Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For Others 11:20 - Apr 18 with 1444 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62353/saints-announce-ne

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 11:24 - Apr 18 with 1429 viewsfranniesTache

Seems pretty sh*t to me, they've effectively dropped prices in six blocks then increased them everywhere else and dropped the genuinely cheap prices in the chapel.

Proper "dead cat" behaviour to hide that they're screwing 90% of the match going fans
Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 11:33 - Apr 18 with 1397 viewschasaint80

If we get promoted to the Premier league I wouldn't be renewing anyway, as the premier league as a product is aimed at television viewers.

But the new location of the family stand and 10/15% price increase means I probably won't be renewing either way now.
Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 12:14 - Apr 18 with 1305 viewssaints__fan__73

We're Palace, We're Palace, We're Palace and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it.

Whhhhhhoooooo-whoooooooooooooooo

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 12:32 - Apr 18 with 1271 viewsButty101

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 11:33 - Apr 18 by chasaint80

If we get promoted to the Premier league I wouldn't be renewing anyway, as the premier league as a product is aimed at television viewers.

But the new location of the family stand and 10/15% price increase means I probably won't be renewing either way now.

Liverpool fans were kicking off as they had a 2% price increase. 10/15% is bloody greedy but then the club is skint. Next season will be challenging regardless of where we are

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 12:39 - Apr 18 with 1253 viewsTripleNiemi

Initial thoughts are that this seems like a lot of upheaval for little end product. That said, I will gladly admit I am wrong if the new Kop end roar us on like scales never witnessed before at St Mary’s. Sadly though me thinks the masses who love the ‘limbs’ and social media element will now shift to the away end areas and that the Northam will become a morgue.
[Post edited 18 Apr 12:44]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 12:50 - Apr 18 with 1220 viewsUTS1885

This really is poor that the majority of fans are paying for something that will not achieve its aims.
Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 13:11 - Apr 18 with 1148 viewssaint901

Seems I need to make the most of my tickets for the Stoke game at home because I won't be going next season.

I'm a Kingsland boy usually - Block29/30 partly because I like the view from there; partly because at my age mixing it with aggy away fans is not something I welcome; partly because I arrive at the Central station and walk in thru the industrial estate. Seems that two out of those three will not be available next season.

The view will be the same but I'll be near the away fans. My experiences with them has never been good and I don't wish to repeat it. It also seems I'd have to come in over the bridge and then navigate the space between the stand and the bike racks with a lot of away fans giving it large around turnstile F?

No thanks.

Time to buy that TV subscription for me.
Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 13:11 - Apr 18 with 1148 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 12:39 - Apr 18 by TripleNiemi

Initial thoughts are that this seems like a lot of upheaval for little end product. That said, I will gladly admit I am wrong if the new Kop end roar us on like scales never witnessed before at St Mary’s. Sadly though me thinks the masses who love the ‘limbs’ and social media element will now shift to the away end areas and that the Northam will become a morgue.
[Post edited 18 Apr 12:44]

I'm not so sure they will move to the away end areas.

I would expect a strong clampdown on standing in parts of the ground which are neither the Northam nor the new away end.

The novelty would very soon wear off on being forced to sit down, I would suggest.

I wouldn't go if I had to sit.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 13:57 - Apr 18 with 1065 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 13:11 - Apr 18 by saint901

Seems I need to make the most of my tickets for the Stoke game at home because I won't be going next season.

I'm a Kingsland boy usually - Block29/30 partly because I like the view from there; partly because at my age mixing it with aggy away fans is not something I welcome; partly because I arrive at the Central station and walk in thru the industrial estate. Seems that two out of those three will not be available next season.

The view will be the same but I'll be near the away fans. My experiences with them has never been good and I don't wish to repeat it. It also seems I'd have to come in over the bridge and then navigate the space between the stand and the bike racks with a lot of away fans giving it large around turnstile F?

No thanks.

My thoughts exactly
Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 14:17 - Apr 18 with 1028 viewsLondonSaint76

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 13:11 - Apr 18 by saint901

No thanks.

Just had a thought - the on-site Club shop, as of next season, it will be located quite close to the area outside the ground where the away fans will be present. I imagine quite a few people, especially those with kids in tow pay a pre or post match visit to the shop - would you want to do that with a potentially large percentage of the 3,000 away fans in the immediate area?

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 15:37 - Apr 18 with 959 viewscocklebreath

Ffs it’s not the 70’s you’re not gonna get smacked round the head with a pool ball in a sock. We sound like a right bunch of fairy’s worrying about away fans mixing with us, it’s not a problem these days

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 16:56 - Apr 18 with 871 viewskingolaf

Looks like my season ticket is going to increase by between £60 and £75.

Not paying it. Club are taking me for a ride.
Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 17:17 - Apr 18 with 829 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 12:50 - Apr 18 by UTS1885

This really is poor that the majority of fans are paying for something that will not achieve its aims.

This

They'll be getting cheer leaders in next to make sure we all start making the noise they want

I trust these cctv cameras making sure those in non standing areas will also be fully focussed on the new away area ensuring they are all sitting down like good boys!

Fkng stupid idea!
Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 22:42 - Apr 18 with 591 viewsSouthamptonfan

The cheap prices are to encourage the "rougher" lot, to be well away from the away support, so that they don't need too much segregation, freeing up more seats and bigger crowds. The fans next to the away fans next season will be the quieter type who pay the higher prices for a seat. The result is no trouble between the home and away fans, like there is now in Itchen North, less netting, less trouble, less stewards needed and more sold seats (because there won't be any netting needed). Those who might have been tempted to move near the away support in the Chapel, will 99% stay in the Northam as it will be much cheaper.

The result they are hoping for, is we have a whole end of Saints singers and noise, but nowhere near the away support, stopping any trouble and surging towards them etc.

The issue I see, is that all the non singers will be sat together, so three ends of the stadium could be just sat there or will they join in with the singing coming from the Northam? The lack.of exchanges with the away support, might have an impact. But overall, having a whole end of singers should be a good thing and we.should.sound louder and more passionate.
[Post edited 18 Apr 22:49]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 23:02 - Apr 18 with 559 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 22:42 - Apr 18 by Southamptonfan

The cheap prices are to encourage the "rougher" lot, to be well away from the away support, so that they don't need too much segregation, freeing up more seats and bigger crowds. The fans next to the away fans next season will be the quieter type who pay the higher prices for a seat. The result is no trouble between the home and away fans, like there is now in Itchen North, less netting, less trouble, less stewards needed and more sold seats (because there won't be any netting needed). Those who might have been tempted to move near the away support in the Chapel, will 99% stay in the Northam as it will be much cheaper.

The result they are hoping for, is we have a whole end of Saints singers and noise, but nowhere near the away support, stopping any trouble and surging towards them etc.

The issue I see, is that all the non singers will be sat together, so three ends of the stadium could be just sat there or will they join in with the singing coming from the Northam? The lack.of exchanges with the away support, might have an impact. But overall, having a whole end of singers should be a good thing and we.should.sound louder and more passionate.
[Post edited 18 Apr 22:49]

Won't the away fans now just generally abuse and visibly question the gentlemanly relaxation habits of all the OAPs in the Chapel though? I mean, it is a choice for the club to make, I guess.
Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 23:09 - Apr 18 with 551 viewsSouthamptonfan

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 23:02 - Apr 18 by Manhattan_Lynx

Won't the away fans now just generally abuse and visibly question the gentlemanly relaxation habits of all the OAPs in the Chapel though? I mean, it is a choice for the club to make, I guess.

Probably, but our quieter fans would just sit there and ignore them, well that's what the club are hoping for I think, as all the lively lot will all be the other end in the Northam.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 09:39 - Apr 19 with 393 viewsfranniesTache

Saints Announce New Season Ticket Details- Good For Some A Kick In The Teeth For on 23:09 - Apr 18 by Southamptonfan

Probably, but our quieter fans would just sit there and ignore them, well that's what the club are hoping for I think, as all the lively lot will all be the other end in the Northam.

A lot of the "quieter" fans in the Chapel were more than a little game back in the day, they might well not do the performance dance of the Itchen North/Northam's wannabes but they definitely won't put up with any stupidity from away fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024