Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex Saints player could return to Premier League 18:06 - Jul 17 with 1566 viewsSalisburySaint

Super Nathan Redmond a free agent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66226343
Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 20:44 - Jul 17 with 1482 viewsSaintNick

Getting £17 million for Nathan Tella and signing Redmond on a free would be good business, certainly it looks like they think that at 29 he is probably the better bet

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 20:50 - Jul 17 with 1470 views1teeminants

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 20:44 - Jul 17 by SaintNick

Getting £17 million for Nathan Tella and signing Redmond on a free would be good business, certainly it looks like they think that at 29 he is probably the better bet

Sounds like this is happening which hopefully means Tella will stay.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 22:04 - Jul 17 with 1444 viewsSaintNick

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 20:50 - Jul 17 by 1teeminants

Sounds like this is happening which hopefully means Tella will stay.

Nathan Tella 24 years old 33 appearances in the Premier league for Saints 1 goal.

Nathan Redmond 29 years old 195 appearances in the Premier League for Saints and 21 goals, not a great total some would say but 1 goal every 9 games roughly speaking .

By the time Redmond was 24 years old he had played 102 Premier league games and scored 14 goals (Including 6 for Norwich)

Given the choice of getting £17 million for Tella and Redmond on a free I know which one i would prefer, seems that Burnley are thinking the dame way, they are going for experience and we are going for inexperience

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 22:31 - Jul 17 with 1423 viewsButty101

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 22:04 - Jul 17 by SaintNick

Nathan Tella 24 years old 33 appearances in the Premier league for Saints 1 goal.

Nathan Redmond 29 years old 195 appearances in the Premier League for Saints and 21 goals, not a great total some would say but 1 goal every 9 games roughly speaking .

By the time Redmond was 24 years old he had played 102 Premier league games and scored 14 goals (Including 6 for Norwich)

Given the choice of getting £17 million for Tella and Redmond on a free I know which one i would prefer, seems that Burnley are thinking the dame way, they are going for experience and we are going for inexperience

Great warping of stats . How many of those games did Tella start? In Redmond’s last two seasons with us he managed 3 goals in 60 appearances .

He never managed a season like Tella did last year. I know if Iwas Burnley I would be going for the the one who has all ready been a big success in the team, understands the manager and will have a decent resale value.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 22:45 - Jul 17 with 1408 views1teeminants

They are going for Redmond because they refuse to pay the money for Tella . He was outstanding for them last season so they should pay a fair price. . As you keep saying we don’t need premiership players we need good championship players and Tella has proved he’s a very very good championship player whilst Redmond has not proved he’s a very very good premier league player.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 22:49 - Jul 17 with 1393 viewsPatfromPoole

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 22:45 - Jul 17 by 1teeminants

They are going for Redmond because they refuse to pay the money for Tella . He was outstanding for them last season so they should pay a fair price. . As you keep saying we don’t need premiership players we need good championship players and Tella has proved he’s a very very good championship player whilst Redmond has not proved he’s a very very good premier league player.

Part of me wonders if Burnley are using Redmond as a relatively cheap tool to unsettle Tella and get him to put in a transfer request in frustration.

Kompany isn’t daft. He surely knows Redmond isn’t Prem standard.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 23:03 - Jul 17 with 1373 viewshedgeend61

5 goals in poor 3 team Turkish league doesn't bode well for a PL return, even Orsic is off to a mid table Turkish outfit, so low standards will no doubt drop even more next season

Rather keep Tella, younger, hungrier proven in Championship.
Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 06:23 - Jul 18 with 1292 viewsButty101

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 22:49 - Jul 17 by PatfromPoole

Part of me wonders if Burnley are using Redmond as a relatively cheap tool to unsettle Tella and get him to put in a transfer request in frustration.

Kompany isn’t daft. He surely knows Redmond isn’t Prem standard.

I dont get why Burnley will pay Man city 15mill got a div 1 keeper, but not stump up for Tella

Login to get fewer ads

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 06:26 - Jul 18 with 1289 viewsPatfromPoole

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 06:23 - Jul 18 by Butty101

I dont get why Burnley will pay Man city 15mill got a div 1 keeper, but not stump up for Tella

He’s a very good keeper.

One of the absolute key positions on the pitch.

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 06:36 - Jul 18 with 1284 viewsButty101

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 06:26 - Jul 18 by PatfromPoole

He’s a very good keeper.

One of the absolute key positions on the pitch.

Same kind of gamble as Bazza though, only done it in L1. Tella tore up the championship last season

And how do city keep mugging people off with young keepers. They have done it to us twice now!

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 06:44 - Jul 18 with 1282 viewsPatfromPoole

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 06:36 - Jul 18 by Butty101

Same kind of gamble as Bazza though, only done it in L1. Tella tore up the championship last season

And how do city keep mugging people off with young keepers. They have done it to us twice now!

Did you see the Under-21 Euros tournament recently?

He didn’t concede a goal.

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 06:50 - Jul 18 with 1268 viewsButty101

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 06:44 - Jul 18 by PatfromPoole

Did you see the Under-21 Euros tournament recently?

He didn’t concede a goal.

I watched a bit of the final. It dosent remotely compare to the premiership.

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 07:04 - Jul 18 with 1259 viewsPatfromPoole

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 06:50 - Jul 18 by Butty101

I watched a bit of the final. It dosent remotely compare to the premiership.

Dunno.

The bottom 8 or 9 teams in the Prem are bang average at best.

We were just by far the worst of a very bad bunch.

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 09:21 - Jul 18 with 1197 viewssaints__fan__73

Odd that Redmond only signed a 1 year deal with Besiktas. I thought one year deals were usually only signed by players in their late 30s not late 20s.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Ex Saints player could return to Premier League on 10:17 - Jul 18 with 1159 viewsRon11

Tella has proved himself in the Championship. He scored for fun at Burnley.
If he stays here but doesn't do the same, then the style of play needs to be changed.
I liked Redmond, but he always seemed to be just that little half arsed, never took it too seriously....maybe that was what Guardiola was talking to him about that day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024