Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' 2022 cricket season 11:22 - Apr 14 with 42947 viewsD_Alien

So Lancs finally start against Kent at Canterbury, a game behind most of their rivals (except Yorkshire)

We're back to a post-Covid more traditional two-division setup with more red ball cricket being played mid-summer

No Jimmy Anderson in the line-up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' 2022 cricket season on 14:11 - Sep 17 with 1737 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:48 - Sep 17 by EllDale

Lancs could be chasing a big total here.
Looks a decent batting track though.

There's a distinct sense of wheels coming off

T' 2022 cricket season on 14:38 - Sep 17 with 1708 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 14:11 - Sep 17 by D_Alien

There's a distinct sense of wheels coming off

Kept them to around 6 an over for the last 10 or so overs so we didn't let them get the 320 plus that was on the cards. Looks a decent wicket. 50/50 but need to avoid a lot of early wickets. 1 down after the power play will be a decent start
T' 2022 cricket season on 17:20 - Sep 17 with 1649 viewsEllDale

If ever Lancashire needed an innings from Steven Croft……
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:12 - Sep 17 with 1605 viewsD_Alien

Kent have taken some blinding catches, we dropped most of ours

Edit: just seen replay, he grounded it!
[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 18:14]

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:48 - Sep 17 with 1569 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:24 - Sep 17 by Nigeriamark

Was about to post the same, well done Lancs for sticking with them. Nice day of sport today with the final and then the Dale game. Couch potato time for me ( 2 liters of craft ale & some cheese & Piccalilli sandwiches at the ready !!)

I'll take that back

The sandwich was the highlight of the day FFS
T' 2022 cricket season on 08:44 - Sep 18 with 1472 viewsfrenzied

Disappointed to lose again..runners up in both cup competitions and looking like a third in the county championship.

A good season but no silverware to show for it.

Really enjoyed the 20 20 comp esp the games against Yorkshire.

Thanks for the help with the rules etc,
T' 2022 cricket season on 09:02 - Sep 18 with 1469 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 08:44 - Sep 18 by frenzied

Disappointed to lose again..runners up in both cup competitions and looking like a third in the county championship.

A good season but no silverware to show for it.

Really enjoyed the 20 20 comp esp the games against Yorkshire.

Thanks for the help with the rules etc,

Yes, it's been a good season that could've been great, but the players can hold their heads up

It's unlikely we'll go into the final game against Surrey still in with a shout, but the future looks bright and our younger lads are gaining great experience that will stand them in good stead

And then, it'll be time to look forward to the next international challenges in Pakistan & New Zealand

It'll be time for a new thread!

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:09 - Sep 18 with 1424 viewsDorsetDale

T' 2022 cricket season on 09:02 - Sep 18 by D_Alien

Yes, it's been a good season that could've been great, but the players can hold their heads up

It's unlikely we'll go into the final game against Surrey still in with a shout, but the future looks bright and our younger lads are gaining great experience that will stand them in good stead

And then, it'll be time to look forward to the next international challenges in Pakistan & New Zealand

It'll be time for a new thread!

"It'll be time for a new thread"

Nah, just edit the title.

Maybe in time it'll rival the hornets thread!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Login to get fewer ads

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:44 - Sep 18 with 1416 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:09 - Sep 18 by DorsetDale

"It'll be time for a new thread"

Nah, just edit the title.

Maybe in time it'll rival the hornets thread!

Aye!

I might edit t' title

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:48 - Sep 18 with 1410 viewsTVOS1907

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:44 - Sep 18 by D_Alien

Aye!

I might edit t' title

Tbh, I would consign this thread to the annals of its title and start a new one called "T' 2022/23 cricket season (winter)', or summat like that!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:25 - Sep 18 with 1396 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:48 - Sep 18 by TVOS1907

Tbh, I would consign this thread to the annals of its title and start a new one called "T' 2022/23 cricket season (winter)', or summat like that!

That's a big decision i've got to make then

Whether to be annally retentive or not...

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:33 - Sep 18 with 1384 viewsTVOS1907

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:25 - Sep 18 by D_Alien

That's a big decision i've got to make then

Whether to be annally retentive or not...

What you do in your own time is your business.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:45 - Sep 18 with 1379 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:33 - Sep 18 by TVOS1907

What you do in your own time is your business.

Yeah, but some events need to happen more than once a year

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:42 - Sep 20 with 1250 viewsAtThePeake

Just the 25 wickets (so far!) on Day One in Essex...

Tangled up in blue.

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:44 - Sep 20 with 1248 viewsAtThePeake

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:42 - Sep 20 by AtThePeake

Just the 25 wickets (so far!) on Day One in Essex...

26th came just after I hit send. Unbelievable.

Tangled up in blue.

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:15 - Sep 20 with 1236 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:44 - Sep 20 by AtThePeake

26th came just after I hit send. Unbelievable.

It's almost like both sides just want to get it over with, playing so late in the season and with any chance of the title just beyond them

Meanwhile, with the first overseas T20 underway, it looks like it'll be a continuation with this thread, for t' time being at least, rather than start another one

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:34 - Sep 21 with 1132 viewsD_Alien

Lancs all out for 73, need to defend 98 to stay above Essex in third place

With Hampshire all out for 57 yesterday whilst Surrey made 333, the title race is all but over

I take back what i said about the team wanting to just get it over with though. Reading Glen Chapple's write up, it appears the pitch is horrendous and was especially unplayable last night with the floodlights on

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/county-championship-division-one-2022-129765

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:06 - Sep 21 with 1098 viewsjonahwhereru

I was at Chelmsford yesterday. Can only assume it was a very tight call between batting and fielding when Vilas won the toss. Loads of playing and missing and runs behind square before lunch. After lunch runs score in front of square. Very few slip and keeper action. Mostly bowled or lbw. Then! What can I say. A 3 in 4 and a hat trick in 30 overs is a damning indictment on the pitch.
We made 202 for 20 and we could still win it. I feel sorry for the Lancs supporters that travelled down.
T' 2022 cricket season on 13:20 - Sep 21 with 1095 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:06 - Sep 21 by jonahwhereru

I was at Chelmsford yesterday. Can only assume it was a very tight call between batting and fielding when Vilas won the toss. Loads of playing and missing and runs behind square before lunch. After lunch runs score in front of square. Very few slip and keeper action. Mostly bowled or lbw. Then! What can I say. A 3 in 4 and a hat trick in 30 overs is a damning indictment on the pitch.
We made 202 for 20 and we could still win it. I feel sorry for the Lancs supporters that travelled down.

After reaching 24-0, Essex now 39-5 just after lunch...

T' 2022 cricket season on 14:06 - Sep 21 with 1067 viewsBigKindo

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:20 - Sep 21 by D_Alien

After reaching 24-0, Essex now 39-5 just after lunch...

Lancs won by 38 runs.
T' 2022 cricket season on 16:53 - Sep 21 with 990 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 14:06 - Sep 21 by BigKindo

Lancs won by 38 runs.

Crazy result& a bit of a mockery TBH. I wonder if Essex will get fined for the pitch
T' 2022 cricket season on 17:11 - Sep 21 with 983 viewsD_Alien

Although we can't catch them, Lancs should go all out to get a positive result in their final fixture at OT against Surrey, dampening their celebrations at least. If we do, it'll mean we'll likely finish runners up in all three major domestic competitions. Something to build on for next season

T' 2022 cricket season on 06:00 - Sep 24 with 801 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:11 - Sep 21 by D_Alien

Although we can't catch them, Lancs should go all out to get a positive result in their final fixture at OT against Surrey, dampening their celebrations at least. If we do, it'll mean we'll likely finish runners up in all three major domestic competitions. Something to build on for next season

Didn't see the first one but I've enjoyed the 2nd & 3rd T20s England v Pakistan. Their unbeaten opening partnership to win the second game was a joy to watch & the atmosphere was superb. Then last night the Duckett/Brook partnership was equally as good & our bowling was top drawer too. Brook looks a real find, made the game look so easy & hits the ball very cleanly. A bit more optimistic about the WC now if we can take that form with us. Hope Wood can stay fit but wouldn't bet much on that
T' 2022 cricket season on 10:56 - Sep 24 with 761 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 06:00 - Sep 24 by Nigeriamark

Didn't see the first one but I've enjoyed the 2nd & 3rd T20s England v Pakistan. Their unbeaten opening partnership to win the second game was a joy to watch & the atmosphere was superb. Then last night the Duckett/Brook partnership was equally as good & our bowling was top drawer too. Brook looks a real find, made the game look so easy & hits the ball very cleanly. A bit more optimistic about the WC now if we can take that form with us. Hope Wood can stay fit but wouldn't bet much on that

Brook looks class. Although brought into the red ball Test team as replacement for the injured Bairstow, if i were Ollie Pope i'd be upping my game for when Bairstow's fit again. I can see Brook in that no.3 role

Regarding the T20, apart from one dodgy over of bowling in the second game, i thought Moeen Ali captained the side really well and his batting seemed to flourish with the responsibility. Buttler's seems to go the other way and somehow the side seemed diminished under him. Morgan was a tough act to follow, but not everyone is cut out for the captaincy role. Ali looks a more natural leader to me

T' 2022 cricket season on 12:45 - Sep 24 with 735 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 06:00 - Sep 24 by Nigeriamark

Wood and Topley will be a threat in Australia. Wood with his pace and Topley with nice height and guile. It is pleasing to see Brook/Jacks and Duckett playing well. It will difficult to select the starting 11 with Buttler, Stokes and Livingstone to fit into the line up. I am struggling to see where Malan fits as I'd much rather see Brook play.

Buttler
Hales
Stokes
Brook
Livingstone
Ali
Curran
Jordan
Wood
Rashid
Topley

Maybe a bowler could be dropped for another batsman.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024