Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boycott the next home game 09:12 - Feb 9 with 2316 viewsHollywood56

Unless they sack Jones, I think that we should all boycott the next home game, let hem play to an empty stadium.
Boycott the next home game on 09:30 - Feb 9 with 2267 viewsfelly1

Not for me thankyou.
I still want to support the players and still have faint hopes we might win.
Boycott the next home game on 09:49 - Feb 9 with 2236 viewsSaintNick

Boycott the next home game on 09:30 - Feb 9 by felly1

Not for me thankyou.

Exactly I have just written exactly that in an article on the home page.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Boycott the next home game on 10:08 - Feb 9 with 2199 viewsPatfromPoole

I quite like the idea of an orchestrated walkout during a game, ideally fairly early in the game.

I think it’s quite powerful visually and shows that the fans are still ultimately there and turning up; they just despair at what is going on.

Doubt it would ever happen though.

A boycott is effectively what did for Branfoot, with that 9,000 crowd against Ipswich.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Boycott the next home game on 10:12 - Feb 9 with 2190 viewsRon11

Boycott the next home game on 09:49 - Feb 9 by SaintNick

Yes, it's not the fault of the players.
Jones continues to show how he treats players/anybody when he commented that Jimmy Jay Morgan leaving was 'no big deal'.
No 'good luck for the future, he's a good prospect' just a remark that will make the lad think he's glad to be out of Saints.
Boycott the next home game on 10:56 - Feb 9 with 2138 viewsdwayne_dibley

was Boycott not an alleged misogynist?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Boycott the next home game on 11:06 - Feb 9 with 2120 viewsBerber

Boycott the next home game on 10:56 - Feb 9 by dwayne_dibley

was Boycott not an alleged misogynist?

Don’t know about that, but he was convicted for assault on his partner.
Boycott the next home game on 11:08 - Feb 9 with 2119 viewsTimSaint

Boycott the next home game on 10:12 - Feb 9 by Ron11

Yes, it's not the fault of the players.
Jones continues to show how he treats players/anybody when he commented that Jimmy Jay Morgan leaving was 'no big deal'.
No 'good luck for the future, he's a good prospect' just a remark that will make the lad think he's glad to be out of Saints.

The fact that they can't pass properly, can't defend and can't score, would clearly suggest that it is also the fault of the players. :-)

TimSaint

Boycott the next home game on 11:34 - Feb 9 with 2087 viewsRon11

Boycott the next home game on 11:08 - Feb 9 by TimSaint

The fact that they can't pass properly, can't defend and can't score, would clearly suggest that it is also the fault of the players. :-)

We'll see on Saturday then.
Login to get fewer ads

Boycott the next home game on 11:47 - Feb 9 with 2064 viewsHollywood56

Boycott the next home game on 09:30 - Feb 9 by felly1

Not for me thankyou.

People like you that only winge on here are the reason that the board won't sack NJ, hence we will be relegated, enjoy your championship football next seaon.
Boycott the next home game on 12:19 - Feb 9 with 2030 viewswibbersda

Calm Down Deary
Boycott the next home game on 12:37 - Feb 9 with 2005 viewsMytchettSaint

Boycott the next home game on 11:08 - Feb 9 by TimSaint

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

We keep conceding goals from set pieces/corners. I’m sure Jones and the rest of the coaching staff don’t say during the week. Don’t bother picking them up and we’ll hope Bazuna catches it clean then we can break on the counter quickly.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Boycott the next home game on 13:21 - Feb 9 with 1943 viewsChesham_Saint

I just don’t feel inspired enough to go….the thought of travelling umpteen hours to watch that self regarding pikey oversee another insipid performance is too big an ask.

Is that the same as boycotting it? 🤔

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Boycott the next home game on 16:53 - Feb 9 with 1807 viewsHollywood56

Boycott the next home game on 12:19 - Feb 9 by wibbersda

Calm Down Deary

Who are you calling Fu**in dearey.
Boycott the next home game on 19:38 - Feb 9 with 1675 viewsdarthvader

Boycott the next home game on 10:08 - Feb 9 by PatfromPoole

I quite like the idea of an orchestrated walkout during a game, ideally fairly early in the game.

I think it’s quite powerful visually and shows that the fans are still ultimately there and turning up; they just despair at what is going on.

Doubt it would ever happen though.

A boycott is effectively what did for Branfoot, with that 9,000 crowd against Ipswich.

I went to that game.. Only because i had a free ticket thou.
Top level west stand. O-1 if i recall? Toxic times

keep the faith coyr

Boycott the next home game on 00:58 - Feb 10 with 1568 viewsLondonSaint76

Boycott the next home game on 09:49 - Feb 9 by SaintNick

Several different threads to pull together having read all the preceding posts and so difficult as I can see both sides of the argument to a certain extent - first of all I can only echo what Nick has said in his other post, whilst there is still hope we must stay behind the team during games, before and after by all means protest, but at what cost to the team's performance if we protest in-game so they are playing in a toxic atmosphere or to an empty stadium?

What a desperate situation the Board / Ankersen's ill-judged appointment of Jones has led all of us to. Put quite simply, Saturday is Catch 22 situation; if we win, it boosts our chances of staying up but equally will strengthen the Board's resolve to keep Jones on board. Lose the game and it could cast us up to 7 points adrift of safety if other results elsewhere go against us. This should guarantee Jones gets booted out but at what cost - almost certain relegation.

Picking up on the subject of this post along with Patfrompoole's comments, I was at that Ipswich game with just 9,000 others sat on my cold bench seat under the west stand and I agree it was a powerful demonstration to those on high that we'd had more than enough. That was in the days before the internet was a viable proposition and there was no social media so to co-ordinate such action was extraordinary and really got the message home beyond any reasonable doubt. The issue I have with doing that now is that our position is so precarious, if we did do it, would it have an adverse effect on the team's performance - as I say Catch 22....

One final observation, Branfoot was appointed in June 1991, that Ipswich game was December 1993, although never a popular appointment, just as Jones never was from Day 1, it took two and a half years for the Saints fans to get to the point where they did what we are talking about in this thread after Jones has been here for two and a half months!! That’s another 'Best in Europe' award for his bookshelf....

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Boycott the next home game on 06:38 - Feb 10 with 1458 viewsSouthamptonfan

I'm confident that from the off, the fans will be fully behind the team. It's a big game and the fans will do their bit from the start.

But the players have to put a shift in (hard tackling, proper marking, aggressive and attacking football). If those players really are giving blood, sweat and tears, us fans will know and will continue to support, even if we go behind. If it's rubbish (slow, ponderous) like it usually is ( remember these fans have seen just one home win all season in the league), then fans will kick off and I think that's fair enough.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024