Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live 21:57 - Mar 12 with 1605 viewsSaintNick

Im not talking about those that you never saw because they were youngsters or you werent bothering going at the time, but those that never got a game.

The obvious one for me was Martin Caceres, joined after we lost both Fonte who left and Van Dijk injured in January 2017, Caceres was out of contract and a free agent and we had just Yoshida and the recent Premier League debutant Jack Stephens in the centre of defence.

Strangely Caceres would play just one game away at Middlesbrough on 13th May he looked the part there but wouldnt play again, he was still only 29 and went on to play for a number of clubs in Italy and is still playing for LA Galaxy this season.

Strange that he never got a game, if we had played him in the League cup final we might have won

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 22:07 - Mar 12 with 1580 viewsPatfromPoole

I never saw Dani Osvaldo.

I wasn’t going much around that time, sadly. My wife inconveniently got herself a Saturday job…..
[Post edited 12 Mar 22:08]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 22:14 - Mar 12 with 1564 viewsSaintNick

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 22:07 - Mar 12 by PatfromPoole

I never saw Dani Osvaldo.

I wasn’t going much around that time, sadly. My wife inconveniently got herself a Saturday job…..
[Post edited 12 Mar 22:08]

I think I saw both of his good games

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 22:40 - Mar 12 with 1531 viewssaintwizzler

I was at Middlesbrough for the Caceres game. It was the last away game of the Puel season.
A season where I’d decided to do every game home and away.
Never done it before and I won’t again.

A season ending 8th in the table and a cup final.
We all know what happened after that…

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 22:59 - Mar 12 with 1506 viewsSaintNick

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 22:40 - Mar 12 by saintwizzler

I was at Middlesbrough for the Caceres game. It was the last away game of the Puel season.
A season where I’d decided to do every game home and away.
Never done it before and I won’t again.

A season ending 8th in the table and a cup final.
We all know what happened after that…

Good times come and go, you never know what is round the corner, though with the Premier League and football these days it is becoming more predictable

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 07:15 - Mar 13 with 1364 viewssaintwizzler

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 22:59 - Mar 12 by SaintNick

Good times come and go, you never know what is round the corner, though with the Premier League and football these days it is becoming more predictable

Villa have gate crashed the big boys partaay this season, but it seems reading into it and talking to Villa huns, if they don’t qualify for CL then a firesale will happen.
FFP and that.

But well done to them, employed a top manager, spent wisely and have transformed Watkins into a superb PL striker.

Sports Republic did the opposite.
Until of course Russell Martin was appointed then eieieio up the football league we go.

I wonder what happens if we fail in our promotion bid this season?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 07:20 - Mar 13 with 1353 viewssledger

we will win lots of games again
Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 14:34 - Mar 13 with 1152 viewsTimSaint

I saw him play a few times, but missed Tadanari Lee's only goal for us - against Derby I believe, in a 3 or 4-0 win.

My cousin loved Benali, but was on holiday when he scored his 1 and only goal for us (at the right end). I bought the t-shirt just to wind him up.

TimSaint

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 14:39 - Mar 13 with 1148 viewssaints__fan__73

Marcelo Tejara

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 15:45 - Mar 13 with 1113 viewsMytchettSaint

Kleber Chala and Sergey Gotsmanov.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 15:46 - Mar 13 with 1111 viewsericofarabia

On the flip side a couple of rarities for me are seeing Kanchelskis and The Loch Ness Drogba in a Saints shirts 😜
Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 19:34 - Mar 13 with 1030 viewsdirk_doone

CB Fry

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 19:52 - Mar 13 with 1014 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 19:34 - Mar 13 by dirk_doone

CB Fry

My Grandad saw him play a away game in Turkey, it was delightful 😆
Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 23:01 - Mar 13 with 946 viewsLondonSaint76

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 14:34 - Mar 13 by TimSaint

I saw him play a few times, but missed Tadanari Lee's only goal for us - against Derby I believe, in a 3 or 4-0 win.

My cousin loved Benali, but was on holiday when he scored his 1 and only goal for us (at the right end). I bought the t-shirt just to wind him up.

Talking of good wind ups, a mate of mine had a Sunderland supporting friend down from the North East the weekend we beat them 8-0. Sent him back on the train from Kings X the next day with a packed lunch for the journey that included a box of After Eight mints!!
[Post edited 13 Mar 23:02]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 08:01 - Mar 21 with 693 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Cosimo Sarli, supposedly the next Paolo Rossi.
Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 08:54 - Mar 21 with 671 viewsNumber_58

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 15:45 - Mar 13 by MytchettSaint

Saw Chala play for the reserves at Staplewood a few times. Mystifying how he could look so totally out of his depth even in our reserve team when he played 86 times for his country. I read somewhere yesterday that Sergei has sadly been diagnosed with Parkinsons recently.
Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 10:53 - Mar 21 with 612 viewsfranniesTache

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 08:01 - Mar 21 by Manhattan_Lynx

Cosimo Sarli, supposedly the next Paolo Rossi.

I saw him play a preseason Saints game at Bashley I think, he was completely unremarkable
Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 13:07 - Mar 21 with 564 viewsNumber_58

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 10:53 - Mar 21 by franniesTache

I saw him play a preseason Saints game at Bashley I think, he was completely unremarkable

To be fair to him, he'd probably never played at a ground with ponies poking their heads over the fence.
Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 13:57 - Mar 21 with 533 viewsShirtNumbers

Are we able to count the 2020/21 lockdown season?? If so then I can think of plenty.

If not, Iago Falque. Played about 60 minutes at home to Leicester in 2012 then never played again. I didn't go that game.
Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 16:25 - Mar 21 with 486 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 15:45 - Mar 13 by MytchettSaint

I saw both Kleber Chala and Sergei Gotsmanov, and wished I hadn't.

I think both were possibly signed mainly to pal up with an existing better-known player - Delgado for Chala, and Cherednik for Gotsmanov.

As with Pahars / Bleidelis.

It's never a good sign when a player's main attribute is their ability to play snooker with their colleague of a random weekday afternoon.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saints Players You Never Saw Play Live on 17:20 - Mar 21 with 453 viewssaint901

Terry Spinner.

Played one game back in 70's.

I think he was a local boy who went on to play semi pro.

Never saw him play his one first team game, but I did play with him in the youth sides between 1972 and 1974.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024