 2 by D_Alien

This is beyond ridiculous

Still, what can you do apart from wrapping players in cotton wool between games. Will present an opportunity, most likely for his Tykes team-mate Brooks

Brooks will get a well deserved chance in the next test.

For the T20 world cup I'm not sure what they will do. Bairstow was going to open instead of Roy. I suppose Salt is next in line and maybe Jacks will be added to the squad. I am a bit concerned that Woakes and Wood have played no cricket all summer and are yet being tasked to lead the way with the ball at the world cup.
T' 2022 cricket season on 21:40 - Sep 2 with 1750 viewsEllDale

There’s a school of thought that this could mean a way back into the fold for Alex Hales.
T' 2022 cricket season on 21:42 - Sep 2 with 1739 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 21:40 - Sep 2 by EllDale

There’s a school of thought that this could mean a way back into the fold for Alex Hales.

That school needs an Ofsted inspection

T' 2022 cricket season on 07:34 - Sep 3 with 1663 viewsfinberty

Isn't that the guy described by Ben Stokes as 'my friend at the time' in relation to the Bristol punch-up?

It would be interesting to see how welcome he might be in the England set-up, even if Stokes no longer competes.
T' 2022 cricket season on 12:08 - Sep 3 with 1573 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 07:34 - Sep 3 by finberty

Isn't that the guy described by Ben Stokes as 'my friend at the time' in relation to the Bristol punch-up?

It would be interesting to see how welcome he might be in the England set-up, even if Stokes no longer competes.

By going with Salt who is in good form, it takes away all the media hype you would get if Hales came in.
T' 2022 cricket season on 12:40 - Sep 3 with 1551 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 12:08 - Sep 3 by Nigeriamark

By going with Salt who is in good form, it takes away all the media hype you would get if Hales came in.

If you look at the age profile of the white ball team they have grown old together and eventually we will need to transition to some younger players. Hales is 33 and for whatever reason is not seen by some as a fit in the squad. Salt is 26 and Jacks 23 and are better long term options. Jacks is developing his off spin and could be a long term option to replace Mooen Ali as a second spin option and attacking batsman.
Login to get fewer ads

T' 2022 cricket season on 15:29 - Sep 5 with 1430 viewsEllDale

Lancs 181-1 at tea in the Roses match at Old Trafford. Wells and Jennings put on 180 for the first wicket with the latter nicely poised on 90 not out.
T' 2022 cricket season on 11:51 - Sep 7 with 1328 viewsEllDale

Back in the fold as per today's announcement.
T' 2022 cricket season on 13:28 - Sep 7 with 1294 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:51 - Sep 7 by EllDale

Back in the fold as per today's announcement.

They've had to take 'special measures' to do so

Meanwhile, Lancs struggling to finish off the Yorks innings. The last pair have survived 9 overs before lunch was called and chipping away at what should have been a decent lead. With more rain forecast, that could cost us the win

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:02 - Sep 7 with 1257 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:28 - Sep 7 by D_Alien

They've had to take 'special measures' to do so

Meanwhile, Lancs struggling to finish off the Yorks innings. The last pair have survived 9 overs before lunch was called and chipping away at what should have been a decent lead. With more rain forecast, that could cost us the win

Update:

After taking 21 overs to get that final wicket, Jennings and Wells (in particular) are now banging out the runs at 7 an over to make up for lost time

Currently 100-0, a lead of 121

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:52 - Sep 7 with 1235 viewsjonahwhereru

Wells and Jennings are in a “no fear” mode. Lancs still fancy their chances in this wells POTS for me. What a signing.
T' 2022 cricket season on 17:08 - Sep 7 with 1214 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:52 - Sep 7 by jonahwhereru

Wells and Jennings are in a “no fear” mode. Lancs still fancy their chances in this wells POTS for me. What a signing.

When he signed last season I was expecting him to be a fringe player, but he has developed into a mainstay in all formats this season and as you say is quite arguably player of the season. It is also worth remembering that he was released by Sussex, it was not as if he was performing well and was them poached by a 'bigger county' to further his career.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 20:59]
T' 2022 cricket season on 14:57 - Sep 10 with 1081 viewsD_Alien

Battling against the clock and weather, a superb start by England's pace bowlers, skittling SA for 118

Just need a decent total now
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 14:57]

T' 2022 cricket season on 15:45 - Sep 10 with 1023 viewsZac_B

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:59 - Aug 17 by Nigeriamark

Not sure what is the most common occurrence

Crawley out for a low score or Rochdale conceding from a set piece

Surely we need a change in the test team, he is a walking wicket

Zak Crawley taking advantage of the football postponement to nudge himself ahead in the 'most likely to happen' stakes.
T' 2022 cricket season on 11:32 - Sep 12 with 919 viewsD_Alien

Yayyy!

Confidence booster for Crawley, albeit against a deflated attack. Might JUST be worth persevering with if England can find a more steady opening partner over the winter tours before next summer's Ashes

Been an unbelievably positive summer for the new captain and management

T' 2022 cricket season on 12:08 - Sep 12 with 895 viewsZac_B

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:32 - Sep 12 by D_Alien

Yayyy!

Confidence booster for Crawley, albeit against a deflated attack. Might JUST be worth persevering with if England can find a more steady opening partner over the winter tours before next summer's Ashes

Been an unbelievably positive summer for the new captain and management

Wooo!

Cricket is a funny game. Feels like there is a lot of doom and gloom about, yet we have just won 6/7 test matches under Ben Stokes.
T' 2022 cricket season on 10:56 - Sep 17 with 786 viewsD_Alien

Kent win the toss and bat at Trent Bridge

Lancs keep faith largely with the players who've got them to the final

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:24 - Sep 17 with 769 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 10:56 - Sep 17 by D_Alien

Kent win the toss and bat at Trent Bridge

Lancs keep faith largely with the players who've got them to the final

Was about to post the same, well done Lancs for sticking with them. Nice day of sport today with the final and then the Dale game. Couch potato time for me ( 2 liters of craft ale & some cheese & Piccalilli sandwiches at the ready !!)
T' 2022 cricket season on 11:31 - Sep 17 with 759 viewsDorsetDale

No YT live stream today on Lancs tv?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:46 - Sep 17 with 756 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:31 - Sep 17 by DorsetDale

No YT live stream today on Lancs tv?

https://www.ecb.co.uk

Just register yourself on the ECB website then you can watch for free
T' 2022 cricket season on 12:05 - Sep 17 with 746 viewsDorsetDale

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:46 - Sep 17 by Nigeriamark

https://www.ecb.co.uk

Just register yourself on the ECB website then you can watch for free

Cheers mate. Registered and automatically logs me in but live screen is locked?
Forget that, working now, thanks again.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 12:13]

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

T' 2022 cricket season on 12:12 - Sep 17 with 742 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 12:05 - Sep 17 by DorsetDale

Cheers mate. Registered and automatically logs me in but live screen is locked?
Forget that, working now, thanks again.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 12:13]

Actually, the link I sent may have recognised me & has logged in as me too. Does it say Mark W in the top left?

If so Log out, go to the home page & click register. You definitely have to register yourself before you can watch it
T' 2022 cricket season on 13:48 - Sep 17 with 708 viewsEllDale

Lancs could be chasing a big total here.
Looks a decent batting track though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024