Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread 15:11 - Mar 12 with 42323 viewsMonkey_Roots

Will we be Top Cat or just another sorry looking, well beaten pussy?

If this goes badly, Spaceman can come back…

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:24 - Mar 16 with 2444 viewsrbee

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:16 - Mar 16 by dutch

Some of you lot seem to think we support Bayern bloody Munich. We were the away team, playing against a side ten (roughly) places above us in the league, we were the better side, created much the better chances and never really looked like conceding. Al the teams around us lost, and we have just gone a point closer to survival, with (almost) the best goal difference of any team in the shake up. I'll take that any day.

Dutch I do hear you but if somebody read your post they would assume that we had won the game!

We didn't.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:25 - Mar 16 with 2416 viewsstevec

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:20 - Mar 16 by kensalriser

Bah. Forget their league position, they've lost the last six games and have half the first team out injured. We should have won that. Would have done if we'd been any of the other six teams that have played them.

Let’s remember, by now we should know that we’re not very good, it’s just about staying up no more.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:26 - Mar 16 with 2373 viewsStanisgod

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 16:51 - Mar 16 by CLAREMAN1995

Just was about to type that Armstrong needs to hammer those opposite post every time a juicy rebound available if its saved

Did it 4 times Doh !

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:27 - Mar 16 with 2372 viewsManinBlack

I think the disappointment of the result today stems from the fact Sunderland had lost six on the bounce so typically we end their losing run. Had Sunderland been unbeaten in 6 we would think it was a good result.

My personal disappointment with today is that Sunderland were terrible and we couldn't win at their place. We were terrible in our last two home fixtures against them and they scored three winning twice at our place. We have no killer instinct and still cannot beat them since their return from league one.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:28 - Mar 16 with 2344 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Seriously, Birmingham have just lost at home to an out-of-form Watford. They had zero shots the other night against Boro. Dozzell now on the bench. That’s the game we need to be turning up...
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:29 - Mar 16 with 2321 viewsSuperhoops2808

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:08 - Mar 16 by connell10

We got a point mate , we didn't lose the game. People need to get a grip.We are in the position we are in because we are not very good, so a point Away to Sunderland I'll take everyday.

I agree with everything you said there, except for the part 'We are not very good'

That suggests present tense when in truth we WERE not very good. Now we are doing ok, but the team is in a position that the pressure is telling.

Think we have already seen this team is a confidence team, and last weekend knocked that a bit and put the pressure back on.

This was a game we would have lost 4-5 months ago, so clean sheet and point into the International Break with a few weeks for Marti to continue his work and the added bonus of everyone else around us tripping up I'll happily take

Bring on Birmingham for the real 6 pointer
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:30 - Mar 16 with 2316 viewsdm97

Bham, Swans, SW and Plymouth. Was always going to come down to those games. Getting points against Sunderland/PNE/Hull/Cov is a positive, but win 2/3 of those and we’ll survive.

Bring on Easter.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:30 - Mar 16 with 2312 viewsrbee

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:25 - Mar 16 by stevec

Let’s remember, by now we should know that we’re not very good, it’s just about staying up no more.

True, but you look at our team with experienced Premier League players, plenty of attacking talent with Willock, Chair, Andersen and the strength and pace of Armstrong.

Marti must scratch his head and wonder, like the rest of us do, why aren't we very good!?
Login to get fewer ads

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:33 - Mar 16 with 2259 viewsR_from_afar

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:02 - Mar 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

Tbh today doesn't change much. The crucial matches are coming up and if we fail to beat the likes of Birmingham then we deserve to go down.

The trouble is, this squad, while it is improving, has shown that it cannot be relied upon to win key games, let alone a whole string of them

I feel like that *was* a crucial game, but at least we didn't lose.

It's going to be a close run thing unless we knock out three or four wins in the next four games. Nerve racking stuff

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:35 - Mar 16 with 2222 viewsManinBlack

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 16:41 - Mar 16 by qprd

not much else to do in sunderland....

Except go to Newcastle for the night life...
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:39 - Mar 16 with 2176 viewsNorthantsHoop

We need to get real about our position, 4 months ago under Ainsworth we were going down we now have a decent manager are taking points and winning away games where we usually do nothing. Our real problem is not winning games at home, but let's face it we have dragged ourselves from being 5 points from safety to now being out of the bottom 3 and with a fair chance of Championship survival.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:39 - Mar 16 with 2173 viewsqprxtc

The bottom three does NOT include Queens Park Rangers. At present. Fuc k the universe. All matter, matters there.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:40 - Mar 16 with 2145 viewsbosh67

Let’s be positive

1. We’re on 40 points. Something of a barrier we stumble at.
2. We didn’t lose.
3. Sunderland didn’t get a shot on target.
4. Clean sheet.
5. This is the sort of game we mostly lose.
6. We’re better than Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham so we need to put them to the sword.

Just have to be ruthless and get our home form in order.

7. It’s QPR we’ll beat Leeds.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:45 - Mar 16 with 2075 viewsdaveB

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:40 - Mar 16 by bosh67

Let’s be positive

1. We’re on 40 points. Something of a barrier we stumble at.
2. We didn’t lose.
3. Sunderland didn’t get a shot on target.
4. Clean sheet.
5. This is the sort of game we mostly lose.
6. We’re better than Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham so we need to put them to the sword.

Just have to be ruthless and get our home form in order.

7. It’s QPR we’ll beat Leeds.

Agree with all this but losing last week and not beating West Brom means when you get a chance like this you have to take it

Win those 2 home games and we will be in a good position
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:46 - Mar 16 with 2064 viewsstevec

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:30 - Mar 16 by rbee

True, but you look at our team with experienced Premier League players, plenty of attacking talent with Willock, Chair, Andersen and the strength and pace of Armstrong.

Marti must scratch his head and wonder, like the rest of us do, why aren't we very good!?

In terms of strikers we are League Two and that’s on a good day.

It’s testimony to the rest of the side that, despite that chronic handicap, we’re not fighting it out with Rotherham for last place.

Polter had me rolling about on the floor at the time, little did I know he was of Haaland proportions compared to what we started with this season.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:52 - Mar 16 with 1986 viewsBedford_R

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:45 - Mar 16 by daveB

Agree with all this but losing last week and not beating West Brom means when you get a chance like this you have to take it

Win those 2 home games and we will be in a good position

It's QPR we'll beat Coventry and Leeds....

RMH_R Reborn

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:54 - Mar 16 with 1951 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:35 - Mar 16 by ManinBlack

Except go to Newcastle for the night life...

Last time I went on a night out in Newcastle, it was a brisk October Friday. I was heading for the tiles when a stretch limo pulled out in front of me. Out popped 3 ladies in high heels and mini skirts. It was only when I walked past that I realised it was Nan, Mum and granddaughter.
[Post edited 16 Mar 17:55]
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:55 - Mar 16 with 1944 viewsrbee

True Steve but the way we set up and play is to compensate for the lack of a striker.

All too many times, despite Marti, despite the upturn in form, we are still saying Missed Opportunity.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 18:03 - Mar 16 with 1835 views1JD

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:02 - Mar 16 by baz_qpr

Agree with the above Sunderland were terrible

But really below par from a number of players today, Dykes, Chair, Paal, Colback all well below what they can do. Hodge was dreadful when he came on too. Getting less convinced with Dunne at right back every game. And even saying that we should have one 2-0 the fact that MOTM has to go to Hayden, Cook or my choice Clarke-Salter against such a poor team says much.

Need to see far more accountability from the attacking players it felt complacent!

Don’t get Hodge at all, looks largely anonymous to me whenever he’s had a chance. And doesn’t seem to have a position - he’s neither a box to box 8, or a number 10. And too small and weak to be a number 6 defensive playmaker type.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 18:22 - Mar 16 with 1686 viewsSpaceman_P

is it to crude to say we need to F Brum up the Bum??
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 18:24 - Mar 16 with 1657 viewsBurnleyhoop

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:08 - Mar 16 by connell10

We got a point mate , we didn't lose the game. People need to get a grip.We are in the position we are in because we are not very good, so a point Away to Sunderland I'll take everyday.

IMO we’re a decent striker from being a top 8 team. Would trade all 3 of our strikers for one half decent that has a bit of pace and can finish. Clueless and toothless up front
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 18:34 - Mar 16 with 1583 viewsperpignanR

If you mean bum them in the gob, then yes.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 18:38 - Mar 16 with 1557 viewsRed_Ranger

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 16:58 - Mar 16 by lassel

Absolutely turgid unfortunately.

They’ve been on the beach for weeks and even gifted us 2 great chances and we still couldn’t win.

The only saving grace is that everyone else around lost too.

you dont know what you are talking about.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:00 - Mar 16 with 1385 viewsdmm

Today's match heatmap showing where players touched the ball is a strange one:
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1731876/Live/England-Championship-2023-2024-Su
Click on 'heatmaps' just above the pitch

That large gap down the middle of Sunderland's half is very unusual and I'm not too sure what it tells us about Cifuentes' tactics today.
[Post edited 16 Mar 19:02]
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 19:03 - Mar 16 with 1379 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:04 - Mar 16 by lassel

I mean the majority of this season has been turgid and that was no different.

In the second part, this was our easiest game left this season and we dropped 2x points. Hence everyone else around not winning so the only good thing out of this round of games.

‘Easiest’ is a bit hyperbolic.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024