Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday's game 12:41 - Jan 11 with 2500 viewsPatfromPoole

I know that some will already have be down as a merchant of doom.

However, I am genuinely nervous about Saturday's game.

Haven't had a good feeling about it since Monday.

Hoping that after their great run, Sheff Wed are due a bad game and this weekend is it.

Please feel free to come back on here and relentlessly take the piss if we win 5-0 on Saturday. I will be delighted to be wrong about this one.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saturday's game on 12:44 - Jan 11 with 2484 viewsPatfromPoole

I think in truth this partly is due to my memory of Sheff Wed being a bit of a bogey side in the past.

I remember ironically enough when they had our old players Hirst and Carlton Bloody Palmer, they always seemed to beat us.

Times have moved on, but the more superstitious / deranged (take your pick) amongst us tend to get a bad feeling about certain oppo teams.

Saturday's game on 12:54 - Jan 11 with 2456 viewsfranniesTache

Their record at the Dell was really bad (for us), I can barely remember beating them there from the early 80's till we left.

Their record at St Maey's is really bad (for them) and i'm fairly sure they've hardly won there.

So couple that with our unbeaten run and the fact they've got Rohl and it's a nailed on away win
Saturday's game on 13:05 - Jan 11 with 2428 viewsPatfromPoole

Saturday's game on 12:54 - Jan 11 by franniesTache

Their record at the Dell was really bad (for us), I can barely remember beating them there from the early 80's till we left.

Their record at St Maey's is really bad (for them) and i'm fairly sure they've hardly won there.

So couple that with our unbeaten run and the fact they've got Rohl and it's a nailed on away win

Glad to see it’s not just me then, mush……

Saturday's game on 14:00 - Jan 11 with 2342 viewsSaintNick

Saturday's game on 13:05 - Jan 11 by PatfromPoole

Glad to see it’s not just me then, mush……

No it is just you, but that doesn't mean you are wrong to be worried, complacency is our biggest enemy and which is why we conceded late goals against Rotherham & Huddersfield

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saturday's game on 14:32 - Jan 11 with 2293 viewscocklebreath

Pessimistic Pat is back.
I was there when the Wallace brothers all started a game for first maybe only time against Sheff Wednesday . We lost.
I also have a bit of a bad feeling about this one

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saturday's game on 16:36 - Jan 11 with 2202 viewskingslandstand1

Surely you were at the Dell in '84 with a 5-0 win following a 0-0 draw up there?? And we did get a 2-1 win in August or whenever it was so yet another double is surely on the cards??
Saturday's game on 17:40 - Jan 11 with 2143 viewsA1079

You are not alone Pat. I have the same vibe but hoping that it proves to be the wrong vibe. I am going and looking forward to it, but a bit uneasy. Sheff Wed have turned a corner and only now did I realise that Danny Rohl is the manager and their results have improved since he took over - he clearly has something as I think Hassenhuttl was better with him.
Saturday's game on 07:17 - Jan 12 with 1965 viewssaint22

Saturday's game on 17:40 - Jan 11 by A1079

You are not alone Pat. I have the same vibe but hoping that it proves to be the wrong vibe. I am going and looking forward to it, but a bit uneasy. Sheff Wed have turned a corner and only now did I realise that Danny Rohl is the manager and their results have improved since he took over - he clearly has something as I think Hassenhuttl was better with him.

Damn shame he wasn’t persuaded to stay
Still unsure why he left? Undermining Ralph I would imagine
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday's game on 08:00 - Jan 12 with 1927 viewsHeisenberg

Saturday's game on 12:44 - Jan 11 by PatfromPoole

I think in truth this partly is due to my memory of Sheff Wed being a bit of a bogey side in the past.

I remember ironically enough when they had our old players Hirst and Carlton Bloody Palmer, they always seemed to beat us.

Times have moved on, but the more superstitious / deranged (take your pick) amongst us tend to get a bad feeling about certain oppo teams.

That would be the Carlton Palmer who got more England caps than Le Tiss.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Saturday's game on 08:25 - Jan 12 with 1906 viewsSonicBoom

I guess we are all getting nervous because the streak can't go on forever and with each game now we must be getting closer to it ending.
Saturday's game on 09:14 - Jan 12 with 1870 viewsHollywood56

Saturday's game on 08:00 - Jan 12 by Heisenberg

That would be the Carlton Palmer who got more England caps than Le Tiss.

Hoddle never forgave Le Tiss for turning him down when he was the manager at Chelski, so when he became manager of England it was payback time for the moron.
Saturday's game on 10:28 - Jan 12 with 1839 viewsSaintNick

Saturday's game on 07:17 - Jan 12 by saint22

Damn shame he wasn’t persuaded to stay
Still unsure why he left? Undermining Ralph I would imagine

No he got offered the assistant managers job at Bayern Munich, he was at RB Leipzig with Ralph so there was no friction

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saturday's game on 12:57 - Jan 12 with 1759 viewsfranniesTache

Saturday's game on 10:28 - Jan 12 by SaintNick

No he got offered the assistant managers job at Bayern Munich, he was at RB Leipzig with Ralph so there was no friction

I was told at the time that both the club and Ralph were desperate for him to stay as he was the person who had the relationship with the players.

By all accounts Ralph was terrible at man management and actually isolated players rather than engage with them, whereas Rohl was the one that built relationships and was seen as the "go to" for the players themselves.

His decision to leave - again from what i understand - was more to do with the fact that it was Bayern rather than anything else, and I also heard internally to the club Rohl leaving was actually seen as potentially more damaging than had Ralph left.
Saturday's game on 13:08 - Jan 12 with 1751 viewsTimSaint

Saturday's game on 16:36 - Jan 11 by kingslandstand1

Surely you were at the Dell in '84 with a 5-0 win following a 0-0 draw up there?? And we did get a 2-1 win in August or whenever it was so yet another double is surely on the cards??

I was there, literally on a school night !!
FA Cup - 0-0 at Hillsborough and 5-1 at the Dell in the replay
I think Moran and Armstrong scored for us

...but that was 40 years ago !!

They used to be a bogey side for us - I think they were unbeaten in about 8 years against us in the 90's, but we have won our last 5 games in a row against them, doing the double over them in our Championship Promotion season, 2 subsequent League Cup wins (1 on pens) and the win on this season's opener. No reason why we can't go on to do the double over them again this season.
[Post edited 12 Jan 13:10]

TimSaint

Saturday's game on 13:27 - Jan 12 with 1720 viewsDorsetIan

Saturday's game on 12:57 - Jan 12 by franniesTache

I was told at the time that both the club and Ralph were desperate for him to stay as he was the person who had the relationship with the players.

By all accounts Ralph was terrible at man management and actually isolated players rather than engage with them, whereas Rohl was the one that built relationships and was seen as the "go to" for the players themselves.

His decision to leave - again from what i understand - was more to do with the fact that it was Bayern rather than anything else, and I also heard internally to the club Rohl leaving was actually seen as potentially more damaging than had Ralph left.

When some of us back then were wondering whether it wasn't a coincidence that Ralph's results started to drop off when Rohl left, I can remember one ITK (can't remember which) claiming that he left under a cloud.

Difficult to know how to digest such stuff. Going because Bayern came calling seems a very simple and logical explanation, and it is now really interesting to see him doing well in a managers role.

Something did seem to go missing for Ralph when he left.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saturday's game on 19:16 - Jan 13 with 1506 viewsPatfromPoole

Who in their right mind thought we might lose today?

Honestly FFS….

Saturday's game on 19:32 - Jan 13 with 1481 viewsSouthamptonfan

Saturday's game on 19:16 - Jan 13 by PatfromPoole

Who in their right mind thought we might lose today?

Honestly FFS….

I can't think who it could be. Anyone who likes just a little bit of negativity, f@cking Ipswich won.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Saturday's game on 19:37 - Jan 13 with 1467 viewsSFC_Referee

Saturday's game on 19:32 - Jan 13 by Southamptonfan

I can't think who it could be. Anyone who likes just a little bit of negativity, f@cking Ipswich won.

Yeah but thankfully they’re playing Leicester away next Monday, so as long as we can get a result against Swansea, then with Leicester loosing today that may be a win-win game for us, although I still struggle to see us catching Leicester, so would certainly prefer them to win than anything else

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Saturday's game on 19:42 - Jan 13 with 1464 viewsSouthamptonfan

Saturday's game on 19:37 - Jan 13 by SFC_Referee

Yeah but thankfully they’re playing Leicester away next Monday, so as long as we can get a result against Swansea, then with Leicester loosing today that may be a win-win game for us, although I still struggle to see us catching Leicester, so would certainly prefer them to win than anything else

As long as Ipswich don't win, any other result would be good for us. Ideally, a draw would be good I suppose.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Saturday's game on 10:16 - Jan 14 with 1249 viewsBridders2

Saturday's game on 12:57 - Jan 12 by franniesTache

My lad's local team had a training session and tour at Staplewood last summer, it was a great opportunity for me to quizz some of the staff who had been there for years.
And what you say is spot on. Ralf was seen as arrogant and rude and everyone was happy to see him go. (Which is totally at odds with this public/TV persona, which made him seem humble, sensitive 'man of the people' and very likeable).
Roll on the other hand was a good communicator and well liked, so we lost a key part of the management set up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024