Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Leicester The Debacle 22:10 - Apr 23 with 1957 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62390/southampton-at-lei

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 22:14 - Apr 23 with 1907 viewsRon11

We already had a hint of what was to come with Martin, as advised by Swansea supporters.
Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 22:23 - Apr 23 with 1797 viewsButty101

I honestly expected nothing less tonight. After Saturday the players were never going to be up for this .

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 22:25 - Apr 23 with 1794 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's certainly telling that you want Martin out Nick. I saw these types of performances under Ralph, Jones, Selles and so it goes on. I have no confidence that our owners will choose an experienced manager next time. The club just has strange ideas about style of play, philosophies and the rest of it. Leicester kept their best players. They were far too good for us tonight.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 22:32 - Apr 23 with 1734 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Sad to say, we will just be Play-Off cannon fodder unless there is a massive upturn which I just can#t see happening at the moment. RM is a busted flush with no Plan B as has been said a hundred times by many different forum posters. Gutted.
Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 22:55 - Apr 23 with 1577 viewsTimSaint

....and to think that some were suggesting it would be Goal Difference that would cost us this season !! :-)

TimSaint

Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 23:06 - Apr 23 with 1538 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 22:55 - Apr 23 by TimSaint

....and to think that some were suggesting it would be Goal Difference that would cost us this season !! :-)

Those were the days....
Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 23:28 - Apr 23 with 1452 viewsDorsetIan

Our fragility has been apparent all season.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 04:00 - Apr 24 with 1235 viewsButty101

Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 23:28 - Apr 23 by DorsetIan

Our fragility has been apparent all season.

Southampton boss Russell Martin told BBC Radio Solent:
"For 60-odd minutes I thought we were good. It was a really tight match. We played some amazing build-up, but it didn't come to enough.

He was watching a different game to me

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 06:56 - Apr 24 with 1069 viewsCity_boy

I am guessing Nick hasn't posted the 'Players' rating page up as there is no point ?

Did anyone, really get more than 2/10 ? Not 1 player looked interested or was up for that game last night. The players and Management should all be ashamed and reimburse all those fans who went to the game. Fortunately, I couldn't get a ticket, which was a blessing.

Martin's comments after the game just compounded my thoughts about this guys arrogance. He is taking us all for mugs, with his post match assessment. I can't recall being this hacked off about a manager since the Ian Branfoot days.

Losing is fine, but show a but a character and effort.
Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 08:03 - Apr 24 with 919 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 04:00 - Apr 24 by Butty101

Southampton boss Russell Martin told BBC Radio Solent:
"For 60-odd minutes I thought we were good. It was a really tight match. We played some amazing build-up, but it didn't come to enough.

He was watching a different game to me

‚amazing build-up‘ is exactly what we didn’t do

What a stupid thing for him to say. Was he also impressed by McCArthy‘s amazing saves and Adams‘ amazing shots?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 08:05 - Apr 24 with 906 viewsButty101

Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 06:56 - Apr 24 by City_boy

I am guessing Nick hasn't posted the 'Players' rating page up as there is no point ?

Did anyone, really get more than 2/10 ? Not 1 player looked interested or was up for that game last night. The players and Management should all be ashamed and reimburse all those fans who went to the game. Fortunately, I couldn't get a ticket, which was a blessing.

Martin's comments after the game just compounded my thoughts about this guys arrogance. He is taking us all for mugs, with his post match assessment. I can't recall being this hacked off about a manager since the Ian Branfoot days.

Losing is fine, but show a but a character and effort.

You have to give credit to RM credit for his subs. Bringing Manning on change the game completely. Not often we have been able to say that

Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 08:43 - Apr 24 with 817 viewsA1079

I have tried to calm down before writing anything as last night I was so angry and frustrated with the manager, the team and the club. Last night epitomised what has been endemic and wrong in our club for some while - appointing the wrong manager for the club repeatedly, appointing players who do not care or are not that bothered about SFC.

Long before the game started, as early as Saturday evening all the noise and mood music coming out was that we were going into that game without intent to win. What sort of attitude was that and for all the possession there was no intent. No intent to attack, no intent to offer any real opposition. The goals were easy for Leicester (though had we been given such gifts I am not sure our attack would have put them away anyway).

How must those 3000 plus fans have felt last night and really what can we expect from our final 2 games? If the manager and the team can't be bothered why should we. I suppose today we'll get all the usual excuses and diatribe about how we must do better, etc, etc and how they must react. It's too late guys, you gave up, plain and simple and you have now made us look easy to beat. You look disinterested. Any of the other teams in the playoff positions will not fear us in the slightest. Those other teams may not have as good a players but they have something we don't - team spirit, togetherness, a never say die attitude - you saw that with Coventry on Sunday.

I could say it is all down to this manager and this group of players but the truth it isn't. Yes, they are to blame for what is happening now but this attitude, this stinking lack of fight has been there for several seasons now. Is it poor management recruitment or poor player recruitment or just plainly both. Whoever runs our club just keep making the same p*ss poor mistakes and errors of judgement.

We don't have a single player in our team who I would identify as leadership material. There is no mental or physical strength in our team. We go a goal behind and before you know it we are several goals behind. We miss one chance on goal, we miss several chances. We are weak in midfield and out of all our goalkeepers whether fit or otherwise I am hard pressed to say whether any of them are really upto the task.

Last night was dreadful and we have unravelled completely in the last few weeks especially away from home. But, it has been underlying and there for so long.

If I am honest, I did not expect to be in the playoffs this year so in that respect my expectations have been exceeded. But, what I did hope though is we would be building a real team that can form a foundation and platform. Those foundations were left bare last night and for all to see. We have a long way to go before we can say we are a good team and we are moving in the right direction.
Southampton At Leicester The Debacle on 13:23 - Apr 24 with 538 viewsSonicBoom

Who wrote that? Nick?

That is very unusual for him to criticise the manager so directly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024