Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread 23:58 - Jun 30 with 16290 viewsNed_Kennedys

Following our rousing success this evening it’s my pleasure to start the next match thread again as we stumble towards Euro success.

Foden and Saka out, Eze and Palmer in.
Centre midfield sorted after Mainoo’s decent performance.
Not sure about LB: stick with Trippier I guess?
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 08:28 - Jul 3 with 1572 viewsjohnhoop

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 11:43 - Jul 2 by StanFan

This This 100% This.
We move the ball SO SLOWLY. There is no movement from the players in front so passing forwards is a lottery. This makes it so easy to stop us as a team. Tight marking and a bit of a press and we're completely nullified.

The contrast between England and the speed with which the Austrians and Turks moved the ball yesterday made it like watching two different sports.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 15:30 - Jul 6 with 1194 viewsNed_Kennedys

Here it is Disco
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 15:38 - Jul 6 with 1184 viewsSK_hoops

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 10:01 - Jul 2 by Watford_Ranger

Football is cyclical and I think 442 will make a comeback at some point. So many teams trying and failing to play lovely triangles while rarely looking like scoring. There’s nothing wrong with being a bit more direct, looking to play in the other team’s half and having more than one isolated striker. It doesn’t have to be John Beck.

That Swiss midfielder Toby Le Rone plays really well in a triangle.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 15:42 - Jul 6 with 1166 viewsLblock

I’ve gone 1-1 and penalties

My ghast will be flabbered if Safegate announces more than one change in 25 mins time
It’s crying out for 3-5-1-1 in my book but no….. rigid rhino won’t budge

Here’s hoping for more Jude magic (although I’m also backing him for a booking Gazza style)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 15:44 - Jul 6 with 1153 viewspaulparker

How does Trippier get a head of TAA ???

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 15:54 - Jul 6 with 1124 viewsDiscodroids

2-0 england.
[Post edited 6 Jul 17:23]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 16:14 - Jul 6 with 1048 viewsDiscodroids

Someone call a doctor, Fat Franks anecdotes about his famous friends in the music business need surgically removing.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 16:25 - Jul 6 with 996 viewsted_hendrix

Hopefully the camera director will continue to give us plenty of close ups of supporters noses whilst the game Is In motion, I particularly like the shots of supporters who are looking distraught beyond belief as they're team are losing 1-0 In the 93rd minute until all of a sudden one of them spots that his particular group have 'appeared' on the big screen and points to all his group shouting with an enormous grin on his ridiculously painted face FCM ME LOOK.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 16:31 - Jul 6 with 946 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I'm going to play wing backs, but leave the best right wing back we have in TAA on the bench.

Good grief.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 16:45 - Jul 6 with 891 viewsjohnhoop

Trippier must have incriminating material on him.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 16:57 - Jul 6 with 844 viewsstevec

Easy win today, Swiss team barely even be bothered to sing their national anthem.

Always a telling sign.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:02 - Jul 6 with 829 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Same formation, contrary to rumour.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:11 - Jul 6 with 772 viewsNed_Kennedys

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:02 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Same formation, contrary to rumour.

Well it would have been a travesty to take Trippier away from the left side: he’s lit the tournament up over there. And Saka doesn’t LIKE playing on the left and it would’ve been unfair not to bow to his wishes.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:12 - Jul 6 with 766 viewslassel

A 100% left footed RWB and a 100% right footed LWB.

Make it make sense…
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:14 - Jul 6 with 754 viewsBluce_Ree

Saka looking good here. Foden lucky to be playing but is doing well too. No complaints here so far

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:18 - Jul 6 with 736 viewsaston_hoop

Already looks much better than the Slovakia game. I really like Kobbie Mainoo as a player

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:19 - Jul 6 with 731 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Foden looking better in a more central position. Should suit Bellingham too.

It definitely looks like a change of formation, but a tweak rather than an overhaul.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:19 - Jul 6 with 729 viewsDiscodroids

Mainoo rapidly becoming my favourite england player, after Eze of course.

Great little player.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:35 - Jul 6 with 644 viewsNed_Kennedys

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:19 - Jul 6 by Discodroids

Great little player.

He’s been quality, has put the rest of our midfielders to shame.

So far this England performance is same old, same old. Lucky for us Switzerland haven’t got going yet.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:36 - Jul 6 with 644 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:19 - Jul 6 by Discodroids

Great little player.

Agreed.
Playing with freedom.
Positionally, without the ball, I'm not sure what his job is but it looks a bit more structured today.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:37 - Jul 6 with 626 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:35 - Jul 6 by Ned_Kennedys

He’s been quality, has put the rest of our midfielders to shame.

So far this England performance is same old, same old. Lucky for us Switzerland haven’t got going yet.

I think it's a good bit better, Ned, but I'm easily pleased after a glass of red.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:38 - Jul 6 with 620 viewsBluce_Ree

Kane's lack of anticipation has let us down a few times already.

He needs a Macca in there telling him to fk off out of the way like he's Dichio at Huddersfield.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:41 - Jul 6 with 591 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:38 - Jul 6 by Bluce_Ree

Kane's lack of anticipation has let us down a few times already.

He needs a Macca in there telling him to fk off out of the way like he's Dichio at Huddersfield.

What's that story, Bluce?

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:46 - Jul 6 with 525 viewsrbee

Whatever the tweaks it’s same old same old, passing it around and not getting anywhere. Switzerland will be happy.

Maybe Gareth will tweak it for the second half 😂
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:46 - Jul 6 with 520 viewsGloucs_R

Kane for Toney

Everything else solid but uninspiring

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024