Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foden 21:50 - Jun 26 with 1094 viewsSaintNick

Has gone home for the birth of his first child, is this acceptable or not ?

Plenty of people have to miss the birth of a child due to working away, if you are in the Armed forces serving abroad you dont get a flight home for a birth.

Some will say he has his priorities right, but Im not sure, he is highly paid and it comes with the job to work away, whatever your occupation

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Foden on 22:09 - Jun 26 with 1064 viewskingslandstand1

Disagree Nick, he should be there. They've said he'll be back for next game - if required
You say others miss it through working away,but bet they've regretted it and if forces don't, well they go in knowing it. But they also won't have a private door to door plane to get them there and back again
Foden on 22:24 - Jun 26 with 1038 viewsButty101

It’s his 3rd child. He should now have the snip and stop breeding. If he wants to go that’s his shout. Hopefully Gordon will take his chance

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Foden on 22:30 - Jun 26 with 1025 viewssaint22

Of course he should
He will be on a PJ could do the trip in 12 hours if it’s not a long labour and be back tomorrow eve
Foden on 22:41 - Jun 26 with 998 viewsRon11

Pity they can't send Southgate home
Foden on 23:21 - Jun 26 with 955 viewsLondonSaint76

Foden on 22:41 - Jun 26 by Ron11

Pity they can't send Southgate home

Plenty of people have been having kittens after watching England so far - perhaps Southgate could be sent home to be at some of the births…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Foden on 08:31 - Jun 27 with 790 viewsSonicBoom

I'm sure that most people would leave their job to attend the birth of a child, if they have the chance to do it.
Armed forces etc don't have that opportunity. But a pro footballer does have , so why wouldn't he. It's not ideal I suppose, but most would agree that some things are more important than your job.
Foden on 13:32 - Jun 27 with 637 views1885_SFC

Couldn't he have just waited 'til Sunday evening and gone back with rest of the squad?

Old School is Cool

Foden on 13:46 - Jun 27 with 626 viewsSaintNick

Foden on 08:31 - Jun 27 by SonicBoom

I'm sure that most people would leave their job to attend the birth of a child, if they have the chance to do it.
Armed forces etc don't have that opportunity. But a pro footballer does have , so why wouldn't he. It's not ideal I suppose, but most would agree that some things are more important than your job.

Of course most people would take leave from their job to attend the birth of their child, but a job is a job whether you are a pro footballer, you work on an oilrig, an airline pilot or a member of the armed forces.

You are going to be potentially working and can't drop everything to attend a birth.

Yes he can jump on a private jet and be back in the camp 12-15 hours later, but a birth isn't done to a schedule, he could be gone for days.

There is then the fatigue involved from lack of sleep and travel, is that good preparation for an important football match.

Of course family is more important than football, so sometimes you have to make a choice, indeed this isnt the first time he has made the choice to leave the England hotel, back in August 2020 he left the England squad hotel with Mason Greenwood and allegedly brought some girls back to the team hotel, he already had one child at that stage with his current partner.

Login to get fewer ads

Foden on 15:11 - Jun 27 with 568 viewsChesham_Saint

Foden on 13:46 - Jun 27 by SaintNick

Of course most people would take leave from their job to attend the birth of their child, but a job is a job whether you are a pro footballer, you work on an oilrig, an airline pilot or a member of the armed forces.

You are going to be potentially working and can't drop everything to attend a birth.

Yes he can jump on a private jet and be back in the camp 12-15 hours later, but a birth isn't done to a schedule, he could be gone for days.

There is then the fatigue involved from lack of sleep and travel, is that good preparation for an important football match.

Of course family is more important than football, so sometimes you have to make a choice, indeed this isnt the first time he has made the choice to leave the England hotel, back in August 2020 he left the England squad hotel with Mason Greenwood and allegedly brought some girls back to the team hotel, he already had one child at that stage with his current partner.

The counter argument being that if he weren't there, what would he be thinking about? We don't know how difficult the first two births might have been (and not all births go smoothly) and therefore would he be focused properly if he stayed?

The fact is there is no right or wrong answer here. Surely it depends on the individual that player and how the 'person with a womb' (or whatever pc bollocks the NHS would use) aka 'the woman' feels...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Foden on 16:38 - Jun 27 with 531 viewsSaintNick

Foden on 15:11 - Jun 27 by Chesham_Saint

The counter argument being that if he weren't there, what would he be thinking about? We don't know how difficult the first two births might have been (and not all births go smoothly) and therefore would he be focused properly if he stayed?

The fact is there is no right or wrong answer here. Surely it depends on the individual that player and how the 'person with a womb' (or whatever pc bollocks the NHS would use) aka 'the woman' feels...

So if we look at the counter argument, how would he have concentrated in the first place, he would always be on edge, births can happen at any time he would be worrying that he wouldnt be able to get a private jet at short notice, that by the time he had got to the airport jumped on a plane and got to England he would miss the birth anyway, so how could he be focused when he went there in the first place.

Yes it does depend on the individual, so perhaps he should have decided to not go in the first place, now he is going to potentially get the blame for disrupting the whole squad if we go out at the weekend

Foden on 17:13 - Jun 27 with 505 views1885_SFC

If my memory serves me right from my days on HM Ships, the Navy will fly you home from anywhere in the world if a close family member dies and there's a funeral. No such chance if it's a baby being born. The crew always know a ships' programme a year ahead - bar a war breaking out like the Falklands of course. That cost us four weeks alongside Christmas and New Year 1982 in Hong Kong, thanks to that git Galtieri.

That may have changed now of course - but I doubt it. My old man was on HM Submarines for 29-years and no one ever knew where they were. He was never allowed to tell me and my brothers or mum where he was going! He left Faslane once on the nuclear sub Warspite and dived once they were in the Irish Sea. They never surfaced again until alongside in Rio, Brazil - all that way. Sod that. I used to say "Dad, the sea is for sailing on, not under!".

Old School is Cool

Foden on 18:05 - Jun 27 with 468 viewsButty101

Foden on 16:38 - Jun 27 by SaintNick

So if we look at the counter argument, how would he have concentrated in the first place, he would always be on edge, births can happen at any time he would be worrying that he wouldnt be able to get a private jet at short notice, that by the time he had got to the airport jumped on a plane and got to England he would miss the birth anyway, so how could he be focused when he went there in the first place.

Yes it does depend on the individual, so perhaps he should have decided to not go in the first place, now he is going to potentially get the blame for disrupting the whole squad if we go out at the weekend

I really can’t upset about this. Maybe it has been on his mind, he’s not been on form. This will be a blessing in disguise as it’s a chance to get Gordon on down the left

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Foden on 18:21 - Jun 27 with 463 viewsJellybaby

I must admit I'm a little surprised this is even up for debate.

Work is just work, football is just football and this is coming from someone who has often been accused of being obsessed with both, but when it comes to it your best moments are always relational and the birth of your children is a highlight unsurpassed. Good shout Phil Foden.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Foden on 20:42 - Jun 27 with 403 viewskernow

Was fortunate enough to be present at the birth of my children and my wife wanted me to be there.
The most memorable moments of my life, walking on air.
Foden’s time is better spent there.
Foden on 12:22 - Jun 28 with 297 viewssaintwizzler

Foden is back and training with the England squad.
I’m sure his private jet journeys were very comfortable and must be a weight off his mind knowing all is well with his newborn.

On to Sunday.

ITS COMING HOME

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Foden on 12:37 - Jun 28 with 291 viewsTripleNiemi

Foden on 18:21 - Jun 27 by Jellybaby

Work is just work, football is just football and this is coming from someone who has often been accused of being obsessed with both, but when it comes to it your best moments are always relational and the birth of your children is a highlight unsurpassed. Good shout Phil Foden.

A bigger debate for me is Fruit Salads or Black Jacks?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Foden on 13:10 - Jun 28 with 281 viewsSaintNick

Foden on 18:21 - Jun 27 by Jellybaby

No one is arguing about the fact that the birth of your children is a highlight unsurpassed. It is about that in some occupations you don't have a choice in the matter, you have to miss these things.

The real crux of the matter is whether you consider that a footballer should get special dispensation despite being well paid to work on certain days and weeks of the year, to nip off home.

Foden on 14:49 - Jun 28 with 245 viewsPatfromPoole

Foden on 13:10 - Jun 28 by SaintNick

No one is arguing about the fact that the birth of your children is a highlight unsurpassed. It is about that in some occupations you don't have a choice in the matter, you have to miss these things.

The real crux of the matter is whether you consider that a footballer should get special dispensation despite being well paid to work on certain days and weeks of the year, to nip off home.

I'm not quite sure what the situation is with players being paid to pay for their country.

My thinking is that they are still paid by their club as usual.

The FA would then I think have to re-imburse the club for the duration that their player is away with the international squad, even if that is "out of season" for the clubs.

Players may then receive additional bonuses from the FA if we go particularly far in the tournament.

I think......

So ultimately the FA would be picking up the cost.

Southgate however strikes me as a totally reasonable chap, and would rather have a happy player even if it means the FA losing out financially.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Foden on 17:24 - Jun 28 with 183 viewsLondonSaint76

Foden on 14:49 - Jun 28 by PatfromPoole

I'm not quite sure what the situation is with players being paid to pay for their country.

My thinking is that they are still paid by their club as usual.

The FA would then I think have to re-imburse the club for the duration that their player is away with the international squad, even if that is "out of season" for the clubs.

Players may then receive additional bonuses from the FA if we go particularly far in the tournament.

I think......

So ultimately the FA would be picking up the cost.

Southgate however strikes me as a totally reasonable chap, and would rather have a happy player even if it means the FA losing out financially.

That just about sums it up - England players get paid about £2,000 per game but since the setting up of the EFF (England Football Foundation) in 2007 they all donate their appearance fees to the aforementioned charity.
From memory, the issue of who pays the Club wages whilst players are on International duty is buried deep in the 743 pages of the FA’s Association Rules - it’s a long time since I have needed to refer to them!
I know that an agreement signed between the ECA (European Clubs Association), UEFA & FIFA makes the National Associations obligated to fully compensate Clubs for players injured whilst on International Duty but for the duration of International call- ups I think you are correct, the Clubs are still paying the players wages.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024