Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sean Dyche 18:40 - May 28 with 3103 viewssaint22

I guess we will just never know
But anyone with an ounce of football acumen could easily have known he was a far better bet than the Welsh gimp SR chose
And I reckon we would be the same as Everton are now if that was their choice
WABOC
Sean Dyche on 20:23 - May 28 with 2947 viewsCapt_Koons

I think you're probably right. But doing the obvious is not the SR way.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Sean Dyche on 20:27 - May 28 with 2939 viewsarfurdent

wtf what is done is done

the club does not have the funding to play with the big tossers

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Sean Dyche on 20:32 - May 28 with 2931 viewsSouthamptonfan

Agreed. Always wanted Dyche, but I knew these "philosophy, possession, identity, Southampton way, data driven, young prospect wannabees would never have appointed such a self-assured proper manager who takes no sh!t. They wanted a yes man who agrees with an identity and all that bollox.
[Post edited 28 May 2023 20:33]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Sean Dyche on 20:54 - May 28 with 2887 viewssolent_toffee

When Saints played Everton in January one of my Saints mates remarked before the game that whoever loses could end up staying up as they will sack the manager and get the available Dyche.

He’s done a great job in rubbish circumstances, just keeps his head down and doesn’t make it all about him.

On a more positive note, at least Saints will never have to visit Goodison again, which I know you all hate
Sean Dyche on 21:22 - May 28 with 2831 viewsBerber

Sean Dyche on 20:23 - May 28 by Capt_Koons

I think you're probably right. But doing the obvious is not the SR way.

If it isn’t broken consider breaking it. Eventually we’ll be back, and they will claim that it works. Doh!
Sean Dyche on 21:38 - May 28 with 2809 viewsinthebox

I don't think any manager could get much out of the squad we have at present, they simply can't handle the pressure. Dyche will probably be the first managerial casualty next season, I could be wrong but Potter might be more their kind of manager.
Sean Dyche on 10:43 - May 29 with 2583 viewsNumber_58

Sean Dyche on 20:54 - May 28 by solent_toffee

When Saints played Everton in January one of my Saints mates remarked before the game that whoever loses could end up staying up as they will sack the manager and get the available Dyche.

He’s done a great job in rubbish circumstances, just keeps his head down and doesn’t make it all about him.

On a more positive note, at least Saints will never have to visit Goodison again, which I know you all hate

Aside from all our terrible results up there, I think football will be poorer for losing Goodison Park, and I'm glad I made it to the game in January. It is, as Simon Inglis wrote, a footballing cathedral amongst the rows and rows of terraced houses. Like The Dell, it's a real shame that redevelopment was impossible due to the lack of space. For old time's sake, I'd like to think at the new stadium they'll erect some pillars to obscure the view and install a few rickety old wooden seats with no legroom.
Sean Dyche on 11:14 - May 29 with 2549 viewsareasix

If you want to take a manager that kept Burnley in the Prem just season after season all be it on a shoestring and then got relegated fine and now managers a Prem team that survived on the last day of the season after spending over £600m on players recently great but I would rather take some risks and find a hidden gem just like Brighton , Brentford managers and use some of the buys that actually have potential of which we have 5 or 6 and add Tella and a couple of the original team to build again.

I hate this pool of 15 or so managers that keep getting recycled from one club to another , there must be other managers out there just waiting for the chance and have huge potential we just got to find one and that is the hardest part of the jigsaw.
Login to get fewer ads

Sean Dyche on 12:16 - May 29 with 2511 viewsSteveMoron

Two wins in 12 for Everton. We'd have been down anyway.
Sean Dyche on 17:00 - May 29 with 2435 viewssolent_toffee

Sean Dyche on 12:16 - May 29 by SteveMoron

Two wins in 12 for Everton. We'd have been down anyway.

21 points from 18 games. Has he came in during the World Cup, I think Everton would have finished comfortably away from the relegation spots. As it was Lampard was given Wolves, Brighton and Saints at home and lost all three.
Sean Dyche on 18:27 - May 29 with 2362 viewsRon11

Sean Dyche on 21:38 - May 28 by inthebox

I don't think any manager could get much out of the squad we have at present, they simply can't handle the pressure. Dyche will probably be the first managerial casualty next season, I could be wrong but Potter might be more their kind of manager.

Sulemana looked like he could handle just about anything yesterday.
But Selles comes out with some feeble comment about 'learning'.
Sean Dyche on 11:32 - May 30 with 2096 viewsSaintNick

Sean Dyche on 20:54 - May 28 by solent_toffee

Dyche had a decent central defensive partnership and goalkeeper to work with, which is the backbone of the way he plays I am not sure he could have done much with our options

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sean Dyche on 16:40 - May 30 with 2049 viewssolent_toffee

Sean Dyche on 11:32 - May 30 by SaintNick

Dyche had a decent central defensive partnership and goalkeeper to work with, which is the backbone of the way he plays I am not sure he could have done much with our options

Speaking of your centre half’s, I’ve seen Everton linked with Salisu.

What’s the score with him, has he downed tools or injured. Either way unless he’s out of contract, I can’t see it happening.
Sean Dyche on 16:44 - May 30 with 2046 viewsareasix

If you want to take a manager that kept Burnley in the Prem just season after season all be it on a shoestring and then got relegated fine and now managers a Prem team that survived on the last day of the season after spending over £600m on players recently great but I would rather take some risks and find a hidden gem just like Brighton , Brentford managers and use some of the buys that actually have potential of which we have 5 or 6 and add Tella and a couple of the original team to build again.

I hate this pool of 15 or so managers that keep getting recycled from one club to another , there must be other managers out there just waiting for the chance and have huge potential we just got to find one and that is the hardest part of the jigsaw.
Sean Dyche on 16:53 - May 30 with 2041 viewsPatfromPoole

Sean Dyche on 16:40 - May 30 by solent_toffee

What’s the score with him, has he downed tools or injured. Either way unless he’s out of contract, I can’t see it happening.

He strained his back due to his lightning-fast long throws.

And also downed tools.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Sean Dyche on 17:03 - May 30 with 2035 viewssaints__fan__73

Sean Dyche on 20:27 - May 28 by arfurdent

wtf what is done is done

the club does not have the funding to play with the big tossers

We had more than £160m to spend on transfer fees alone this season so should have been enough to keep pace with Palace, Brentford, Fulham, etc.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Sean Dyche on 22:38 - May 30 with 1954 viewshedgeend61

Sean Dyche on 16:40 - May 30 by solent_toffee

ST, don't worry, you've wasted enough money (we've caught the bug) on rubbish these last few year's, all our CB's are useless and not up to PL level, Sean's not daft.

Connor Coady is miles better than anything we've got, and he spends more time on the bench at Everton than the pitch
Sean Dyche on 07:01 - May 31 with 1900 viewssolent_toffee

Sean Dyche on 22:38 - May 30 by hedgeend61

ST, don't worry, you've wasted enough money (we've caught the bug) on rubbish these last few year's, all our CB's are useless and not up to PL level, Sean's not daft.

Connor Coady is miles better than anything we've got, and he spends more time on the bench at Everton than the pitch

I’m hoping Everton sign Coady, at 4.5 million it’s a bit of a no brainer. Maupay aside, Everton’s transfers last summer were decent. McNeill, Tarkovski and the excellent Garner cost less than 30million combined.

Hopefully some lessons have been learned from the past.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024