Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... 14:43 - Feb 25 with 5204 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:44 - Feb 25 with 1229 viewssaint22

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:42 - Feb 25 by Southamptonfan

Can we blame the players yet? Or is the third manager in a row the wrong one too?

Looks like bazunu was at fault again
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:45 - Feb 25 with 1223 views10i

These subs... Made the Team worse. I honestly cant See what Mara or Walcott should bring to the Team, and how Elyounoussi stays on, i struggle to understand...
Why Edozie is Not even on the bench, as He might create something with his skills in such games....
Why KWP plays on his weaker side...
Many questions for Selles to answer. Before the three subs we were the better Team, but since then...
IT seems He planned those Before the Start of the game and He didnt adapt...
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:46 - Feb 25 with 1194 viewssaint22

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:45 - Feb 25 by 10i

These subs... Made the Team worse. I honestly cant See what Mara or Walcott should bring to the Team, and how Elyounoussi stays on, i struggle to understand...
Why Edozie is Not even on the bench, as He might create something with his skills in such games....
Why KWP plays on his weaker side...
Many questions for Selles to answer. Before the three subs we were the better Team, but since then...
IT seems He planned those Before the Start of the game and He didnt adapt...

Agreed we need a goal what do they bring
Seems the same issues exist
We spent money on a striker still can’t score
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:47 - Feb 25 with 1190 views10i

Bazunu did cost us some points... Including today...
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:48 - Feb 25 with 1175 viewssaint22

After Chelsea I had hope
But we can never beat teams around us, ever
And that’s is done now
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:49 - Feb 25 with 1168 viewsSonicBoom

This from a poster on saints Web, sun's it up..
'It’s ok, we took off the 50 million or so we spent on players in January and we’re chasing a goal with Walcott, Elyounoussi and Diallo now . '
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:49 - Feb 25 with 1167 views1885_SFC

Why does every club get that new manager bounce... except us?

Old School is Cool

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:51 - Feb 25 with 1150 viewsMrangry25

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:42 - Feb 25 by Southamptonfan

Can we blame the players yet? Or is the third manager in a row the wrong one too?

Well interesting to see that Selles was behind RH & Jones and they kept making the same subs and playing the same players week in week out, makes you wonder if our latest messiah was behind it all. I did notice that when SA was substituted there was not much eye contact going on.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:51 - Feb 25 with 1147 viewssaint22

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:49 - Feb 25 by SonicBoom

This from a poster on saints Web, sun's it up..
'It’s ok, we took off the 50 million or so we spent on players in January and we’re chasing a goal with Walcott, Elyounoussi and Diallo now . '

Yep again a manager who makes cack subs
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:53 - Feb 25 with 1135 viewsSouthamptonfan

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:43 - Feb 25 by grumpy

We have a Quality striker was doesn't see enough of the ball .
Not enough aggression today,Leeds deserve to win. Championship here we come.
Cant see us scoring so hoping the rugby will cheer me up.

Yes, the rugby should be good. Huge defeat today. We must beat Leicester but then we are away to Man U and we will still be on the bottom three. Looking ominous now, games are running out.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:54 - Feb 25 with 1122 viewsSouthamptonfan

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:46 - Feb 25 by saint22

Agreed we need a goal what do they bring
Seems the same issues exist
We spent money on a striker still can’t score

We bought a striker who isn't proven in the PL. West Ham did.

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 16:54 - Feb 25 with 1116 viewsMrangry25

THATS IT WE ARE FOOKED.
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:00 - Feb 25 with 1056 viewsDorsetIan

Oh well. Normal service resumed quicker than expected.

Jo Tessum said ‘the subs he brought on just aren’t a threat in this league’. He’s bang on with that.

Another defeat by one goal. Another without a clean sheet. Another without a goal from open play. We’re ticking all the wrong boxes.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:02 - Feb 25 with 1046 viewsSouthamptonfan

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:00 - Feb 25 by DorsetIan

Jo Tessum said ‘the subs he brought on just aren’t a threat in this league’. He’s bang on with that.

Another defeat by one goal. Another without a clean sheet. Another without a goal from open play. We’re ticking all the wrong boxes.

Bring back Ings a few months ago, instead of another unproven young player, and some of the boxes get ticked. They never learn.

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:02 - Feb 25 with 1042 viewsSFC_Referee

Everything about today was just simply shite!
We were, Leeds were (but less soo, hence why they deservedly won), the ref was shit, Ruben was shit, starting 11 was shit, us away fans were shit, everything was shit!

I do genuinely wonder of wtf were we playing like we wanted to get a draw outta today for and not go for a win!? As we’ve only just gone and beaten Chelsea away, yet today Ruben was playing like we wanted a draw, against the one team we could probably beat away! As the tactics were poor and that’s exactly what cost us in the end!

But even then, why was Elynoussie and Nile’s in the starting 11? As they were both the only two shite players against Chelsea, yet they still start, over the likes of Alcarez and KWP.

As our next game against Leicester next weekend is a game in which if we loose then I do think we are well and truly relegated!

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:05 - Feb 25 with 1024 views1885_SFC

Awful, awful result. Never troubled Meslier once. His kit is still sparkling clean at full time. Such an important game too with so much at stake.

Absolutely deflated beyond belief. I had high hopes after the Chelsea game - but that's my own fault because I've supported Saints long enough to know that when it comes to the really big games that matter - they always manage to let you down... like today.

Can't honestly see any escape from the drop. Are there 3 teams worse than us? I think not.

Another weekend ruined. Bloody football eh...

Old School is Cool

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:08 - Feb 25 with 987 viewsTimSaint

After all the hope of a new dawn after last week's win at the Bridge, the players are back down to earth with a totally pathetically uninspiring performance, backed up with bewildering substitutions.

Yet again we have limped to defeat against a team directly competing with us for league positions. As if letting Villa and Wolves do the double over us was bad enough, we have thrown away points or not turned up against the likes of Forest, Everton, Fulham, Brighton, Brentford and now Leeds.

This was a must not lose game and we just plodded around, content not to attack, then once we conceded a poor goal (again Baz at fault) we never looked like scoring. Pathetic from players and management alike.

TimSaint

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:09 - Feb 25 with 978 viewsNinja9

Should have kept Ralph and gave him the cash to spend that Jones was given .
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:09 - Feb 25 with 978 viewsSouthamptonfan

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:05 - Feb 25 by 1885_SFC

Awful, awful result. Never troubled Meslier once. His kit is still sparkling clean at full time. Such an important game too with so much at stake.

Absolutely deflated beyond belief. I had high hopes after the Chelsea game - but that's my own fault because I've supported Saints long enough to know that when it comes to the really big games that matter - they always manage to let you down... like today.

Can't honestly see any escape from the drop. Are there 3 teams worse than us? I think not.

Another weekend ruined. Bloody football eh...

When we were looking for a manager, Gracia wasn't mentioned. But, that's a good appointment. He was excellent at Watford and finished one season in the top half. Other clubs have acted with bringing in players and managers. I do like Selles, but as you say, I can't see three worse teams. Bournemouth, Forest maybe, but the others will survive.

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:10 - Feb 25 with 973 viewsBridders2

What happened to our high press? There was no pressure up front, not enough urgency.
And too much passing around the back where we nearly lost it on several occasions.
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:11 - Feb 25 with 964 viewsSouthamptonfan

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:09 - Feb 25 by Ninja9

Should have kept Ralph and gave him the cash to spend that Jones was given .

Oh yes, remember Ralph? I agree with you. Let's not blame the players or the board because it was all Ralph's fault some fans said. It's been a disaster from the very top. The managers arn't miracle workers.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 17:12]

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:13 - Feb 25 with 947 viewssaint22

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:00 - Feb 25 by DorsetIan

Terrible subs, I just cannot see how those happen!!

Didn’t realise Leeds hadn’t won in ten
Of course they beat us we are a free hot for teams on a bad run

Boro away next season
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:29 - Feb 25 with 893 viewskingslandstand1

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:02 - Feb 25 by Southamptonfan

Bring back Ings a few months ago, instead of another unproven young player, and some of the boxes get ticked. They never learn.

Reality is that we know Ings wouldn't have come back so we could have dreamt about it but that's all
Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:36 - Feb 25 with 859 viewsSouthamptonfan

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:29 - Feb 25 by kingslandstand1

Reality is that we know Ings wouldn't have come back so we could have dreamt about it but that's all

Yes, true but put the total cost of Kamaldeen and Onuachu together, buy a striker for 40 million that's proven instead, again it gives us a better chance. They keep buying young, unproven players time and time again. The squad is bloated with them all and none of them have the quality we need.

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:46 - Feb 25 with 813 views1teeminants

Leeds v Saints Matchday Thread... on 17:02 - Feb 25 by Southamptonfan

What the hell makes you think Ings would want to come back here ffs it’s been well documented he didn’t want to come back.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024