Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 716835 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:59 - Aug 21 with 6167 viewsHoopsie

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:30 - Aug 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Hoopsie,

A lot of merit in what you say. I agree with a lot of it, and I hate rumours and nose-tapping ITK. Also, there is some info that we should not be privy to.

But this regime currently won't even tell us if certain players are contracted for next season or not.

That's pure disdain for the members of the club to my mind.

What's more, it's self-defeating. We all know, no matter where we work and what we do for our bobs, that silence creates a void, and rumour and bullshít are only too happy to fill that void.

My post is not against anyone here, I agree with you and many here and it frustrates me as well. But I do notice the silence is not just QPR, a lot of clubs do not provide specific details as well. With or without information it is going to generate a lot of speculation and reaction which ever way as I see it. Perhaps it is the club now saying let’s try to do it a different way. Perhaps we have to be a little bit patient of this new way. As many said, most of the signings are logical and are what we really should be doing, but one moment can change perception at anytime, as you know, on social media for example. Not saying we should keep the “faith”, but just saying “wait and see”. Perhaps with time when the club get most things right (proven on the field) that they will be more confident and start to loosen up a bit and engage the fan base with more details and news.

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:08 - Aug 21 with 6077 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:30 - Aug 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Hoopsie,

A lot of merit in what you say. I agree with a lot of it, and I hate rumours and nose-tapping ITK. Also, there is some info that we should not be privy to.

But this regime currently won't even tell us if certain players are contracted for next season or not.

That's pure disdain for the members of the club to my mind.

What's more, it's self-defeating. We all know, no matter where we work and what we do for our bobs, that silence creates a void, and rumour and bullshít are only too happy to fill that void.

Can't agree with any of that Brian.

We do not work for Queens Park Rangers and how much someone is paid and the length of the contract in most employment organisations is between the employee and his or her seniors.

Had a job where I was effectively the number two but couple of others who were more matey with the boss and their salaries were likewise because of this and was known by all. The atmosphere was completely toxic. Massive staff turnover.

There is zero need for ourselves to know the small print.

Think the club is being very savvy with this and protecting their players from more criticism than is helpful.

Think it's an excellent approach and will benefit our players and will be a positive for the squad and recruitment issues going forwards.

Another inspired decision by Nourry for me.

If other clubs knew some of our new players wages and contract terms, that could have had a negative impact on contract negotiations and signings with Dembele and Saito and potentially we could not have secured their signatures ....

Totally agree with this approach myself. Well thought out strategy for me.

Fans talk crap whether they know the truth or otherwise anyhow , as we all know and also its not as if we are all experts anyway. We seriously are not and emotion often has a very negative impact on good business practice !!
[Post edited 21 Aug 23:13]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:28 - Aug 22 with 5755 viewsMatch82

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:08 - Aug 21 by numptydumpty

We do not work for Queens Park Rangers and how much someone is paid and the length of the contract in most employment organisations is between the employee and his or her seniors.

Had a job where I was effectively the number two but couple of others who were more matey with the boss and their salaries were likewise because of this and was known by all. The atmosphere was completely toxic. Massive staff turnover.

Think the club is being very savvy with this and protecting their players from more criticism than is helpful.

Think it's an excellent approach and will benefit our players and will be a positive for the squad and recruitment issues going forwards.

If other clubs knew some of our new players wages and contract terms, that could have had a negative impact on contract negotiations and signings with Dembele and Saito and potentially we could not have secured their signatures ....

Fans talk crap whether they know the truth or otherwise anyhow , as we all know and also its not as if we are all experts anyway. We seriously are not and emotion often has a very negative impact on good business practice !!

I'm assuming at your job though there werent hundreds of thousands of people interested in knowing that and an entire industry built around generating advertising dollars by feeding the speculation, true if they can get it, made up if not.

That's the difference for me, there's no requirement for them to share this stuff, but you can make an argument that sharing some details is going to do less harm than not doing so and having people make up their own nonsense which is consumed as if it's the truth (but by the nature of pay-per-click journalism, likely to be more sensationalized)
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:42 - Aug 22 with 5715 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree that wages should be private.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer rumours 2024 on 02:13 - Aug 22 with 5555 viewsLoft1979

In my humble observation, we are very similar to most teams punching at our weight. Usually linked to similar players and with similar challenges. Indeed a big lol for the fact Bosun is now a Stoke player. I hope this new influx of players DOES yield more return than the post-Eze class of Willock , Kerman and Andre.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 02:47 - Aug 22 with 5469 viewsQuillPenRiot

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:42 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I do too, with caveats. Nothing apropos to football, ofc, as that’s an entertainment industry…

There does need to be some 3rd party oversight though for ensuring vast disparities. There are in the corporate world, all of them based on personal situations, negotiation skill, systemic racism, systemic sexism, and all of the stereotypical mindsets that human beings are prone to. Ideally, because not all of those factors are based on social injustices, wages should be kept private IF we can also ensure that emotionally driven social inequities are being filtered out of the process
Transfer rumours 2024 on 04:09 - Aug 22 with 5362 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:42 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed. But it seems that often the culprits for leaking salaries are the players themselves.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 05:13 - Aug 22 with 5241 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:08 - Aug 21 by numptydumpty

"If other clubs knew some of our new players wages and contract terms, that could have had a negative impact on contract negotiations and signings with Dembele and Saito and potentially we could not have secured their signatures ...."

This is naïve.

If Leeds want to know what deal Dembele has got here, they'll ring his agent and ask. And he'll tell them, because it'll be in his interest to tell them. The whole thing leaked in the first place because it was given to that Fabrizio Romano wnkr by people trying to drive the price up and get a better deal.

Football isn't like your job or mine.

I'm genuinely amazed at the amount of QPR fans who've watched what has been done to our club over the last 15 years and is now not only accepting this "we're going to tell you even less than before" but positively lapping it up and encouraging it.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:30 - Aug 22 with 5060 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

But, I don't understand why some are getting annoyed that we don't know the length of contract or the finer details of loan agreements?
It makes absolutely no difference to what the owners etc do anyway.
Nobody got upset when we signed Austin and Johansan, and then Hoo's bare face lied that we weren't causing potential FFP issues down the line. So now we know even less, but really nothing has changed.

The club get grief for not signing the right sort of player, now they are and they still get pelters.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:14 - Aug 22 with 4832 viewsQPR_Jim

Transfer rumours 2024 on 05:13 - Aug 22 by Northernr

"If other clubs knew some of our new players wages and contract terms, that could have had a negative impact on contract negotiations and signings with Dembele and Saito and potentially we could not have secured their signatures ...."

This is naïve.

If Leeds want to know what deal Dembele has got here, they'll ring his agent and ask. And he'll tell them, because it'll be in his interest to tell them. The whole thing leaked in the first place because it was given to that Fabrizio Romano wnkr by people trying to drive the price up and get a better deal.

I'm genuinely amazed at the amount of QPR fans who've watched what has been done to our club over the last 15 years and is now not only accepting this "we're going to tell you even less than before" but positively lapping it up and encouraging it.

Personally I think it is all about FFP.

I'd be shocked if other teams weren't trying to estimate our position with FFP before bidding for our players. The less information they have the less certainty they will have. If they know we're close to FFP limit and need a sale, their offer will reflect that but if uncertain it would be a risk to annoy us with low offers.

While I'm sure all agents will try and work to get a higher offer when their player is signing a contract, once it's done what benefit is there for the agents to provide the duration of contract after they have signed?

I know other clubs do this and we've often looked at other clubs getting better money for their players, not sure if there is a correlation there but it wouldn't surprise me if that was part of the reason.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:19 - Aug 22 with 4766 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:51 - Aug 22 with 4519 viewsHoopstar

Interesting that he takes corners and attacking free kicks for Westerlo.

Wouldn't have thought you'd want your 6ft4 midfielder on those. Is he any good at heading the ball do we know - or more like a young Peter Crouch?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:06 - Aug 22 with 4339 viewslassel

Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:14 - Aug 22 by QPR_Jim

I'd be shocked if other teams weren't trying to estimate our position with FFP before bidding for our players. The less information they have the less certainty they will have. If they know we're close to FFP limit and need a sale, their offer will reflect that but if uncertain it would be a risk to annoy us with low offers.

While I'm sure all agents will try and work to get a higher offer when their player is signing a contract, once it's done what benefit is there for the agents to provide the duration of contract after they have signed?

I know other clubs do this and we've often looked at other clubs getting better money for their players, not sure if there is a correlation there but it wouldn't surprise me if that was part of the reason.

Ever since football collectively bent over the table and bit the tablecloth for agents, football hasn’t really worked like that.

If a club is interested in a player they call the agent and ask 2x questions - 1. What do the club want for him, 2. What can we get him for.

The agent then calls the selling club and starts the ball rolling.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:15 - Aug 22 with 4259 viewsGaryBannister86

The Nourry thing is a tough one. My concern is now that Man U / City have made a transfer market for people like him, I imagine they don't wait 10 years to see if a long-term FFP value model has paid off. He is clearly ferociously ambitious - I doubt if any St Pauls old boy in a major football role at the age of 26 sees that as his place even in 5 years' time and I bet he has designs on a Chelsea or massive Premier club role. How does he get there quickest? Success, and fast, with us. Which means kicking the financial can down the road won't bother him too much.

That long-term oversight and protection is what the Board is there for. I hope they are awake for once.

Not saying this is definitely Nourry's outlook, but it must be a possibility. Much like a manager, short-term success is needed so long-term club health is collateral damage they probably won't have to deal with.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:30 - Aug 22 with 4123 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:14 - Aug 22 by QPR_Jim

"once it's done what benefit is there for the agents to provide the duration of contract after they have signed?"

Because no agent ever earned money by leaving their client in one place for too long. Even this summer we've had two of ours make distinctly sideways move driven by their reps when both were happy to stay here.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:31 - Aug 22 with 4097 viewsstevec

This is naïve.

Two words: Jim Gregory.

Nobody knew what he was going to do next. You’d turn up with your new season ticket and find he’s just sold your best players. A few years later you’d find yourself back in the top league, on runs nearly winning the whole thing, Europe, cup finals, setting you up for 13 consecutive seasons up there and competing. Morgan twins, Marsh, Allen, Goddard, yet we just kept rolling.

In the end it comes down to competence, sometimes you just have to trust.

The last 10-12 years we have been run by incompetents, how much info we got fed was irrelevant, at most that information only reinforced their incompetence.

All I want is eleven players on that pitch who believe and play like they can win, how long their contracts run only seems to add another layer of anxiety. Let’s give this new approach a chance.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:36 - Aug 22 with 4048 viewsBurnleyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:19 - Aug 22 by dmm

Nothing to get too excited about from those clips, but has to be an improvement on Colback who will be lucky to get anymore game time going forward. After his antics last week at SU, I suspect Marti has had enough. One brain fart too many, but stuck with him for the rest of the season and no doubt paying him a decent wedge.

Just need a left back and we are good to go.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:38 - Aug 22 with 4052 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:36 - Aug 22 by Burnleyhoop

Nothing to get too excited about from those clips, but has to be an improvement on Colback who will be lucky to get anymore game time going forward. After his antics last week at SU, I suspect Marti has had enough. One brain fart too many, but stuck with him for the rest of the season and no doubt paying him a decent wedge.

Just need a left back and we are good to go.

I still don't think the Dykes thing has gone away, despite his goal at the weekend.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:20 - Aug 22 with 3648 viewsLazyFan

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:38 - Aug 22 by Northernr

I still don't think the Dykes thing has gone away, despite his goal at the weekend.

As I posted before, Dykes stats have been going down every season. And he's getting the wrong side of 30.
If they can get £2m for him, he's gone.

This new fella likes a through ball and a diag. I suspect he's been bought for that, threading balls through. We have runners now, so that's useful for breakaways (what they should be called, not transitions). I am not sure about this new guy, I have a feeling he plays to generate his own top the stats for a move just like this and we have bought him on that.

But what do I know? I am a lazy so-and-so.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:22 - Aug 22 with 3630 viewsJamesB1979

This is naïve.

But if they do tell us this info, what can we do with it? Or do about it? It only means we can praise or criticise decisions more. 2 years sound too short? 5 years what are they playing at? The only reason I can think they withhold is that if/when a club approaches qpr, if that club knows the contract length (and therefore bids accordingly), qpr know that the players agent or the player have spoken to that club first. So that may help in deciding whether he’s a player we want to keep
Or not.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:31 - Aug 22 with 3484 viewssilverbirch

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:20 - Aug 21 by Hunterhoop

That makes sense. But relies on you having further player sales next year and the year after to cover the amortised cost of previous purchases, on top of having further sales to cover the costs of players purchased at that moment in the future.

In short it is a highly risky strategy that could collapse in on itself if you can’t keep selling players for the value or greater than you historical outlays.

It is precisely the approach Chelscum take. It is very likely to return and bite you on the arse. And we don’t have any hotels to shift to generate some income.

We need to sell someone before the end of Aug, IMO.

TV revenue continues at a higher level for years to come, as well, though.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:39 - Aug 22 with 3330 viewslassel

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:15 - Aug 22 by GaryBannister86

The Nourry thing is a tough one. My concern is now that Man U / City have made a transfer market for people like him, I imagine they don't wait 10 years to see if a long-term FFP value model has paid off. He is clearly ferociously ambitious - I doubt if any St Pauls old boy in a major football role at the age of 26 sees that as his place even in 5 years' time and I bet he has designs on a Chelsea or massive Premier club role. How does he get there quickest? Success, and fast, with us. Which means kicking the financial can down the road won't bother him too much.

That long-term oversight and protection is what the Board is there for. I hope they are awake for once.

Not saying this is definitely Nourry's outlook, but it must be a possibility. Much like a manager, short-term success is needed so long-term club health is collateral damage they probably won't have to deal with.

I think you’re giving Nourry a bit too much credit tbh.

Kid from a privileged background who has already tried his hand at marketing and recruitment before falling on his feet here. Great networking list from his family and gift of the gab (read Billy bullshitter) is literally a dream combo for the ownership at QPR who are practically begging to be sold a vision…

Only at QPR could the clubs young external recruitment consultant be offered the job of CEO…
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:41 - Aug 22 with 3272 viewsLblock

Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:19 - Aug 22 by dmm

Penalties and missed free kicks in a highlights reel?

Mmmmmmm

Not bothered
He’s not even signed yet and he’s already been a better player for this club than Dozzell ever was

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:22 - Aug 22 with 2830 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:41 - Aug 22 by Lblock

Penalties and missed free kicks in a highlights reel?

Mmmmmmm

Not bothered
He’s not even signed yet and he’s already been a better player for this club than Dozzell ever was

Let it go mate, he's gone
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:28 - Aug 22 with 2747 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:20 - Aug 22 by LazyFan

As I posted before, Dykes stats have been going down every season. And he's getting the wrong side of 30.
If they can get £2m for him, he's gone.

This new fella likes a through ball and a diag. I suspect he's been bought for that, threading balls through. We have runners now, so that's useful for breakaways (what they should be called, not transitions). I am not sure about this new guy, I have a feeling he plays to generate his own top the stats for a move just like this and we have bought him on that.

But what do I know? I am a lazy so-and-so.

28 is the wrong side of 30 now? Christ I better top my pension up forthwith.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024