Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players You Thought Were Overrated 12:17 - Oct 26 with 17132 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shilton.

A couple of really great saves here, to be fair, but many of them camera saves.

A lot also look like good saves but would be simple saves for a taller keeper.
Always thought he was overrated and overhyped, especially compared to Parkes and Clemence (both of whom were better in the air, for instance)

Either way, he was The No. 1 Goalie In The World for twenty years, apparently.
Hard to believe that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 14:54 - Oct 27 with 2477 viewsslmrstid

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 14:46 - Oct 27 by Antti_Heinola

Well, there's a new thread: players overrated on classic football games.
Kennedy Bakircoglu.

Sometimes the "Potential Ability" on Championship Manager/Football Manager could throw a curveball.

I remember on one CM03/04 save having Alessandro Pellicori on a free transfer from Lecce for my Genoa side, and together with a Belarussian striker called Pavel Beganskiy the pair of them were guaranteed 30 goals+ per season and gave me all sorts of success.

Was quite excited when Pellicori signed for us for real because he did actually have a half decent record in Serie B in real life.

Sadly as we all know he was crap.

But still I dreamed for a bit...
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 14:54 - Oct 27 with 2474 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 14:49 - Oct 27 by aston_hoop

Cherno Samba

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/cherno-samba-my-stats-on-champ-man-were-

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 14:54 - Oct 27 with 2474 viewsdaveB

Kennedy Bakircoglu.

Stern John was fantastic in Championship Manager 2000, scored the goals that took me to a champions league final with QPR
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 14:55 - Oct 27 with 2471 viewsTheChef

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 14:50 - Oct 27 by Northernr

Another vote for Joey.

Who actually rated Barton, other than himself?

Boris Johnson levels of delusion.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 15:03 - Oct 27 with 2445 viewsNorthernr

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 14:55 - Oct 27 by TheChef

Plenty, believe me.
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 15:23 - Oct 27 with 2391 viewsShotKneesHoop

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 15:03 - Oct 27 by Northernr

Plenty, believe me.

I already named Barton two pages back. Narcissus midfielder.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2022 15:24]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 15:58 - Oct 27 with 2348 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 14:55 - Oct 27 by TheChef

I’ve saw fists fly over Barton in the Lower School End once.
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 16:16 - Oct 27 with 2299 viewswelwynranger

Jose Bosingwa.
End of threaf
Login to get fewer ads

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 17:13 - Oct 27 with 2249 viewstraininvain

Kennedy Bakircoglu.

Tonton Zola Moukoko.
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 20:11 - Oct 27 with 2161 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 17:13 - Oct 27 by traininvain

Tonton Zola Moukoko.

Enough said. Ruined my chances of good GCSE results all because of Championship Manager, but i loved it! Moukoko was a must have signing.
I'm sure there a Swedish youngster as well, but i can't remember his name.
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 20:56 - Oct 27 with 2089 viewsStanisgod

Absolutely cannot believe nobody has said John Barnes.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 21:09 - Oct 27 with 2055 viewsMiss_Terraces

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 20:56 - Oct 27 by Stanisgod

Absolutely cannot believe nobody has said John Barnes.

John Barnes the Watford and Liverpool player no way. The England player fair enough on one level but the absolute disgusting level of racist abuse he received from England fans, I'm not surprised he didn't replicate it on the international scene.
I was at the England v Holland qualifier for USA 94, there was plenty of fans saying to abuse John Barnes, he then scored that free-kick. That was horrific enough I can't even begin to imagine how that would feel for your supporters to treat you in this absolute disgusting way.
One of the reasons he is so appreciated especially by the Black Community, is that he took that abuse and made it easier for the next Black generation to compete

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 21:18 - Oct 27 with 2034 viewsMiss_Terraces

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 22:31 - Oct 26 by hantssi

Can’t agree on Keane although he’s a horrible human being.
Watched him live for Man U against West Ham, he ran the show, absolutely everything went through him.
Remember the Champions League SF in 99 away at Juve?
Even though he was banned for the final he played like his life depended on it!
Current over rated, I have to agree about Mason Mount, I just can’t see what he add to a team.
Previously, Lee Dixon, if he wasn’t at Arsenal how many caps would he have won?
The answer I suspect, less than David Bardsley!!

He was a horrible person on the football pitch I'll grant you. I think off the football pitch he's far better person than most that television calls pundits.
Sir Les, Ray and Macca were completely different people off the pitch than who they were off the pitch. This is not a dig at these three, I love them for who they were off the pitch and I love them for who they were/are outside of football. I'm just giving examples that you should not judge a man by how he behaved on the pitch

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 21:32 - Oct 27 with 2002 viewsQPRSteve

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 14:54 - Oct 27 by daveB

Stern John was fantastic in Championship Manager 2000, scored the goals that took me to a champions league final with QPR

Orri Freyr Oskarsson in FM 02/03. Set up you tactics in a certain way and he'd get over a 100 goals a season due to a glitch in the match engine.
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 22:38 - Oct 27 with 1945 viewsMrSheen

For a combination of factors - lack of protection from referees, cruder surgery, poor lifestyle and nutrition perhaps - it seems that players went into earlier and steeper decline in past decades than they do now. People who only saw the likes of Bryan Robson, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Wayne Rooney, John Barnes, Paul Gascoigne, even Shearer and Beardsley in the long and often miserable twilight of their careers will never know how brilliant they were in their early 20s prime. Fans and conservative national team managers kept hoping they could recreate it when it was long beyond them.
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 23:02 - Oct 27 with 1917 viewshantssi

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 21:18 - Oct 27 by Miss_Terraces

He was a horrible person on the football pitch I'll grant you. I think off the football pitch he's far better person than most that television calls pundits.
Sir Les, Ray and Macca were completely different people off the pitch than who they were off the pitch. This is not a dig at these three, I love them for who they were off the pitch and I love them for who they were/are outside of football. I'm just giving examples that you should not judge a man by how he behaved on the pitch

Yes, to be fair from what I’m hearing about him I’ll have to withdraw my previous comments about him.
As said though I’d rather have him on my side than against me!
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 23:06 - Oct 27 with 1914 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Billy the Fish. Something just didn’t smell right about him.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 23:13 - Oct 27 with 1909 viewsdmm

Have we had Chris Samba yet? I think we all thought he'd be great and then he played for us v Fulham away...
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 19:34 - Oct 29 with 1624 viewsBlackCrowe

Sterling.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 00:38 - Oct 30 with 1518 viewslightwaterhoop

I can only really talk about QPR players as i dont see enough of players from other teams So here goes i thought David Seaman was overrated.Decent keeper but not in my top five QPR
keepers by any means.
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 06:17 - Oct 30 with 1466 viewsnumptydumpty

Duncan Wooldridge

Hated the bustard!!

Head Boy. Got all the busty six formers in a clinch.

Was captain of the school cricket and football teams and played fly half in rugby.

And was a right old conceited so and so, hence my strong beliefs that he only got to the positions he did because he sucked up big time to the teachers.

Even got a slow dance with our sexy young student mathematics teacher at sixth form disco !!!

Forty years later, I still possess my Duncan Wooldridge voo doo doll.

People have told me to let this go but how can I..

An absolute travesty of justice that still rankles today.

Green eyed monster - me - not at all !!!!!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 6:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 18:24 - Oct 30 with 1354 viewsTGRRRSSS

Great thread this.

Beckham case is interesting I actually think all things considered he maximised his ability but because he married who he did the explosion between them generating the Brand Beckham that was to become is probably what overrated him further than otherwise I think he would, all this before Social Media branding.

Ferguson in his book felt he slightly underachieved because of the outside noise albeit he became far more wealthy as a result of his marriage and marketing abilities (via looks partly).
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 19:02 - Oct 30 with 1323 viewsdigswellhoop

david seaman all goalkeeper that cant catch
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 19:23 - Oct 30 with 1305 viewsNed_Kennedys

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 00:38 - Oct 30 by lightwaterhoop

I can only really talk about QPR players as i dont see enough of players from other teams So here goes i thought David Seaman was overrated.Decent keeper but not in my top five QPR
keepers by any means.

David Seaman for me too: wouldn’t be in my top 5 QPR keepers list I don’t think.
Players You Thought Were Overrated on 20:35 - Oct 30 with 1252 viewsStanisgod

Players You Thought Were Overrated on 21:09 - Oct 27 by Miss_Terraces

John Barnes the Watford and Liverpool player no way. The England player fair enough on one level but the absolute disgusting level of racist abuse he received from England fans, I'm not surprised he didn't replicate it on the international scene.
I was at the England v Holland qualifier for USA 94, there was plenty of fans saying to abuse John Barnes, he then scored that free-kick. That was horrific enough I can't even begin to imagine how that would feel for your supporters to treat you in this absolute disgusting way.
One of the reasons he is so appreciated especially by the Black Community, is that he took that abuse and made it easier for the next Black generation to compete

Sorry, thought it was a thread on players I thought were overrated footballers.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024