Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
new signings 07:50 - Jun 8 with 2884 viewssaint22

When does the window close? Sept 1?
Do we have to wait until we are well into the new season before we get any loanees thru the door?
new signings on 08:08 - Jun 8 with 2377 viewsPatfromPoole

Expect a glut of cast-offs and academy hopefuls arriving on September 1st.

HTH.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4583159/when-does-the-summer-

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

new signings on 08:42 - Jun 8 with 2329 viewsA1079

It isn't just an issue of who is leaving and coming Saint22 but the club made a lot of noise and fan fayre of dispensing with the coaching team as if it was some mammoth sea change in approach and since then not a bean or single word about who or what the next coaching team is and when they will be employed.
new signings on 09:42 - Jun 8 with 2291 viewsBridders2

new signings on 08:42 - Jun 8 by A1079

It isn't just an issue of who is leaving and coming Saint22 but the club made a lot of noise and fan fayre of dispensing with the coaching team as if it was some mammoth sea change in approach and since then not a bean or single word about who or what the next coaching team is and when they will be employed.

Maybe they are still negotiating deals with several coaches and have nothing to say yet!!!
new signings on 09:50 - Jun 8 with 2275 viewsdirk_doone

The club's policy has been to recruit players late in the window so it doesn't have to pay their wages through the summer. The downside of this is that they get little pre-season preparation. Whether this will change under the new owners, we are about to find out.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 9:50]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

new signings on 11:28 - Jun 8 with 2174 viewsSaintNick

new signings on 09:50 - Jun 8 by dirk_doone

The club's policy has been to recruit players late in the window so it doesn't have to pay their wages through the summer. The downside of this is that they get little pre-season preparation. Whether this will change under the new owners, we are about to find out.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 9:50]

If you look at any transfer window few deals get done before July, there is a brief rush before the season and then it quietens down until the final days of the window

To say that the club waits until the final weeks is untrue and just seeks to create a myth.

Last season we signed 7 players in the summer window., 3 were signed in july . 2 in early august before the season started and only Thierry Small and Lyanco after the season started.

2020 was different due to Covid, but we signed 3 out of the 4 in early august 1 month before the season started and only Diallo after the start.

Of the 5 signed in the summer of 2018 all were signed by the 13th July

2017- 4 signings, 2 in July and 1 in early august only one after the season started .

Do a bit of research Dirk, rather than go on perception the clubs policy if anything has been to try and do deals early and in the main they have managed that

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

new signings on 11:38 - Jun 8 with 2143 viewsPatfromPoole

new signings on 11:28 - Jun 8 by SaintNick

If you look at any transfer window few deals get done before July, there is a brief rush before the season and then it quietens down until the final days of the window

To say that the club waits until the final weeks is untrue and just seeks to create a myth.

Last season we signed 7 players in the summer window., 3 were signed in july . 2 in early august before the season started and only Thierry Small and Lyanco after the season started.

2020 was different due to Covid, but we signed 3 out of the 4 in early august 1 month before the season started and only Diallo after the start.

2017- 4 signings, 2 in July and 1 in early august only one after the season started .

Do a bit of research Dirk, rather than go on perception the clubs policy if anything has been to try and do deals early and in the main they have managed that

I don’t doubt they try to do deals early.

Same old situation of agents being hell-bent on getting the best deals for their players; it’s their big chance in the year to make crazy money.

Clearly a lot of brinkmanship etc.

But another aspect will be whether we agree new contracts with the likes of Romeu. Which is again where agents come in. If we can’t, then we will need to look to bring more in.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 13:05]

new signings on 11:47 - Jun 8 with 2135 viewsdirk_doone

Thank you, Nick, for confirming, as I thought, that we sign almost no players in the first 5 weeks of the 10-week window and most of them late in it.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 11:54]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

new signings on 11:59 - Jun 8 with 2107 viewssaints__fan__73

and don't forget we sold our best player, a 20 goal a season striker, the week before the season started.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

new signings on 12:46 - Jun 8 with 2054 viewsSadoldgit

The window doesn’t opened until Friday (officially) I think? Perhaps wait until 10am Friday morning to complain that we haven’t signed any one yet? 😉
new signings on 13:44 - Jun 8 with 1981 viewsDorsetIan

For as long as we're not singing anyone, there's still a chance that it'll be a new manager doing the signing.

It's going to be really disappointing if the new owners don't splash the cash a bit more liberally than 'definitely not his fault' Gao.

But I think I will be equally concerned if I see Ralph being handed big sums.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

new signings on 16:06 - Jun 8 with 1889 viewsBicester_North

Hasn’t stopped Everton getting in early for exactly the sort of player we needed.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

new signings on 17:28 - Jun 8 with 1834 viewsSadoldgit

new signings on 16:06 - Jun 8 by Bicester_North

Hasn’t stopped Everton getting in early for exactly the sort of player we needed.

We needed but probably can’t afford. Irrespective of what is happening at clubs with shedloads more money to spend on players than us, we have absolutely no idea what is happening behind the scenes as regards incoming players but let’s just assume the worst anyway. We also both know that as soon as we sign anyone there is a very good chance that the player will be roundly slagged off as a poor signing.
new signings on 18:33 - Jun 8 with 1807 viewsdarthvader

Dont need to research when we know you or that other know it all is on hand to set us straight .

And im saying this with a smile

keep the faith coyr

new signings on 18:52 - Jun 8 with 1790 viewsBicester_North

new signings on 17:28 - Jun 8 by Sadoldgit

We needed but probably can’t afford. Irrespective of what is happening at clubs with shedloads more money to spend on players than us, we have absolutely no idea what is happening behind the scenes as regards incoming players but let’s just assume the worst anyway. We also both know that as soon as we sign anyone there is a very good chance that the player will be roundly slagged off as a poor signing.

Everton are supposedly in financial difficulties as well. Tarkowski was apparently on 50k a week when he signed for Burnley, I would say a proven PL quality centre half is a necessity for Saints and if they don’t sign one there is a good chance of relegation.

That would cost a lot more than paying him, a goal scorer, a creative no 10 and a quality keeper a combined £20M a year. We either want to sign players who will do a job or bodge it on the cheap and hope there are 3 worse teams.

Hopefully the new owners prove me wrong

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

new signings on 19:52 - Jun 8 with 1739 viewsTripleNiemi

new signings on 11:38 - Jun 8 by PatfromPoole

I don’t doubt they try to do deals early.

Same old situation of agents being hell-bent on getting the best deals for their players; it’s their big chance in the year to make crazy money.

Clearly a lot of brinkmanship etc.

But another aspect will be whether we agree new contracts with the likes of Romeu. Which is again where agents come in. If we can’t, then we will need to look to bring more in.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 13:05]

What, on top of the Centre Half to replace Van Dijk / Fonte / Yoshida??

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

new signings on 20:36 - Jun 8 with 1704 viewssaintwizzler

new signings on 18:52 - Jun 8 by Bicester_North

Everton are supposedly in financial difficulties as well. Tarkowski was apparently on 50k a week when he signed for Burnley, I would say a proven PL quality centre half is a necessity for Saints and if they don’t sign one there is a good chance of relegation.

That would cost a lot more than paying him, a goal scorer, a creative no 10 and a quality keeper a combined £20M a year. We either want to sign players who will do a job or bodge it on the cheap and hope there are 3 worse teams.

Hoping on 3 worse teams than us next season.
I can see Forest staying up, so Bournemouth, Fulham and one other.
Brentford?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

new signings on 20:40 - Jun 8 with 1704 viewsTripleNiemi

new signings on 20:36 - Jun 8 by saintwizzler

Hoping on 3 worse teams than us next season.
I can see Forest staying up, so Bournemouth, Fulham and one other.
Brentford?

Christ, season hasn't even started yet

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

new signings on 21:21 - Jun 8 with 1666 viewssaintwizzler

new signings on 20:40 - Jun 8 by TripleNiemi

Christ, season hasn't even started yet

Won’t be long m’duck.
Fixtures out a week tomorrow.

new signings on 21:24 - Jun 8 with 1658 viewsNewdawn2014

new signings on 08:42 - Jun 8 by A1079

The club put a statement on the OS and I think that was it, we have always been a club that does business quietly and I hope we continue down that route .
new signings on 22:20 - Jun 8 with 1612 viewsA1079

new signings on 21:24 - Jun 8 by Newdawn2014

The club put a statement on the OS and I think that was it, we have always been a club that does business quietly and I hope we continue down that route .

I am talking about the coaching team Newdawn not potential signings. Yes, I get why we would be reserved and keep our powder dry about potential player purchases until the deal is done - in fact, I agree with that policy, but that does not apply to the coaching team. They must have known prior to the end of the season that they were going to dispense with the coaching team.
new signings on 23:34 - Jun 8 with 1563 viewssaintwizzler

When’s pre season training start?
Surely to be fûcked they’ll have new coaches and an assistant manager in to help Ralph and Richard by then!!

new signings on 23:55 - Jun 8 with 1552 viewsPatfromPoole

new signings on 23:34 - Jun 8 by saintwizzler

When’s pre season training start?
Surely to be fûcked they’ll have new coaches and an assistant manager in to help Ralph and Richard by then!!

Point of order.

Richard likes to be known as Kaiser Laptop.

new signings on 08:33 - Jun 9 with 1427 viewssolent_toffee

new signings on 18:52 - Jun 8 by Bicester_North

Everton have just released Delph,Tosun and Sigurdsson. Wages for those three are staggeringly north of £350k a week, so they are okay to get in a couple of free transfers this window.
new signings on 08:39 - Jun 9 with 1420 viewsPatfromPoole

new signings on 08:33 - Jun 9 by solent_toffee

Everton have just released Delph,Tosun and Sigurdsson. Wages for those three are staggeringly north of £350k a week, so they are okay to get in a couple of free transfers this window.

“Released” Sigurdsson…..

Interesting and potentially somewhat ironic choice of wording, sir.

new signings on 09:17 - Jun 9 with 1405 viewsMattFinish

I think our transfer window closed on June 10th
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024