Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . 22:22 - Jan 8 with 1400 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Replies to this post - I do have respect for others supporters opinions ..... But slagging JONES left, right and center is that REALLY HELPING ? Give the guy a chance PLEASE , YES he does have his own ideas/programmes ....and a different  outlooks for goodness sake ! And for the people who point to his managerial record at Stoke City ....Just look at the record of stoke's managers in the last say 20 years have been absolutely pathetic ,even O'neil an ex IRISH manager , couldn't make any headway - my opinion The Coates family( Owners ) head of the most successful bookmakers ever, with their Bet365 and built their new stadium ..... ALTHOUGH they say that they do not interfere with the manager's decisions ...... they literally have every manager's balls - in their grips every day ... just look at any managers Stoke record - let's face it only Hughes had any marginal success -  just look it up! If you want to name a Saints diabolical manager's appointment --- Remember Mauricio Pellegrino  , sacked by Saints , went to Spain with Leganés  he got them relegated from  La Lega in his first season in charge ...... and as luck would have it Hughes kept us up. The Palace game at the w/e Saints played atrociously ,  in the first half   ( another gift/mistake !! )  and got a slice of luck to win .... I sometimes wonder if there are any Saints fans on here, OR JUST MOANERS for the sake of it ? - So give Jones a chance for the reasons given in the original thread. PLEASE. 

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 22:54 - Jan 8 with 1348 viewsSaintNick

The Championship is full of clubs who in the last 10 years or so have had top 10 finishes in the premier League and even got to cup finals yet they couldnt keep it up.

Stoke, Burnley, Swansea, Sheffield United, Sunderland even Watford with an 11th place

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 23:06 - Jan 8 with 1325 viewscocklebreath

Probably didn’t NEED a new Thread

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 23:19 - Jan 8 with 1309 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 22:54 - Jan 8 by SaintNick

The Championship is full of clubs who in the last 10 years or so have had top 10 finishes in the premier League and even got to cup finals yet they couldnt keep it up.

Stoke, Burnley, Swansea, Sheffield United, Sunderland even Watford with an 11th place

Yes very true Nick, but some was questioning Jones's record at Stoke City ?

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 23:47 - Jan 8 with 1290 viewsSaintNick

Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 23:19 - Jan 8 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Yes very true Nick, but some was questioning Jones's record at Stoke City ?

That wasnt good to say the least, I do agree with a lot of what you are saying though, we have to back him now and pick up a few points before we criticise him

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 05:57 - Jan 9 with 1210 viewsmushinexile

I am unlikely to live that long.
Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 08:03 - Jan 9 with 1153 viewsCity_boy

Jones hasn't helped himself, with some very bizarre decisions (S Armstrong) and some arrogant, self pitying post match interviews blaming everyone else.

He sets the side up and yes, there have been some individual errors, but looking at the wide picture in those games, we played awful and didn't even look like scoring, choosing to just hoof long aimless diagonal balls.
This may have worked at Luton but not here with 2 strikers less than 5"10' who are not renowned for their aerial prowess.

The two results Jones has achieved, have been very fortuitous (Palace and Lincoln), otherwise the picture would be a lot worse.

Admittedly, I am not impressed with him or his approach, but agree we need to get behind team. If he turns it around and we finish mid table or survive comfortably, I will be 1st to put my hand up and say I got it wrong.
He has time, because of World Cup we are only half way through season.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 8:04]
Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 08:17 - Jan 9 with 1119 viewsRon11

'Pick up a few points before we criticise him'
If we HAD picked up a few points, then maybe there wouldn't be any criticism.
Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 09:49 - Jan 9 with 1051 viewssaints__fan__73

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 00:13 - Jan 10 with 915 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 08:03 - Jan 9 by City_boy

Jones hasn't helped himself, with some very bizarre decisions (S Armstrong) and some arrogant, self pitying post match interviews blaming everyone else.

He sets the side up and yes, there have been some individual errors, but looking at the wide picture in those games, we played awful and didn't even look like scoring, choosing to just hoof long aimless diagonal balls.
This may have worked at Luton but not here with 2 strikers less than 5"10' who are not renowned for their aerial prowess.

The two results Jones has achieved, have been very fortuitous (Palace and Lincoln), otherwise the picture would be a lot worse.

Admittedly, I am not impressed with him or his approach, but agree we need to get behind team. If he turns it around and we finish mid table or survive comfortably, I will be 1st to put my hand up and say I got it wrong.
He has time, because of World Cup we are only half way through season.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 8:04]

Good constructive points made, and some of his comments are unfounded, and sometimes he does come across as being arrogant, I agree - but if our owners have the faith , we HAVE to give the guy a chance, and just see if he is able to pull us through.

Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 09:54 - Jan 10 with 789 viewssaint901

I don't have an issue with statements from managers that are at best myopic and at worst totally misleading because they have to believe in "their" method and coaching and if they don't, then the players will stop believing.

We've all seen the "top" managers gives us reviews of games which make you wonder which match they watched. Bit like the pink Saturday night Echo where Saints always played a blinder even when we lost.

You have to hope however that on the training pitch the next day, the manager sees things differently and works on weaknesses and strengths and actually thinks about how we play better within his system.

We all have our ideas about weaknesses in the team - CB, holding mid, decent finisher - and if the manager can't recruit for those, he has to change the system to better cope with the lack.

For me, it's this lack of reaction to weaknesses that baffles me. Take the CB position. We have little quality there except for Bella-Kotchap and he seems to be fragile and not reliable.

Lyanco is good for at least one error a match and Salisu is guilty of switching off at times and allowing opposition players to drift off him.

For me the fix is a back 4 or three at the back plus full backs who don't stray too far. Stopping goals going in at the moment is going to solve 70% of the problems, so why not try it?

I see no signs that NJ has done anything about this issue. The back line at Liverpool (his first match) and now is essentially the same. There are no rumours about new players in these positions.

The cup games at the weekend saw two or three decent CB on display for lower league teams. One or two looked like they could do a job for us. Are we chasing them? Has the manager put them on his shopping list? We don't know of course, but if he has not, then let's see him react to a known problem.

For me, he's too passive and his asinine statements do nothing to make me think he has a grip.
Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 09:57 - Jan 10 with 784 viewskentsouthampton

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/23233269.manager-saints-supporter-doswell-expr

“To watch the ball get hoofed and I mean hoofed non-stop, the Lincoln game was awful and Nottingham Forest was up there with the worst I’ve seen"
Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 12:45 - Jan 10 with 729 viewszonehead

I get all that , it’s not a football thing I just don’t like the guy.
Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 12:54 - Jan 10 with 720 viewskentsouthampton

Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 09:49 - Jan 9 by saints__fan__73

He will go to Everton, they could challenge for European places if he does well, jobs like Southampton are all about just staying on the Premier League gravy train for as long as possible. He's done that gig for years.
Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 13:46 - Jan 10 with 699 viewsBerber

As rational, analytical, and still passionate beings, many have determined that the football is dire, and the new manager seems to be making it worse. Yet you expect us to zip up, shout up, and not only pretend that things aren't so bad, but even encourage the guy in hosincpmprehensible statements and doubtful methods. Nope, not me.
Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 15:29 - Jan 10 with 629 viewsHollywood56

Replies to - TOO MUCH DOOM & GLOOM . on 13:46 - Jan 10 by Berber

As rational, analytical, and still passionate beings, many have determined that the football is dire, and the new manager seems to be making it worse. Yet you expect us to zip up, shout up, and not only pretend that things aren't so bad, but even encourage the guy in hosincpmprehensible statements and doubtful methods. Nope, not me.

GET RID OF THE WELSH PRICK!!! (Slag me off if you want) but if we survive it'll be a fuc**n miracle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024