Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 700375 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:54 - Aug 20 with 6014 viewsTonto

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:32 - Aug 20 by davman

Kolli and Lloyd desperately need a loan; hopefully this enables that...

I can certainly ly see 2 of Kolli, Bennie, and Lloyd going on loan plus EDB. That is not a bad thing IMO.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:58 - Aug 20 with 5925 viewsjoolsyp

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:43 - Aug 20 by Spaceman_P

I reckon Chair is going... heresy I know, but just feels he's off. I don't even trust the back injury.

That's my gut feeling too... and like Eze I'd wish him well (as long as it's not to dirty Lids). Would prefer a lower Prem side to take a punt on him.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:04 - Aug 20 with 5838 viewsrbee

To be fair we have highlighted the finances many times over the past few weeks, where the money is coming from, I do not have any concerns currently.

However the five year contract rumour for Nicolas Madsen sounds unlike Christian Nourry.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:21 - Aug 20 with 5580 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:38 - Aug 20 by CroydonCaptJack

If it is £5m more than last year of course it moves the dial.

I think most figures show we've been losing about £1.8m a month, or about £20m per year. An extra £5m means you can stem some of those losses a bit, not spunk it on one player and continue haemorraghing cash. If the dial moves it's pretty imperceptible.
Quite worried by all these buys tbh. They've clearly kicked the fee for Dembele down the road until next summer as they did with Richards, which was not a great deal in the end, so we're not flush. I just can't see how the outgoings in wages are paying for all this without an imminent sale of Chair or JCS (the only two we have likely to generate any sort of fee), or Eze moving, which looks less likely by the day.
I hope we're not going down the wrong road all over again.

Bare bones.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:21 - Aug 20 with 5587 viewsjeffranger

We’ve never given anyone a 5 year contract & can’t see this being one, of all the players we’ve signed so far no one knows any of their length of contracts, so I’m not sure where all this comes from
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:25 - Aug 20 with 5500 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:17 - Aug 20 by FDC

3.75m euros is the fee according to this guy, definitely didn't anticipate the amount we'd be spending this summer. Anyone kept tabs on the total spent so far?

If the Madsen fee is true - £3.2m - I make the total spend to be something like £6.3m. Some of the figures within that total are best estimates and the £2.2m for Dembele, should we sign him next summer, isn't included.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:29 - Aug 20 with 5435 viewsHoopsie

Are we sure about this Madsen with the 5 years and €3.75 m. I recall just recently the Icelandic midfielder heading north to Preston after a poster so certainly claimed we have done the deal. Coventry lurks?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:30 - Aug 20 with 5416 viewsstinkydad

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:29 - Aug 20 by Hoopsie

Are we sure about this Madsen with the 5 years and €3.75 m. I recall just recently the Icelandic midfielder heading north to Preston after a poster so certainly claimed we have done the deal. Coventry lurks?

Rangers too, apparently.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:31 - Aug 20 with 5393 viewsNed_Kennedys

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:21 - Aug 20 by Antti_Heinola

I think most figures show we've been losing about £1.8m a month, or about £20m per year. An extra £5m means you can stem some of those losses a bit, not spunk it on one player and continue haemorraghing cash. If the dial moves it's pretty imperceptible.
Quite worried by all these buys tbh. They've clearly kicked the fee for Dembele down the road until next summer as they did with Richards, which was not a great deal in the end, so we're not flush. I just can't see how the outgoings in wages are paying for all this without an imminent sale of Chair or JCS (the only two we have likely to generate any sort of fee), or Eze moving, which looks less likely by the day.
I hope we're not going down the wrong road all over again.

Yeah the £5m extra from our Sky overlords won’t go too far.
Surely need to sell Chair or JCS in the next week or so to pay for the new players, unless Eze is sold.
We aren’t going to save much on wages loaning out the likes of Kolli, Lloyd and EDB.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:39 - Aug 20 with 5266 viewsSonofpugwash

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:00 - Aug 20 with 5080 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:39 - Aug 20 by Sonofpugwash

I’ve been looking for an excuse to put this barnstormer of a song on here.

[Post edited 20 Aug 21:00]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:01 - Aug 20 with 5039 viewsDannyPaddox

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:10 - Aug 20 by queensparker

As a fellow 6 foot 4 destroyer back in my day excited about this one

The amount of money we’re throwing around is making me nervous though. Are we sure Nourry’s calculator is working properly?

Nourry’s young he’ll still be doing this with his calculator …

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:17 - Aug 20 with 4818 viewsted_hendrix

I think some of the financial figures being bandied about on this thread are getting a wee bit ridiculous.

Either that or our club has finally gone completely mad.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:29 - Aug 20 with 4631 viewsconnell10

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:17 - Aug 20 by ted_hendrix

I think some of the financial figures being bandied about on this thread are getting a wee bit ridiculous.

Either that or our club has finally gone completely mad.

Gone mad ??? Its always been mad mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:45 - Aug 20 with 4414 viewsbaz_qpr

We banked 2.5m for Sincs so its 7.5m extra in the coffers and the biggest FFP spending year dropping out, could be another sale in the offing perhaps
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:02 - Aug 20 with 4172 viewskensalriser

Most of the numbers are pure speculation I imagine. Hard to believe that people privy to the deals haven't signed NDAs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:20 - Aug 20 with 3951 viewsLblock

I get all the panic about FFP and P&S.... Christ on three wheeled bike.... we know that more than any club - in the bloody world!!

However, when everyone is wailing and clutching their bosom about how much we are spending I say "can we afford not to?"
I just wonder how much relegation has cost Huddersfield and Brum? I'd wager a sizeable amount more than a speculative £5Mill on some good additions to steer you into calmer waters.

Backdrop of this is the absolute toothlessness in respect of the rules.
Clubs like the Scum and Man City are making a mockery of it, even the aformentioned Brum blatantly ignored it.

I'd sooner some quality additions brought in and a decent squad put together within a reasonable budget.
From what I've seen I'd trust Nourry on this and he certainly seemed to grasp the creative accountancy approach last season so maybe we've found a big new sponsor for The Mathew Rose Physio Suite which is helping to fund all this?

Couple more players be perfect, if not I think we're equipped okay however you can never have enough pace in your ranks.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:37 - Aug 20 with 3814 viewsLoft1979

Comment should be re- directed to a new thread.

From my observations of Marti, he is not afraid to throw players out there and see what they do.
Case 1, Richard’s got a look once, now he is on loan. Case2, EDB has fit in the 1st 15 and rotates in or makes the bench. Case 3, Walsh is now the back-up keeper who I hope sees plenty of time as the starter. Tuck and Kolli both have starter and both are arguably in need of extra time at a level below, ala Kelman.

I do like the argument made that Jack Colback could be the one sacrificed to make room for the newbie.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:45 - Aug 20 with 3726 viewsSuffolk

A possible means of income (improbable I know) would be Palace buying the club out in regards to the Eze sell on fee🤔
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:50 - Aug 20 with 3669 viewsted_hendrix

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:20 - Aug 20 by Lblock

I get all the panic about FFP and P&S.... Christ on three wheeled bike.... we know that more than any club - in the bloody world!!

However, when everyone is wailing and clutching their bosom about how much we are spending I say "can we afford not to?"
I just wonder how much relegation has cost Huddersfield and Brum? I'd wager a sizeable amount more than a speculative £5Mill on some good additions to steer you into calmer waters.

Backdrop of this is the absolute toothlessness in respect of the rules.
Clubs like the Scum and Man City are making a mockery of it, even the aformentioned Brum blatantly ignored it.

I'd sooner some quality additions brought in and a decent squad put together within a reasonable budget.
From what I've seen I'd trust Nourry on this and he certainly seemed to grasp the creative accountancy approach last season so maybe we've found a big new sponsor for The Mathew Rose Physio Suite which is helping to fund all this?

Couple more players be perfect, if not I think we're equipped okay however you can never have enough pace in your ranks.

I'm cautious, very cautious can't help It that's how It Is and yet all the time I'm thinking sign this bloke sign that bloke.

I still have memories of collection buckets.

I'm positive 100% but that's It, the older you get the wiser you get I tend to 'think' about things a bit more.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:59 - Aug 20 with 3580 viewsdaveB

considering that summer of 2021 left us in heaps of trouble when in terms of transfer fees we only spent just over a million (wages were the problem) this all makes me very nervous and spending this kind of money has to mean we are expecting playoffs this year rather than the mid table we've all been talking about

If we don't make a big sale this window I'm not sure how we are doing this
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:38 - Aug 21 with 3153 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:59 - Aug 20 by daveB

considering that summer of 2021 left us in heaps of trouble when in terms of transfer fees we only spent just over a million (wages were the problem) this all makes me very nervous and spending this kind of money has to mean we are expecting playoffs this year rather than the mid table we've all been talking about

If we don't make a big sale this window I'm not sure how we are doing this

We have dropped the very expensive last season with Mark Warburton in our three year Profit and Sustainability cycle. I would imagine that even the Premier League loan of Jeff Hendrick cost a bit.

Our salary bill has greatly reduced the past two seasons starting with Johansen and Austin and ending with Dozzell, Albert, Willock and all the players that we recently released.

We have the extra TV money. We have the Armstrong money.

Some of the transfer fees we are paying will be staggered. I would assume that we are spending big this season laying the foundations of the squad that Marti wants and that the next two seasons will be minor adjustments and improvements.

We really have to trust Christian Nourry with Lee Hoos looking over his shoulder. Our owners will keep pumping money in to the club, thankfully, but would not risk a second fine.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:42 - Aug 21 with 3134 views1JD

We haven’t given a 5 year deal to anyone in the last 10 years or so. And spending a rumoured near 4m on a 24 year old, who in only 1 year aged 25 will see his valuation max out, and every year thereafter depreciate rapidly, is quite frankly bonkers.

Doesn’t make sense on any level and sounds made up journalism at this point.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 04:24 - Aug 21 with 2728 viewsnumptydumpty

It's the changing of the guard

I was very taken with Warburton but the final push, especially when we had players such as Andre Gray, Charlie Austin, Stefan Johansen, was very short-term thinking.

We have got rid of the salaries of high earners such as Willock, Adomah and Dozzell, got good money for Armstrong.

This season, we have a lot of leeway with FFP, but the players signed are with long term thinking, they are young, fit the Cifuentes way of playing and am sure the plan is for a great majority of the signings to be here over the next few seasons, or as seen players that we can sell on for good money.

And yes we have a windfall also with the Sky money and within this three year rolling period, Eze is likely to be sold, and it seems we are trying to offload Paal couple million and get an up and coming player on loan, possibly initially.

I think we would still have the possibility to get in another couple on cheap loans, maybe another centre forward.

And we can definitely loan out a few ourselves, Kolli, Lloyd, EDB, Bennie.

Am certain this is all costed out fine, and the model and the plan is in place.

I think Colback is one , we may try to move on in January, am sure his wages aren't insubstantial.

I am sure also, even though most of us are very happy with Marti, am certain Nourry with his good ship data analysts , will already have their current Marti mark twos in their sights always, to carry on the model, and the players we have now will also fit in with the long term plan.

From the outside, it's evident what's going on.

There is no need to worry people from all that I have seen.

The difference in the club's outlook, the players, the manager, the playing style and the long term plan is like chalk and cheese from last season at this time.

A good time to be an R.

We even won a cup game !!! We didn't deserve to, but we won all the same !!!
[Post edited 21 Aug 4:29]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer rumours 2024 on 04:57 - Aug 21 with 2668 viewsEalingHoop81

Wasn’t a large chunk of the Eze add ons when he started a game for England? Presumably it’s likely we have already earnt a further £3m or so from that, irrespective of any sell on?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024