Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Storm Eunice 17:32 - Feb 17 with 4968 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's going to be a terrible and really nasty storm, apparently. Advice is not to travel in the morning. Anyone travelling to work tomorrow morning?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Storm Eunice on 18:29 - Feb 17 with 2546 viewsBicester_North

Just looked at the forecast, Southampton winds over 90mph

Seems like we will get it worse than just about anywhere else in the country

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Storm Eunice on 18:33 - Feb 17 with 2536 viewsSaintsforeverj

Storm Eunice on 18:29 - Feb 17 by Bicester_North

Just looked at the forecast, Southampton winds over 90mph

Seems like we will get it worse than just about anywhere else in the country

We have tied everything down in the garden and secured the cars. One fence already down from last night, so expecting more fences to come down.

Storm Eunice on 18:36 - Feb 17 with 2522 viewsSouthamptonfan

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Storm Eunice on 19:00 - Feb 17 with 2483 viewssolent_toffee

I work in my summer house in the back garden, not going to bother tomorrow. Just been into the garden and put everything that’s not nailed down into the garage. We have woods directly behind with some precarious huge branches, dreading them coming down.
Storm Eunice on 22:31 - Feb 17 with 2277 viewskingslandstand1

Storm Eunice on 18:36 - Feb 17 by Southamptonfan

I'm trying to think along those lines that it won't be as bad as they say mainly cos I have a busy day tomorrow that needs to happen.
But I could be wrong ......
Storm Eunice on 23:23 - Feb 17 with 2221 viewsericofarabia

Everton are due to fly down tomorrow, scheduled to arrive about 1630 ish.

By then winds are due to have reduced to about 40mph, but from the west which would mean a very strong crosswind at Eastleigh Intl Airport. I wouldn't be surprised if they do fly at all, that they go to Hurn instead which gas a more east - west Runway alignment.

Either way it would be a bumpy ride!! Hopefully they'll have a bumpy ride at SMS as well.
Storm Eunice on 00:48 - Feb 18 with 2151 viewsBison

Storm Eunice on 18:36 - Feb 17 by Southamptonfan

i was working on the 7th Floor of Norwich House that night(by train station). The wind howling down Commercial Road sucked the windows out of a furniture store opposite , was funny watching some 'looters' trying to cart off a sofa and stuff .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Storm Eunice on 08:10 - Feb 18 with 2022 viewsHeisenberg

What a load of media driven nonsense. We are an island that from time to time gets battered by the odd storm. Now it seems when we do everything stops. Schools shut. No trains. Total and utter nonsense. Stay safe all. Bollox.

Rant over.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

Storm Eunice on 08:27 - Feb 18 with 2007 viewsSaintsforeverj

Storm Eunice on 08:10 - Feb 18 by Heisenberg

What a load of media driven nonsense. We are an island that from time to time gets battered by the odd storm. Now it seems when we do everything stops. Schools shut. No trains. Total and utter nonsense. Stay safe all. Bollox.

Rant over.

At the moment, I have to agree. It doesn't seem too bad at the moment, just a bit blustery. They have upgraded to red, is the worse still to come? Or have the media whipped everyone into a frenzy for nothing?
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 8:28]

Storm Eunice on 08:32 - Feb 18 with 1995 viewsButty101

Rant over.

Totally agree - Ive had stronger farts after a curry

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Storm Eunice on 08:40 - Feb 18 with 1988 viewssolent_toffee

Rant over.

They had a woman over here from Canada on the radio earlier in complete shock that everything comes to a halt over the weather.

We do seem to go massively over the top.
Storm Eunice on 08:54 - Feb 18 with 1957 viewsSalisburySaint

Storm Eunice on 08:27 - Feb 18 by Saintsforeverj

At the moment, I have to agree. It doesn't seem too bad at the moment, just a bit blustery. They have upgraded to red, is the worse still to come? Or have the media whipped everyone into a frenzy for nothing?

looking at Met office sites, worst of the High winds in our area will be between 9am and Noon, so lets see what happens
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 8:54]
Storm Eunice on 09:03 - Feb 18 with 1935 viewsSonicBoom

To be fair the media they just just report stuff. Whether you decide to be "whipped up into a frenzy" is up to the individual.
Storm Eunice on 09:09 - Feb 18 with 1926 viewsdwayne_dibley

gentle breeze around Chandlers Ford, Michael Fish is so missed

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Storm Eunice on 09:20 - Feb 18 with 1912 viewsRon11

Storm Eunice on 09:03 - Feb 18 by SonicBoom

To be fair the media they just just report stuff. Whether you decide to be "whipped up into a frenzy" is up to the individual.

Apart from the likes of the Express. Every headline is a foaming at the mouth lie.
Meanwhile, in Locks Heath, it's blustery but birds are still flying.
Storm Eunice on 09:23 - Feb 18 with 1909 viewsSaintsforeverj

Storm Eunice on 09:03 - Feb 18 by SonicBoom

But when the media say this will be the worse storm in 30 years, sting jets, hurricane 100 mph winds, danger to life blah blah blah, they ought to be correct before scaring lots of people unnecessarily. Could get worse yet, but BBc weather for Southampton reporting winds getting weaker from about 11 this morning. It doesn't seem as bad as they said to me.

Storm Eunice on 09:33 - Feb 18 with 1886 viewsdwayne_dibley

wind around Chandlers Ford stating to pick up, that Aldi curry last night is doing the job. Bamboo plants outside waggling well

Storm Eunice on 09:35 - Feb 18 with 1880 viewsSaintsforeverj

Storm Eunice on 09:33 - Feb 18 by dwayne_dibley

wind around Chandlers Ford stating to pick up, that Aldi curry last night is doing the job. Bamboo plants outside waggling well

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/weather/1567389/Storm-Eunice

Storm of the he century. Run for your life. My roof is still there I hope.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 9:36]

Storm Eunice on 09:42 - Feb 18 with 1832 viewsGasGiant

My advice is to the Met Office to stop giving winter storms silly names, enabling the media to whip everyone up into hysteria whenever we get one, which is every other week. Rather than allowing people to make allowances for the weather by allowing more time and so on, we now see public transport shut down entirely in anticipation of storms and risk averse Ministers and Quango CEOs scuttling from personal accountability like overfed cockroaches at the tiniest hint of trouble. Chance of traffic cones blowing onto the road? Better close the road just in case.
Storm Eunice on 09:58 - Feb 18 with 1787 viewsdarthvader

Storm Eunice on 09:35 - Feb 18 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/weather/1567389/Storm-Eunice

Storm of the he century. Run for your life. My roof is still there I hope.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 9:36]

A bit blowy here in eastleigh but then my work was cancelled so i havent ventured out yet . When i do though, ill take me kite

keep the faith coyr

Storm Eunice on 10:06 - Feb 18 with 1767 viewsSaintsforeverj

Storm Eunice on 09:58 - Feb 18 by darthvader

A bit blowy here in eastleigh but then my work was cancelled so i havent ventured out yet . When i do though, ill take me kite

Don't go out. 🤫. It's so bad out there, you will be taken up into the sky by the wind, if you have a kite. Remember, this is the storm.of the century.

Storm Eunice on 10:28 - Feb 18 with 1738 viewsBison

Talking to the missus who's from up north and we cant ever remember schools being closed due to the RISK of wind. Like someone said everyone seems to of become risk adverse all it would take is for a tree to fall down in a school and that would justify every school in Hampshire being closed.

Us old'uns can be hypocritical though , moaning about a bit of bad weather and the over reaction whilst at the same time demanding everyone wears a mask and wanting to close down nightclubs when that wouldn't effect them the slightest.

Us Brits eh ?

Storm Eunice on 10:33 - Feb 18 with 1727 viewsBison

Storm Eunice on 10:28 - Feb 18 by Bison

Talking to the missus who's from up north and we cant ever remember schools being closed due to the RISK of wind. Like someone said everyone seems to of become risk adverse all it would take is for a tree to fall down in a school and that would justify every school in Hampshire being closed.

Us old'uns can be hypocritical though , moaning about a bit of bad weather and the over reaction whilst at the same time demanding everyone wears a mask and wanting to close down nightclubs when that wouldn't effect them the slightest.

Us Brits eh ?

Storm Eunice on 10:36 - Feb 18 with 1718 viewsSaintsforeverj

Storm Eunice on 10:28 - Feb 18 by Bison

Us Brits eh ?

I can understand schools etc being cautious, after all the warnings of a Florida style hurricane, storm of the century, worse for 30 years, danger to life and so on. But, It's nowhere near any if those things. It's the media dramatising everything. There is even a cobra meeting today! It's not even that bad! It's windy but not tsunami style, building collapsing style emergency situation that they have us all believe. I agree with you though, everything is way over the top.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 10:40]

Storm Eunice on 10:38 - Feb 18 with 1715 viewsdwayne_dibley

As blowjobs go the storm Eunice is more Dido Harding than Judy Comer
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 11:12]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024