Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Egg on our faces? 21:57 - Jan 11 with 2145 viewskingslandstand1

The fans that is

When was the last time we saw a performance like this. Actually go to Everton full of confidence and the players actually DID looklike they wanted it

We (the team and manager) actually shut EVERYBODY up tonight
Egg on our faces? on 21:58 - Jan 11 with 2147 viewsButty101

Unbelievable stuff where has that fight been

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Egg on our faces? on 22:02 - Jan 11 with 2106 viewsSouthamptonfan

Yes, egg on our faces. Brilliant performance. Well done Saints.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Egg on our faces? on 22:03 - Jan 11 with 2096 viewscocklebreath

Brilliant, beat Everton and I’m fully on board with the Welsh meathead. Every player was great tonight. Now we know we can do it we have to do it every week.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Egg on our faces? on 22:03 - Jan 11 with 2091 viewsgrumpy

Did I just dream that?

Well done Saints and well done Jones(did I just say that!)
Egg on our faces? on 22:12 - Jan 11 with 2042 viewsRon11

Good to see the second half sit back and defend has finally gone, as well as most of the sideways/back passing.Also seeing Djenepo allowed to play in his natural position and score a great goal rather than being played at left back....
Egg on our faces? on 22:23 - Jan 11 with 1935 viewskingslandstand1

Egg on our faces? on 22:12 - Jan 11 by Ron11

Good to see the second half sit back and defend has finally gone, as well as most of the sideways/back passing.Also seeing Djenepo allowed to play in his natural position and score a great goal rather than being played at left back....

And look how pleased Djenepo was after the whistle had gone
Egg on our faces? on 22:25 - Jan 11 with 1942 viewsBuenosSaint

Someone else who made an assumption.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/when-carabao-c

Poll: The Long Future

Egg on our faces? on 23:01 - Jan 11 with 1814 viewsDorsetIan

Yes, a massive eggy mess.

Credit to Jones and the players - not played like that for ages.

Even getting used to Jones defending himself all the time. They usually 'oh, I don't pay any attention to the media'.

Not Jones: 'I've got a non-league manager criticising me. It baffles me. I don't talk about Havant and Waterlooville. I don't talk about levels I know nothing about'.

He's feisty for a born again Christian, isn't he.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Egg on our faces? on 23:33 - Jan 11 with 1700 viewsRon11

Egg on our faces? on 22:23 - Jan 11 by kingslandstand1

And look how pleased Djenepo was after the whistle had gone

Yes, he’s a good lad.
Egg on our faces? on 05:23 - Jan 12 with 1540 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Good to see many omitting that they may have been far too quick to criticize Jones's methodes & tactics --    but quite rightly so ! All that we got before , last night's amazing performance , SAINTS looked like a totally dysfunctional team, lacking desire and effort AND hadn't a Clue of how to win games.Now ALL that I was trying to point out , surely  NJ , DESERVES AT LEAST A CHANCE to see if he could stimulate our team?
Now we know that they have that sort of performance in them , we now look forward to significant improvement in league performances ! and without coming away from Goodison Park without a point - would make all of last night's efforts worthless.       COYS .
I was not aware until last night that Jones set fire to Lutons trainng grounds table tennis table stateing - Were here to work !

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Egg on our faces? on 06:53 - Jan 12 with 1442 viewsRipleys_revenge

Amazing performance. Lavias contributions in midfield really cannot be overstated. Absolute rolls Royce of a player
Egg on our faces? on 08:06 - Jan 12 with 1281 viewsCity_boy

Fantastic performance last night.

I have been one of those that has been critical of Jones and I still standby that criticism. The style of play and the manner in which we lost in those recent games was bad.

Why he keeps making it all about him in post match interviews, and telling us again how hard he has had to work to get where he is is baffling at best and arrogant at worst. I am not sure I agreed with his comments that the performances have been there in last 4 games !

It is one (fantastic game/performance), and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but jury is still out for me on joining the Jones band wagon.

Let's see if we can maintain this effort (and style) and move up the league.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 8:07]
Egg on our faces? on 08:21 - Jan 12 with 1234 viewsButty101

You think what city sold Lavia for and at the same time paid for Phillips! Crazy business

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Egg on our faces? on 08:34 - Jan 12 with 1198 viewssaint22

Egg on our faces? on 08:21 - Jan 12 by Butty101

You think what city sold Lavia for and at the same time paid for Phillips! Crazy business

Very true
and Grealish, swanning around like he is messi, looks bang average these days that chump

Well done NJ and the team now lets see that over and over and maybe, just maybe there is hope
that said no good doing that against City and then failing to turn up at everton, we need exactly the same again
I like NJ's arrogance and if he produces game after game like that from our players then and takes on board we need to press and harry and not lump it then I am in

seems like a back 4 works too NJ....
Egg on our faces? on 08:53 - Jan 12 with 1150 viewssaint901

A huge well done on winning and showing me I was wrong to not go yesterday.

Before we get carried away though, let's see this performance in the next 4 or 5 league games and put some distance between us and the foot of the table.
Egg on our faces? on 08:55 - Jan 12 with 1143 viewsA1079

Massive egg on my face and I don't mind when you get a performance and result like that. If that transfers into consistency in performance and results then I am more than happy to be proved wrong about NJ.

One swallow doth not a summer make so we will see whether last night was a one off or whether it is the start of something much better.

I still disagree with NJ's comments about performances in the previous games. We have been woeful prior to last night especially against Brighton and Forest where we offered very little or nothing.

One game does not change my opinion at this moment but if NJ proves me very wrong in my judgement then so be it. The next 2 league games are key - minimum of 4 points to at least keep us in touch.
Egg on our faces? on 09:17 - Jan 12 with 1066 viewsgrumpy

Now I have had time to calm down,yes! it was a good performance,but it was a cup tie,anything can happen in those.
Man City looked a shadow of themselves.
Players upped their game dramatically and credit to them and their manager.
We need consistency now and that is a hard ask.
I don't want to be cynical but I hope players weren't just trying to impress for their own ends.
Having said that they showed skill,passion and energy last night and that shows they have it in them to pull us out of the bottom of the Premiership.
We can do it COYRS..........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024