Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' 2022 cricket season 11:22 - Apr 14 with 42852 viewsD_Alien

So Lancs finally start against Kent at Canterbury, a game behind most of their rivals (except Yorkshire)

We're back to a post-Covid more traditional two-division setup with more red ball cricket being played mid-summer

No Jimmy Anderson in the line-up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' 2022 cricket season on 22:55 - Jun 8 with 3651 viewsEllDale

Another spellbinding finish and what composure from Tom Hartley.
T' 2022 cricket season on 23:31 - Jun 8 with 3610 viewsSandyman

T' 2022 cricket season on 22:55 - Jun 8 by EllDale

Great to see the yorkies (including the batter at the non-strikers end) celebrating and then -
Caught out, Tom Hartley turns round and smiles at them.

Ace.
T' 2022 cricket season on 10:10 - Jun 9 with 3493 viewsfrenzied

T' 2022 cricket season on 22:55 - Jun 8 by EllDale

i honestly thought it had gone for 6 the camera seemed to lose track of the ball..an incredible game ..love the way 20 20 can swing one way then the other ..Yorkshire looked to be cruising with 4 or 5 overs to go

Also to see a maiden over right at the beginning of the Yorkshire innings was a rarity also..

Lancs are going along nicely on all fronts at the moment
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:06 - Jun 11 with 3312 viewsD_Alien

Shout out to a sensational finish to the Sri Lanka v Australia T20

Needing 59 off the last 3 overs, SL got there, a world record:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/australia-in-sri-lanka-2022-1307289/sri-lank

[Post edited 11 Jun 2022 18:11]

T' 2022 cricket season on 14:07 - Jun 12 with 3152 viewsD_Alien

Happy to be proved wrong about Pope, hope its not a false dawn on a placid pitch

If our middle order get this right, there might still be chance of a positive result

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:45 - Jun 14 with 2958 viewsSandyman

Jonny Bairstow is playing Stick Cricket at Trent Bridge!
T' 2022 cricket season on 17:26 - Jun 14 with 2916 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:45 - Jun 14 by Sandyman

Jonny Bairstow is playing Stick Cricket at Trent Bridge!

...what have we just witnessed???

Pleased for Stokes to be there at the end, hobbling away after smacking the winning boundaries

But yeah, that Bairstow innings was the stuff of dreams

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:34 - Jun 14 with 2899 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:26 - Jun 14 by D_Alien

...what have we just witnessed???

Pleased for Stokes to be there at the end, hobbling away after smacking the winning boundaries

But yeah, that Bairstow innings was the stuff of dreams

Unbelievable. For New Zealand to lose after scoring 553 in the first innings is unheard of. Bairstow's innings was sensational and took all the momentum away from New Zealand.
Login to get fewer ads

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:42 - Jun 14 with 2890 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:34 - Jun 14 by isitme

Unbelievable. For New Zealand to lose after scoring 553 in the first innings is unheard of. Bairstow's innings was sensational and took all the momentum away from New Zealand.

I'm a bit gutted because i tried to get a free ticket last night, hung on for about 90 minutes until the website crashed with the demand

I'd have ended up pissed and sunburnt, so maybe just as well!!

T' 2022 cricket season on 23:01 - Jun 14 with 2781 viewsdownunder

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:42 - Jun 14 by D_Alien

I'm a bit gutted because i tried to get a free ticket last night, hung on for about 90 minutes until the website crashed with the demand

I'd have ended up pissed and sunburnt, so maybe just as well!!

Also a bit gutted, sober, and it is frosty cold today.
Well done England, they have a beaten a good team, though not as good as we were last year. McCullums influence can be seen, and I hope it grows stronger, and returns The Ashes.
Meanwhile, NZ need to look for replacements for the future, as Boult and Southee cannot go on for ever, and Jamieson needs to get back on track.
T' 2022 cricket season on 16:46 - Jun 15 with 2647 viewsD_Alien

After the England chase, back to more mundane matters but Lancs going well now chasing 329

Need 113 off 25 overs after early setbacks, still 6 wickets in hand

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:05 - Jun 15 with 2598 viewsSheffdale

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:46 - Jun 15 by D_Alien

After the England chase, back to more mundane matters but Lancs going well now chasing 329

Need 113 off 25 overs after early setbacks, still 6 wickets in hand

More measured than YJB but almost there. Tip of the hat to Luke Wells.
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:24 - Jun 15 with 2574 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:05 - Jun 15 by Sheffdale

More measured than YJB but almost there. Tip of the hat to Luke Wells.

Indeed. Perfectly paced 175 from Wells to secure victory

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:30 - Jun 15 with 2558 viewsisitme

Outstanding fourth innings chase by Lancs lead by Wells, especially with a depleted side.
T' 2022 cricket season on 05:18 - Jun 16 with 2408 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:30 - Jun 15 by isitme

Outstanding fourth innings chase by Lancs lead by Wells, especially with a depleted side.

Didn't look possible at 93-4, but got home with 4 overs to spare. Bohannon seems to have gone off the boil since his double century & unlikely to get anywhere near the England squad at the moment. Back to the Blast for the rest of the month with Lancs in a good place
T' 2022 cricket season on 07:51 - Jun 16 with 2383 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 05:18 - Jun 16 by Nigeriamark

Didn't look possible at 93-4, but got home with 4 overs to spare. Bohannon seems to have gone off the boil since his double century & unlikely to get anywhere near the England squad at the moment. Back to the Blast for the rest of the month with Lancs in a good place

There are in a good position for the final stages, especially if we have a decent summer and the pitches started to wear. Parkinson could come into his own and it will be good to get a few players back. The Blast fixtures this week will be a challenge with so many of the better white ball players unavailable, especially in the seam bowling department.
T' 2022 cricket season on 08:44 - Jun 16 with 2367 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 07:51 - Jun 16 by isitme

There are in a good position for the final stages, especially if we have a decent summer and the pitches started to wear. Parkinson could come into his own and it will be good to get a few players back. The Blast fixtures this week will be a challenge with so many of the better white ball players unavailable, especially in the seam bowling department.

There's been murmurings about Leach not cutting it for England (not an attacking bowler) so Parkinson stands a chance of moving back into the reckoning

Having said that, Moeen Ali's made it plain he'd play again under the new regime and would probably be first choice

T' 2022 cricket season on 15:45 - Jun 23 with 2015 viewsD_Alien

That's got to be one of the most bizarre dismissals you'll ever see! Caught off the bat of the man at the non-striker's end...

England well on top at 123-5

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:49 - Jun 23 with 1891 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 15:45 - Jun 23 by D_Alien

That's got to be one of the most bizarre dismissals you'll ever see! Caught off the bat of the man at the non-striker's end...

England well on top at 123-5

Just seen it now. That's when you know its not your lucky day. It was a decent shot too
T' 2022 cricket season on 17:39 - Jun 24 with 1797 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:49 - Jun 23 by Nigeriamark

Just seen it now. That's when you know its not your lucky day. It was a decent shot too

don't know how long the honeymoon will last, but England have become very watchable. Amazing partnership at the moment & the team past 200 in less than 40 overs.

Crawley still has to go though for the India game, he has had enough chances now.
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:58 - Jun 24 with 1731 viewsisitme

What an outrageous day of test cricket. England looked totally out of the game with those early wickets, but what a partnership by Bairstow and Overton. Hopefully it will stay dry tomorrow and I will get to see an exciting day of action.
T' 2022 cricket season on 21:01 - Jun 24 with 1672 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:58 - Jun 24 by isitme

What an outrageous day of test cricket. England looked totally out of the game with those early wickets, but what a partnership by Bairstow and Overton. Hopefully it will stay dry tomorrow and I will get to see an exciting day of action.

Jack Leach is quoted yesterday, after his 5-fer and dismissal off the non-striker's bat that he didn't even know was a wicket as saying "Cricket's a stupid game"

When Ben Stokes took a liberty too soon and left his side at 55-6, i felt like shouting at him "Yeah, and that was as stupid as it gets"

A double century stand against Boult/Southee/Wagner in favourable bowling conditions later, i was wrong. Without the approach that Bazball is bringing to test cricket, this wouldn't have happened, and test cricket would be continuing it's slow decline. England, under Stokes & McCullum, have a chance to keep it fresh for the present and for the future, and despite what the purists might say, i say Go For It!

In his unbelievable match-winning knock at Headingley against the Aussies in 2019, Stokes did something i thought i'd never see again, or at least not for another generation. I watched the Botham knock at Headingley in 1981, and that's a generation ago. But in the last test and again now, we're seeing the unbelievable happen. If its not Stokes, its Bairstow, or Root. We've always had the players, suddenly we've got the belief and i can't wait to see how this unfolds. Of course, we'll lose games playing this way, but the ride is going to be worth it

We've talked on here about going to Dale to be entertained. If that's what we want - what we demand - from sport, we should all support this England cricket team. If you're not watching already, better start, or miss out

[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 21:06]

T' 2022 cricket season on 15:37 - Jun 26 with 1525 viewsD_Alien

So, chasing 296! brilliant 10-fer from Leach, another player transformed under McCullum, and Stokes having faith in him

And this time, i've managed to nab for tickets for tomoz

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:08 - Jun 26 with 1478 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 15:37 - Jun 26 by D_Alien

So, chasing 296! brilliant 10-fer from Leach, another player transformed under McCullum, and Stokes having faith in him

And this time, i've managed to nab for tickets for tomoz

Hopefully it will be a good day. Yesterday was good in the morning, cold and New Zealand on top in the afternoon and wet in the evening. Giving away free tickets is a great idea. Get loads of contact details and market the life out of future matches, especially with the Ashes next year. Those tickets will certainly be pricey and in demand, especially if England continue to entertain.
T' 2022 cricket season on 16:28 - Jun 26 with 1448 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:08 - Jun 26 by isitme

Hopefully it will be a good day. Yesterday was good in the morning, cold and New Zealand on top in the afternoon and wet in the evening. Giving away free tickets is a great idea. Get loads of contact details and market the life out of future matches, especially with the Ashes next year. Those tickets will certainly be pricey and in demand, especially if England continue to entertain.

It's brilliant, because the venues will make plenty in hospitality, as well as good will

Also signed up for the Original Oak marketing and got a free pint out of that!

Just need to keep our heads this evening (not the best start...) and hope the weather doesn't play too much of a part tomoz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024