Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread 13:35 - Jan 11 with 6937 viewsSaintNick

Looks like we have all woken up this morning without contracting cup fever

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Jan 11 with 2575 viewsButty101

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:07 - Jan 11 by Butty101

What’s the point of hoods up to Mara and Armstrong

Jwp suits a more advanced role

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:25 - Jan 11 with 2496 viewskingslandstand1

Where is Blue when you want him
Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:50 - Jan 11 with 2353 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

An amazing first half - you have got to agree that our Saints were the better team in the first half -- AND NOW WE HAVE TO COUP WITH OUR ICILLIES HEAL  ..... CITY TO PLAY TOWARD THEIR SUPPORTERS ..... So how many goals for City ?

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:50 - Jan 11 with 2352 viewsCity_boy

Absolute amazing 1st half. DIdn't think I would say this, but that is probably the best 45 mins I have seen for years.

No doubt, Haaland and De Bruyne will be on soon, but if we play like that and with the same intensity for 2nd half we will be fine.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 20:50]
Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:53 - Jan 11 with 2302 viewsSouthamptonfan

Great first half. Very shocked at how well we are playing.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:57 - Jan 11 with 2279 viewsBuenosSaint

Someone texted radio solent

Hopefully saints will be as good at wasting time as when they were losing to Forest. .

Well done saints. Let's see this through.

Poll: The Long Future

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:02 - Jan 11 with 2227 viewsdarthvader

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 19:27 - Jan 11 by DorsetIan

Djenepo, Diallo, Mara, Lyanco and A Armstrong in the starting 11.

Is it some sort of Saints bingo he's playing now?...

Unbeleivable but these are the best players out there.

So far
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 21:05]

keep the faith coyr

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:14 - Jan 11 with 2164 viewsBuenosSaint

Anyone got a decent stream btw?

Poll: The Long Future

Login to get fewer ads

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:01 - Jan 11 with 1976 viewsButty101

Well played saints and the manger. He made sensible changes at the right time. great aggressive performance.

And a clean sheet

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Jan 11 with 1936 viewsRon11

Replicate that in the league and they'll stay up.
They all put in a huge shift, Lyanco was immense I thought, and Bazunu looked safe.
Nice to see some aggression and the ball going forward.
Credit where credit's due to Nathan Jones.
Now keep it going!
Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:08 - Jan 11 with 1913 viewsButty101

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Jan 11 by Ron11

Replicate that in the league and they'll stay up.
They all put in a huge shift, Lyanco was immense I thought, and Bazunu looked safe.
Nice to see some aggression and the ball going forward.
Credit where credit's due to Nathan Jones.
Now keep it going!

Just watching JWP being interviewed. He’s starting to develop a bit of a comb over like the guy from the fast show

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:10 - Jan 11 with 1898 viewssaint22

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:50 - Jan 11 by City_boy

Absolute amazing 1st half. DIdn't think I would say this, but that is probably the best 45 mins I have seen for years.

No doubt, Haaland and De Bruyne will be on soon, but if we play like that and with the same intensity for 2nd half we will be fine.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 20:50]

what a result
looked a different outfit
Now for everton please, a win there and we are on the up
Fair play to NJ and Lyanco etc super performance
Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Jan 11 with 1863 viewsA1079

That was incredible, beyond belief. I just hope it is not a one off, but tonight I cannot believe what I have just seen.

Pleased for Mara and Djenepo as well.

We weren't lucky tonight we deserved it, worked for it and made City look fairly ordinary.

I openly admit - I have egg on my face tonight but I don't mind that at all.
Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:37 - Jan 11 with 1776 viewskingslandstand1

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Jan 11 by A1079

That was incredible, beyond belief. I just hope it is not a one off, but tonight I cannot believe what I have just seen.

Pleased for Mara and Djenepo as well.

We weren't lucky tonight we deserved it, worked for it and made City look fairly ordinary.

I openly admit - I have egg on my face tonight but I don't mind that at all.

Redknap is now highlighting the pressing which reminds me of the early Ralph days!
Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 23:02 - Jan 11 with 1660 viewsA1079

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:37 - Jan 11 by kingslandstand1

Redknap is now highlighting the pressing which reminds me of the early Ralph days!

As you have no doubt realised over the years Kingslandstand I am a Saints pessimist and I always expect the worst and hope for the best and in heaven when the good happens, so I will just say, one swallow doth not a summer make. Lets see if this transfers into consistency in performance and results that changes the season or whether this was a one off.
Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 23:06 - Jan 11 with 1643 viewsBridders2

Both goals were superb, we haven't scored with such aplomb for years! Lyanco was a colossus and his pass for the goal was sublime...an all round great performance. So we know we can do it...so let's do it in the league.
Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 23:23 - Jan 11 with 1574 viewsDorsetIan

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 23:06 - Jan 11 by Bridders2

Both goals were superb, we haven't scored with such aplomb for years! Lyanco was a colossus and his pass for the goal was sublime...an all round great performance. So we know we can do it...so let's do it in the league.

This. We know we can do it because we played well from time to time under Ralph.

Until the last couple of games, we weren't sure that Jones could do it. And now we know he can. And perhaps he can be a bit more consistent that Ralph and actually build something.

Everyone contributed tonight.

Makes the Orsic signing feel even better too.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 23:48 - Jan 11 with 1526 viewsNewdawn2014

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 17:58 - Jan 11 by KriSaint

Fook *ff all U 0-3/4/5/6 cry'ers. Saints 3-2 win.
Guardiola is over rated.
Saint Nathan has sorted it out now.
GET IN!

I apologise unreservedly for my negative post but I did not think we had a chance of beating city, I am eating humble pie with some crow thrown in.
fantastic performance from every single player , still to be convinced by Nathan though .
Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 23:57 - Jan 11 with 1508 viewsSFC_Referee

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 18:44 - Jan 11 by saint22

Not to mention the one (was it MOSS) failed to award us a blatant penalty!

Yeah it was Moss, and one of the most baffling decisions I’ve ever seen, and one that even being a ref doesn’t change or perspective or opinion on whatsoever

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Jan 12 with 1201 viewsthissceptredsaint

Red & White smiles=no Maitland Niles
Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 17:59 - Jan 12 with 1142 views1885_SFC

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Jan 12 by thissceptredsaint

Red & White smiles=no Maitland Niles

One of the reasons we won - without doubt. Hope the gaffer has come to the same conclusion.

Old School is Cool

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:18 - Jan 12 with 1022 viewshedgeend61

Man City Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:25 - Jan 11 by kingslandstand1

Where is Blue when you want him

You lot kept upsetting him, he cried off when they were winning games.

He'll probably come back when Abu Dhabi buy the Champions League, may be a while though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024