Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool Game Matchday Thread 08:46 - Jan 28 with 2039 viewsSaintNick

It will be a changed team and I suspect a sparse St Mary's, certainly less than the 21,553 that saw us beat them in 1976, but we still need to win it.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 09:43 - Jan 28 with 1975 viewsgrumpy

St. Marys is not Home Fan friendly.
Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 14:05 - Jan 28 with 1854 viewsI_would

Team selection means ball forward quicker, more midfield action and certain easy win.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Jan 28 with 1706 viewsA1079

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 14:05 - Jan 28 by I_would

Team selection means ball forward quicker, more midfield action and certain easy win.

It would have been ideal to have played Che Adams and Adam Armstrong as neither of them can hit a barn door in the PL so it would be interesting to see if they can do it against a struggling Championship side. Though equally you could argue it would have been an ideal opportunity to have played Ballard and to see how he copes with the next level.
Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Jan 28 with 1673 viewsPatfromPoole

Orsic is reminding me of Neil McCann.

This is a very bad thing.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 15:36 - Jan 28 with 1666 viewsPatfromPoole

Aribo is playing far too deep.

Almost as if Jones is setting him up to fail….

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 15:44 - Jan 28 with 1646 viewsPatfromPoole

Take Lavia out of this side today; this could basically be how we would line up in the Championship next season.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 16:26]

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 16:18 - Jan 28 with 1555 viewsCity_boy

All looks very sloppy and too casual.
Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 16:25 - Jan 28 with 1534 viewsIfonly

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 15:44 - Jan 28 by PatfromPoole

Take Lavia out of this side today; this could basically be how we would line up in the Championship next season.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 16:26]

except for the new kit that they'll be selling us
Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Jan 28 with 1493 viewsmushinexile

Not me. Whatever SR are trying to make, it is not going to be Southampton Football Club, any more than an Audi Q7 is a Bentley.
Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 16:59 - Jan 28 with 1409 viewsCity_boy

Hard to draw any positives from the game today.

Constantly gave the ball away and created very little. 2-1 almost flattered us.

Can't wait to see how Jones spins his view of this result.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 16:59]
Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Jan 28 with 1356 viewsGRIM

I usually write a post after games but today was so bad that I can't be bothered.
I don't know how but we're in the last 16 of the FA Cup.
Can someone please tell me what does Walcott offer. I haven't played for 40 yrs & I could still do better than him.
NJ I've still got my boots.
Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Jan 28 with 1341 viewsclunk76

Jo Tessem on the radio said he'd never ever seen a Premier League club hump the ball as much as we did today... depressing, despite the win. Good for Peraud though. Ive always liked him!
Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 17:15 - Jan 28 with 1314 viewsA1079

A win is a win I suppose and that is a positive and so is being in the next round and we had lot of possession (just so we don't get accused of not finding the positives). It could have been a banana skin of a game and we passed it. Thought we were a bit casual at times especially once we went 2-0 up.

Perraud whenever I have seen him has delivered but seems to have to fight more than some for a place. Our so called first choice forwards could learn something from him.

I think we can be thankful we did not play against a stronger championship side let alone a PL one. It was not an enjoyable game to watch and I cannot help but feel that that Man City Carabao cup game as great as it was appears to have been a one off fluke. That said, I suppose I should allow for the fact that the team today were much changed from that evening - in the interest of balance.

Pleased we won and got through and that is about it really.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 17:25]
Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 17:48 - Jan 28 with 1212 viewsDorsetIan

They’ll be plenty of opportunity to moan when we next lose.

It’s a win. This season particularly, I‘ll snap its hand off.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 17:49 - Jan 28 with 1202 viewsBison

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 17:15 - Jan 28 by A1079

A win is a win I suppose and that is a positive and so is being in the next round and we had lot of possession (just so we don't get accused of not finding the positives). It could have been a banana skin of a game and we passed it. Thought we were a bit casual at times especially once we went 2-0 up.

Perraud whenever I have seen him has delivered but seems to have to fight more than some for a place. Our so called first choice forwards could learn something from him.

I think we can be thankful we did not play against a stronger championship side let alone a PL one. It was not an enjoyable game to watch and I cannot help but feel that that Man City Carabao cup game as great as it was appears to have been a one off fluke. That said, I suppose I should allow for the fact that the team today were much changed from that evening - in the interest of balance.

Pleased we won and got through and that is about it really.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 17:25]

I_WOULD will go mental but we missed JWP with his work rate and constantly trying to encourage the team. I can't remember the last time he wasn't in the squad and we deffo have played similar games before as in cr@p , we were not good but all in all we deserved the win I think . We played well against Newcastle and I honestly think we have a chance on Tuesday night.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 17:50 - Jan 28 with 1197 viewsgrumpy

If we had played a better championship side today we would have lost.
Doesn't bode well for next season.
Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 18:01 - Jan 28 with 1155 viewsI_would

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 17:49 - Jan 28 by Bison

I_WOULD will go mental but we missed JWP with his work rate and constantly trying to encourage the team. I can't remember the last time he wasn't in the squad and we deffo have played similar games before as in cr@p , we were not good but all in all we deserved the win I think . We played well against Newcastle and I honestly think we have a chance on Tuesday night.

Fourth win whilst JWP watches from the sidelines.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 18:05 - Jan 28 with 1146 viewsBison

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 18:01 - Jan 28 by I_would

Fourth win whilst JWP watches from the sidelines.

When is the last time you watched from the side-lines , and Nottarf Krap does not count on a Saints Forum ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 19:33 - Jan 28 with 1019 viewsdirk_doone

Two cracking goals from Perraud saw us through. Best song of the day came from the Blackpool fans, "Are you Blackpool in disguise?" They are currently second from bottom of the Championship but towards the end of the game, we looked like giant killers from the National League desperately trying to hang on to a lead against a team from a higher league. Still, a win is a win and I was happy to see us get through to the 5th round again.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Jan 28 with 1003 viewsdirk_doone

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 17:50 - Jan 28 by grumpy

If we had played a better championship side today we would have lost.
Doesn't bode well for next season.

I had the same thought. The team we fielded today would be a similar strength to or perhaps even stronger than our first team in the Championship, and it certainly looks like we would struggle to avoid two consecutive relegations. If we'd been playing up at Blackpool, we probably would have lost and that wasn't even a full strength Blackpool team as there were 5 changes from their last league game.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Jan 28 with 912 viewsBridders2

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Jan 28 by PatfromPoole

Orsic is reminding me of Neil McCann.

This is a very bad thing.

I thought Orsic did OK and will improve when he gets used to the prem. He gave the ball away a couple of times but he got to the byline and cut the ball back several times with no one reading his movement and getting into a shooting position in the box.
Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 21:24 - Jan 28 with 826 viewsButty101

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Jan 28 by Bridders2

I thought Orsic did OK and will improve when he gets used to the prem. He gave the ball away a couple of times but he got to the byline and cut the ball back several times with no one reading his movement and getting into a shooting position in the box.

We need to get bodies in the box. To many times no one gets on the end of the crosses.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 14:12 - Jan 29 with 546 viewskingslandstand1

Blackpool Game Matchday Thread on 17:48 - Jan 28 by DorsetIan

They’ll be plenty of opportunity to moan when we next lose.

It’s a win. This season particularly, I‘ll snap its hand off.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024