Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal on Friday 16:30 - Apr 18 with 2079 viewsMattFinish

So which team will Mad Dog Ruben randomly pick on Friday?

Ruben's nailed on automatic choices are Bazunu, JWP, KWP, Bednarek, Sulemana and Maitland-Niles

So in defence assuming he was so impressed with Maitland-Niles pathetic attempt at impersonating a right back he'll be in, played out of position at RB with KWP played out of position at LB. CB will be Bednarek and possibly Bella-Kotchap or knowing Selles's mindset there could be an inexplicable return for Caleta-Car or Lyanco or both.

Midfield will be JWP and hopefully Lavia but I would not be surprised to see him replaced by Diallo. I'm sure Elyounoussi will be back so toss a coin for the other midfielder being between Sulemana, Djnepo and Edozie. I fully expect Alcaraz to be dropped as he was substituted on Saturday when looking like our best hope of getting back into the game

Up front will be Theo and anyone else who isn't 6'-8" with a 35 goal per season scoring record, probably between Sulemana and Mara. Mara, who hadn't scored in the league all season until scoring v City then as a reward gets completely dropped against Palace

There is no rhyme nor reason behind Selles's team selections so it wouldn't at all surprise me if Orsic suddenly found himself starting.

Whatever the team, the approach will be as always — try not to get beat

I'd like to see Selles say WTF we're virtually down so let's go sh*t or bust versus Arsenal and pick a team capable of winning.

I'd go with

GK: Bazunu or McCarthy. Personally I think McCarthy is a better shot stopper but they're both pretty poor
RB: KWP
LB: Perraud the player most likely to provide the crosses for Tall Paul
CB: Bella-Kotchap
CB: Ideally Salisu if he can be arsed
MF: Lavia
MF: JWP
MF: Alcaraz
MF: Orsic
FWD: Tall Paul
FWD: Adams if fit or if not why not throw Stuey or Djnepo in

When you look at that squad and think we spent a total net spend of £149m this season how the hell are we starting with Theo as a lone striker?
Arsenal on Friday on 16:54 - Apr 18 with 2045 viewsdwayne_dibley

might stand a chance with Man City players

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Arsenal on Friday on 17:17 - Apr 18 with 2020 viewsMytchettSaint

I can’t understand how fans sang to Nathan Jones that his football was sh1t but Ralph mark II hasn’t suffered that ignominy yet.

My two sons are going. I think they’re mad

Anyway back to the question,

We will deffo start 11 players, until the tombola has been drawn, I doubt even Ruben knows. One thing is certain, we will play players out of their normal position.

F*ck it, we haven’t seen Lyanco in a while so I expect him to randomly start.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Arsenal on Friday on 19:54 - Apr 18 with 1943 viewsgrumpy

Brilliant,Matt 😀 Agree with your team choice but sadly there’s more chance of me winning the Euro loto.
Arsenal on Friday on 21:37 - Apr 18 with 1898 viewsfelly1

It all depends on who has the best metrics on Rasmus's spreadsheet.
Arsenal on Friday on 22:54 - Apr 18 with 1832 views1885_SFC

Selles The Supercoach won't be picking Maitland-Niles on Friday night cos he can't play against his parent club... thank fook.

Hopefully we'll see KWP and Perraud played in their proper positions... but even that's never a given with Selles the Shuffler.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 22:54]

Old School is Cool

Arsenal on Friday on 22:56 - Apr 18 with 1826 viewsSouthamptonfan

Not a chance. We have definitely lost. 5 nil defeat if we are lucky.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Arsenal on Friday on 08:41 - Apr 19 with 1743 viewsSaintNick

Arsenal on Friday on 22:54 - Apr 18 by 1885_SFC

Selles The Supercoach won't be picking Maitland-Niles on Friday night cos he can't play against his parent club... thank fook.

Hopefully we'll see KWP and Perraud played in their proper positions... but even that's never a given with Selles the Shuffler.

Perraus seems to be one of those players that flatters to deceive, he is a decent squad player nothing much more, but because he charges forward a bit he has a few admirers

We are in the position we are due to having to play those that are not really up to it.

If Livramento had been fit back in January as we had hoped the full back pairing would have been him and KWP at right back

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Arsenal on Friday on 09:33 - Apr 19 with 1713 views1885_SFC

Arsenal on Friday on 08:41 - Apr 19 by SaintNick

Perraus seems to be one of those players that flatters to deceive, he is a decent squad player nothing much more, but because he charges forward a bit he has a few admirers

We are in the position we are due to having to play those that are not really up to it.

If Livramento had been fit back in January as we had hoped the full back pairing would have been him and KWP at right back

I like Perraud. He can put a decent cross in (shame tall Paul never plays at the same time when we're crying out for a goal) and he always puts a shift in. He's also someone who likes to get forward. Sure, he's made the odd error here & there... but which Saints player hasn't this season?

Selles has his favourites though and Perraud isn't one of them. We'll probably start with Aribo at LB on Friday... or Ely.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal on Friday on 14:48 - Apr 19 with 1663 viewssledger

Arsenal on Friday on 17:17 - Apr 18 by MytchettSaint

I can’t understand how fans sang to Nathan Jones that his football was sh1t but Ralph mark II hasn’t suffered that ignominy yet.

My two sons are going. I think they’re mad

Anyway back to the question,

We will deffo start 11 players, until the tombola has been drawn, I doubt even Ruben knows. One thing is certain, we will play players out of their normal position.

F*ck it, we haven’t seen Lyanco in a while so I expect him to randomly start.

at least lyanco would bring some physicality and violence to the team rather than roll over for a belly rub
Arsenal on Friday on 15:15 - Apr 19 with 1656 viewsGRIM

Perraud might not be a World beater but he's the best left back / left wing back that we have. At least he's a 100% trier.
If he plays we get KWP back in his best position of Right Back.
It's all about playing players where they are most comfortable, take them out of their comfort zone & they underperform.
We don't have many players that are good enough for the Premier lge, but to get the best out of them they have to play in their best position.
Don't overthink team selections & complicate what is a simple game.
Ruben throw away that laptop & stick to basics.
Arsenal on Friday on 15:18 - Apr 19 with 1655 viewssaints__fan__73

Arsenal on Friday on 14:48 - Apr 19 by sledger

at least lyanco would bring some physicality and violence to the team rather than roll over for a belly rub

And an absolute howler per game which will cost us a goal so swings and roundabouts really...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Arsenal on Friday on 16:26 - Apr 19 with 1633 viewsPatfromPoole

Guilty as charged, I’m a Perraud admirer.

Has a little bit of the Colleter nutcase in him as well, I feel, which I think a spell in the Championship could really develop.

I’d make him captain personally.

He just needs a song…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Arsenal on Friday on 21:59 - Apr 19 with 1531 viewsMattFinish

Arsenal on Friday on 22:54 - Apr 18 by 1885_SFC

Arsenal must be gutted
Arsenal on Friday on 22:31 - Apr 19 with 1499 viewsdirk_doone

Arsenal on Friday on 16:26 - Apr 19 by PatfromPoole

Has a little bit of the Colleter nutcase in him as well, I feel, which I think a spell in the Championship could really develop.

He just needs a song…..

Most Saints' fans are. He's been one of our best players this season and would certainly be in the Top 3 for Player of the Season votes
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 22:44]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Arsenal on Friday on 23:22 - Apr 19 with 1446 viewscocklebreath

Arsenal on Friday on 22:31 - Apr 19 by dirk_doone

Most Saints' fans are. He's been one of our best players this season and would certainly be in the Top 3 for Player of the Season votes
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 22:44]

It’s a low bar this season, other than Lavia I can’t think of a player who’s done well.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Arsenal on Friday on 07:47 - Apr 20 with 1394 viewsMattFinish

I think Perraud has possibly been our best player and it’s inexplicable why Selles keeps dropping him for the lumbering M-N

Perraud is certainly the player who plays with the most passion.
Arsenal on Friday on 08:35 - Apr 20 with 1372 viewssaintwizzler

Arsenal on Friday on 07:47 - Apr 20 by MattFinish

I think Perraud has possibly been our best player and it’s inexplicable why Selles keeps dropping him for the lumbering M-N

Perraud is certainly the player who plays with the most passion.

Add to this if he is available why switch one of our 3 players (KWP) that would get into a ‘the big seven’ squad to Left Back where becomes a lesser player?

But then again in recent times we’ve seen Djenepo and Højbjerg played at Left Back…

Football is a simple game. Why do these managers over complicate it?

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Arsenal on Friday on 11:30 - Apr 20 with 1323 viewsIfonly

Arsenal on Friday on 15:15 - Apr 19 by GRIM

Perraud might not be a World beater but he's the best left back / left wing back that we have. At least he's a 100% trier.
It's all about playing players where they are most comfortable, take them out of their comfort zone & they underperform.
We don't have many players that are good enough for the Premier lge, but to get the best out of them they have to play in their best position.

This
Arsenal on Friday on 11:47 - Apr 20 with 1300 viewsButty101

from his press conference

more ramblings of a mad man

Southampton manager Ruben Selles on bouncing back after conceding: "The thing we need to challenge right now is that when we concede the first goal we are not able to get back in the game in the next 10 or 15 minutes. That's the challenge.

"We need to be more consistent in those moments because we have chances. It's so hard to score a goal in the Premier League.

On dealing with defeat: "Every result that goes against us - we are hurt. Everybody is working hard but the important thing is the next day we come here, work hard, talk about it and go again.

"I'm going to be still here until the very last and I'm going to take everyone with me, with the energy and the know-how. It's a challenge, but I can do it.

"We are not giving any signal that we can be broken. We know we need to be more robust and consistent."

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Arsenal on Friday on 21:14 - Apr 20 with 1186 viewsmancuniansaint

Arsenal on Friday on 16:26 - Apr 19 by PatfromPoole

He just needs a song…..

100% agree about Perraud. Unfortunately he's been messed about so much by all 3 managers this season that he'll want back to France at the earliest opportunity - regardless of the many fans who appreciate his effort.
Arsenal on Friday on 21:21 - Apr 20 with 1184 viewsPatfromPoole

Arsenal on Friday on 11:47 - Apr 20 by Butty101

Southampton manager Ruben Selles on bouncing back after conceding: "The thing we need to challenge right now is that when we concede the first goal we are not able to get back in the game in the next 10 or 15 minutes. That's the challenge.

"We need to be more consistent in those moments because we have chances. It's so hard to score a goal in the Premier League.

On dealing with defeat: "Every result that goes against us - we are hurt. Everybody is working hard but the important thing is the next day we come here, work hard, talk about it and go again.

"I'm going to be still here until the very last and I'm going to take everyone with me, with the energy and the know-how. It's a challenge, but I can do it.

"We are not giving any signal that we can be broken. We know we need to be more robust and consistent."

“It’s so hard to score a goal in the Premier League.”

Not against us, it isn’t, Ruben…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Arsenal on Friday on 21:40 - Apr 20 with 1168 views1885_SFC

Arsenal on Friday on 21:21 - Apr 20 by PatfromPoole

Not against us, it isn’t, Ruben…..

If you don't play any of your strikers up front it is, Ruben...

Old School is Cool

Arsenal on Friday on 08:24 - Apr 21 with 1053 viewsA1079

Arsenal on Friday on 15:15 - Apr 19 by GRIM

Agreed GRIM. I am a bit of a fan of Perraud. He is not the perfect article but who is for our team this year? He shows some passion and has actually scored a couple of good goals.
Arsenal on Friday on 09:21 - Apr 21 with 1025 viewsRon11

Arsenal on Friday on 11:47 - Apr 20 by Butty101

'When' we concede the first goal'.Not 'if'.
Negativity right from the start.
Arsenal on Friday on 09:24 - Apr 21 with 1020 viewsRon11

Arsenal on Friday on 08:24 - Apr 21 by A1079

Agreed GRIM. I am a bit of a fan of Perraud. He is not the perfect article but who is for our team this year? He shows some passion and has actually scored a couple of good goals.

He's scored goals in the Premiership. No mean feat, and he's not even a striker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024