Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee 13:36 - Jun 17 with 4729 viewsSaintNick

Im sure most of you read something by SFC_Referee, either on this message board or when he wrote some articles about refereeing on the main page.

Tragically he passed away yesterday, sadly he suffered a seizure and fell and hit his head, it is devastating news for his family and i can only imagine how horrific it must be to lose a child, his father is devastated as you can imagine and has allowed me to put up the news on here, in fact he said Elijah ( For that was his real name) would have loved that as he enjoyed himself on here.

Some on here including myself knew him personally, he was just 19 years old and he had a passion for football and of course refereeing, where he had got himself up to a higher standard than many twice his age might not have reached.

He was passionate about Saints and went to most of the games both home and away and as we know he was not afraid to give his own opinion.

How cruel is this World when someone so young and with a zest for life and with everything ahead of him should have it cut so short so completely.

He was a lively character and I for one will miss bumping him into him at Saints games

Elijah RIP

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 21:03 - Jun 17 with 1327 viewsMytchettSaint

RIP SFC_Referee, what a terrible tragedy. I enjoyed his posts. For a young lad he had a wise head on his shoulders on here.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 21:26 - Jun 17 with 1282 viewsDENZY

RIP young man very sad news.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 02:23 - Jun 18 with 1164 viewssaint22

How awful to hear of anyone whether known to you or not
RIP
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 06:15 - Jun 18 with 1140 viewsUmPahars

Very sad to hear of such tragic news.

Thoughts go out to everyone who knew the young man.
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 06:42 - Jun 18 with 1125 viewsUlsterBaz

Truly dreadful, I’m so sorry to hear this. Like others I’d no idea he was so young. 19 is no age. RIP Elijah.
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 06:53 - Jun 18 with 1119 viewssaint68

Such sad news, RIP young man, you made a big impression in such a short time .

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 07:35 - Jun 18 with 1085 viewsSalisburySaint

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 20:10 - Jun 17 by Soton

Shocking news. I enjoyed his input on here, I would never of guessed he was so young, he spoke with good knowledge that made me think he was a lot older

What shocking news, and only 19yrs old

My thoughts with his family and friends

RIP Elijah
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 07:49 - Jun 18 with 1072 viewsmushinexile

I learned a lot from his postings and had no idea he was so young. RIP and heartfelt condolences to those who knew and loved him.
Login to get fewer ads

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 08:40 - Jun 18 with 1031 viewssaintsfanbrock

Terribly sad news, having just had my first son I really feel for his dad. Thinking of them at this horrible time.
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 08:48 - Jun 18 with 1021 viewsPaleRider

Sad news - condolences to his family and friends.
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 09:09 - Jun 18 with 1008 viewsBridders2

Truly terrible news. I'm very shocked to hear of his passing, you feel like you know every poster on here to some degree, and Elijah came across as a very genuine guy with great knowledge. This has touched many people on this board as we've discussed subjects with him so many times, a real loss. Sympathy to his poor Dad and family, if it's a small consolation he will live on with us on this forum.
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 11:33 - Jun 18 with 933 viewsNewdawn2014

So sorry to hear this I did`nt know him but thoughts are with all who did.
Rest well young man.xx
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 11:59 - Jun 18 with 911 viewsBLEEDRED

Did not know him, but there is a photo on another site and I can now place him in the Itchen North.
As many have said, so young, and will be miss by many on this site and the wider community.
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 12:50 - Jun 18 with 885 viewsSadoldgit

Such awful news. I remember him as a thoughtful poster, his posts were always worth reading. With deepest condolences to his family and friends 💐
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 16:09 - Jun 18 with 776 viewspjt50

Never met Elijah (although I think I saw him interviewed on TV once), but I'm really upset by that news. Always came across as a thoughtful guy.

Life's fragile.

Sincere condolences to his family & friends.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 18:15 - Jun 18 with 695 viewsScoot

Sad, sad news. Sending all my thoughts to the family.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 20:14 - Jun 18 with 649 viewsbattler

This is such sad news.
Such a knowledgeable young man.
RIP
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 21:29 - Jun 18 with 602 viewsDorsetIan

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 16:09 - Jun 18 by pjt50

Never met Elijah (although I think I saw him interviewed on TV once), but I'm really upset by that news. Always came across as a thoughtful guy.

Life's fragile.

Sincere condolences to his family & friends.

It is fragile.

Has reminded me to be grateful for every day and to try to live each one as if it were the last.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 06:27 - Jun 19 with 507 viewsareasix

I didn’t know him but enjoyed his comments on here as he was 19 and so young on the first home game of the season we should try and organise a 1 minute applause to recognise his dedication to Saints and football in general.
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 07:33 - Jun 19 with 489 viewseastlondonsaint

Incredibly sad, one of our own - so young. Thoughts to friends and family

"Sit down Bullseye"

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 08:15 - Jun 19 with 457 viewsfranniesTache

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/24395125.referee-southampton-fc-fan-elijah-khai
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 09:33 - Jun 19 with 419 viewsdirk_doone

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 08:15 - Jun 19 by franniesTache

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/24395125.referee-southampton-fc-fan-elijah-khai

What a fine young man he was. Such a terrible loss.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 09:34 - Jun 19 with 415 viewsSaintNick

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 09:33 - Jun 19 by dirk_doone

What a fine young man he was. Such a terrible loss.

He was a well brought up polite fella with a keen sense of humour

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 12:21 - Jun 19 with 337 views1teeminants

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 09:34 - Jun 19 by SaintNick

He was a well brought up polite fella with a keen sense of humour

I knew Elijah from a very young age about 7/8 He played football in my son’s team until about 11/12 and he always gave 100 per cent. He was a cheery and delightful young man .

He clearly had a mind of his own and often used to give advice to other youngsters even when so young himself . He was one of life’s characters and I enjoyed being in his company .

The last time I saw him was Whilst exiting ST Mary’s after saints had qualified for the play off final. We both did a quick fist pump, it was a great feeling.

RIP YOUNG MAN

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 12:51 - Jun 19 with 315 viewsfranniesTache

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 12:21 - Jun 19 by 1teeminants

I knew Elijah from a very young age about 7/8 He played football in my son’s team until about 11/12 and he always gave 100 per cent. He was a cheery and delightful young man .

He clearly had a mind of his own and often used to give advice to other youngsters even when so young himself . He was one of life’s characters and I enjoyed being in his company .

The last time I saw him was Whilst exiting ST Mary’s after saints had qualified for the play off final. We both did a quick fist pump, it was a great feeling.

RIP YOUNG MAN

He was a lovely nipper, even when he was winding us up and calling us old, or quipping to the Zulu youth running down the street that "the park run was over" (not going to lie i pissed myself laughing at that at the same time as checking they hadn't heard and getting him away from it).

I know my feeling of loss is nothing close to what Nick and family will be feeling but it really does hurt.

Yesterday when the fixtures came out I saw that we were the last game ever at Goodison and immediately thought how much he'd have loved that, and our group chat was generally just pretty silent on the games, there will be a massive hole next season for us where he should be
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024