Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' 2022 cricket season 11:22 - Apr 14 with 42074 viewsD_Alien

So Lancs finally start against Kent at Canterbury, a game behind most of their rivals (except Yorkshire)

We're back to a post-Covid more traditional two-division setup with more red ball cricket being played mid-summer

No Jimmy Anderson in the line-up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:59 - Jul 27 with 2440 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 14:38 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

As you predicted, a much better day for batting

Lancs now building a lead with 9 wickets still in hand and around 150 overs still left in the game

More of a hope than a prediction!
T' 2022 cricket season on 12:30 - Jul 28 with 2354 viewsBigKindo

Needing 306 to win Kent were 7 for 2
T' 2022 cricket season on 12:31 - Jul 28 with 2348 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 12:30 - Jul 28 by BigKindo

Needing 306 to win Kent were 7 for 2

10-3. The top order blasted out under cloudy skies.
T' 2022 cricket season on 12:44 - Jul 28 with 2333 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 12:31 - Jul 28 by isitme

10-3. The top order blasted out under cloudy skies.

Superb second innings and declaration, just need the weather to hold now. Any predict...hopes?

You should know i'm holding you responsible for yesterday's success!

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:04 - Jul 28 with 2313 viewsBigKindo

28 for 3 at lunch. Weather forecast in Dale rain scheduled circa 1am tonight
T' 2022 cricket season on 13:19 - Jul 28 with 2306 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:04 - Jul 28 by BigKindo

28 for 3 at lunch. Weather forecast in Dale rain scheduled circa 1am tonight

If we can get Bell Drummond out quickly then a very good chance of a result
T' 2022 cricket season on 15:15 - Jul 28 with 2256 viewsBigKindo

Kent 101 for 5 but Bell-Drummond still in on 61.
T' 2022 cricket season on 15:40 - Jul 28 with 2244 viewsBigKindo

115 for 7 at Tea. Bell-Drummond still in on 64.
Login to get fewer ads

T' 2022 cricket season on 15:49 - Jul 28 with 2232 viewsColDale

T' 2022 cricket season on 15:40 - Jul 28 by BigKindo

115 for 7 at Tea. Bell-Drummond still in on 64.

was Bell-Drummond not in the KLF?
T' 2022 cricket season on 16:07 - Jul 28 with 2212 viewsD_Alien

We need those 3 wickets

With Hampshire winning and Surrey looking likely to do so, only a win will keep us in touch

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:25 - Jul 28 with 2182 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 12:44 - Jul 28 by D_Alien

Superb second innings and declaration, just need the weather to hold now. Any predict...hopes?

You should know i'm holding you responsible for yesterday's success!

Never in doubt!

Great bowling by Bailey and wonderful batting yesterday and early today to rescue the game and set up the declaration. It was really good to see Jones get some runs and Lavelle, who is probably third choice keeper at the moment have a hand in a number of dismissals.

After being put into bat in dicey conditions it was good to get the right weather both yesterday and today. It is now raining so an excellent result in the circumstances.
T' 2022 cricket season on 16:44 - Jul 28 with 2139 viewsBigKindo

Bailey took 5 for 46.
T' 2022 cricket season on 17:01 - Jul 28 with 2089 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:44 - Jul 28 by BigKindo

Bailey took 5 for 46.

Good win especially with the top 2 winning too. Surry are flying at the moment & going to be hard to catch, but at least we are still in it
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:05 - Aug 4 with 1846 viewsD_Alien

Easy win for Lancs in the Royal London Cup against Yorkshire, played at York

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/royal-london-one-day-cup-2022-1297661/yorksh

Our first game at Sedburgh was abandoned without a ball being bowled, so we needed this win to put ourselves in the frame to progress. I dread to think what kind of nerves the lads will have if they make it to the final though, after their capitulation in the T20 Blast final

T' 2022 cricket season on 19:19 - Aug 4 with 1776 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:05 - Aug 4 by D_Alien

Easy win for Lancs in the Royal London Cup against Yorkshire, played at York

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/royal-london-one-day-cup-2022-1297661/yorksh

Our first game at Sedburgh was abandoned without a ball being bowled, so we needed this win to put ourselves in the frame to progress. I dread to think what kind of nerves the lads will have if they make it to the final though, after their capitulation in the T20 Blast final

Going to the game against Derbyshire on Sunday. Hope the weather holds.
T' 2022 cricket season on 17:54 - Aug 7 with 1600 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 19:19 - Aug 4 by Nigeriamark

Going to the game against Derbyshire on Sunday. Hope the weather holds.

Good win for Lancs in the sunshine, but looked like a slow wicket

Lancs only made 221, and that was thanks to a long steady partnership of 150+ with no real hitting out

Derby struggled with that, falling 40 short

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:33 - Aug 7 with 1560 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:54 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

Good win for Lancs in the sunshine, but looked like a slow wicket

Lancs only made 221, and that was thanks to a long steady partnership of 150+ with no real hitting out

Derby struggled with that, falling 40 short

I wonder if they played on the same pitch the originals played on on Friday? That was a used wicket and appeared on the slow side. Jones has really stepped up the past couple of games.

Only scoring 220 with only 4 out looked slow and a poor use of resources. Thankfully Masood couldn't get enough support to see them home.
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:57 - Aug 8 with 1432 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:33 - Aug 7 by isitme

I wonder if they played on the same pitch the originals played on on Friday? That was a used wicket and appeared on the slow side. Jones has really stepped up the past couple of games.

Only scoring 220 with only 4 out looked slow and a poor use of resources. Thankfully Masood couldn't get enough support to see them home.

it was very odd. even players that got themselves in just couldn't find any timing at all. The pitch was defiantly holding the ball up and no-one could get a handle on it. Masood reached 50 & only had 2 boundaries at that time & the 2 Lancastrians who put on 150 didn't get that many either. The grass in the outfield was long and prevented the ball reaching the boundary on a number of occasions. Also a number of shots over the top "plugged" first bounce and didn't make it either including one which landed only about 10 yards short of a six but didn't't even go for four

Was tense until their 6th wicket partnership was broken after which there was little chance of them making it. As always, a great day out when the weather holds fair
T' 2022 cricket season on 21:01 - Aug 10 with 1305 viewsisitme

Another great win, our Indian multi format spinner didn't even bowl, or bat! Three wins and a no result with four left to play. It is really pleasing to see the likes of Jones really step up and contribute. Wells is another who has had an excellent season in all formats, especially filling in with the ball. Bell looks promising as well and may become a regular next season if the rumours about Vilas and Croft turn out to be true. The following top six (who were all missing today) would be a half decent white ball batting line up.

Jennings
Salt
Bohannon
Vilas
Livingstone
Buttler

Actual order at the respondent's discretion.
T' 2022 cricket season on 11:59 - Aug 17 with 1143 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 21:01 - Aug 10 by isitme

Another great win, our Indian multi format spinner didn't even bowl, or bat! Three wins and a no result with four left to play. It is really pleasing to see the likes of Jones really step up and contribute. Wells is another who has had an excellent season in all formats, especially filling in with the ball. Bell looks promising as well and may become a regular next season if the rumours about Vilas and Croft turn out to be true. The following top six (who were all missing today) would be a half decent white ball batting line up.

Jennings
Salt
Bohannon
Vilas
Livingstone
Buttler

Actual order at the respondent's discretion.

Not sure what is the most common occurrence

Crawley out for a low score or Rochdale conceding from a set piece

Surely we need a change in the test team, he is a walking wicket
T' 2022 cricket season on 12:04 - Aug 17 with 1133 viewsZac_B

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:59 - Aug 17 by Nigeriamark

Not sure what is the most common occurrence

Crawley out for a low score or Rochdale conceding from a set piece

Surely we need a change in the test team, he is a walking wicket

Was thinking exactly this! In fact, 'No Surprises' by Radiohead played in my head as the second wicket went down...and then I looked at Alt Dale Comms to see it there too.
T' 2022 cricket season on 14:34 - Aug 19 with 1021 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 12:04 - Aug 17 by Zac_B

Was thinking exactly this! In fact, 'No Surprises' by Radiohead played in my head as the second wicket went down...and then I looked at Alt Dale Comms to see it there too.

things looking up. Crawley managed to get to double figures ( Just !!) I predict based on this that the Dale will get a draw on Saturday!!
T' 2022 cricket season on 16:14 - Aug 19 with 968 viewsAtThePeake

Bit of a reality check for Bazball there. I wonder if the selectors will ever cotton on with Crawley? He needs taking out of the firing line at this point.

Tangled up in blue.

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:36 - Aug 19 with 949 viewsD_Alien

We've had this coming

Trying to entertain is one thing - i'm all for it, when possible - but you just can't take liberties with top class bowling attacks. Well, you might get away with it every so often, but as a policy it's a recipe for long term failure

The trouble is, we've heard so much about Bazball, there'd be too many red faces to row back on it now. I predict at least a series win for SA, who play test cricket the right way. Might just be that since we were losing consistently at the back end of Root's tenure they've decided there's nowhere else to go. Not sure the sponsors and test grounds will appreciate us getting stuffed inside 3 days - inside 2 if you discount the rain-affected first day

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:22 - Aug 19 with 862 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:36 - Aug 19 by D_Alien

We've had this coming

Trying to entertain is one thing - i'm all for it, when possible - but you just can't take liberties with top class bowling attacks. Well, you might get away with it every so often, but as a policy it's a recipe for long term failure

The trouble is, we've heard so much about Bazball, there'd be too many red faces to row back on it now. I predict at least a series win for SA, who play test cricket the right way. Might just be that since we were losing consistently at the back end of Root's tenure they've decided there's nowhere else to go. Not sure the sponsors and test grounds will appreciate us getting stuffed inside 3 days - inside 2 if you discount the rain-affected first day

Lancs just recorded their highest 1 day run chase in their history with 10 balls to spare. Brilliant stuff and almost into the semi - final. A few unknowns in the squad too.Who needs Salt, Buttler, Livingstone, Villas and David at the top of the order !!! Did it without any of them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024