Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' 2022 cricket season 11:22 - Apr 14 with 42943 viewsD_Alien

So Lancs finally start against Kent at Canterbury, a game behind most of their rivals (except Yorkshire)

We're back to a post-Covid more traditional two-division setup with more red ball cricket being played mid-summer

No Jimmy Anderson in the line-up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:39 - Aug 19 with 2412 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Things looking a lot different having to face two of the very best fast bowlers in world cricket. Only Pope In the first innings looked to be able to cope with them. Our pace men looked toothless in comparison apart from short burst by Stokes. Its a sad indictment of English cricket that we are still reliant on Anderson and Broad.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

T' 2022 cricket season on 20:18 - Aug 19 with 2351 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:22 - Aug 19 by Nigeriamark

Lancs just recorded their highest 1 day run chase in their history with 10 balls to spare. Brilliant stuff and almost into the semi - final. A few unknowns in the squad too.Who needs Salt, Buttler, Livingstone, Villas and David at the top of the order !!! Did it without any of them

Keaton Jennings had better watch out. Any more innings like that and he'll be thinking he's got a chance of replacing Zak Crawley...

T' 2022 cricket season on 21:26 - Aug 19 with 2316 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 20:18 - Aug 19 by D_Alien

Keaton Jennings had better watch out. Any more innings like that and he'll be thinking he's got a chance of replacing Zak Crawley...

Great result on a batting paradise by the seaside. I thought when Jennings was out it was game over, but a great partnership by Lavelle, with a career best score and Balderston to break the back of the chase.

The Royal London Cup have really given an opportunity to some younger and unheralded players to really kick on.

Four players selected in the England Under 19 squad as well, the future is looking bright.

https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/2749330/young-lions-squad-confirmed-for-opening-u19s-
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 21:39]
T' 2022 cricket season on 13:06 - Aug 25 with 2168 viewsD_Alien

Great morning by England, and we needed it

Weather's set fair for a good contest. At some point, the Anderson/Broad partnership will break the world record for number of wickets taken in combination (i.e. both players playing in the same test), these two currently on 980 with Warne & McGrath

T' 2022 cricket season on 15:00 - Aug 25 with 2093 viewsAtThePeake

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:06 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

Great morning by England, and we needed it

Weather's set fair for a good contest. At some point, the Anderson/Broad partnership will break the world record for number of wickets taken in combination (i.e. both players playing in the same test), these two currently on 980 with Warne & McGrath

Bizarre decision from SA to bat first seeing how strong we've been at chasing under McCullum and given the overcast conditions this morning.

Last year my ticket for the India test at Headingley saw me only getting an hour of cricket in. I'm (thankfully) missing Dale to go on Saturday but have a sneaking suspicion I might end up back in Rochdale in time for kick-off.

Tangled up in blue.

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:35 - Aug 25 with 2027 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

T' 2022 cricket season on 23:36 - Aug 25 with 1946 viewsTyroneShoelaces

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:35 - Aug 25 by DaleiLama

Taken by one of the Directors apparently
Make of that what you will.
T' 2022 cricket season on 14:19 - Aug 26 with 1895 viewsD_Alien

Lancs to chase 339 against Notts at Blackpool in the RLC QF. Small ground, Lancs used to big chases, have every chance

Meanwhile, Stokes decides to play proper test cricket. The SA tourists have come at exactly the right time for England 's uber-positivity* to be held in check

* I'd have said taxi for Crawley before this game, but even he played with some common sense

[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 14:23]

Login to get fewer ads

T' 2022 cricket season on 14:26 - Aug 26 with 1884 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 14:19 - Aug 26 by D_Alien

Lancs to chase 339 against Notts at Blackpool in the RLC QF. Small ground, Lancs used to big chases, have every chance

Meanwhile, Stokes decides to play proper test cricket. The SA tourists have come at exactly the right time for England 's uber-positivity* to be held in check

* I'd have said taxi for Crawley before this game, but even he played with some common sense

[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 14:23]

Crawley did well and it took a really good ball to get him out.
T' 2022 cricket season on 14:37 - Aug 26 with 1877 viewsDaleiLama

T' 2022 cricket season on 14:26 - Aug 26 by isitme

Crawley did well and it took a really good ball to get him out.

Hope that's the last time you say Crawley did well this weekend!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:05 - Aug 26 with 1826 viewsfrenzied

Another good win for Lancs...lets hope they can get some silverware this season..done well on all fronts
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:09 - Aug 26 with 1823 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:05 - Aug 26 by frenzied

Another good win for Lancs...lets hope they can get some silverware this season..done well on all fronts

Great innings by Croft who has had a great season across all formats. It would be nice for him to go out with a trophy or two.
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:56 - Aug 26 with 1796 viewsjonahwhereru

I get it is a small ground but Lancs have a knack of being able to chase down big targets. Wells has been excellent lately. But this was a real team performance, with some of the main bowlers missing.
Great stuff lads.
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:57 - Aug 26 with 1791 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:56 - Aug 26 by jonahwhereru

I get it is a small ground but Lancs have a knack of being able to chase down big targets. Wells has been excellent lately. But this was a real team performance, with some of the main bowlers missing.
Great stuff lads.

Wells has been a really astute signing and his 'leg spin' has been invaluable this season.
T' 2022 cricket season on 20:13 - Aug 26 with 1753 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 15:00 - Aug 25 by AtThePeake

Bizarre decision from SA to bat first seeing how strong we've been at chasing under McCullum and given the overcast conditions this morning.

Last year my ticket for the India test at Headingley saw me only getting an hour of cricket in. I'm (thankfully) missing Dale to go on Saturday but have a sneaking suspicion I might end up back in Rochdale in time for kick-off.

I think you're safe from having to watch Dale tomorrow!

Great win by Lancs too

Edit: hadn't read about any of the other momentous events before posting, just catching up
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 20:20]

T' 2022 cricket season on 10:21 - Aug 27 with 1645 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 20:13 - Aug 26 by D_Alien

I think you're safe from having to watch Dale tomorrow!

Great win by Lancs too

Edit: hadn't read about any of the other momentous events before posting, just catching up
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 20:20]

Anybody see this in the hundred. Amazing stop to prevent a six
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/62664416
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:29 - Aug 27 with 1563 viewsD_Alien

Superb response by England to the loss at Lord's, sets up a grand finale at the Oval

The best thing for me was that positivity was tempered with realism about match situations. I'd be happy to see Stokes stop playing limited overs cricket altogether and just keep himself fit for tests through playing the odd game for Durham. He's doing the business with both bat and ball, which i can't recall an England test captain ever accomplishing. Truly inspirational to youngsters starting to follow the game, and his travails have only made him appreciate what he's got in front of him even more
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 18:33]

T' 2022 cricket season on 19:26 - Aug 27 with 1529 viewsforeverhopefulDale

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:29 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

Superb response by England to the loss at Lord's, sets up a grand finale at the Oval

The best thing for me was that positivity was tempered with realism about match situations. I'd be happy to see Stokes stop playing limited overs cricket altogether and just keep himself fit for tests through playing the odd game for Durham. He's doing the business with both bat and ball, which i can't recall an England test captain ever accomplishing. Truly inspirational to youngsters starting to follow the game, and his travails have only made him appreciate what he's got in front of him even more

Yes fantastic response, and our batsmen cooed a lot better with their bowlers and our bowlers were much better too. Great overall performance.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:28 - Aug 30 with 1365 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 19:26 - Aug 27 by foreverhopefulDale

Yes fantastic response, and our batsmen cooed a lot better with their bowlers and our bowlers were much better too. Great overall performance.

Fantastic win for Lancs today. To win after being five down for sixty odd was outstanding. A great partnership by Vilas and Lavelle and some late hitting by Lamb set Sussex a target that after a fast start, proved to be too much.

Salt, Wood, Parkinson and Hartley should be available for the final. Unfortunately Buttler and Livingstone are injured.
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:58 - Aug 30 with 1303 viewsEllDale

Be like the good old days, a September one day final at Lords.
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:59 - Aug 30 with 1297 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:58 - Aug 30 by EllDale

Be like the good old days, a September one day final at Lords.

Or at Trent Bridge!
T' 2022 cricket season on 19:05 - Aug 30 with 1290 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:28 - Aug 30 by isitme

Fantastic win for Lancs today. To win after being five down for sixty odd was outstanding. A great partnership by Vilas and Lavelle and some late hitting by Lamb set Sussex a target that after a fast start, proved to be too much.

Salt, Wood, Parkinson and Hartley should be available for the final. Unfortunately Buttler and Livingstone are injured.

I wonder if they will stay loyal to the ones that got us to the final during crunch time, or bring in the ones from the Hundred
T' 2022 cricket season on 19:13 - Aug 30 with 1279 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 19:05 - Aug 30 by Nigeriamark

I wonder if they will stay loyal to the ones that got us to the final during crunch time, or bring in the ones from the Hundred

I'd be disappointed if the lads who've got us to the final aren't given the chance to finish the job. Team spirit counts, and bringing in even top players would send the wrong message imo

Lancs showing they can both chase a total and defend one

T' 2022 cricket season on 19:16 - Aug 30 with 1271 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 19:05 - Aug 30 by Nigeriamark

It's a difficult one as a lot of the younger lads/fringe players who would probably miss out have really contributed on the way to the final.
T' 2022 cricket season on 09:54 - Sep 1 with 1121 viewsAtThePeake

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:29 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

The new Stokes documentary (think it's on Amazon Prime) is well worth a watch. Like you say, truly inspirational.

Got a decision to make between Trent Bridge and Sixfields now on September 17th!

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024