Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Denis Law 19:43 - Jan 17 with 7046 viewsCamberleyR

Very sad. A truly great player and fantastic goalscorer. The only Scot to win the Ballon d'Or.

RIP Lawman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo
[Post edited 17 Jan 2025 19:49]

Poll: How many more points will we get this season?

6
RIP Denis Law on 19:48 - Jan 17 with 7002 viewsMrSheen

King of the cheeky back-heel.
1
RIP Denis Law on 19:48 - Jan 17 with 6998 viewsdaveB

Thats so sad, Wonderful player and always loved his overly biased commentary on ITV

This video came out a few years back and is sad and quite uplifting at the same time

[Post edited 17 Jan 2025 19:48]
1
RIP Denis Law on 19:50 - Jan 17 with 6945 viewsSonofpugwash

That ability to "hang" in the air for headers truly amazing.
So sad .R.I.P.Denis.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

0
RIP Denis Law on 19:53 - Jan 17 with 6938 viewsflynnbo

Wonderful player and what a forward line they had at Manchester United. He was the King of the Stretford End with his very own statue there as well as the "Holy Trinity" one at the other end. RIP Denis.
0
RIP Denis Law on 19:53 - Jan 17 with 6934 viewsjeffranger50

Sad news & one of the greatest all time centre forwards I’ve seen in my time, RIP Dennis
[Post edited 17 Jan 2025 19:54]
0
RIP Denis Law on 19:59 - Jan 17 with 6882 viewszicoshoops

I was lucky enough to see him play.
The first year we were in the first division.
At HQ, we lost 2-3.
If I remember correctly he scored the winner for them.
They called him the Lawman.
What a player, world class.
What would he be worth in today’s transfer market?
While I’m watching two bob players being sold for, and on millions.

Whats going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
2
RIP Denis Law on 20:08 - Jan 17 with 6798 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sad news. A true footballing legend. Alzheimer's is a truly awful disease. RIP The Lawman.
0
RIP Denis Law on 20:20 - Jan 17 with 6765 viewsstevec

RIP Denis Law on 19:59 - Jan 17 by zicoshoops

I was lucky enough to see him play.
The first year we were in the first division.
At HQ, we lost 2-3.
If I remember correctly he scored the winner for them.
They called him the Lawman.
What a player, world class.
What would he be worth in today’s transfer market?
While I’m watching two bob players being sold for, and on millions.

Whats going on?

We should be told

Sort it out


Same here.

8 years old, Law Charlton Best at the Rangers, only time I’ve ever been in awe of footballers on a pitch.

RIP Denis Law.
1
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Denis Law on 20:39 - Jan 17 with 6711 viewscolinallcars

RIP - he was superb.
0
RIP Denis Law on 20:41 - Jan 17 with 6703 viewsPlanetHonneywood

RIP Denis Law on 20:08 - Jan 17 by Benny_the_Ball

Sad news. A true footballing legend. Alzheimer's is a truly awful disease. RIP The Lawman.


This...and everything else above.

RIP Dennis

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

0
RIP Denis Law on 21:03 - Jan 17 with 6635 viewsBoston

George Best once commented that he wasn't fit to lace Denis Law's boots.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

0
RIP Denis Law on 21:11 - Jan 17 with 6575 viewsVancouverHoop

Ah... no! Law, Greaves, Moore, Charlton, Best, Banks. The giants of my early teens, all gone now. Dammit all!

RIP Dennis.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2025 21:12]
0
RIP Denis Law on 21:15 - Jan 17 with 6540 viewscolinallcars

RIP Denis Law on 21:03 - Jan 17 by Boston

George Best once commented that he wasn't fit to lace Denis Law's boots.


Taylor Richards isn't fit to lace his own boots if that farce at, where was it,is anything to go by.
0
RIP Denis Law on 21:33 - Jan 17 with 6493 viewsfrancisbowles

A truly great player. I'll overlook the playing golf on Saturday 30th July 1966 so he didn't have to watch the crowning of the auld enemy. RIP
0
RIP Denis Law on 22:07 - Jan 17 with 6426 viewspaulparker

Never forgot the look on his face after we stuffed them 4-1 in 92

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

1
RIP Denis Law on 22:29 - Jan 17 with 6380 viewsdmm

I can't add much more than what's already been said other than he was literally a legend in his own lifetime. Played with that cheeky smile. Loved by so many and, being a Scot, I was absolutely one of them.
1
RIP Denis Law on 23:07 - Jan 17 with 6321 viewsnumptydumpty

RIP Denis Law on 22:07 - Jan 17 by paulparker

Never forgot the look on his face after we stuffed them 4-1 in 92


Said by PaulParker who was playing in red that day.

Yes my memory of him too.

Elton Wellsby's crowning glory !!

Dennis before my time but know my football history

RIP Dennis

"Walking in a Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Whats going to happen to Man City ????

0
RIP Denis Law on 23:47 - Jan 17 with 6269 viewsrbee

Rest In Peace Dennis Law, Lawman.
0
RIP Denis Law on 00:35 - Jan 18 with 6213 viewsRanger_1969

One of the games greats.... RIP
0
RIP Denis Law on 07:21 - Jan 18 with 6043 viewsHantsR

RIP Denis Law on 19:59 - Jan 17 by zicoshoops

I was lucky enough to see him play.
The first year we were in the first division.
At HQ, we lost 2-3.
If I remember correctly he scored the winner for them.
They called him the Lawman.
What a player, world class.
What would he be worth in today’s transfer market?
While I’m watching two bob players being sold for, and on millions.

Whats going on?

We should be told

Sort it out


Yes, I was there as well. I also went to Spurs to see Rodney play for Man City and I believe that Denis Law was in that side? An outstanding talent. RIP Denis.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2025 7:51]
0
RIP Denis Law on 08:31 - Jan 18 with 5949 viewsdmm

Some fantastic pics here: https://www.theguardian.com/fo
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026