Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton FC Survey 15:59 - Feb 27 with 2028 viewsButty101

First 10 questions nothing about the matchday experience - just personal questions and how much money i spend at SFC. I bailed at this point

//////////////////////////////////////////
"Help us shape the next chapter in our St Mary’s story by taking part in this survey. We want you to share your views on proposed changes to the stadium.

Your feedback so far has helped us start preparing to create a red and white wall at St Mary’s Stadium to enhance the matchday atmosphere and upgrade your experience.

We're looking for your input again to help guide how we progress:"

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton FC Survey on 16:48 - Feb 27 with 1576 viewsarfurdent

worked through a bunch of stupid questions.

Suspect the survey was window dressing for the proposed stadium layout with away scum moved to the Chapel/ Kingsland corner. This means the middle part of the Kingsland will fill up with Saints headbangers who want to stand and throw abuse at the away scum.

As I am currently located in Block 28 I am not impressed. Suspect there will be an exodus from the Kingsland Chapel south to the north end if there is room.

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Southampton FC Survey on 17:48 - Feb 27 with 1518 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton FC Survey on 16:48 - Feb 27 by arfurdent

Suspect the survey was window dressing for the proposed stadium layout with away scum moved to the Chapel/ Kingsland corner. This means the middle part of the Kingsland will fill up with Saints headbangers who want to stand and throw abuse at the away scum.

As I am currently located in Block 28 I am not impressed. Suspect there will be an exodus from the Kingsland Chapel south to the north end if there is room.

Is that layout taken from the survey?? Fkn hope not .................. it'll be a nightmare!
Southampton FC Survey on 17:58 - Feb 27 with 1516 viewsBLEEDRED

It's all a tick box exercise, Everything has been decided, all the safe standing materials ordered. Nothing anyone puts in this survey will make any difference. I still don't think the majority are in favour! But as long as a few on fan panels bang on about how the Northam Kop will create a wall of noise for 90mins (dream on)
Southampton FC Survey on 18:04 - Feb 27 with 1499 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton FC Survey on 17:58 - Feb 27 by BLEEDRED

It's all a tick box exercise, Everything has been decided, all the safe standing materials ordered. Nothing anyone puts in this survey will make any difference. I still don't think the majority are in favour! But as long as a few on fan panels bang on about how the Northam Kop will create a wall of noise for 90mins (dream on)

Fkng stupid idea. Leave as is and attack (figuratively/verbally speaking) the away fans from both sides as at the moment

So where do the current family orientated fans now go to, and others that have been in that part of the ground (me included!) for the last 20 odd years!
Southampton FC Survey on 19:24 - Feb 27 with 1419 viewsarfurdent

Southampton FC Survey on 17:48 - Feb 27 by kingslandstand1

Is that layout taken from the survey?? Fkn hope not .................. it'll be a nightmare!

taken from SFC website FAQs

so this is the done deal

they can shove it

Southampton FC Survey on 19:53 - Feb 27 with 1367 viewshedgeend61

Southampton FC Survey on 16:48 - Feb 27 by arfurdent

Won't have to worry about Saints headbangers in the Kingsland, seats too expensive there, they'll relocate to blocks 20/21 in the Chapel next to the away fans, cheaper tickets.

Even someone of low IQ could see it would make far more sense to use blocks 34-39 for away fans in the Kingsland, keep away coaches in Brittania Rd, maybe provide a separate walkway for just away fans into that corner from BR, and won't have to move Family Zone, which if it happens means 12 blocks of ST holders will have will have to relocate instead of 6.

Someone probably got paid for coming up with this old pony.
Southampton FC on 21:12 - Feb 27 with 1280 viewsSalisburySaint

Southampton FC Survey on 19:53 - Feb 27 by hedgeend61

Won't have to worry about Saints headbangers in the Kingsland, seats too expensive there, they'll relocate to blocks 20/21 in the Chapel next to the away fans, cheaper tickets.

Even someone of low IQ could see it would make far more sense to use blocks 34-39 for away fans in the Kingsland, keep away coaches in Brittania Rd, maybe provide a separate walkway for just away fans into that corner from BR, and won't have to move Family Zone, which if it happens means 12 blocks of ST holders will have will have to relocate instead of 6.

Someone probably got paid for coming up with this old pony.

Have to disagree with your suggestion off Blocks 34-39 for away fans

The set up of the ground and turnstiles in that area would mean you’d have to make substantial changes to ground structure, and also if left like it currently is would mean you’d have to give all the seats in that area even if only bring 500 fans. It would be totally impractical

Still don’t see any sense in moving away fans, getting hoards of away fans to and from the ground to the railway station will be far more difficult for Police to control than if away fans are left were they currently are imo
Southampton FC on 21:19 - Feb 27 with 1263 viewsShirtNumbers

Southampton FC on 21:12 - Feb 27 by SalisburySaint

The set up of the ground and turnstiles in that area would mean you’d have to make substantial changes to ground structure, and also if left like it currently is would mean you’d have to give all the seats in that area even if only bring 500 fans. It would be totally impractical

Still don’t see any sense in moving away fans, getting hoards of away fans to and from the ground to the railway station will be far more difficult for Police to control than if away fans are left were they currently are imo

I'm not sure if I've seen anyone actually say that this is a good idea.

Spending lots of money to please no one. I for one think it won't work

Good stuff Saints.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton FC on 22:02 - Feb 27 with 1222 viewshedgeend61

Southampton FC on 21:12 - Feb 27 by SalisburySaint

Fair enough, rarely sat that side, would it be such a ballache the other end of Kingsland for their daft idea?

Fmob's, You'd been forgiven for thinking it was April 1st for someone (on wages no doubt) could come up with such a nonsensical idea.

Wasted millions on useless players last season, lets waste a bit more.
[Post edited 27 Feb 22:04]
Southampton FC Survey on 23:14 - Feb 27 with 1155 viewsLondonSaint76

I think the best bet (although more costly) would be to add a 4,000 capacity second tier above the existing Northam Stand or Chapel Stand to cater for away fans, if you stack the two tiers vertically, not go further back like the Newcastle away end you eliminate any risk of stuff getting throw down from the upper tier. Also add Perspex side screens to the upper tier so nothing comes sideways either. No disruption to any ST holders anywhere. Expanded capacity to 36,000 in total so more seats for Saints fans for big games, the family section could be extended giving more concessions too. Ability to offer 4,000 away tickets on a reciprocal basis. Far more control over the visiting fans. Millwall on Saturday for example, lock them in for half an hour afterwards, gives police the chance to get all their ducks in a row then just get them out of our City ASAP. Think they also missed a trick not putting a small Old Trafford style platform on the railway line behind the Kingsland then run a few trains pre/post match on a triangular pattern in and out of the stadium platform. Back to Millwall again, just load them straight onto a 12 coach special train or two stopping Waterloo only, out the ground, straight onto a train or coach, goodye and good riddance.
I’d be very peeved if I was a ST holder in 27 or 28 as no way can they move everyone into an equivalent seat surely? Likewise, post move in 27 - imagine being near 28 post-move with the planks supporting the oppo sat feet away from you every week….
Yes, I know this would cost more but has many long term benefits IMO.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Southampton FC Survey on 09:45 - Feb 28 with 983 viewsBLEEDRED

It would have been much better to build 4000-5000 stand above the Northam, but it will never happen (cost too much) As far as I can make out, no one in the family stand wants to move. Those in Blocks 29/30 defiantly don't want to be next to the away fans, so many will move. Those in the Chapel tend to be family/older groups and have no desire to be near away fans. The club state that the away fans will be able to get to the train station easily (I don't know what the route will be? Though St Marys Churchyard ??)
It would be far simpler to make Blocks 34- 42 and possibly block 33 the home area and put safe standing into the top half of these blocks, okay it will not be a home end in the true sense but should ensure that all the singers and those that will create the wall of sound!!! Can do so.
I still cannot see 3000 fans moving into the Northam. But it doesn't make any différance because the decision has already been made and all this survey rubbish is just a tick box exercise.
Southampton FC Survey on 11:03 - Feb 28 with 926 viewsarfurdent

are the SMS PR faries actually playing games by releasing an intial proposal which is designed to upset the maximum amount of fans and then look good when they roll it back

Southampton FC Survey on 11:13 - Feb 28 with 918 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton FC Survey on 19:24 - Feb 27 by arfurdent

taken from SFC website FAQs

so this is the done deal

they can shove it

Not approved by Police and never will be.

Can you imagine if the Millwall fans were located in the Chapel last weekend...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton FC Survey on 11:17 - Feb 28 with 910 viewsgrumpy

Southampton FC Survey on 11:13 - Feb 28 by saints__fan__73

What would have happened?
Southampton FC Survey on 11:27 - Feb 28 with 875 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton FC Survey on 11:17 - Feb 28 by grumpy

What would have happened?

Utter carnage as Millwall fans intent on causing trouble would have been forced to exit via the retail estate and confronted with thousands of home fans exiting the same way.

It would have been ten times worse than what happened in Brittania Road.

It doesn't matter how much you want it Grumps. The away fans will never be moved to the Chapel.

Southampton FC Survey on 11:55 - Feb 28 with 852 viewsgrumpy

Southampton FC Survey on 11:27 - Feb 28 by saints__fan__73

Utter carnage as Millwall fans intent on causing trouble would have been forced to exit via the retail estate and confronted with thousands of home fans exiting the same way.

It would have been ten times worse than what happened in Brittania Road.

It doesn't matter how much you want it Grumps. The away fans will never be moved to the Chapel.

Keep the way fans in at the final whistle,happens a lot in other grounds.
The away fans are not in the Chaple.
[Post edited 28 Feb 11:58]
Southampton FC Survey on 12:02 - Feb 28 with 835 viewsBLEEDRED

Southampton FC Survey on 11:13 - Feb 28 by saints__fan__73

I presume it must have been approved by the police and council to be this far down the line, stating work will start in the summer, all the safe standing materials ordered
Southampton FC Survey on 12:50 - Feb 28 with 785 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton FC Survey on 12:02 - Feb 28 by BLEEDRED

I presume it must have been approved by the police and council to be this far down the line, stating work will start in the summer, all the safe standing materials ordered

Two different things.

Putting safe standing into the Northam will happen.

Moving the away fans won't.

Southampton FC Survey on 12:53 - Feb 28 with 781 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton FC Survey on 11:55 - Feb 28 by grumpy

Keep the way fans in at the final whistle,happens a lot in other grounds.
The away fans are not in the Chaple.
[Post edited 28 Feb 11:58]

Where are they proposed to be going then Einstein?

The club say the proposed location is to where the family area is at present which is in the Chapel. Or Chaple as you call it..

Southampton FC Survey on 13:04 - Feb 28 with 758 viewsgrumpy

Southampton FC Survey on 12:53 - Feb 28 by saints__fan__73

Where are they proposed to be going then Einstein?

The club say the proposed location is to where the family area is at present which is in the Chapel. Or Chaple as you call it..

22-28 look more in the Kingsland to me.
Southampton FC Survey on 13:07 - Feb 28 with 752 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton FC Survey on 13:04 - Feb 28 by grumpy

22-28 look more in the Kingsland to me.

Should have gone to Specsavers?

I don't think the Family stand has ever been described as being in the Kingsland?

Southampton FC Survey on 13:13 - Feb 28 with 744 viewsgrumpy

Southampton FC Survey on 13:07 - Feb 28 by saints__fan__73

Should have gone to Specsavers?

I don't think the Family stand has ever been described as being in the Kingsland?

So are you saying none of the away fans will be located in the corner of the Kingsland? Because the majority are.
I suggest you're the one needing glasses.
[Post edited 28 Feb 13:14]
Southampton FC Survey on 13:14 - Feb 28 with 742 viewsUTS1885

No issue with the safe standing thats clearly a good idea, but moving away fans is a crazy idea. A huge increase in potential away fan home fan issues as dispersal in that corner will be far worse.
Southampton FC Survey on 13:16 - Feb 28 with 740 viewsfranniesTache

Really think they're "fixing" a problem that doesn't need fixing.

They should just keep the layout the same, make it safe standing from the itchen north to the kingsland north, keep one block of the walk up pay on the day only, make the itchen north over 25's only.

The idea that making the northam and "end" will help atmosphere is weird too, for a start we've had amazing atmospheres in the past with the ground as it is, plus I don't actually believe we have the extra 6k noisy fans we'd need for it to be filled, so it'll just end up with the same amount of people making noise anyway.

It's all pie in the sky b*llocks based on some fantasy of what creates an atmosphere that hasn't existed for a generation in the game, and arguably has never existed for Saints as a culture anyway as we've always had small groups split to different parts of the ground (archers, west stand terrace, under the east, milton, northam, itchen north etc.)
Southampton FC Survey on 13:23 - Feb 28 with 734 viewsgrumpy

Southampton FC Survey on 13:16 - Feb 28 by franniesTache

Really think they're "fixing" a problem that doesn't need fixing.

They should just keep the layout the same, make it safe standing from the itchen north to the kingsland north, keep one block of the walk up pay on the day only, make the itchen north over 25's only.

The idea that making the northam and "end" will help atmosphere is weird too, for a start we've had amazing atmospheres in the past with the ground as it is, plus I don't actually believe we have the extra 6k noisy fans we'd need for it to be filled, so it'll just end up with the same amount of people making noise anyway.

It's all pie in the sky b*llocks based on some fantasy of what creates an atmosphere that hasn't existed for a generation in the game, and arguably has never existed for Saints as a culture anyway as we've always had small groups split to different parts of the ground (archers, west stand terrace, under the east, milton, northam, itchen north etc.)

You cant compare the Dell to St. Marys.
The club are trying to change the small group syndrome and should be encouraged not find negatives all time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024