Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 716896 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:10 - Aug 22 with 4944 viewsNed_Kennedys

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:20 - Aug 22 by LazyFan

As I posted before, Dykes stats have been going down every season. And he's getting the wrong side of 30.
If they can get £2m for him, he's gone.

This new fella likes a through ball and a diag. I suspect he's been bought for that, threading balls through. We have runners now, so that's useful for breakaways (what they should be called, not transitions). I am not sure about this new guy, I have a feeling he plays to generate his own top the stats for a move just like this and we have bought him on that.

But what do I know? I am a lazy so-and-so.

Wouldn’t accept £2 million for a 28 year old international striker: where’s the value in such a deal?
And he has shown within a few minutes of playing with our new attacking midfielders he can take advantage of the better service he will get.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:13 - Aug 22 with 4878 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 05:13 - Aug 22 by Northernr

"If other clubs knew some of our new players wages and contract terms, that could have had a negative impact on contract negotiations and signings with Dembele and Saito and potentially we could not have secured their signatures ...."

This is naïve.

If Leeds want to know what deal Dembele has got here, they'll ring his agent and ask. And he'll tell them, because it'll be in his interest to tell them. The whole thing leaked in the first place because it was given to that Fabrizio Romano wnkr by people trying to drive the price up and get a better deal.

Football isn't like your job or mine.

I'm genuinely amazed at the amount of QPR fans who've watched what has been done to our club over the last 15 years and is now not only accepting this "we're going to tell you even less than before" but positively lapping it up and encouraging it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Like it or loathe it the clubs new silence is something that they obviously think is beneficial to our club.

At the moment would you prefer a considered silence or have the club owner meet you down the Crown and Sceptre and forever be on Twitter often telling you things that perhaps he shouldn't.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:26 - Aug 22 with 4683 viewsdmm

My main issue with Nourry's silence is not allowing players' length of contract to be made known. That's been made known for a very long time and as a QPR supporter, I find it frustrating to be kept in the dark about this. Do many other clubs now not make this public?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:33 - Aug 22 with 4555 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:13 - Aug 22 by rbee

Like it or loathe it the clubs new silence is something that they obviously think is beneficial to our club.

At the moment would you prefer a considered silence or have the club owner meet you down the Crown and Sceptre and forever be on Twitter often telling you things that perhaps he shouldn't.

Those are my only two options are they?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:38 - Aug 22 with 4446 viewscaliforniahoop

Well said sir!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:50 - Aug 22 with 4218 viewsWD99

On the transparency front, it is such a contrast to American sports leagues where contract length and amount are public common knowledge. I assume it is due to the relative power of the player unions and collective bargaining agreements governing those leagues. Though one needs to have a phd to understand some of the salary cap and luxury tax rules in these leagues, it does help fans understand team building concepts.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:59 - Aug 22 with 4103 viewsdaveB

I think it incredible that after all this club has been through the last 20 years so many are happy to know nothing and just trust that they know what they are doing when we've seen countless times under these owners they put the club at risk

The pattern has been the same every time since the Redknapp years. Being financially prudent (well relatively speaking) and living within means before we have a good run, forget all that over spend in the hope of promotion then back to square one again a year later, they did it under JFH, Warburton and now Marti and we're supposed to as fans just say well they know what they are doing we shouldn't be told anything.

Give it a year and we'll be the ones picking up the pieces. All this crap about hiding fees and contract lengths, it'll all be in the accounts in 6 months anyway so is absolutely pointless

This so called new regime who know what they are doing and must be trusted signed a player last year who it turns out we weren't allowed to sign and now have to pay compensation for him and can't pick the bloke until thats resolved but thats been swept under the carpet and ignored
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:00 - Aug 22 with 4095 viewsaston_hoop

Weliton Santos, 19 year old Brazilian striker looks like he might be joining our dev squad.

Very real interest from Birmingham City in Lyndon Dykes, they are splashing cash at the moment

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:15 - Aug 22 with 3882 viewsHoopsie

If a buying / interested club can call the agent for the players employment details, as the agent is so eager to move the player on for commission, isn’t it in their interest to “leak” the players wages to any journalist if you bother to ask?

Is it just me reading that a lot of transfer fees are undisclosed? Undisclosed for a reason both selling and buying clubs find it reasonable to not say.

Take Eze for example, % sell on, full England cap add ons, if QPR won’t say, neither do Crystal Palace. How about his agent? Out of nowhere someone posted an expiry on the buy out clause. Why is it still a mystery if it is so easy to just pick up the phone and ask his agent to confirm?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:19 - Aug 22 with 3831 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:59 - Aug 22 by daveB

I think it incredible that after all this club has been through the last 20 years so many are happy to know nothing and just trust that they know what they are doing when we've seen countless times under these owners they put the club at risk

The pattern has been the same every time since the Redknapp years. Being financially prudent (well relatively speaking) and living within means before we have a good run, forget all that over spend in the hope of promotion then back to square one again a year later, they did it under JFH, Warburton and now Marti and we're supposed to as fans just say well they know what they are doing we shouldn't be told anything.

Give it a year and we'll be the ones picking up the pieces. All this crap about hiding fees and contract lengths, it'll all be in the accounts in 6 months anyway so is absolutely pointless

This so called new regime who know what they are doing and must be trusted signed a player last year who it turns out we weren't allowed to sign and now have to pay compensation for him and can't pick the bloke until thats resolved but thats been swept under the carpet and ignored

Are you including Ruben when you say these owners?

Tony Fernandes was a lousy owner and he only left the club 13 months ago.

How long has Ruben been the club’s outright owner? Two years? Maybe a little more?

Ruben never set out to be a football club owner, Tony invited him to join our club as a minor shareholder and then legged it leaving Ruben in charge. Fortunately for us Ruben has risen to the challenge and bankrolls our existence.

Baring all this in mind I am currently willing to cut Ruben a fair chunk of slack.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:28 - Aug 22 with 3700 viewsdaveB

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:19 - Aug 22 by rbee

Are you including Ruben when you say these owners?

Tony Fernandes was a lousy owner and he only left the club 13 months ago.

How long has Ruben been the club’s outright owner? Two years? Maybe a little more?

Ruben never set out to be a football club owner, Tony invited him to join our club as a minor shareholder and then legged it leaving Ruben in charge. Fortunately for us Ruben has risen to the challenge and bankrolls our existence.

Baring all this in mind I am currently willing to cut Ruben a fair chunk of slack.

he's been at the club for years and running the place for at least 6 years
I admire the fella for paying for the mistakes same as what Fernandes and co did but rather than needing to bankroll our existence maybe we could stop over spending everytime we think we're onto something
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:29 - Aug 22 with 3689 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:33 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Those are my only two options are they?

Honestly Clive I have no idea, perhaps you have a cunning third option.

I deliberately said 'At the moment'

A pint of Pride please Ruben
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:33 - Aug 22 with 3621 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:29 - Aug 22 by rbee

Honestly Clive I have no idea, perhaps you have a cunning third option.

I deliberately said 'At the moment'

A pint of Pride please Ruben

I think it's pretty obvious there's a lot of grey area and lot more options between 'we're telling you nothing' and 'chairman mouthing off in the Crown'.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:33 - Aug 22 with 3603 viewsDavieQPR

Agents can leak or tell someone about a players contract and they are such honest people that they will always tell the truth.I must admit it doesn't matter to me as long as it is inside permitted boundaries. it is what happens on the pitch.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:40 - Aug 22 with 3480 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:28 - Aug 22 by daveB

he's been at the club for years and running the place for at least 6 years
I admire the fella for paying for the mistakes same as what Fernandes and co did but rather than needing to bankroll our existence maybe we could stop over spending everytime we think we're onto something

No it isn't six years since he aquired Fernandes shares, nearer three I think.

The Ruben/Nourry/Hoos set up is still brand new, they have a new approach, so lets give them some time before laying in to them.

As far as we know (!) we have not recently breached the Profit and Sustainability regulations and therefore have not overspent.
[Post edited 22 Aug 12:59]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:44 - Aug 22 with 3407 viewsHoopsie

So is Madsen incoming?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:46 - Aug 22 with 3381 viewsMr_Beef

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:40 - Aug 22 by rbee

The Ruben/Nourry/Hoos set up is still brand new, they have a new approach, so lets give them some time before laying in to them.

As far as we know (!) we have not recently breached the Profit and Sustainability regulations and therefore have not overspent.

I don't know that many people are having a go at them, but there are concerns about the reduction in the information that they give out regarding signings, I'm not aware of any other club that refuses to say how long a player has signed for.

Given the recent history of the club I don't think it's too surprising that this reduction in transparency won't cause some concerns.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:46 - Aug 22 with 3377 viewsdaveB

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:40 - Aug 22 by rbee

He's been heavily involved in running the club for years

I'm not laying into anyone I just find it absolutely bizarre that we're no longer allowed to know anything and supposed to be alright with that. I hope they know what they are doing this time.

This is all coming from someone who was sat on your side of the argument during the Austin/Johansen summer and believed they knew what they were doing that time, turns out they didn't
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:47 - Aug 22 with 3366 viewsNed_Kennedys

Sell Clarke-Salter or Chair in the next week for decent money and that would cover the new signings. Otherwise we’ve clearly spent a lot more on incoming players than earning/saving on outgoing players.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:50 - Aug 22 with 3314 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:33 - Aug 22 by Northernr

I think it's pretty obvious there's a lot of grey area and lot more options between 'we're telling you nothing' and 'chairman mouthing off in the Crown'.

Grey areas created by social media where everybody wants to know everything all of the time.

There will be other options but Currently it seems the club doesn't want to explore them.

Let's see if the Fans Forum sheds any light.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:52 - Aug 22 with 3256 viewsQPR_Jim

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:06 - Aug 22 by lassel

Ever since football collectively bent over the table and bit the tablecloth for agents, football hasn’t really worked like that.

If a club is interested in a player they call the agent and ask 2x questions - 1. What do the club want for him, 2. What can we get him for.

The agent then calls the selling club and starts the ball rolling.

How would an agent know what we want for his player?

I get it's in the agents interest for his player to move but if they've signed a 3 year deal, they know he won't be moving for at least 1 or 2 seasons. Unless you're Beales agent but of course he doesn't have one...
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:58 - Aug 22 with 3136 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:46 - Aug 22 by daveB

He's been heavily involved in running the club for years

I'm not laying into anyone I just find it absolutely bizarre that we're no longer allowed to know anything and supposed to be alright with that. I hope they know what they are doing this time.

This is all coming from someone who was sat on your side of the argument during the Austin/Johansen summer and believed they knew what they were doing that time, turns out they didn't

''He's been heavily involved in running the club for years.''

Come on Dave. As a minor shareholder and with Fernandes in charge do you really think that Ruben had any significate input? I really don't.

As for 'my side of the argument' I am only commenting on how I see things today, no hindsight, no foresight. Next month I might see it differently.
[Post edited 22 Aug 13:03]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:58 - Aug 22 with 3126 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:59 - Aug 22 by daveB

Agree, Dave. Although it’ll be 18 months until it all comes out in the Accounts. The Accounts to be publish in 6 months will only cover the season ending 30th June 2024. All this current activity will hit our accounts published in Spring 2026. It’ll be around then we and the EFL will know if we breached anything this year.

I don’t actually think we will breach anything this year. As people have said, because the Warburton gamble year drops out of the rolling 3 year cycle now, this season has two prudent seasons to go with it, so we actually have lots of wiggle room against FFP.

However, if we replace the gamble season with another gamble season in this one:
a) we’ll have to follow with two years of significant cost cutting (like the last two, unless we are promoted)
b) we’ll actually need to successfully sell players given the length of contract we appear to be committing to on these purchases…and sell at a far higher value than we buy at in those two seasons.

What makes this all the more dubious is we don’t actually know if we breached FFP this last season just finished. All the account folk analysing the annual accounts for the previous seasons forecast it to be extremely tight. I’m still sceptical we came in with the significantly reduced costs (on the prior year) we needed to meet FFP. Nevertheless, assume we did meet it. Great. You’ve got your operating costs down to a much more sustainable level (as the accounts for last season will need to shown when issued in 6 months) and the team was a top 10 side under Marti in terms of PPG. Why gamble all that hard work away immediately?! Perhaps increase your costs fractionally, but these outlays on players, whether we amortise the fee or not, will increase our annual operating costs. And quite a bit given we barely paid for anyone in the two previous seasons. I can see how salaried might just be flat or only fractionally increased, but these transfer fees are still costs and become like additional salaries if amortised.

Personally, I’d be much more comfortable with these signings IF we sell someone before deadline day for £6-10m…which is realistically Chair or JCS.

The £5m in extra TV income should absolutely NOT just go on transfer fees, agent fees and salaries. Use it to invest in longer term benefits to the club! Otherwise that TV deal just ends up in players’ and agents’ pockets again.

If we do sell someone for the sort of fee I’m suggesting, then I am all behind this model. Sell and reinvest a proportion of that sale. Rinse and repeat, trying to out perform the market on trading, improve your team whilst becoming more financially secure. Great. If we do indeed sell, all we have done here is reinvest before we sell, which is clever and beneficial, but comes with risk.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:18 - Aug 22 with 2828 viewsGus_iom

It'll be quite amusing if people are getting worried by a signing that doesn't happen anyway.
I suppose, at some stage, the club has to go for it, albeit in a measured way. Maybe the risk had to be taken to keep Marti and Co on board.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:23 - Aug 22 with 2770 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:00 - Aug 22 by aston_hoop

Weliton Santos, 19 year old Brazilian striker looks like he might be joining our dev squad.

Very real interest from Birmingham City in Lyndon Dykes, they are splashing cash at the moment

Back to the transfer rumours anyway!

Who is this Weilton Santos? A Brazillian striker!

Dykes to Birmingham? I wouldn't wish that on him, joining Laird, Sanderson and Roberts. Poor bloke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024