Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone 13:49 - Apr 18 with 1125 viewssaints__fan__73

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68844583

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 14:08 - Apr 18 with 1086 viewsmushinexile

Diluting the best competition in football- the Association Cup for the sake of the big six is a further perversion of the sport. The FA should have maintained the cup and all its traditions.
FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 16:26 - Apr 18 with 1009 viewsSalisburySaint

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 14:08 - Apr 18 by mushinexile

Diluting the best competition in football- the Association Cup for the sake of the big six is a further perversion of the sport. The FA should have maintained the cup and all its traditions.

Indeed shocking move, everyone caving in once again to the Big Clubs.

So whilst those involved in Champions league, will rake in millions more with the new format, clubs in Lower Leagues and Non League are less likely to get their own big pay day from playing at the likes of Old Trafford

It’s all about the big clubs looking after themselves, sod the rest
FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 16:31 - Apr 18 with 989 viewskingslandstand1

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 16:26 - Apr 18 by SalisburySaint

Indeed shocking move, everyone caving in once again to the Big Clubs.

So whilst those involved in Champions league, will rake in millions more with the new format, clubs in Lower Leagues and Non League are less likely to get their own big pay day from playing at the likes of Old Trafford

It’s all about the big clubs looking after themselves, sod the rest

Did we expect anything different when it was decided to review the competition format?
FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 17:01 - Apr 18 with 951 viewsSFC_Referee

So at first we have just 3 subs but when Klopp and what not start moaning about player safety we increase it to 5 (which certainly benefited the “top 6”). We then have the introduction of the team that doesn’t make champions league through top 4, but has the most history in it can qualify over others (again clearly benefits the top 6). But now at first we have replays in the FA cup to help provide for the smaller clubs and add to the thrill of it, but again the “top 6” aren’t happy so we change it to no replays. All of these things effect all the teams…
But when they talk about too many games and what not in general, many fail to mention the increase in how many more games will be played with the changing of the champions league, which will only affect 4 or so teams, but of course that’s just ignored…

Says it all in reality about how the game is and where it’s heading, especially when you think of how recent most of these changes have all occurred at, as really the sooner they all bugger off to Saudi or this ESL starts, the better!

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 17:30 - Apr 18 with 928 viewsTripleNiemi

I ain’t good at this sort of stuff so you may have to google if link doesn’t work, but Tranmere Rovers have made a fairly succinct and decent statement on things…..

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2024/april/club-statement-fa-cup-replays/
[Post edited 18 Apr 17:32]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 18:24 - Apr 18 with 882 viewsmushinexile

Thank you. It is very well expressed.
FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 08:05 - Apr 19 with 753 viewsTripleNiemi

Wonder if Saints will pass comment on this? Few clubs now making statements, or will this be another deathly silence job much like the efforts afforded to Chris Nicholl (RIP)

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 10:36 - Apr 19 with 700 viewsericofarabia

As a consequence of these greedy cahunts playing more games amongst themselves, the rest of the footballing structure lose FA Cup Replays 🤬 How on earth has it got to the stage where 4 or 5 clubs take priority over the other 87/88 plus those plucky non league teams who make ot through?
Why not tell them if they feel they can't fulfill a match, in which most of them would name a 2nd XI anyway, then forfeit it. 🤬
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 14:53 - Apr 19 with 622 viewskingslandstand1

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 17:30 - Apr 18 by TripleNiemi

I ain’t good at this sort of stuff so you may have to google if link doesn’t work, but Tranmere Rovers have made a fairly succinct and decent statement on things…..

Ironic isn't it when you look at who's shadow they are in
FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 15:40 - Apr 19 with 602 viewsInTimeAddedOn

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 17:30 - Apr 18 by TripleNiemi

Thanks TN, the link works fine. This is a disgraceful decision made to benefit a small minority of Clubs who often disrespect the competition by playing scratch XI’s whilst their managers whine about the number of games their poor overworked players have to play.
Having read the excellent statement drafted by Tranmere it begs the question how the hell can such a major decision be made without any consultation with the full FA Council?!?! I reckon their AGM will be interesting!
What it needs next season is for Clubs affected by this to agree to walk off after 90 mins if their FA Cup game is drawn as a protest against no replays. If everyone did it the FA would soon get the message. Of course, I am not daft, I know it won’t happen for several reasons, the potential sanctions for a start, but it would great if they did.
End of the day, a disgusting decision by the FA and proves they really don’t give a flying asterisk for the vast majority of the ‘football family’ they are supposed to look after.
[Post edited 19 Apr 15:42]
FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 17:10 - Apr 19 with 569 viewsSonicBoom

I hope the club actually takes a stand here here rather than total silence. Silence looks like approval.

If the EFL clubs all refuse to accept it then it won't happen. Just refuse to enter the cup.
FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 08:40 - Apr 20 with 423 viewssolent_toffee

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 17:10 - Apr 19 by SonicBoom

I hope the club actually takes a stand here here rather than total silence. Silence looks like approval.

If the EFL clubs all refuse to accept it then it won't happen. Just refuse to enter the cup.

Completely agree. Three years ago to the day that they snakey six tried to form their own league, they pull this stunt. To this day none of the 6 clubs have faced any penalties and City and Chelsea have been charged but not convicted. Last week Chelsea sold a hotel to themselves to navigate the PSR, all with the PL’s blessing.

But this has to be the final straw, the utter contempt that they have for the game on this country shouldn’t be accepted. Every other club should boycott the cup next season and start making plans to kick these clubs out of the game.

Football was established for the working classes in the 19th century as a release from the working week for leisure. It’s now geared up for nerds abroad to follow a brand with no identify, no understanding of the communities that the clubs are in. Phuck them.

Also regarding Saints or other clubs putting out statements, Everton were the first and most vocal to criticize the ESL and have been the main club to have been panned by the sneaky six. No surprises with Masters in the back pocket of Man U and Liverpool.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Masters_(football)
[Post edited 20 Apr 8:54]
FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 09:00 - Apr 20 with 405 viewsdavidargyll

Whilst I agree in principle with the comments against this idea, I think we should also bear in mind that the likes of us and other clubs going for promotion, reducing the potential number of games they have to play must be a good idea mustn’t it?
FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 09:19 - Apr 20 with 399 viewsTripleNiemi

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 09:00 - Apr 20 by davidargyll

Whilst I agree in principle with the comments against this idea, I think we should also bear in mind that the likes of us and other clubs going for promotion, reducing the potential number of games they have to play must be a good idea mustn’t it?

Isn’t that almost as bad as the top 4’s self interest approach? Forget us or any clubs in the lower leagues who are ‘promotion’ candidates, this is about fundamentally changing the competition to support ‘the few’ rather than the majority.

I get exactly what you are saying, but sadly have to disagree.

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 11:25 - Apr 20 with 332 viewsChesham_Saint

These arseholes just don’t get it. They are mere custodians and have ruined a glorious competition. There is no excuse at all. They should be sacked, or better yet sacked and flogged.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 12:34 - Apr 20 with 297 viewskingslandstand1

FA Cup Replays scrapped - Winter break gone on 15:40 - Apr 19 by InTimeAddedOn

Thanks TN, the link works fine. This is a disgraceful decision made to benefit a small minority of Clubs who often disrespect the competition by playing scratch XI’s whilst their managers whine about the number of games their poor overworked players have to play.
Having read the excellent statement drafted by Tranmere it begs the question how the hell can such a major decision be made without any consultation with the full FA Council?!?! I reckon their AGM will be interesting!
What it needs next season is for Clubs affected by this to agree to walk off after 90 mins if their FA Cup game is drawn as a protest against no replays. If everyone did it the FA would soon get the message. Of course, I am not daft, I know it won’t happen for several reasons, the potential sanctions for a start, but it would great if they did.
End of the day, a disgusting decision by the FA and proves they really don’t give a flying asterisk for the vast majority of the ‘football family’ they are supposed to look after.
[Post edited 19 Apr 15:42]

Today's headlines are def in the Prem League/FA are a bunch of ar5eholes mould and that a boycott is def being discussed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024