Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kat Liebherr 07:49 - Jan 5 with 1919 viewsPatfromPoole

Apologies if previously debated on here.

Do we think that Sport Republic didn’t have the cash to buy out her 20% stake?

Or that she simply refused to sell, and wants to have a continuing involvement with the club?

Or perhaps that she felt her 20% stake could be worth quite a bit more in a few years if the club can push a few places up the League?

She seems to get a fairly mixed press on here. I do however feel she has the club’s best interests at heart, so if she is sticking around, I think on balance that is for the best.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 7:53]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Kat Liebherr on 08:11 - Jan 5 with 1866 viewskingslandstand1

I'd love to think she wants to retrain an interest in the club, even if only as a play thing as a memory of her father and to at least have some say in the running of it to ensure her father's legacy remains
Kat Liebherr on 08:16 - Jan 5 with 1852 viewsSalisburySaint

suggest you listen to interview with Semmens, it was always been an intention for Kat to keep an interest in club as part of families legacy , and the feedback I've had from staff I regularly deal with at club has always been positive about her, and she always tries to do things in the best interest of the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bfcx31
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 9:03]
Kat Liebherr on 08:45 - Jan 5 with 1811 viewsPatfromPoole

Kat Liebherr on 08:16 - Jan 5 by SalisburySaint

suggest you listen to interview with Semmens, it was always been an intention for Kat to keep an interest in club as part of families legacy , and the feedback I've had from staff I regularly deal with at club has always been positive about her, and she always tries to do things in the best interest of the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bfcx31
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 9:03]

Thanks for that, Terry.

That’s a decent listen.

Hope Semmens stays as well.

Kat Liebherr on 09:38 - Jan 5 with 1729 viewssaints__fan__73

Money. Pure and simple.

She has already made around a quarter of a billion from the club so selling her 20% now when 80% only costs around £200m is not going to make much difference to her.

It's zero risk for her. If we come out of covid and the values of football teams in the PL start to spiral again then she can cash in and make a(nother) fortune from the club.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Kat Liebherr on 10:28 - Jan 5 with 1655 viewsBazza

Kat Liebherr on 09:38 - Jan 5 by saints__fan__73

Money. Pure and simple.

She has already made around a quarter of a billion from the club so selling her 20% now when 80% only costs around £200m is not going to make much difference to her.

It's zero risk for her. If we come out of covid and the values of football teams in the PL start to spiral again then she can cash in and make a(nother) fortune from the club.

Where does the £200m come from?
Kat Liebherr on 10:48 - Jan 5 with 1623 viewssaints__fan__73

Kat Liebherr on 10:28 - Jan 5 by Bazza

Where does the £200m come from?

Sorry typo, £100m!

Kat Liebherr on 11:32 - Jan 5 with 1591 viewsTripleNiemi

I personally don't know what the reason might be for her still having a 20% stake but like you, i think it is a good thing.

She gets a harsh press from some quarters imho. That said, she or her advisors didn't do a great job when selling 80% off the first time around.

Glad she remains on board though.....

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Kat Liebherr on 11:39 - Jan 5 with 1569 viewsSonicBoom

I think it's a good thing. A nice link to her past and I imagine that she probably thinks about what her dad would have thought before she makes decisions.
As for her making money, what's the problem with that ? That's how the world goes round. No one will ever buy the club just to be "nice". If the owners are making money that generally means the club is doing well. When we had Rupert Lowe we did nothing but lose money hence we were bankrupt and sold for 13 million.
Login to get fewer ads

Kat Liebherr on 12:25 - Jan 5 with 1510 viewssaints__fan__73

Kat Liebherr on 11:39 - Jan 5 by SonicBoom

I think it's a good thing. A nice link to her past and I imagine that she probably thinks about what her dad would have thought before she makes decisions.
As for her making money, what's the problem with that ? That's how the world goes round. No one will ever buy the club just to be "nice". If the owners are making money that generally means the club is doing well. When we had Rupert Lowe we did nothing but lose money hence we were bankrupt and sold for 13 million.

Well that's a load of bollux.

When Rupes was here we were a plc and so had to break even (which was why the brain dead fans used to say 'where's the investment??).

We went into admin as Michael (COYS) Wilde spent hugely to try and get promoted. When this failed we were always going to go into admin.

Kat Liebherr on 12:40 - Jan 5 with 1488 viewsSaintNick

Kat Liebherr on 12:25 - Jan 5 by saints__fan__73

Well that's a load of bollux.

When Rupes was here we were a plc and so had to break even (which was why the brain dead fans used to say 'where's the investment??).

We went into admin as Michael (COYS) Wilde spent hugely to try and get promoted. When this failed we were always going to go into admin.

Virtually spot on, when Lowe left we had £7 million in the bank for a transfer kitty, Wilde ousted him, spent the money, promised to underwrite further signings , when Lowe returned the club had an overdraft of £4 million, which Lowe staved off closure on with a business plan that was ultimately scuppered by the credit crunch.

Lowe is now seen as the man who took Saints into administration when in truth he came back to try and save the club.

Lowe could be called to task for many things, but the worst mistake he made was coming back here, if he hadn't then he could have smugly told the tale of how those who took over dragged the club into administration and almost oblivion

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Kat Liebherr on 12:42 - Jan 5 with 1487 viewsCapt_Koons

I'm glad she's still a significant shareholder. I think she offers some stability and, as has been said, a link back to happy times. I hope she keeps her holding for years to come.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Kat Liebherr on 12:49 - Jan 5 with 1481 viewsSaintNick

Kat Liebherr on 12:42 - Jan 5 by Capt_Koons

I'm glad she's still a significant shareholder. I think she offers some stability and, as has been said, a link back to happy times. I hope she keeps her holding for years to come.

I agree some have given her stick, but I think she has always done the right thing by the club

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Kat Liebherr on 13:04 - Jan 5 with 1454 viewssaints__fan__73

Kat Liebherr on 12:40 - Jan 5 by SaintNick

Virtually spot on, when Lowe left we had £7 million in the bank for a transfer kitty, Wilde ousted him, spent the money, promised to underwrite further signings , when Lowe returned the club had an overdraft of £4 million, which Lowe staved off closure on with a business plan that was ultimately scuppered by the credit crunch.

Lowe is now seen as the man who took Saints into administration when in truth he came back to try and save the club.

Lowe could be called to task for many things, but the worst mistake he made was coming back here, if he hadn't then he could have smugly told the tale of how those who took over dragged the club into administration and almost oblivion

For once, we agree. ;)

Kat Liebherr on 13:10 - Jan 5 with 1444 viewsPatfromPoole

Kat Liebherr on 13:04 - Jan 5 by saints__fan__73

For once, we agree. ;)

Get a room, you two 🙄

Kat Liebherr on 13:13 - Jan 5 with 1441 viewsPatfromPoole

Kat Liebherr on 12:40 - Jan 5 by SaintNick

Lowe was hardly selfless here though, was he?

Didn’t he have a lot of shares that he didn’t want becoming worthless?

Kat Liebherr on 13:24 - Jan 5 with 1407 viewssaints__fan__73

Kat Liebherr on 13:13 - Jan 5 by PatfromPoole

Lowe was hardly selfless here though, was he?

Didn’t he have a lot of shares that he didn’t want becoming worthless?

Yes, he had a vested issue in Wilde not obliterating the club.

Kat Liebherr on 13:34 - Jan 5 with 1382 viewssaints__fan__73

I would say though Nick that Lowe's biggest mistake by far was listening to the idiot fans who didn't want Hoddle back. If we had appointed Hoddle we wouldn't have gone down but then again I guess it all worked out well as without relegation we wouldn't have had all the fun of the Cortese years of two promotions, a Wembley Cup final win and getting in a manager who is now at one of the biggest clubs in the World!

Kat Liebherr on 14:14 - Jan 5 with 1319 viewsPatfromPoole

Kat Liebherr on 13:34 - Jan 5 by saints__fan__73

I would say though Nick that Lowe's biggest mistake by far was listening to the idiot fans who didn't want Hoddle back. If we had appointed Hoddle we wouldn't have gone down but then again I guess it all worked out well as without relegation we wouldn't have had all the fun of the Cortese years of two promotions, a Wembley Cup final win and getting in a manager who is now at one of the biggest clubs in the World!

Where is this Cortese, of whom you so highly speak?

Kat Liebherr on 15:32 - Jan 5 with 1243 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I dont know Kat Liebherr personally but occasionally used to see her in a restaurant in Oxford Street, often with her son(?) who, apparently was (and hopefully still is) a Saints fan.
Without any proof I have always thought that Kat retained an interest at Saints on behalf of her family and if she makes some money on the side without unduly impacting on the club then I am OK with that.
I have always harboured hope that if the club ever suffered another nasty financial shock then Kat would use some of the funds she got from the Gao transaction to prop us up.
Kat Liebherr on 17:13 - Jan 5 with 1152 viewsCenturion

Kat Liebherr on 13:34 - Jan 5 by saints__fan__73

The re-appointment of Hoddle caused a massive split in the fan base.I seem to remember the majority would have welcomed Hoddle back for footballing reasons as he oversaw one of our most successful periods in the top flight. Those against Hoddle were more emotional and louder in their opposition and won the day.
Would Saints have been relegated f Hoddle had been appointed?, possibly not. But as you point out, the disaster of relegation in the end meant we were taken over by Marcus.
Interesting piece of history though.
Kat Liebherr on 17:17 - Jan 5 with 1147 viewsTripleNiemi

Kat Liebherr on 14:14 - Jan 5 by PatfromPoole

Where is this Cortese, of whom you so highly speak?

Back working with that Les Reed feller at er.......
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 17:18]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024